11th Badge Strategies

Kookies

Well, hello! It's my first post! Yesterday I had definitely one of the most intresting pokemon battles of my life as a trainer. Charlotte was all over the place! She sure is the most challenging AI trainer I faced til now. Especially with this super heated field which was an enormous advantage for her team... Sooo I had an idea to make a topic about the team and strategy you used to beat her. Here is mine:

1. Golem Lvl 65 Sturdy Earthquake

Stone Edge

Heavy Slam

Stealth Rock

2. Vanilluxe Lvl 66 Blizzard

Sheer Cold

Ice Beam

Hail

3. Altaria Lvl 68 Perish Song

Sky Attack

Moonblast

Cotton Guard

4.Emboar Lvl 67 Head Smash

Flare Blitz

Hit Crash

Flamethrower

5.Gyarados Lvl 70 Hydro Pump

Aqua Tail

Surf

Dive

6.Nidoking Lvl 69 Sludge Wave

Toxic Spikes

Poison Jab

Horn Drill

In the first round I threw out Golem and Vanilluxe for me to get rid of the SuperHeated Field in case Vanilluxe survived the first two attacks and quake the shit out of the opposition with Golem. However that plan was futile because the first flamethrower KO Vanilluxe wich was replaced by Gyarados(Golem was about to use Earthquake) and the other attack targeted golem which hung on with Sturdy.

So two pokes of Charlotte were down due to Earthquake. Now my plan was to faint golem so as to use 2 cotton candies I had,so as to revive Vanilluxe and Golem to repeat the first round. And the second plan didn't work because gyarados wouldn't faint. So instead i brought Emboar to do some damage with Head Smash. That plan worked I knocked out Rotom(3 remaining pokes for Charlotte) but Gyarados fainted and Emboar was still alive. Now I could almost taste the win because my secret weapon was about to appear...Altaria! Now Perish Song was about to kill them all!!!

Altaria and Emboar and a waiting Golem were there for the Grand Finale. Emboar hung on with 1HP against the flamethrower of Volcarona, but he was not so kind as to not kill Volcarona with his Head Smash (x4 beacause Volcarona is Bug-Fire). Altaria used Perish song and everything was over! She couldn't switch but I had Golem with Sturdy Nidoking and Vanilluxe with full HP, a nearly fainted emboar and a half-HP Altaria with Cotton Guard(!!! drasticaly raises defense 4 stages) to survive 3 rounds. And I did it!!! Now it's your turn! What's your amazing story????

Edited by Kookies

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice strategy! I'm impressed. :D

Mine was far less inventive than that. All I did was set up rain dance, set up a shell smash on my Omastar, and then proceed to sweep both Charlotte's and my own team at the same time with surf. Omastar was the only pokemon on either side by the end of it.

Wow, nicely done. Mine was more or less the same thing as Sheep. First turn I had Clorophyll Venu put Typhlosion to sleep, and used a Rock Gem Crustle to wreak her. Than when Venu went down, I used Blissey to set Rain Dance. After Crustle was knocked out I brought Gyarados in, set-up a Dragon Dance and swept her team with Aqua Tail, using Blissey's turn to heal Gyarados.

Nice strategy! I'm impressed. :D

Mine was far less inventive than that. All I did was set up rain dance, set up a shell smash on my Omastar, and then proceed to sweep both Charlotte's and my own team at the same time with surf. Omastar was the only pokemon on either side by the end of it.

You know i realized before facing Charlotte that i didn't have any poke with rain dance and with Gyarados and Empoleon the only well trained water types i didn't have so many chances.... Surf huh??? Of course surf came after rain dance, right? Intresting yeah i like the rain dance approach :lol: . Pitty I could not make it rain!

Wow, nicely done. Mine was more or less the same thing as Sheep. First turn I had Clorophyll Venu put Typhlosion to sleep, and used a Rock Gem Crustle to wreak her. Than when Venu went down, I used Blissey to set Rain Dance. After Crustle was knocked out I brought Gyarados in, set-up a Dragon Dance and swept her team with Aqua Tail, using Blissey's turn to heal Gyarados.

Wow I like your strategy better!!! The way you coordinated Blissey the Tank-Healer and Gyarados the Force!!!! It's really amazing :)

Thank you Sheep and how do i delete a post?

Edited by Kookies
Double post

My first two pokemon were Swampert and Golem, both with earthquake. Both her Typhlosion and Ninetales used Solar Beam against my Golem (I sirvived the first thanks to Sturdy), but then Swampert's earthquake was ready to kill the two of them. It did not affect its partner because it was levitating (Flygon). Then I proceeded to earthquake with Swampert every turn until all Charlotte's team was sweeped, except for Rotom and Volcarona. Flygon was using Hyper Potions on Swampert or itself at almost every turn, but in the last one used Rock Slide to defeat Charlotte's two last pokemon.

For me, this has ben one of the easiest gym battles in the game, along with Julia, Radomus and Samson (I beated them at the first try).

PD: If you're curious, all my pokemon were at level 69 (although Swampert and Flygon turned 70 in battle). That was because I had to take out Aster and Eclipse without Aya, so I had to level up a bit.

Edited by Alaris

All i did was to have a quick claw galvantula with sticky web, to ensure the web was up then proceed with my huge power diggersby to kill 1st 2 pokes with eq, then send in power herb hawlucha to kill delphox and eq to finish off the volcarona and the ninetails that he sent in. Then i went to gren, as my hawlucha was KOed and used smack down and ended it off with diggersby's eq.

Thanks Ame for implementing Sticky Web. Phew.....

Did not use any potions or healing items at all :lol:

Did not use rain dance too.

1st time using a bug pokemon against a fire type gym. why not huehuehue ^_^

Edited by brianwee2013

You're new, so you wouldn't have known this but double posting is frowned apon. Please don't do it in the future, for this one you could have used the multiquote function, and if you think of something else to say after posting, just use the edit button at the bottom left of your post.

I've fixed your one up for you.

Thanks.

Whenever I'm in a double battle, my strategy is more or less the same: Have an attacker and a support. In this case, Golem would attack with Earthquake and Clefable would use Hyper Potions (I had a few saved from E12) on Golem or Cotton Candy on Swampert. I won when Typhlosion used Hidden Power and didn't one-shot anyone. Golem Earthquaked. Because the field was, in fact, not abalze, I could hang on with Sturdy, Earthquake, and then Hyper potion. It was beautiful. Eventually, though, my Swampert came out and started using Surf. And that, my friends, is what we call "GG."

I will say though, I went in expecting a 1v1 battle. I was slightly horrified to discover it was 2v2.

Also #noraindance

Whenever I'm in a double battle, my strategy is more or less the same: Have an attacker and a support. In this case, Golem would attack with Earthquake and Clefable would use Hyper Potions (I had a few saved from E12) on Golem or Cotton Candy on Swampert. I won when Typhlosion used Hidden Power and didn't one-shot anyone. Golem Earthquaked. Because the field was, in fact, not abalze, I could hang on with Sturdy, Earthquake, and then Hyper potion. It was beautiful. Eventually, though, my Swampert came out and started using Surf. And that, my friends, is what we call "GG."

I will say though, I went in expecting a 1v1 battle. I was slightly horrified to discover it was 2v2.

Also #noraindance

when i double battle is double attacker but this case was diferent because of the amount of damage both my noivern and flygon were taking

Tbh, somehow, i don't know how, but my flygon (lvl69) swept her with EQ and Rockslide. I know some of her pokes carry HP Ice, but they always targeted my other members, also weak to ice, like Noivern. But they weren't OHKOed, so both of Charlottes Pokes attacked the other member and killed it, and Flygon just EQed and KOed both of hers. I think i just had luck haha :D

Meowstic and Cinccino. Set up Rain Dance with Meowstic (Prankster took the guesswork out of getting it up), and started flinging Rock Blasts everywhere with Cinccino (Skill Link is great and no one can convince me otherwise). Then it was just a matter of keeping the rain and my Light Screen up.

I got lucky with misses courtesy of Brightpowder (I'd forgotten I had a Hard Stone, else I would've given him that), and with Cinccino not ending up burned. Otherwise it was pretty straightforward. Was level 67-68 going into it, and the battle ended with them at level 69.

Fighting fire with fire using my Arcanine´s Fire Fang, which gets boosted by Drought and Heat Field and does some very nice damage against fire-types. At the same time I set up my Gyarados´ Dragon Dance two times and then I sweep her whole team ^^

You could win by literally fighting fire with fire.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Woah I loved how you used Perish Song, definitely a good strategy.

Mine was rather boring, after losing to her once I realized that I would've to use fire to defeat fire. Leading with Chandelure and a pokemon weak to fire, the latter would passively be the center of attention while Chandelure with Burning Field + Flash Fire + Sunlight + Metronome (item) would just OHKO every pokemon of her, in the end I had Excadrill & Chandelure vs her 2 Ninetales. I just had to Rock Slide both and Flamethrower one, gg c:

My two leads were Gyarados and Flygon, Gyarados used Dragon Dance once then Aqua Tail, Flygon used only Earthquake. At the end they died but Charlotte remained with only one Pokemon (Rotom) and i had 4 so GG. Charlotte was strong but i won at the first try (Aya and Serra were way stronger)

Edited by Gaunt

• Veterans

Gardevoir Double Combo

I had 2 gardevoirs with Rain Dance

1 offensive the other Support

When the Delphox died i brought in Nidoking and Swept the rest of the team

in the end both leveled up to level 69 ;]

Pretty much my Tyruntrum did all the work (Head Smash and EQ everything) with Electivire and Magmar supporting him either with attacks or using their turns to heal him

When both of them was out I use Snorlax only healing b/c he have about 300+ HP and has much easier that I expect it

(Althrough it was my 3rd time to battle her but only then I use Tyruntrum first)