Bug Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

On 5/31/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jess said:

CHAPTER 22:

After visiting the Magma Gang headquarters (or hideout), we ask Maxwell about the dodgiest place he can think of, where would a kidnapper flee to with his prey. He immediately mentions Reborn's 7th Street, the black market of the Reborn City. He grants us access to it, and we manage to find -oh God- Bennett there. Bennett appears willing to help us save Luna and guides us into the Subseven Sanctum, the temple of the Arceus lunatics... Of course we know it's a trap, cause Bennett is a fucking idiot, but we have no choice. Gotta help Cain and Luna.

But surely enough, El and his lackeys surround us and capture us, throwing us into a cell. But the prisoner in next cell and his Klefki release us, so we cautiously sneak under the eyes of the stupid guards and escape! We battle our way out and read weird prophecies of the Arceotic equivalent to Bible. We solve the puzzle, proving our knowledge of their religion, and open the gate into the centre room of the temple. Where Luna is tied on an altar and is about to get sacrificed to Arceus. But then, the Mad Hatter aka Radomus turns out to be disguised into a lackey of El! And G. Gardevoir teleports away the real guards, after teleporting in herself and theatrically dimming out the lights! After a brief confrontation during which Gardevoir ridicules the nerdy pervert Bennett and El, we save Luna and Cain and leave the place. El doesn't even fight back, since they are heavily outnumbered and Bennett is useless in battle if he has not a field boosting his Signal Beams, as we all know.

Radomus keeps the Amethyst pendant we just reclaimed in order to do his research and asks from us to trust him, we just keep hold of the Ruby Ring for now. Radomus then leaves to unknown destination with G.Gardevoir, ditching Cain who wants his badge battle, so Cain sets off to Agate gate to try and wake up the guards. Luna reveals indirectly that she is sane and knew the truth all along, that El is her biological father. However she tried to fill the hole in Radomus' heart, and I presume she tried to do the same with Serra. I respect her much more now, and I promise to do a dark mono run for her at some point. Luna hands us a Crystal Key and invites us to Iolia Valley and her Gym. The entrance to Iolia Valley is behind the only tree that exists in Vanhanen Labyrinth... So, we are off!

After wandering in the beautifully mystical Iolia Valley and the magically dark crystal caverns that surround it, activating Crystals and collecting all 4 Crystal Keys, we are able to admire the view from above blue crystal bridges access Luna's Gym! However, the stalker Bennett, whose level of cringeness has exceeded 9000, follows us and confronts Luna, revealing he is in love with her and wants her to be his. Oh God... Luna flees to where we will only be able to find her by using our Crystal Keys and Bennett tries to steal the Keys from us to keep chasing her. OK Bennett, time to get destroyed again! (@FactoryofSadness, you asked for this! ;))

VS BENNETT

I won't bother including the whole team I had on myself vs Bennett... It can be summarised as "one man pokemon army". Well, Kindness is male, so one man army might be correct too after all.

masquerain.gif

Kindness, the Masquerain (Male)

Naive/Intimidate (Item: Wide Lens)

Air Slash

Water Sport

Quiver Dance

Hydro Pump

Bennett sent in Larvesta and I sent in Kindness. Kindness outsped Larvesta and Water Sported, tanking a Flame Charge like a champion. In the next couple turns we saw the same thing happen. Larvesta outsped and used Flame Charge, which did eventually get Kindness down to yellow HP, but Kindness gathered 2 Quiver Dance boosts. In the next turn Larvesta Flame Charged Kindness into red HP, but an Air Slash annihilated Larvesta. And Venomoth. And Dustox. Oh, and Yanmega. And Scyther?! Yes. And his ace, Butterfree. Kindness swept them all while being in red HP, without even using a single potion. Checking afterwards, Kindness survived with just 10 HP. Can you stop wasting my time now, Bennett?

He leaves displeased that his training hasn't paid off... YET, as he says, since he will keep training and ask for El to keep his promise to take him into Elite 4.  How you dumbass? You got swept by another Bug trainer twice, how do you even think you're more qualified than me for this position? xD, What a pathetic lil nerd, can't outnerd me!

VS LUNA

Anyways, we go deeper into the cave, and find Luna, finally challenging her for our next badge!

The team I used vs Luna was:

heracross.gif

Sir Galahad, the Heracross (Male)

Jolly/Moxie (Item: Hard Stone)

Aerial Ace

Close Combat

Megahorn

Rock Blast

galvantula.gif

Gaia, the Galvantula (Female)

Modest/Unnerve (Item: Insect Plate)

Thunder Wave

Discharge

Signal Beam

Hidden Power Ground

kricketune.gif

Valiant, the Kricketune (Male)

Bold/Swarm (Item: Scope Lens)

Taunt

Sticky Web

Night Slash

X-Scissor

yanmega.gif

Ecstasy, the Yanmega (Female) 

Modest/Speed Boost (Item: Insect Plate)

Bug Buzz

Detect

Air Slash

Ancient Power

butterfree.gif

Braveheart, the Butterfree (Male)

Timid/Tinted Lens (Item: Insect Plate)

Psybeam

Quiver Dance

Tailwind

Bug Buzz

vivillon-meadow.gif

Fiery Wings, the Vivillon (Male)

Naive/Compound Eyes (Item: Insect Plate)

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Draining Kiss

Quiver Dance

So, Luna starts with Bisharp and I send in Sir Galahad. Heracross outspeeds Bisharp and Close Combats it for an easy OHKO. +1 in Attack thanks to Moxie, -1 in Sp.Defence and Defence though.

Luna tries to check my Heracross before it gets out of hand and sends in her Honchkrow. She is indeed a clever leader, which is a blessing to see after burning brain cells from my encounter with Bennett. However, Heracross outspeeds Honchkrow and uses Rock Blast. It connects 4 times, and since it is boosted by the Moxie boost and the Hard Stone, it is enough to take down the threatening bird of doom. Moxie activates again, +2 in Attack.

Malamar comes in and gets OHKO'ed by a Megahorn, giving Sir Galahad a third Moxie boost...

Tyranitar faces the same fate, but by a Close Combat this time. +4 in Attack, but -2 in Sp. Defence and Defence for Sir Galahad right now.

Sableye comes in then. I go for the Aerial Ace, knowing that it must be enough to take it out with my Attack tripled right now! But it has Prankster and uses fucking Confuse Ray on Sir Galahad. However, Heracross fights back, beats his suicidal thoughts and Aerial Aces the annoying no weakness (except Fairy) thing to death! +5 in Attack thanks to Moxie!

Finally, it is the time for Luna's ace, Umbreon and I desperately need my sweep! The broom is on my hand, Sir Galahad is instructed by me to use Close Combat, but nope! The suicidal thoughts prove themselves to be too strong to defeat, darkness wins and Sir Galahad OHKO'es himself by hurting himself in confusion with +5 in Attack and -2 in Defense. Ouch. :( 

I sent in Valiant, my Kricketune. He outspeeds Umbreon and uses Taunt, immediately preventing it from using Confuse Ray on me. I actually did this to prevent Umbreon from Toxic stalling me to death with combined Moonlight (which heals 75% of max HP in this field), Toxic and Confuse Ray. In the next turn, Kricketune outspeeds again and X-Scissors Umbreon to about 45% of its HP, but Leftovers bring it to green again. A Dark Pulse gets Valiant to yellow, but, in the next turn a critical X-Scissor is enough to take out Umbreon and grant me a relatively easy victory. Second Gym Battle in a row where I have immense type advantage, and I begin to get too spoilt!

I am still a bit salty about failing to get my sweep, but pleased with Valiant, my Kricketune who proved that he isn't a solely early game Pokemon!

Anyways, Level Cap up to 70 now, TM for Dark Pulse, which is semi-useless again (maybe Willpower, my Shedinja can learn it, but has pathetic Sp.Attack anyways) and 9th baddge in the bag!

Now, we have to make breeding preparations for the time we will spend trapped post Agate City and go meet Cain at the Gate...

The Gate to Agate... I love saying this, LOL. OK, I will stop now.

Till the next time, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Omg! The Gate to Agate! That would be the greatest Chapter name ever! XD

1 hour ago, Awesome_One said:

Omg! The Gate to Agate! That would be the greatest Chapter name ever! XD

Haha, it will probably be the title I use... xD

3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Do you think you'd ever do a monotype of Rejuv? These are nice and I'd like to see one applied to another game.

I consider doing one... I'll probably wait for the 7th Gen content though... Also, I haven't played Rejuvenation at all, but I've watched Pllaythroughs on youtube, so I have no clue how hard it really is. Maybe I'll try it in Reborn mode first and, if too easy, try in Intense mode.

If I do one it will probably be either Bug, Poison, Flying or Grass. But, in general, which type would you prefer me to monorun with?

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Haha, it will probably be the title I use... xD

I consider doing one... I'll probably wait for the 7th Gen content though... Also, I haven't played Rejuvenation at all, but I've watched Pllaythroughs on youtube, so I have no clue how hard it really is. Maybe I'll try it in Reborn mode first and, if too easy, try in Intense mode.

If I do one it will probably be either Bug, Poison, Flying or Grass. But, in general, which type would you prefer me to monorun with?

Gen 7 is already in rejuvenation now, a flying mono would be intresting, you have access to 

Spoiler

Fletchling

very early and dont forget noibat and woobat

7 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

Gen 7 is already in rejuvenation now, a flying mono would be intresting, you have access to 

Reveal hidden contents

Fletchling

very early and dont forget noibat and woobat

:o , the new patch of Rejuvenation is released? When, how I missed that? :D

Edit: I checked it out, got released yesterday. Hence a lot of bugs are still existent. I will wait till the stable version is released, then I will check what I can do with Rejuvenation too.

Edited by Jess

12 hours ago, Jess said:

:o , the new patch of Rejuvenation is released? When, how I missed that? :D

Edit: I checked it out, got released yesterday. Hence a lot of bugs are still existent. I will wait till the stable version is released, then I will check what I can do with Rejuvenation too.

i thought you like bugs xD just kidding

1 hour ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

i thought you like bugs xD just kidding

2 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

I see what you did there Amine ;) 

The pun was so real there xD

1 hour ago, Jess said:

CHAPTER 25: Bugs vs Firebug!

As soon as we enter Calcenon City, we meet Hardy waiting anxiously. He notices Aya isn't with me, so we tell him what happened and he flees furiously... We wander around the City and, in a house, we rejoin Cain, Anna, Noel and Shelly. Anna hugs us, since she sensed our aura and knew we were there. If Anna was a Pokemon, she'd be a Lucario with her aura sensing abilities. Or a Riolu, cause she's much much cuter! We discuss our problem with the huge ice block that prevents us from going to Ametrine and Anna and Noel suggest we Dive under it, since all other choices are out of the question. It is a good idea, and we already have the TMX Dive. But we will need the badge from Charlotte for this one to work... As I go towards Charlotte's Gym, I pass from the West Edge of City, and see the barrier that separates it from Labradorra City. Fern has sided with Team Meteor and Hardy gets super mad at him. No reason for me to be angry at Fern, I'll destroy him again when time comes anyways... But all Saphira and Hardy can do right now is sit and wait till something happens... Something to change the power balance..

Seeing that this is the case, I keep my way towards Charlotte's Gym. There, I find Laura crying and Charlotte consoling her. Laura has been fired from her Elite 4 position. Probably this has something to do with El and his promise towards the dumbass, Bennett... Poor Laura flees in embarassment cause I saw her crying and Charlotte runs after her... I go out to follow them and see if I can help somehow, but instead, rejoin Saphira and Hardy at West End of City... Sirius comes down the stairs from the other side of the barrier, literally dragging Aya by her hair. He threatens to kill her , unless I give the Ruby Ring, to which I refuse, even when Charlotte asks something extremely dramaqueen-ish (and so out of her character that it's putting me into suspicion). Charlotte steals the ring from me and runs towards the East End of City, after agreeing with Sirius to hand in the Ring at the Power Plant. We follow her, and find that all her plan was to disorient Team Meteor, gain time and secure Aya's safety. I am relieved to see that we were right to not get all soft by her faked melodramatic approach. She then tells us that she'll be waiting for us at her Gym, hence accepting our challenge. She haven't managed to find Laura though...

VS CHARLOTTE

Ahhhh, this long awaited battle. Massacre by Eruptions and Flare Blitzes. Superheated and Burning Fields. Brute force won't work here. Strategy was necessary... And I had a lot of aces in my sleeve... My team was:

crustle.gif

Protection, the Crustle (Male)

Jolly/Sturdy (Item: Wide Lens)

Shell Smash

Rock Slide

Stealth Rock

X-Scissor

vivillon-meadow.gif

Fiery Wings, the Vivillon (Male)

Naive/Compound Eyes (Item: Sky Plate)

Bug Buzz

Hurricane

Powder

Quiver Dance

yanmega.gif

Ecstasy, the Yanmega (Female) 

Modest/Speed Boost (Item: Rock Gem)

Bug Buzz

Detect

Air Slash

Ancient Power

armaldo.gif

Courage, the Armaldo (Male)

Jolly/Swift Swim (Item: Sea Incense)

Knock Off

X-Scissor

Aqua Jet

Rock Blast

parasect.gif

Tranquility, the Parasect (Male)

Gentle/Effect Spore (Item: Quick Claw)

Spore

Poison Powder

Stun Spore

Rage Powder

paras.gif

Faithful, the Paras (Male)

Hardy/Dry Skin (Item: Air Balloon)

Wide Guard

Scratch

!BACKSTORY ALERT! :) 

Ages ago, while I was still struggling in Rhodocrine Jungle, I came across a shiny Paras. It was so peaceful, was together with a Parasect who was -as usual- absent minded, possessed by the parasitic mushroom on its back... It seemed to suffer, obeying the will of the evil mushroom... All that Parasect wanted was to sap the juice of some nearby trees, but the shiny Paras held its claw and smiled at it... Then, it mixed some of all the powders it possessed, creating a beautiful rainbow dust that fell gently on the zombified Parasect... The shiny Paras pulled the Parasect into the sun and the dust began reacting with the rays... The reflected light engulfed the Parasect and when the blinding rainbow light faded out, the Parasect's eyes weren't white any more... They were black, and it was jumping up and down in bliss, released from its suffering! I knew then that I had to catch this Paras... However, when Fiery Wings, my Vivillon and Braveheart, my Butterfree saw him, he approached them and they laughed together... Fiery Wings came close to me and stole an empty Pokeball from my belt. He rolled it on the ground, Paras tapped it, and smiled at me, as it turned into a red light and was voluntarily caught... I named him Tranquility, cause it is the feeling that it brings to everyone with his magic talent! He was a valuable member of my team and I had given him an Everstone, to avoid being taken over by the parasitic mushrooms on his back... He was so happy... He eventually found a cute female Paras that a girl in Shelly's Gym had and they had an egg... His partner wanted me to keep the egg and show their young Paras all of Reborn Region, so that their child could tell her everything when their family was rejoined... So this is what happened... Through our journey, Tranquility enjoyed sleeping next to me... Some days, when he wanted to sleep in, he woke up before me and sprayed my face with some Sleep Powder, so that he could be as lazy as he wanted... Lazy lil pest! But one day, we overslept and left in a hurry, so he accidentally dropped his Everstone... In the next fight, he defeated Archie's Sharpedo in the 7th Street... And it started evolving... I tried to find an Everstone, he tried to stop, but in vain... He became a Parasect... And recognized none of us anymore... Me, or his friends... And worst of all, he hadn't taught anyone his secret technique to suppress the parasitic mushroom powers... The ones it demonstrated the day we met...

We were devastated, but had to keep going... One day, ages ago, we were walking in Agate Circus... I had bought him some Cotton Candy, since it seemed to relieve Tranquility from his suffering a little bit... And Passion, my Volcarona, was holding his Egg... Which began to crack and move... It hatched, and a beautiful little Paras emerged! His father's eyes became black from white, and he miraculously hugged and played with his newborn son! We thought it was a miracle, but then... It only lasted for an hour... Then, he became the same zombie... And young Paras kept playing with Tranquility, always refusing to stop having faith in him. That's why I named him Faithful. Since then, only a few days had passed. But young Faithful told me through translation of my Willpower, the Shedinja, that he knows a strong shock or happy moment will wake up his dad. So, when we were in Calcenon, he asked me to fight. Versus Charlotte! We'll see, I told him, afraid for his safety... But Faithful insisted that he will win and his dad will wake up when he sees... he wasn't scared even when I told him that he will risk his life, given his typing and ability... So, I took them both in my team... And developed my strategy...

!BACKSTORY END! :) 

!FIGHT TIME! :) 

So, Charlotte sends in her Typhlosion and Darmanitan. I send in Protection, and Fiery Wings. Fiery Wings covers Typhlosion with Powder. Typhlosion uses Eruption, Powder combusts and Typhlosion loses 25% of its HP, however, the field combusts in the end of the turn. Darmanitan uses Rock Slide, which does about 1/3 of Protection's HP, but OHKO'es my Fiery Wings... At least Protection manages to set up a Shell Smash, but it has 252 EVs in HP (had to do it, to OHKO Solaris' Garchomp with Counter at Pyrous Mountain) and 252 EVs in Attack, so (my calculations said that) he won't manage to outspeed everyone with only 1 Shell Smash... He needs another one... I decide to risk it... I send in my baby. Go Faithful! Do it for Tranquility! Faithful, my Level 1 Paras uses Wide Guard. And hides behind it himself and Protection, saving them from Typhlosion's Eruption and Darmanitan's Rock Slide! And Protection sets another Shell Smash! And then... Protection outspeeds anything... With a smile, he winks at young Faithful... Willpower, my Shedinja told me later that he told Faithful "You saved me... Now let's save Tranquility together!". He starts Rock Sliding. +4 in Attack and +4 in Speed. Typhlosion and Darmanitan down. Then Rotom and Delphox. And finally, Volcarona and Ninetales. The field damage isn't enough to take Protection down and he sweeps. The Air Balloon saves Faithful from field damage. He gains about 35 levels and begins to evolve in front of his father's eyes.

I am living the same scene. No Everstone, Faithful has to be strong. And he suppresses it himself. In front of Tranquility's eyes. His father's eyes get teary... His huge parasitic mushroom shrinks to half its size... And his eye pupils become visible. He quickly jumps and hugs Faithful, the little Paras. He sprays them both with the same rainbow powder mixture... The burning field sets them on fire and they get encircled by white light. They are safe. And as Shelly later says, this long forgotten ancient technique was developed by Sages and was thought to be lost for good... But now, to my good luck, it isn't... :) 

After this rather moving scene, Charlotte overcomes her annoyance for losing and gives us our Badge... The Cinder Badge, which is our eleventh Gym Badge, raises the level cap to Lv. 75 and enables us to use Dive outside of battle! And also the TM for Flamethrower! Also highly useless... LOL, unless Passion feels like it. 

In the next chapter, we will go to save the people of Ametrine City and Heather from starvation! 

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

:'( Give me that Paras!!!!! D"''''''X That was sooooo damn good! Father overcomes his shrooms thanks to his son and also, I feel like little Paras and Crustle are best buds! Someone turn this into an animated episode! Haha. This was seriously so good though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

:'( Give me that Paras!!!!! D"''''''X That was sooooo damn good! Father overcomes his shrooms thanks to his son and also, I feel like little Paras and Crustle are best buds! Someone turn this into an animated episode! Haha. This was seriously so good though.

46 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Very interesting to see your strategy for this one. Well done!

Also, that backstory though... Damn

Haha, glad you liked it! Yes, the backstory got a bit out of hand... And way more moving than I initially planned!

When it comes to my strategy, I had that all planned since before getting to Agate Circus and it worked out on first try... Either I was too well-prepared for Charlotte, or she isn't actually THAT scary! ;) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jess said:

Haha, glad you liked it! Yes, the backstory got a bit out of hand... And way more moving than I initially planned!

When it comes to my strategy, I had that all planned since before getting to Agate Circus and it worked out on first try... Either I was too well-prepared for Charlotte, or she isn't actually THAT scary! ;) 

Sometimes getting out of hand is good. I mean I think I got out of hand with the last story I made with my character but I do not regret it.

3 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

Sometimes getting out of hand is good. I mean I think I got out of hand with the last story I made with my character but I do not regret it.

I agree! It is nice to let your fantasy gallop a bit, if you just narrate the Reborn Story the way everyone knows it, it might get too boring... So, thanks again for showing me a new perspective over this! And, maybe expect a few more backstories to come!

FEEDBACK QUESTION TO ALL READERS: Would you like me to give an evaluation/maybe grade bug types in the end of my run and make suggestions (movesets, EV spreads, possible ways of use, etc) to anyone who would like to try a Bug mono possibly? All answers will be read and taken under consideration! :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

FEEDBACK QUESTION TO ALL READERS: Would you like me to give an evaluation/maybe grade bug types in the end of my run and make suggestions (movesets, EV spreads, possible ways of use, etc) to anyone who would like to try a Bug mono possibly? All answers will be read and taken under consideration! :) 

I think that'd actually an amazing idea! Getting advice for a monotype, from someone who's done that monotype!

Just now, Zellorea said:

I think that'd actually an amazing idea! Getting advice for a monotype, from someone who's done that monotype!

I think so too! As long as it's made clear that my advice are not the only possible ways of winning, and creative new strategies are always encouraged! :) 

By the way, you should do it too maybe... Cause I've never had time to use a lot of Psychic types and I'd like to learn some stuff about them by the expert! For example, I'd love to know how could you possibly murder me. xD

9 minutes ago, Jess said:

If you want. I'd deff be interested in what you have to say. :)

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

I think so too! As long as it's made clear that my advice are not the only possible ways of winning, and creative new strategies are always encouraged! :) 

By the way, you should do it too maybe... Cause I've never had time to use a lot of Psychic types and I'd like to learn some stuff about them by the expert! For example, I'd love to know how could you possibly murder me. xD

Yeah! I'll do it at the end of mine and trust me... There a many ways I could murder you >:)

On 6/5/2017 at 3:39 AM, Awesome_One said:

Like using psychic attacks to blow up the brain!?

I'm not extremely afraid of psychic mons with a Bug squad! xD

Oh, btw, you know what they say about @Zellorea's psychic mons though... That they are weak to Bugs, Ghost and Dark cause their powers are based on their brain activity. So, they are like the human mind. Scared of ghosts, insects and the dark!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jess said:

I'm not extremely afraid of psychic mons with a Bug squad! xD

Oh, btw, you know what they say about @Zellorea's psychic mons though... That they are weak to Bugs, Ghost and Dark cause their powers are based on their brain activity. So, they are like the human mind. Scared of ghosts, insects and the dark!

Lol. Very true.

20 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

That Fire Gym is strategy is just crazy... I mean, i've tried a couple of mono-runs, one of them being steel, which was complety stopped by Cal and his fire Pokémon.. Dang, you're great. 

Thank you! You can also check how I defeated Cal with much less pokemons and resources, I'm not sure whether you have seen that! :) 

The fight vs Cal is here. 

That...was amazing! I really was caught offguard by the very sweet background story section, and the Wide Guard strategy was actually unexpected! I loved it! I hadn't realized how weak Charloette was to blocking moves that hit both pokemon with the first two.... I may have to borrow your strategy with a few edits for mine :D Good luck on the future battles!