Danganronpa X Pokemon Rejuvenation: Gundham Tanaka and his rodents explore Aevium! (Latest defeated: Keta)

Jess

13 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Woah that's a lot of screenshot :D, but even in this way you are able to entertain me ;). Anyway, i have to say that the sprite looks really nice and it is well done :D 

Haha, I'm glad I did so! I thought I'd go for a more detailed playthrough this time, inspired by this one, which was absolutely great!

So, expect some nice commentation, and photoshopped pics showing interesting gags and funny stuff! (similar to invisible Gundham and Gundham getting carried by Talonflame ones, which I made myself :))

Edit: Yes, Ken did a great job with the sprite :D 

Edited by Jess

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jess said:

Haha, I'm glad I did so! I thought I'd go for a more detailed playthrough this time, inspired by this one, which was absolutely great!

So, expect some nice commentation, and photoshopped pics showing interesting gags and funny stuff! (similar to invisible Gundham and Gundham getting carried by Talonflame ones, which I made myself :))

Edit: Yes, Ken did a great job with the sprite :D 

Ah i see :). Very well, i will looking forward for your gags and funny stuff :D. Yeah exactly, he is really good :) 

8 hours ago, Jess said:

Ohhh, thanks for that! I only tried to interact with the tile, didn't think about interacting with the wall in front of the tile! I will screenshot the sequence and add it in the beginning of the next chapter for completeness! :) 

No problem. If you wanna know if there are missable cutscenes ahead or something we can give you a lead

The First Danganronpa was the best. I liked how Kyoko Kirigiri (Actual Detective), Byakuya Togami (Prick/ Intelligent Rich Kid) , and Makoto Naegi (Average Anime Protagonist who happens to be smarter than half the "Ultimate" Cast) were the ones solving all the Class Trials, while the others were just there to contribute evidence or mess with the investigation.

Did end up feeling Empty after 

Spoiler

Mondo was found out and Executed. I felt bad for Chihiro, Mondo, and Ishimaru. At least Ishimaru didn't have to live with the pain for long. Did Yamada do him a favor? That's a question I haven't answered yet.

Opinions about my Opinion are Very much welcome in a School Environment.

Edited by ShadeStrider

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

The First Danganronpa was the best. I liked how Kyoko Kirigiri (Actual Detective), Byakuya Togami (Prick/ Intelligent Rich Kid) , and Makoto Naegi (Average Anime Protagonist who happens to be smarter than half the "Ultimate" Cast) were the ones solving all the Class Trials, while the others were just there to contribute evidence or mess with the investigation.

Did end up feeling Empty after 

Hide contents

Mondo was found out and Executed. I felt bad for Chihiro, Mondo, and Ishimaru. At least Ishimaru didn't have to live with the pain for long. Did Yamada do him a favor? That's a question I haven't answered yet.

Opinions about my Opinion are Very much welcome in a School Environment.

I did enjoy DR1 very much! And Kirigiri was in my opinion the absolute star of the show, surpassing even Naegi, who was just as you said: the typical anime protagonist that promotes high morals and ideals. Something like a DR version of Naruto, showing how hope can defeat despair against the odds.

Spoiler

Mondo's execution and its aftermath on Ishimaru was excruciating to see, I agree... Mostly because it was just a mental trauma of Mondo that caused it all to go bad.

I thought that the second one was better designed though (more well-polished), and I liked the fact that there were obviously many things that didn't fit, or sounded surreal, till the end!

Spoiler

Jabberwock Island? School trip of indefinite duration just for students to bond among themselves? Monobeasts? An island that has infrastructures of a top tourist destination, even though it is deserted?

It followed to a greater extent the pattern set by the first one (locked in a school, unable to escape, killing rules, etc.) and did it well!

I mostly just find DR2 characters slightly more interesting than DR1's ones. But this is just a matter of taste! :) 

Finally, I hope you will enjoy this run as much as I do! :D 

Edited by Jess

CHAPTER 4: Gearen City startings - Picking a starter!

In order to achieve completeness, and thanks to @Lord C who informed me about it, I realised that I missed a scene from S.S. Oceana arc. More specifically...

IzVesNgl.png

This tile seemed conspicuous the first time I saw it too... But I only tried to interact with the tile... But the Dark forces allowed us to take a mental trip back in time... So...

pKe5RXql.png

Reveal what is hidden behind you, wall of secrets!

wJMkyoKl.png

Of course I do. And, my powers enable me to even witness what lies behind the wall...

ZnVSQ6Fl.png

Oh, the mysterious Gothitelle owner is called Crescent! As in crescent moon... She seems strong, yet Gothitelle can't use Teleport properly for the life of her...

AbJVYcml.png

18sC6EUl.png

Wait, mom? That is strangely suspicious...

faiCFenl.png

NXrxZjkl.png

3I6OQBEl.png

Wow, she is a savage. But could mom have secrets from me?

440OJWhl.png

Which involves fulfilling which task? Come on, all people in movies blabber incessantly about plans, don't be all hush hush on me now by breaking this pattern!

sZW2ZJHl.png

Maybe she isn't THAT savage after all.

IFfA5b3l.png

Lgt01EIl.png

OK, so mom is a mere tool to the Mistress of this useless Gothitelle...

jBXkkx5l.png

mTsTczBl.png

Whatever the big hidden task of mom's is, it's too late for her to get herself out of this situation...

v19879kl.png

8NtV7Ctl.png

No it isn't, the boat is going to sink.

gNUsxHAl.png

Wait, whaaaaa? What kind of relation do I have with Crescent?

NwdXT8Sl.png

tRCGvU3l.png

Gundham Tanaka? Leading a normal life? How crudely offending! She shall taste my power when I... get a Pokemon... I'd probably be able to evaporate that useless Gothitelle myself though...

1viCi4il.png

Betrayal my ass, I'm not spending a lifetime leading a "normal life" in Gearen!

LVhbQjbl.png

Poor mom...

H4GoSFel.png

ztitR9Hl.png

Well, it was nowhere near clear to me, in fact now I even question whether my mom is my biological mom, so, thanks for that.

vefncGsl.png

Yes, wear your fanciest outfit, gotta attend the remake of Titanic, the live version.

SyYYMIYl.png

Well... That was... Something I guess! Something that only complicates things further!

But anyways... After this sequence ended, we can go on from where we left it in Chapter 3! Which is...

dSoGfKtl.png

Good grief, I am an immigrant in Aevium now... Illegal one for the time being too!

8ohnWkEl.png

What is that, is it edible?

ONsmZOTl.png

kRpKdmKl.png

G0OT0wLl.png

Oh, I have that!

tyCnOSQl.png?1

Here you are, kind lady!

bQZMS7pl.png

Yes, I just showed it to you :) 

n5tEWexl.png

dswHSchl.png

Hmmm, she's called Mable. Very befitting of her character!

np0xxIml.png

Am I going to be sentenced to break rocks for all eternity in the Alcatraz Prison or whatever place is the Aevium equivalent?

BC6hyDll.png

Sable. And Mable. I bet they're sisters too, aren't they?

DZKexGIl.png

76sn0RGl.png

5amjTrUl.png

I like how security checks were so hard to pass. I guess I could as well carry my artillery with me, nobody would even know.

kBYQgG2l.png

DING DING DING! Reborn brotherhood's disease spreads to Aevium too. Remember how in Reborn EVERY person has to have a sibling? I hope this isn't the case here too.

*Typical dialog in Reborn*

Anna: Where is your brother/sister "insert MC name"?

MC: I don't have any, I am an only child.

Anna: What does this mean? Only child? Never heard of this.

Florinia: Reborn Word Database scanned for input "only child". Zero (0) results found. Error ERROR ERROR

Julia: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Background soundtrack: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM (accompanied with smoke and flames)

Charlotte: OH GOD, LITTLE SPIRITS OF IMMOLATION!!!

Dr. Sigmund: Charge to 110 Volts.

Ahem. I got a bit sidetracked here. So...

5jlHrNol.png

l2H3BRIl.png

HkcplQFl.png

tacYhnKl.png

Thank you Mable and Sable!

WPwHSZOl.png

"Pretty face"? The Supreme Overlord of Ice has a "pretty face"? More like menacing, you insolent human!

DPqiggYl.png

Don't get me started on this...

VfkH5j8l.png

OK, I'll get revenge! Soon... Muhahaha...

JvKi19el.png

THIS IS THE PLACE!

X0G4GXdl.png

Yayyy... More talking...

D2pwxa9l.png

In flesh, bone and aether...

NEChie1l.png

Team Xen attacked S.S. Oceana! People are dying, they need h...

6hdKdbHl.png

I didn't get nervous, it was Team X...

KunjUqfl.png

JESUS CHRIST, or rather Devil and all his demons, listen to me woman!

BODxgNLl.png

AND she calls me a newbie. Remind me to give her a one-way trip to Cerberus' playpen when I get a Pokemon.

xXIdj9Dl.png

QnANcPrl.png

Quick, let's go before something else stalls us, no time to wast....

hA7zbz7l.png

???

GLnIcDHl.png

OH COME ON!!!!

pYoFqC3l.png

Oh, perfect. They have same skin colour... Guess we have the second sibling case guys! Disease is spreading!!!

*One pointless and endless conversation with the creator of the game later*

Wg81on7l.png

Hope not. Honestly, I am grateful for the game, but shoving yourself in the game in a needless way like this isn't necessary at all. Unless you are a main character.

F8TmL1al.png

Yes, starter time!

iQFpQg2l.png

Ouch... My body couldn't absorb the energy of the impact that well... B... But... Wait a minute...

z0to5Sal.png

N... No apologies are necessary, Qu...

DksSyu1l.png

??? ---> 2PLifoqh.png ---> CLlTZf5h.png = Sonia Nevermind

Damn, she looks so much like my Dark Queen... *slaps himself* Snap out of it, sinner! Get going!

37qWcn4l.png

I hope, for your own sake.

4gIKj8Jl.png

Ohhhh, probably the Aevium's Oak-clone!

rvBEm7nl.png

Dodgy conversation with unknown (to me) people... "Make sure SHE is there..." Whom does she/he mean by "she"? Probably the blonde angel that just collided with me. I WILL NOT LET YOU TREAT HER BADLY!

4dt24kHl.png

Redhead on huge screen... Could she be?...

sMYOZRpl.png

tyGCkmSl.png

Yes, she is Team Xen. And Professor is a vile, betraying person! I shall punish him soon enough...

GYKVDWCl.png

T2AZKWPl.png

Is him also a part of the Kardashian family? He's not quite as good looking though.

CRb2dk0l.png

sCzAtg7l.png

BwCyCcxl.png

You cough too much... Nervous, "Professor"?

nDiOS9Bl.png

5WVG6qhl.png

And infiltrating for Team Xen apparently.

KRW8pYyl.png

LOL, good one. You teach them immorality and corruption? Or lying and betraying? I shall teach you crime and punishment!

zfoeRl4l.png

*tries to hold it...* *can't* OH FUCK OFF!

19bM8jkl.png

SHUT UP AMANDA! I tried like 3 thousand times to explain, but your mouth never stops running!

(Tilt is getting too real...)

(One boring conversation later...)

7CSBcx2l.png

Stop following me! Let me get to it!

(One useless load of information later...)

Q2tKXskl.png

Oh, am I allowed, Queen of babbling? Thanks (not).

XngI90kl.png

pN4Ywoul.png

sj9489nl.png

Oh, this little creature is quite appealing to me...

BDaK33Fh.png

d4viUHXl.png

Partners for eternity, you hellish demon!

rsDdSDFl.jpg

And your name, shall be... "Mirage Golden Hawk", Jum-P!

SorWWFRl.jpg

yiFxdsDl.jpg

Now, we both are aching for revenge again people who taunted us and stalled our evil union!

Let's get to it, Jum-P!

2J8ZjwLl.jpg

You make a huge mistake to challenge me, mortal blabbermouth...

F0QpGbIl.jpg

Oh, so the blonde Sonia doppelganger is called Melia... We shall save her from Jenner's machinations, Jum-P!

hrXt8lQl.jpg

In your realm, yes...

3LNnw2Nl.jpg

UihbK9vl.jpg

"Scout Amanda"... Hmmm... So, she recruited me, in a way?

40chLzUl.jpg

Jum-P's first hit in the game was a critical Tackle. Beast and blood-thirsty from the very beginning. I like him already...

Mf1jjxrl.jpg

c4ehmYJl.jpg

Yes, I am. Never underestimate me!

HPfKUQtl.jpg

Oh God, the two-faced Jenner...

Q0Wyxuvl.jpg

So, it is time for Amanda to go...

bmWMtQul.jpg

I will not accept your phone number, my tainted heart is given to the Dark Queen!

MfYvlfcl.jpg

n3GtbtLl.jpg

*Cyndaquil jumps in dancing around and singing in a frenzy*

"You broke my will, but what a thrill
Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!"

Spoiler

"Calm down, my firebreathing demon!", Gundham shouted with a devilish laughter, as he collected the Pokeballs...

UZ0CUCpl.jpg

3tUooYPl.jpg

Hmmmm, I can accept and protect her from her malicious father by staying close to her... Yes, that's a great plan!

nKkoGGSl.jpg

Interruptions everywhere!

gHW5HIjl.jpg

VGj872Cl.jpg

R7jfRdLl.jpg

So, Ren is our male rival and a newbie... Shouldn't be hard...

BBPxQRQl.jpg

I will reap all the experience with Jum-P wrath!

43OD1u6l.jpg

6bGKddxl.jpg

GJIp7Nvl.jpg

Jump-P proved that killing a demon is impossible, even when the Gods of criticals is on the opponent's side! He survived with 1 HP and defeated Froakie, climbing to level 8!

SF7Rwmjl.jpg

Call your superior a newbie, if it eases your pain...

You dare insinuate that I am weak?

ZbZ4oytl.jpg

heuWuJql.jpg

Later, mortal. I wish you farewell!

XZXmoB2l.jpg

Nyl574sl.jpg

G6fjMawl.jpg

...anyways."

SnenSj8l.jpg

Y8BmzMxl.jpg

sM1NC2ll.jpg

mubGvLwl.jpg

I will comply, for the sake of Melia, not to make you a favour, double-faced Jenner...

EDZOwmul.jpg

dYJNZj9l.jpg

Gundham: Justice must rain upon him... Demonic deities don't tolerate lying... Do they, oh majestic beast, Jum-P?

Jum-P: They don't Master. Your will is an order to me. 

Y2H0r0Ul.png

Gundham: Do it quietly and we shall flee like the wind afterwards, young bringer of death!

Jum-P: (Ignoring Gundham's command about silence action) *Sings loudly* 

"Hold tight wait till the party's over

Hold tight we're in for nasty weather

There has got to be a way

Burning down the house"

Spoiler

3cHEjZwl.png

*Cyndaquil aimed for Jenner's Diplomas and honours' showcase*

Cyndaquil: "BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE!"

vHdukvTl.png

*Gundham grabs Cyndaquil in his hug and run out, escaping the Lab"

T7Tqr9q.png

Jenner (quietly): *Sniff sniff*... Something is burning... No, it isn't my cigarette...

Jum-P, the Cyndaquil: Did I do something wrong, Master?

Gundham: We shall flee before the screams of the banshees echo, young trouble demon!

0XuR5NP.png

And stuff we shall do... In the next chapter!

We will explore the Gearen City and get new squad members!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

The squad so far:

Spoiler

cyndaquil.gif

Jum-P, the Cyndaquil (Male)

Lax/Blaze (Item: None)

Shiny: No

• Tackle
  • Leer
  • Smoke Screen

4 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Yes! I'm loving this so much! XD You're awesome at this.

Haha, I'm glad it is entertaining to you! It doesn't feel rushed, like my Poison monotype of Reborn, so I enjoy it too :) 

Plus, it has much more depth in bonding between MC and pokemon, so I like the result so far!

The last pictures made me say "wtf" and they even made me laugh :D. Anyway, nice choice of choosing Cyndaquil, or better Jum-P ;). We're just at the beginning and i'm already enjoying this a lot, i can already imagine the other chapters how much they will be epic ahah xD

1 minute ago, LykosHand said:

The last pictures made me say "wtf" and they even made me laugh :D. Anyway, nice choice of choosing Cyndaquil, or better Jum-P ;). We're just at the beginning and i'm already enjoying this a lot, i can already imagine the other chapters how much they will be epic ahah xD

LOL, thanks Lykos! Yes, it is supposed to be highly humourous! I like how the last chapter turned out to be, and I'm glad I have the chance to use Cyndaquil for the first time! (:o) Little fire mouse is quite scary! It moves a bit slowly, but I don't feel rushed, so that's good :D  

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

LOL, thanks Lykos! Yes, it is supposed to be highly humourous! I like how the last chapter turned out to be, and I'm glad I have the chance to use Cyndaquil for the first time! (:o) Little fire mouse is quite scary! It moves a bit slowly, but I don't feel rushed, so that's good :D  

You're welcome ;). Yes and that's why i really like this kind of run :D. Mhhh, first time with a Cyndaquil? Very good, i'm sure that he will not disappoint you and he have a lax nature, so it isn't so bad :). Exactly, as we say "Who goes slow steady wins" ;) 

8 hours ago, Neco said:

Good Luck with your run, I hope you'll enjoy Rejuvenation!

Thank you! :D LOL, missed your post cause I was preparing new chapter, and it took like 3 hours! Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the run :) 

34 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Yes and that's why i really like this kind of run :D.

Well, expect every single Pokemon of mine to have its own personality, unveiling slowly through pics! ;) It won't be boring for sure! :D 

35 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Mhhh, first time with a Cyndaquil? Very good, i'm sure that he will not disappoint you and he have a lax nature, so it isn't so bad :).

Took a few soft resets to get a decent one, lol... Not more than 5 though!

36 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Exactly, as we say "Who goes slow steady wins" ;)

Yes, and I want to enjoy it, not devour the game and finish it in like 2 weeks or so! That's why I'm savouring it slowly, like good old wine... Sip by sip! :D 

7 minutes ago, Jess said:

Well, expect every single Pokemon of mine to have its own personality, unveiling slowly through pics! ;) It won't be boring for sure! :D 

This is a good thing, and i fully agree :D 

Took a few soft resets to get a decent one, lol... Not more than 5 though!

Luckily, you had to reset it only 5 times, better this way :D 

Yes, and I want to enjoy it, not devour the game and finish it in like 2 weeks or so! That's why I'm savouring it slowly, like good old wine... Sip by sip! :D 

I approve these words without any doubt and i fully agree with you Jess :D 

Ahhhh I see you finally got your starter! I picked Cyndaquil in Reborn as well. I named him San-D though, cuz of how San-D references the Sunday Magazine in Japan, and I let him learn Sunny Day :D 

I'm going to look forward to updates. Good luck on your run and I hope you enjoy playing Rejuvenation! I know I did :D

11 hours ago, ken1380 said:

Ahhhh I see you finally got your starter! I picked Cyndaquil in Reborn as well. I named him San-D though, cuz of how San-D references the Sunday Magazine in Japan, and I let him learn Sunny Day :D 

I'm going to look forward to updates. Good luck on your run and I hope you enjoy playing Rejuvenation! I know I did :D

Damn, why didn't I think of this naming idea? That's brilliant! :D 

Thanks Ken! I'm glad you did! And I'd love to hear about it as well! :) 

5 hours ago, Yagami said:

I am really enjoying this run.

Now I also want a different trainer sprite.

Thanks @Yagami! I'm glad you enjoy this! I'll keep updating for quite a long time, since it is a detailed playthrough with fanfiction elements! So, please stick around :D 

Also, you can as well contact @ken1380 if you really want acustom trainer sprite and have some idea. He's a great person and very talented in spriting too!

6 hours ago, Jess said:

What makes you say such a thing? :D 

Oh, it's a joke, don't worry :) 

I like the way you do it, by the way, I couldn't do it any better myself, honestly.

Though, just one thing. I noticed that sometimes you use certain colours for the text that kind of blend in with the background, which makes it difficult if not impossible to read. For example, the second to last picture from your latest update (the purple text)

2 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Oh, it's a joke, don't worry :) 

I like the way you do it, by the way, I couldn't do it any better myself, honestly.

Though, just one thing. I noticed that sometimes you use certain colours for the text that kind of blend in with the background, which makes it difficult if not impossible to read. For example, the second to last picture from your latest update (the purple text)

You're right about the font colour. I didn't like it either, why I wrote the dialog under the picture as well. Next time I will just fill the text bubble with black/white and write the text on it. I'll just have to be careful to not erase anything important from pic by filling bubble, but that's highly unlikely, as I place bubbles on areas that don't show any important details! :) 

Thanks for the feedback! And sorry for the long wait till the next update. I am quite busy with going to the beach daily and enjoying summer swimming, so I only had time to play a while, but not take screenshots and create photoshop frames!

Maybe I will finish run eventually, like Poison mono and then have an outburst of updates xD

1 minute ago, Jess said:

And sorry for the long wait till the next update. I am quite busy with going to the beach daily and enjoying summer swimming, so I only had time to play a while, but not take screenshots and create photoshop frames!

Nah, no problem Jess, you're doing well to enjoy the summer :D

Just now, LykosHand said:

Nah, no problem Jess, you're doing well to enjoy the summer :D

I knew that an Italian would understand how I feel about summer! :D <3