The Reborn Reader - News, Updates and Teasers!

The Reborn Reader - News & Updates!
Grapevine Gallade here, giving you all a quick overview of all the currently released Redemption League leaders as I've seen and heard of- Unfortunately I am not aware of any situations past what I've current discovered. But have no fear, Grapevine Gallade is on the case! I'll dig deeper and deeper to unravel all the mysteries the Redemption League hosts refuse to tell us!
So what we know as of now, are the following things.
1) Leaders can apparently get swapped out if they seem too powerful to be dealt with early on.
2) There are... Several conflicts between several leaders, it seems. (This sure sounds juicy if you ask me...)
3) We currently know the existance of 13 leaders, which leaves 5 more for me to discover and report back to you guys!
4) There is currently no estimated time or date as to when this League will open up.
That doesn't give me much to work with, but I'm not a reporter for no reason.
(For those who are actually wondering, I'm somewhat-ish related to Gossip Gardevoir- But I'd rather not go into too much detail. Kind of like a rivalry going on, if you know what I mean.)
For those who have missed the obvious and have no idea what I'm about to write down below; These are all the Redemption League leaders I'm currently aware of, with their badges and typings.
Bracket One:
Ewv81PV.pngBSGS3aF.pngAriel and the Regal Badge - Fairy-type Gym Leader.
Someone with a rather.. Sharp tone and somewhat childish attitude. And even though xe carries around a scepter and crown, that doesn't necessarily mean xe's related to royalty, for all we know, they might actually be fake and / or toy objects!
JkSKQdd.pngmkBRsRX.pngNicholas and the Current Badge - Electric-type Gym Leader.
Poor Nick had to give up his position in the second bracket after not being potent enough to stay there- And Elliot took his place in the second bracket. Let's hope nothing bad happens between the two. I'd hate for them to start up some sort of rivalry because of this.
9ry7fjI.pngUGEDUqG.pngOlivia and the Blossom Badge - Grass-type Gym Leader.
This gal and her Serperior mean business. I think she wants to actually try and climb up the Redemption League ladder herself, or that's just the weird vibe I'm getting from her character. I can't really tell whether that smile hides anything or not..
So that's the entire first bracket.. Nick swapped for Elliot, who automatically placed in the second bracket, then Venus swapped for Helen.. Man, this is confusing.
Bracket two:
mfgB8by.pngExOBhCn.pngHaley and the Tundra Badge - Ice-type Gym Leader.
Aurorus simply looks fabulous. The scarf, the boots.. It perfectly resembles its Trainer! ..Let's just hope it shows mercy, unlike its Trainer not showing any for her challengers!
nKZ5VCb.pngFj6QkIu.pngElliot and the Harmony Badge - Normal-type Gym Leader.
Fresh from the first bracket, Elliot has proven his worth alongside his trusty pal Ambipom, and managed to climb up the bracket ladder! This is surely the first of possible future swaps? Who knows.. If swaps were to occur, would that mean leaders can challenge eachother for bracket swaps?! How insane would that be?!
YtkZxfk.pngrHvzruy.pngVenus and the Miasma Badge- Poison-type Gym Leader.
So, Miss Venus is a Poison-type Leader.. Interestingly enough, my guess was wrong on her being a Dark-type leader, so where does he/she/xe end up in the brackets?! I'm anxious to find out. I wonder how Venus battles, that Drapion surely doesn't mess around!
Phew, that's two brackets down, but don't forget, we also know the first leader of the third bracket, Helen!
Bracket three:
ygqFUcl.pngQDXtphs.pngHelen and the Tugtupite Badge, Rock-type Gym Leader.
I think miss Dash should muzzle Helen in the future- Or at least try to. I can hear her yelling all the way from my office- Which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. Who knows, she might slip up and yell something we're not supposed to know? I'll keep listening, even though it's really hurting my hearing.
MLCAk8g.pngJ3fF6ag.pngErwin and the Chrysalis Badge, Bug-type Gym Leader.
So, Erwin is quite the guy. He sure likes his bugs, though I don't really like Galvantula... He seems to have something with bee-puns, too. Nothing I'm particlarly very fond of, albeeit fun to use them once in a while. I guess these things just... Stick to you after a while around him. I wonder how strong his Bug-type team will bee!
s1ilK8m.pngWr9cG1Z.png Lucifer and the Void Badge, Dark-type Gym Leader.
It seems like Lucifer and Venus are quite the pair, though I'm not really sure if Lucifer himself is aware of the fact that Venus more or less... Drags him along. That Hydreigon looks vicious, but I'm definitely not afraid of it! One Close Combat and it'll be knocked out! It also seems like Lucifer doesn't particularly likes anyone and is more of a... Sarcastic person. I still don't like how I only got to know his name through -shrugs- Helen.
Unfortunately, that's all the news I currently have that I can share with our precious readers, but I do believe that as the preparations begin, we might get to learn a few more things, or at least, I hope we will!
I've also been given a teaser image- Apparently these are all the leaders, but not every single one has been revealed just yet.. Miss Dash said I got this exclusive scoop before anyone else, so that probably means I'm being acknowledged as a qualified reporter? Awesome!
Until next time, Grapevine Gallade signing out for the week.

pQ9Y8S6.png

Edited by Grapevine Gallade

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grapevine Gallade here, reporting from the Redemption League HQ! Last time, we were on top of some very exciting news - It seemed that Elliot and Nicholas had swapped positions in the League! We were able to snag an interview with Elliot just before he left, but Nick was just leaving, so we couldn’t get to him. Let’s hope he’s not mad at us because of his position change...

Oh, there he is! He seems to be working with some machinery - the perfect time to get some information from him!

G. Gallade: "Nick!"

G. Gallade: "Hey Nick! Care to give an int-"

Nick: "Hmm? Oh, hi."

G. Gallade: "I was wondering if I could get an interview with you for all of our loyal Redemption League viewers and readers! They

would be thrilled to hear all about your opinion on the swaps."

Nick: "I’m a bit busy with work at the moment. If you don’t mind, I’ll pass."

G. Gallade: "What are you working on?"

Nick: "I’m busy with the machinery, and I don’t want to be bothered by nosey people - or Pokémon - while doing so."

G. Gallade: "Why so defensive all of a sudden? Don’t you want to talk about the League?"

Nick: "I’m not a talkative person; you won’t get a lot of useful information from me. I prefer working here rather than answering

“the crowd’s” needs."

G. Gallade: "You’re not being of much help to us, are you?"

Nick: "That should be obvious. I don’t really bother with people, much less care about those I don’t know. Please leave so I can

continue working unbothered."

G. Gallade: "I- Okay. Cya later, Nick."

Nick: “...”

Well, sorry, people, it seems there’s not any news for us today.

..Or is there? That’s Venus in the distance, if my sharp reporter’s eye isn’t mistaken! Venus was involved in some “events” as well, as we heard last time, but now that Dashie isn’t here, we might be able to get a one-on-one interview with her! Let’s go and see!

Venus stands there, with a very peculiar Pokemon by her side, staring right into my eye while Venus glances off to the side. I must admit that I’m a bit menaced by its appearance, but for the sake of reporting, I’ll go.

YtkZxfk.png

Venus: "Oh, it’s you. I knew you were coming, hun. Drapion won’t let anyone pass by unnoticed."

G. Gallade: "Miss Venus! Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader, do you have a minute or two to answer some questions?"

Venus: "Depends- This “Reborn Reader” thing you report for, is it a well-known magazine?"

G. Gallade: "I- It’s known by a fair amount of people, I’ll give you that much. Hey- You’re not supposed to ask me the questions, I’m the reporter around these parts!"

Venus: "Ha, typical reporter instincts. On the defense when they get asked a question. Alright cutie, what’s on your mind? And don’t get distracted by my physique."

G. Gallade: "Uh- Well, I’d like to get some more intel on how you battle as a leader, because the challengers are wondering what type you use and stuff."

Venus: "Oh, wouldn't you like to know, darling? Keeping secrets is a must for my calling. If I were to spill the beans so easily, where would the fun be in getting to toy around with the new challengers? That shouldn’t stop you from guessing, though."

G. Gallade: "I’ll leave that to the fans. Thanks for the interview, I guess. Now, I’m getting out of here before that Drapion gets too close to me."

Well, that was somewhat stressful, but at least we got a tiny bit of information about the newly relocated Leaders. Let’s hope they’re a bit more open to me next time around.

This was Grapevine Gallade, signing out for today!

Grapevine Gallade coming at you with another interview!

This time around, I've managed to nab an interview with none other than Ariel!

And boy, I have to say this was probably the most annoying one yet. Ariel has such a short fuse, it's not even funny.

-sighs- Let's hope I never have to deal with this ever again.

G.Gallade: "H-hi Ariel, how are you this fine day?"

Ariel: "That's none of YOUR business. Who, or what are you supposed to be? Some wannabe reporter?"

G.Gallade: "Grapevine Gallade, at your service. Bringing you the latest news hot off the presses. Do you mind if I had a short interview with you?"

Ariel: "Ugh. Do you have to? I don't really feel like doing anything at all."

G.Gallade: "I- Won't be long, I promise."

Ariel: "Fine, let's get this over with quickly. I have things to do, places to be and people to yell at."

G.Gallade: (As if you're not yelling at me already..) "Er-hem. What inspired you to become a Fairy-type Leader?"

Ariel: "Uh, hello? Have you seen me? I literally dress to impress. What's more graceful than a Fairy?"

G.Gallade: "Good point, you do dress quite nicely. Which brings me to my next question; Why the crown and the.. Scepter..?"

Ariel: "If people or Pokémon disobey or annoy me, I simply thwack them on the head. And the TIARA was a gift from a special person, which is absolutely none of your business whatsoever."

G.Gallade: "O-kay.. Aside from that, is there anyone you particularly think you can take on in battle and win without a doubt?"

Ariel: "Your boss. My boss. Whatever. I can take them on anytime, anywhere. Sylveon and I are ready for battle."

G.Gallade: "Was that supposed to be a direct challenge.. To the League's main host?"

Ariel: "Maybe. Why do you even care, huh?"

G.Gallade: "No particular reason. Anything you want to let your upcoming challengers know in advance?"

Ariel: "Yeah. I dare anyone to get too close to me. I'll thwack them so hard, they'll instantly-"

G.Gallade: "Okay, I get the idea. Thanks Ariel!"

Ariel: "Yeah, yeah. Now leave me alone, Glamevine Galloser."

G.Gallade: "I beg your pardon?"

Ariel: "You heard me. Now shoo before I let Sylveon take a bite out of you."

G.Gallade: "I'll- Remember that."

Never going near that kid ever again. Not. Ever.

???: "Looks like you just had a rough chat with Ariel, huh? It's alright, xe means no harm, it's just that xe is really.. Protective. In xyr own world, y'know?"

G.Gallade: "I guess. That doesn't give xyr the right to call me names, though- Wait, who are you?"

???: "Don't worry about me. I'm of no concern, just trying to cheer up a helpful community reporter who's been doing a good job keeping the people informed and entertained. I've seen and read your stories. You do a fine job."

G.Gallade: "Gee, thanks miss- I didn't quite catch your name there."

???: "Not a problem. My name is irrelavant for now. It'd be a shame to make my name known to the people. I wouldn't want them to know who the Champion of the Redemption League is, now would I?"

G.Gallade: "No, absolutely- CHAMPION?! Miss, you're the Champion?! I- Uh.. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss."

???: "Likewise, Grapevine Gallade. I hope I can be of assistance in the future, I'll gladly give a full interview once the challengers get to me in the League. Only then will I reveal my name. Spread that around in the community for me, okay dear?"

G.Gallade: "But of course! It's been an honor to speak with you, I simply have to document this as soon as possible, so I have to go!"

???: "Run along dear, I have to go as well, my life isn't exactly the easiest, with people trying to battle me for practice and whatnot. So I must be off as well. Toodles."

And there she goes, dressed in a beautiful red dress with a voice as smooth as silk.

She really turned my mood around after that horrible interview I had with Ariel.

Faithful readers, my apologies for not having any news lately, but from what I've been told by Dashie, they've been trying to wrap the basics up to get ready for the next 3-week period!

Quoting Dashie directly: "I sincerely hope we're ready by November 20. I want to get this ball rolling for the crowd, but I don't want us to not be 100% ready either. So we're doing everything we currently can to ensure we have everything we need done, done. And if not- We can't launch the League until we do get our shit done."

So there you have it folks, hopefully these upcoming three weeks will be enough for the League staff to finish what they have to do. I hope that means registration opens earlier.. If not, we'll hear from Dashie when registration opens!

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the day.

Dark seems more likely to me at this point, as Drapion is excellent to help deal with the weaknesses of Dark by resisting Fighting, Fairy, and Bug. Drapion is still solid for Poison and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Poison leader's team, but it does more for Dark than it does for Poison.

The skull on her waist brings to mind Houndoom so I think she's a dark leader, plus she she looks rather sinister.

I laughed pretty hard at Grapevine Gallade as he seems like such a knock off of Gossip Gardevoir but it's cute in a cheeky way. The league already started though? I remember when Nicolas was bracket 1 and Venus wasn't even revealed yet. This got even more interesting, keep us updated Gally.

My Speculations of the Silhouettes:

Bottom (From left to Right):
Water
Psychic
Middle (LeftToRight):
Bug/Flying/Steel
Dragon/Flying
??? I can't tell (Midmost)
Fighting/Ground
??? His/her Pose doesn't reveal enough for an effective guess (Sprite by Ariel and Olivia)
Top (LeftToRight):
Flying/Ground/Dark/Psychic/Fighting/Water
Steel/Ghost/Dark (Midmost)
Ghost/Psychic
Ground/Flying/Dark/Fire/Psychic
And i think Venus is either Dark/Poison
To recap. this is just my speculation :P
Edited by Epic C

• 2 weeks later...

This is Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader once again!

I've been snooping around here and there, like a true reporter does.. And I've actually seen questions arise on whether I am or am not related to miss Gossip Gardevoir. While I understand this question has been brought up, I have to mention we are not related. We are simply two reporters and have nothing else in common aside from the facts we're from the same evolution group and we both report our findings for our loyal readers.

Without further ado, I've managed to actually snag a bone-chilling interview. This time around with the silent, and dare I say.. Cold-hearted Haley? Who knows, I doubt she's really all that cold deep down.

G.Gallade: "U-uh. H-hello H-h-haley, would y-you m-mind g-giving us an in-in-interview?"

Haley: "..Why exactly are you stuttering? It's not even that cold here."

G.Gallade: "It k-kinda is. C-can y-you r-return Au-ro-rus b-back t-to its P-poké B-ball, p-p-please?"

Haley: "Ugh, fine. But I'm only doing you this favor once."

G.Gallade: "Much better. I don't understand how you can live with this extreme cold, it felt like my tongue was about to just fall off."

G.Gallade: "Now, about that interview.."

Haley: "Yes, yes. What is it you want to know?"

G.Gallade: "The obvious question first, because I simply have to ask; How in the world are you related to Helen?"

Haley: "..That's your first question? Really? Helen and I were both raised differently. I leaned more towards my father, whereas she leaned more towards her mother. My father was the quiet type, reading a good book from time to time, while my mother was more of the chaotic type around the house, trying to do several things at once and yelling at us if we got in the way. That's kinda what Helen inherited from our mother's side."

G.Gallade: "I see, that explains why she's so loud-mouthed at times. Last time I ran into her, I almost went deaf."

Haley: "Do you see why I have these earmuffs on Aurorus and myself? They also function as softeners against my sister's shouting. She rarely talks in a normal tone."

G.Gallade: "Sheesh, is that also why you prefer to stay inside the Ice training grounds? 'Cause she can't yell without freezing her own teeth and tongue off?"

Haley: "Bingo, kiddo. You're not half-bad for a newbie reporter. I like your sharp senses."

G.Gallade: "Aw, shucks. You're gonna make me blush here. Er-hem. Can I ask you one more thing before I take my leave?"

Haley: "Sure, ask away."

G.Gallade: "When I came into the training grounds, I was literally freezing, what happened prior to me getting here..?"

Haley: "Oh, that? I was trying to improve Aurorus' Hyper Voice a little bit by trying to take advantage of the snow and ice around the field. No big deal, if you ask me. Sorry for not noticing you in the first place."

G.Gallade: "You- Wow, that's dedication right there. Thanks for the interview, Haley!"

Haley: "It's alright. I do have one more suggestion, though."

G.Gallade: "What would that be?"

Haley: "If you don't want to become a Grapevine Popsicle Gallade, I suggest you leave this room within the next 5 seconds, because Aurorus is coming back out."

G.Gallade: "Ooooohkay, I'm outta here."

As I took off, I could hear Haley asking Aurorus to come back out of its Poké Ball, and as the doors closed behind me, I could hear a strong gust of wind hit the metallic door behind me. I actually felt that Hyper Voice through the metallic door..

That actually went a lot more smooth than I had expected. Minus me freezing upon entering the room, that is.

Sweet. Next time, I hope I can find Helen- Arceus be with me when I ask for a normal interview with her..

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the day.

Hello loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade here with a special announcement!

I ran into Venus the other day and finally persuaded her in revealing what type she will use in the League! This news pretty much completes the first 7 leaders for the League! As amazed as I was that she even shared this with me, that's not all!

..I also ran into- Or should I say, got dragged to some place by, -sigh- Helen. At least I'm thankful she was willing to answer a few questions- Though I deeply regret not having my earplugs with me this time around.. My ears are still ringing. Oh well.

Er-hem, yes! On to the interviews!

G.Gallade: "Venus, Venus! Heeeeyyyy Venusssss!"

Venus: "Well if it isn't that cute reporter from last time. What's up honey?"

G.Gallade: "I uh- Was wondering if you're finally willing to tell the upcoming challengers what type you will be using.. They're pretty anxious to know, and I don't want to let my readers down, you know?"

Venus: "A-ha, that's the only reason you approached me?"

G.Gallade: "Well, not entirely.. I also want to know what's up with your.. Style.."

Venus: "Ah, so that's what's been bothering you. You're a weird one, but I like you. Alright then. Your readers want to know what type I'll be using? Why, it just has to be the beautiful Poison type."

G.Gallade: "P-p-poison? So why is Drapion your ace?"

Venus: "Because, dearest Gallade, Drapion has a second typing, which is Dark. It throws challengers off-guard and can leave them wide open to an attack. Just like how I get my way with all the men/women whenever I want something done. It just fits me perfectly, wouldn't you say?"

G.Gallade: -gulps- "Y-you wouldn't do that on me, would you? I won't hesitate to Close Combat your Drapion if I had to!"

Venus: "My, my. So feisty. If only you were human, you'd be a perfect- Forget I said that."

G.Gallade: "I'll pretend I didn't hear that.. So what's up with your.. Style?"

Venus: "You mean my looks? What's there to not see? A young woman who isn't afraid to show herself, but also not afraid to set foot on the battlefield. Drapion just happens to bring forth that battling will deep inside me."

G.Gallade: "So that's it.. I think I understand now. You're not the insecure type whatsoever- You're the daredevil diva who literally steps on and over whatever boundary tries to come between you and your goal.."

Venus: "Spot-on. You're really sharp. Interesting.. I'll have to keep a closer eye on you. Who knows what secrets you might have that nobody wants revealed..?

G.Gallade: "Uh, secrets..? I have no idea what you're- Oh look at the time- I gotta rush and document this for the Reborn Reader! Thanks for your time Miss Venus!"

Venus: "Tee-hee, you're ever so welcome, dear."

So! Venus' typing is Poison, huh? Interesting news.. Oh geez, is that- Yes, it is.. Let's quietly try to sneak away- Shit.

???: "THOUGHT YOU COULD ESCAPE ME, HUH MISTER GAL?"

G.Gallade: "N-no.. W-wait, Mister Gal? What the.."

??? : "DAS RITE. MISTER GAL'S YOUR NAME FROM NOW ON."

G.Gallade: "C-could you get off me already? Sheesh. What gives, Helen?!"

Helen: "Oh. Sooooooorrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy. I like jumping people when they have their backs turned to me! Just like.. Tip-toe.. BOOM!"

G.Gallade: "..So I've noticed. What is it you want?"

Helen: "Firstly, I want an interview with you. You've done interviews with everyone EXCEPT FOR ME! UNACCEPTABLE! I FEEL PAINED."

G.Gallade: "Owowow. Alright, alright! What else is it you want..?"

Helen: "U-uh.. (think Helen, think..) Oh! I want your interview published in the Reborn Reader as Mister Gal, and I want to know what Haley said about me, AND I WANT A BAG OF POP ROCKS FROM AGATE CIRCUS, CHOCOLATES, A GIANT SODA-"

Mister Gal: "Wait, you're kidding with all your silly requests, right..?"

Helen: "NOPE. You're doing them, or else.."

Mister Gal: "I'll give you the "Mister Gal" bit as freebie.. If you want to know what Haley said, simply read her interview with me.. And do you have any clue how far away Agate Circus is?! No way in hell that I'm going there for your candy."

Helen: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? DO I HAVE TO JUMP YOU AGAIN MISTER GAL?"

Mister Gal: "Oh geez.. I'll just get you some sweets next time I come around, deal?"

Helen: "Close enough, sure."

Mister Gal: -sigh- "Can we do this interview before I get physically injured even more?"

Helen: "OKAY! Ask away!"

Mister Gal: "First question; WHY DO YOU YELL LIKE THIS?"

Helen: "Because it's FUN! ..Except when you're on a snowy mountain and you can cause an avalanche that could kill you. OTHER THAN THAT, IT'S FUN TO YELL!"

Mister Gal: "Ow, my hearing.. Mountains, you said.. I see you're always set to climb mountains, is that how you also train your Pokémon? By scaling mountains with them?"

Helen: "YUP! We scale a few mountains every day! Small mountains, big mountains, your mom.."

Mister Gal: "Wait, what? My mom?"

Helen: "HAHAHA YOU FELL FOR IT!"

Mister Gal: "Riiiiiiiight.. So what's your relationship with Haley like?"

Helen: "Iunnooooo, she's all silent and doesn't wanna do fun stuff with me. It's boring y'kno. She's my sister and stuff, but she's nothing like ME!"

Mister Gal: "And you're definitely nothing like her.. Must be rough, huh?"

Helen: "Nahhhhhhhhhhhh Haley can do what she wants! I do too! We're both adults, we can do what we want! In fact- I think I'm gonna go run around the forest on Tyrantrum's back! Come on buddy, let's go!"

Mister Gal: "W-wait, you can't just leave me here! I don't even know where I am!"

Helen: "YOU'LL BE FINE, BYE MISTER GAL!"

Mister Gal: "THAT'S GRAPEVINE GALLADEEEEEE! HELENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

-sigh- She actually dragged me some place about 50 feet away from the Redemption League HQ after jumping me.. Thankfully, she didn't drag me all the way across town or something. Ow, my ears.. Glad that's over with.

Loyal readers, I've also gotten word from none other than Dash that the League's signups will open up as scheduled, on November 20th! It seems like they have done what had to be done in just under a month from when the registration thread was created and closed immediately (what a teaser), but expect it to open up on the 20th! Dash also mentioned something along the lines of re-working the entire thread before actually opening it up to the public, and I haven't been told by Dash when they will actually "cut the ribbon" on opening the League, but with them taking on registrations, I'm sure that it won't be long anymore!

Today was.. A good day, minus the events with Helen..

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the day!

• 3 weeks later...

The Redemption League Kickoff! (Day 1)

Hello faithful readers, Grapevine Gallade after a *yawn* very long weekend... While everyone was at the League party, I did my own snooping around and found out a little bit more about a few leaders, but I'll keep that for later on!

Firstly, it turns out that the Redemption League was off to an amazing start! I heard something along the lines of the League channel having as many people as the Reborn server's main channel! That sounds like an incredible feat, I wonder how Dash felt about that when it happened.

I've heard people battling left and right, there have also been minor instances of Ariel taking a certain dislike in Pineapple the Blue (I hope I'm saying that right)? I wonder why Ariel dislikes pineapples, I should ask xem why. Or actually, let's actually not interview xyr again, I refuse to sit through that again.

A few leaders actually showed up early too! They wanted to attend the huge kick-off celebration with the community it seemed. I've watched everything from afar (and gotten some details from Dash along the way), Elliot showed up especially for his one-man fanclub, being Pineapple the Blue. I do believe something was mentioned along the lines of "signing a Bidoof"? How strange. Venus was of course, checking out every single person in the room. I'm just glad she didn't flirt with everyone, or this day would have probably turned into something very weird, instead of a kick-off party! And boy, oh boy. The crowd wanted a leader showdown battle, and they certainly got one. Olivia and Elliot went head-on in an exciting battle, where Olivia, try as she might, could sadly not overcome Elliot's strategic plays and lost to him.

And then began the countdown to 4 PM EST. And as soon as the clock hit 4 PM, utter chaos was released! Dash has sent me the chat logs with timestamps and people were literally issueing a challenge at exactly 4 PM. "It was abso-fucking-lutely crazy once the clock hit 4 PM, dear god. I've never seen so many people sending out their challenges at the same time, we could barely keep up with 3 people making note of these challengers. - Dash" That actually sounds stressful, having to note every single challenger down with 3 people? Wouldn't that make a big mess of everything? I guess it worked out with 3 people somehow, I guess I won't get to know full details on how they managed that.

On to the battling on that opening day!

Ariel and Pineapple the Blue wanted to resolve their little feud almost instantly, and they were the first to battle to kick the League off! Following right behind them, were Chingling Bells and Olivia, who also faced off head-on! And then Pixl and Nick faced off as well! Though it seemed that Nick wanted to be just about anywhere but among that huge crowd back then. Out of these first three challengers, they all came out victorious, all claiming their first badges!

Many, many more battles happened after these first three, but I would just want to point out the first three official battles with the Redemption League's leaders!

Ariel battled fiercly against her competition, a notable challenger would be Noivy57, who thought he could make quick work of Ariel, but unfortunately for him, that turned out to not work in his favor at all.

A few quotes from the battle log Dash gave me;

"?RLDR Ariel: I don't like to be kept waiting." - Oh boy. Was Noivy thinking of what move to make next? I recall Ariel having a rather short temper. Which is bad.

"?RLDR Ariel: At all."

"?Noivy57: yes your roysal highness"
"?Noivy57: Keep your soy sauce simmering" - Noivy, what were you thinking?!
"Noivy57 has 150 seconds left."
"?RLDR Ariel: Ex-cuse me?"
"?RLDR Ariel: What was that, PRINCESS Noivy?" - Oh my. I think Noivy upset Ariel. I'm glad I wasn't actually there to see this. It must have been brutal.
"?Noivy57: See unlike you"
"@Dark Desire: i haven't seen owen lose this bad to a leader since,,, bennett" - Who is Bennett? And Noivy's name is Owen? Lose this bad?! How bad?!
"?Noivy57: I don't keep myself highly"
"?Noivy57: I don't, well"
"?Noivy57: pretend to be something I'm not."
"?RLDR Ariel: Funny, because you won't end up high if you can't defeat me." - Ouch. That must've hurt.
"Major Beatrix: Heh."
"+Chingling Bells: welp"
"Pixlization: oh snap"
"rupe: took more than 1 L in this fight"
"Major Beatrix: I like this person." - That makes one of us, then.
"?Noivy57: I've had worse burns." - Worse? How much worse? I mean, that burn must've hurt, but not that much?

Oh boy, Ariel won 6-0 that battle? That's rough on Noivy. I hope he doesn't underestimate the rest of the leaders in the future, they've all started polishing up their battling skills even more as the weekend passed, from what I've heard.

It also seems that Olivia has had her ups and downs on that opening day, but Nick turned out to be in a total slump. I wonder whether he's going to be okay and pick himself up, it'd be a shame if he didn't!

The day 1 standings, as I have heard, were as follows:

Ariel won 4 of xyr 8 battles, Olivia won 3 out of her 9 battles, and unfortunately Nick lost all 5 battles he had that day.

As to be expected, the League ran until the very last minute on the very first day, with Olivia's battles being the longer battles (probably because she mostly ran Singles).

I have more exciting news too! I did say I snooped around for more information on leaders, and boy do I have some quality stuff for my loyal readers.

I've found the two remaining bracket leaders from the third bracket! And even better, I've actually managed to get one of them to shortly introduce themselves to me as well!

Let's see.. If there are 7 leaders at the opening party, that means I should be able to find at least 1 of the remaining 11 leaders around here, right? Right. Grab your recording stuff, bring out the microphone and camera, I believe I've spotted someone in.. Black and yellow?

G.Gallade: E-excuse me, can I ask you something?

???: But of course, what is it?

G.Gallade: Why are you dressed like that?

???: To bee among the graceful of grace, to not be a stranger to them, or to myself.

G.Gallade: You mean these bees? I see a few Combee and a Vespiquen, but that doesn't explain why you have to be dressed in their colors.

???: Ah, but you misunderstand, my friend. By wearing these colors, I can safely assume that they will not harm me, so I can draw them in peace.

G.Gallade: Oh, I get it now. It's like a camouflage outfit!

???: Wrong again, friend. This is my daily casual attire. I simply like to bee among my Pokémon. And on that note, I beelieve we haven't met before, have we? My name is Erwin, Pleased to bee meeting you Mister..

G.Gallade: Oh, apologies! Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader! I simply approached you because you had such an interesting outfit.

Erwin: It's quite alright. I usually spend my days out in my botanical area, making sure they have absolutely everything they could want.

G.Gallade: I see, but why would you be here if you have to attend your botanical stuff? Don't tell me...

Erwin: Clever. It seems I've been found out. I'm the Bug-type Leader for the Redemption League. Are you surprised?

G.Gallade: Quite surprised, honestly. Does that mean you use Vespiquen? She hasn't left your side ever since I walked up to you.

Erwin: Oh no, my loyal friend lurks around up in the trees, he's not too fond of Vespiquen for some reason. Come on down, Galvantlula. I promise Vespiquen nor Mister Gallade will bring you harm.

G.Gallade: Eek! It's a spider! I, uh. Oh. Well that's embarassing. -Sigh-

Erwin: Not to worry, Galvantula is not hurt by your words. It has a rather strong will, is determined in battle and is quite strong at that.

G.Gallade: Well, if you say so... Would you object if I made our encounter an interview for the Reborn Reader? I promise it's not a tabloid magazine whatsoever. I work to bring the truth to my loyal readers, and nothing more.

Erwin: Absolutely. Do take a good picture of my Galvantula and I, if you could?

G.Gallade: Will do! *Click* So, what bracket are you battling in, Erwin?

Erwin: Why, the third bracket. Why do you ask?

G.Gallade: So, you're in the same bracket as Helen and one other person?

Erwin: Naturally. I'm the holder of the Chrysalis Badge in the third bracket.

G.Gallade: Any chance you could tell me who the other person is?

Erwin: Why would I bee telling you, if you can ask him for yourself? He should bee inside the Redemption League battle facility around this time.

G.Gallade: Oh, thanks a ton! I'll make sure to drop on by to see if he's there. What's his name, if I may ask?

Erwin: I would rather not say his name, to bee honest. He tends to hear whenever his name is being said, even if it's miles away. What I can tell you, though, is that he owns a Pokémon with three heads. Find that Pokémon, and you will find him.

G.Gallade: Alright, thanks Erwin! I'll see if I can find him.

YepBQ2J.png

Interesting character, that Erwin. And a rather interesting outfit. Chrysalis.. Badge? Strange name.

Loyal readers, I will have the rest of the League information from days 2 and 3 up shortly, I have to do a little bit of finetuning on them before I can post them without worries!

Until next post, this has been Grapevine Gallade.

Well, three heads? His ace must be.... Dugtrio.

Jokes aside, I think that if the ace is Hydreigon, which is most probable (I doubt a Bracket 3 leader will have Dugtrio/Dodrio ace) then it would be a Dark leader. A Dragon leader would be much higher up the ladder. but I may be wrong. Good luck snooping, Gallade!