Pokenations (Creative/Fun/Notable sets)

Hey! I decided to make a topic filled with Pokemon sets, specifically for Pokenations. Pokenations has allowed me to expand my horizon and reach outside of my comfort zones, and I'm really glad I found many options that I was able to use! For every week, I'll try to post as many pokemon sets as I can. The ones that I used, of course. Anyone else, feel free to post your own sets that you thought were usable during week 1. I'll start!

gourgeist.png
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Grass Knot
- Rock Slide

I picked Gourgeist-Super, as my PU mon, because of it's relatively good matchup against my Nation, being able to handle Water / Rock / Bug with just it's coverage moves alone. Will-O-Wisp to assist Gourgeist-Super's already amazing physical defensive bulk, just by burning opponents, say, Mega Gyarados or Tyranitar, for instance. Rock Slide seems like an odd choice, but on the off chance that my opponent brought a Volcarona, I can use Rock Slide to punish it, if it dares setting up with Quiver Dance. Grass Knot is just a nice coverage move, beating Gastrodon and other heavy water types.

ferroseed.png
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

I made this set before Ubers was removed from the tier nation, due to my need of trying to check Kyogre, if my Ferrothorn was weakened or defeated. I continued using this set in my other builds, due to it being able to check the majority of Xiri's nation, Water / Bug / Rock types. I chose Thunder Wave on this set so Ferroseed isn't settup fodder against something like Volcarona / Dragon Dance Gyarados / Mega Tyranitar. It's more of a utility set I wanted to try out, in case I couldn't run Ferrothorn as my OU mon, Ferroseed was my backup.

That's it for now, folks! I might post more of my sets as my Nation plays out their battles. Feel free to post your own sets that you thought were Creative/Fun/Notable, of Week 1's challenge!

EDIT: Will probably edit the formatting of this topic... idk. /shrugs

Edited by Reignited'Light

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your reasoning for running leech seed over synthesis on Gourgeist? I'm interested to know because I use it a lot in PU, though mine is usually Foul Play/Willo/Synthesis/Leech Seed.

What was your reasoning for running leech seed over synthesis on Gourgeist? I'm interested to know because I use it a lot in PU, though mine is usually Foul Play/Willo/Synthesis/Leech Seed.

Facing Water and Rock, they have access to Politoed and Tyranitar that annoy Synthesis. On the off chance those pokemon were used as their OU slot (For Drizzle/Sand), I needed another level of recovery that doesn't lose to weather, since Synthesis health replenishment lowers in those types of weather, as well as Hail. Also, Leech Seed forces switches, so if I anticipate them to switch, I go for another Leech Seed to chip at them.

gourgeist.png

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers

Ability: Frisk

EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Leech Seed

- Will-O-Wisp

- Grass Knot

- Rock Slide

I picked Gourgeist-Super, as my PU mon, because of it's relatively good matchup against my Nation, being able to handle Water / Rock / Bug with just it's coverage moves alone. Will-O-Wisp to assist Gourgeist-Super's already amazing physical defensive bulk, just by burning opponents, say, Mega Gyarados or Tyranitar, for instance. Rock Slide seems like an odd choice, but on the off chance that my opponent brought a Volcarona, I can use Rock Slide to punish it, if it dares setting up with Quiver Dance. Grass Knot is just a nice coverage move, beating Gastrodon and other heavy water types.

I know we were enemies this round, but I must admit, this set is actually quite neat. Well done Skitty!

Okay, Atlantis. Time for some innovation training for the next round. Gather up

I suppose none of us would want to talk about their crazy gimmicks here before they're used, mh? I like the idea of this thread so much though, and in fact you've given me an idea for poaching this and having a general thread on gimmicks. It'll be a bit of a rip-off of Smogon, maybe, but it'll be fun to talk about them in our little Reborn community, right?

I suppose none of us would want to talk about their crazy gimmicks here before they're used, mh? I like the idea of this thread so much though, and in fact you've given me an idea for poaching this and having a general thread on gimmicks. It'll be a bit of a rip-off of Smogon, maybe, but it'll be fun to talk about them in our little Reborn community, right?

Feel free to post gimmicks too, if you want. As long as you had an explanation for it, It shouldn't matter if it lost or won. It's the thought that counts!

And yeah, I actually made this topic based off a similar one made for SPL, haha.

Do you want me to post my "full" Bellly Drum team?
Here it comes!

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Soft-Boiled
- Drain Punch
- Return
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Return
Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Explosion
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Double-Edge
Munchlax @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Self-Destruct
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

I really want there to be a challenge where Unown can be viable. ^^ Then I can post sets here. =D

Do you want me to post my "full" Bellly Drum team?

Here it comes!

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Soft-Boiled
- Drain Punch
- Return
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Return
Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Explosion
Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Double-Edge
Munchlax @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Self-Destruct
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

tch tch tch close but steelix kinda ruin it dont you think its not a Full team till everyone can go Belly Drum

tch tch tch close but steelix kinda ruin it dont you think its not a Full team till everyone can go Belly Drum

That's why i said "full"!

Steelix is only there to put rocks and go BOOOOOOOOOM!

Also there is no pokemon for my nation in RU that can learn Belly Drum :/

Edited by pyrromanis

I really want there to be a challenge where Unown can be viable. ^^ Then I can post sets here. =D

Unown is so bad though, that if ever I were to catch one, I'd want to UN-OWN it!

*Is shot*

Anyways, the only fun I see in using a team of Unown is to make a vulgar six-letter word out of them in the Team Preview!

Unown is so bad though, that if ever I were to catch one, I'd want to UN-OWN it!

*Is shot*

Anyways, the only fun I see in using a team of Unown is to make a vulgar six-letter word out of them in the Team Preview!

W-R-M-D-A-M :]]]

A couple of mons I played this week:

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Head Smash

- Fire Fang

- Earthquake

- Pursuit

Hero (Surskit) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Sticky Web

- Baton Pass

- Toxic

- Rain Dance

*Is shot*

Feel my team of Unown:

Unown F

Unown U

Unown C

Unown K

Unown U

Unown !

Sadly this unbeatable team of Unowns is defeated by species clause.

Jynx @ Focus Sash

Ability: Oblivious

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Ice Beam

- Lovely Kiss

- Psyshock

- Counter

Kind of a situational surprise value kind of thing, but after looking at Amazon's list of pokemon I realized that Counter in the last slot could potentially net me an important surprise kill, which it ended up doing. Counter + Dry Skin is illegal, though this was meant to be a lead in the first place so Oblivious is nice to avoid getting Taunted.

Here I present you the best set in Nations! Sponsored by me and executed by DW!

Staravia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit

What do you mean it only has 1 move? It doesn't need anything else!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/reborn-ou-57262 That's how you do it!
Edited by pyrromanis

My idea, slightly tweaked by Reignited'Light

603.gif

Eelektrik @ Eviolite

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe

Relaxed Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Thunder Wave

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Really bulky support mon with no weaknesses. Absolutely useful in lower tier situations.

I doubt I'll need to use these again in the future, so here you go.

Blobs Burgers (Lickilicky) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
Status absorber and physical tank. RestTalk gives a chance to auto awaken with heal bell, or deal damage with toss. Also leftovers keeps him nice and healthy for another rest when he awakens.
Randy Marsh (Marshtomp) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Aqua Tail
I just like my nickname for him. Essentially sets up rocks, general nuisance with toxic, and can hit pretty friggin hard (295 attack) with each stab attack. Eviolite compliments the 70/70/70 very nicely.

Week 1 of nations vs gaia dd i used

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD

Bold Nature

- Protect

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Spore

As my OU poke.

I used ammonguss because it beats ground and fairy with its stab move and was one of the few pokemon we had in our nation which could tank diancie and lopunny. It can also put normal pokes to sleep. What stands out with this set is that i run protect. I expected dd to use sand or utilize slacking as his pu poke for some reason and with protect i can stall sand turns/ heal up more hp / counter slacking / counter lop fake out / toxic stall better with toxic spike support which i had. Ended up slaying dd in the end -