11th Badge Strategies

Kookies

as my first two used gyarados and infernape.three turns of dragon dance + one acrobatics and two tuns healing gyarados(infernape turn)despite the 3 turns of dragon dance the aqua tail was unable to kill rotom.luckily i clicked close combat to rotom with infernape.now two were gone(rotom,ninetales).next turn volcarona is defeated but my infernape is gone too.i choose nidoking.i heal gyarados in nidoking's turn and use surf.the steam lowers all pokes accuracy.next turn i knock out braixen with earth power.use another surf.typhlosion is not defeated(surf did the job despite gyarados has low sp atk)LAST TURN:nidoking(who was still alive because surf power was reduced by the field effect) used poison jab to KO the barely surviving typhlosion.and aqua tail on ninetales and GAME OVER.(this was the first time that i do not use all my pokes in a gym because gardevoir,exploud and magnezone could barely survive a hit).So surf is a good option along with rain dance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem...my strategy was messy to say the least. I sent out moxie krookodile and Swampert first. Because her AI prioritizes on what does the most damage to one pokemon, she used both solarbeams on Swampert. I send out Empoleon. Krookodile uses earthquake and gets a +3 atk boost for killing everything. Her next to come out. I send in Quagsire. Again, the AI aims for quagsire if they have solarbeam. Get REKT. Then the last ninetales and Rotom-H come out. I've just sent out Gyarados. The sun finally fades and I wreck the ninetales with earthquake, but Rotom was still there. But it took priority on gyarados because it has thunderbolt i think. needless to say, next turn i kill the Rotom with a STAB +6 atk crunch from my Adamant Krookodile 0w0 Charlotte stood no chance.

Posting this just after beating Charlotte myself,

The MVP of my team against Charlotte was hilariously my Ninetales. I didn't expect it to be more than a huge fire sponge, but in the end, Maxed Flash fire + Sunny day + Overheated/Burning field was such a boost that it hardly matters that Charlotte's team was also fire-type anymore. The flash Fire also made it so that Ninetales was pretty much never damaged during the fight, as Charlotte's focus was seemingly always either focusing on my other pokemon or using fire attacks that hit both my pokemon.

Rain Dish Blastoise and Water Absorb Vaporeon...

Set up Rain with Damp Rock 'Toise, Toxic Typhlosion... Blastoise sets up aqua ring too so 1/8 hp healed/turn. Proceed to surf everything which heals Vaporeon while it just sits there taking hits left and right being the defensive monster it is with Wish || Protect and Water Pulsing time to time enemies when it felt safe. Vaporeon died on last Ninetales when it decided to solarbeam it but that let Blastoise set up another rain, and finished the thing with EQ from Flygon... I actually took 5/6 pokes down with just Vaporeon and Blastoise.

I really like these implemented fields, especially when some tactic is working better than expected due to it happening. Was confused for a second when super heated field turned to rainbow one due to me rain dancing after drought. Worked better than intended :-)

My strategy involved starting off with golem to get rid of typhlosion, paralysed the ninetales with jolteon, let them both faint then i sent out blazikien and gardevoir and surprisingly the flare blitz from Blazikien managed to K.O the rest of Charlottes team. Especially with the boosts from the sun and the field.

I led with Alakazam and Sharpedo, Alakazam to use Trick room and Sharpedo to bait the Solarbeam from Typhlosion, then i went into Camrupt and Crustle use protect and Earthquake to rid the of four, Rock Wrecker to get rid of Rotom and Volcarona

wow, didn't know there is a real topic for Charlotte. So as i remember there are only 3 gym leaders that have own topics for strategies to defeat them: Noel (mostly Noel -_-), Florina (that Cradily as i remember) and now Charlotte. And for Charlotte, all i did is Flygon with Rock gem (for Rock Slide to kill both Volcarona and ninetales). Other than that: Spam Earthquake when my Staraptor wrecked every- single- thing with Brave Bird....(don't even need Drizzle Politoed or Rain Dance)

I abused a different mechanic other than the usual rain dance strategy. I buffed her and myself I must say. I turned the field into burning with an eruption typhlosion. From there, it was an easy sweep abusing flash fire and sun boosted fire attacks. From there I just stuck it to her ninetales with swift and then gg

okay, new effect for Charlotte: Flash Fire only works for her. And rain lasts 1 turn.

I don't think you need to go that far. Flash fire does work a bit too well against her (Heck, it effectively turns her whole set-up against her), but it shouldn't be hard to give her some counter to it.

I actually got destroyed the first time cause I wasn't expecting it to be a double battle. The second time, I used Golem and Pachirisu. Pachirisu uses Follow me to keep Golem from immediately getting knocked to sturdy with a Solarbeam. After Pachi went down, I switched in Braviary and then proceeded to Earthquake and Brave Bird all of the things. The Rotom gave me Trouble cause it outsped and One shot Braviary but a Critical hit Smack Down from Golem took care of it.

The key to destroyong Charlotte was freaking Dunsparce in my place, Glare everything and Paraflinch them to death, Hex Misdreavus did the rest, hardly used any other Teammates. Dunsparce too op

Edited by Calvius

Personally I had no idea that the battle was a double battle so I ended up leading with a Krookodile and a Magnezone. Not one of the better strategies out there...

By the 2nd battle though I led with Gyarados and Krookodile and used the oh-so-original Rain Dance. I was planning on spamming Earthquake with Moxie boosts to win, but Solarbeam was an OHKO before the rain was set up. It didn't really matter in the end though because rain-boosted Aqua Tail took out everything in a single hit, even the Rotom

I used the usual Rain Dance strategy, then I spammed Boomburst with Noivern until everything dropped dead. Nidoking softened up her bulker guys with earth power/surf. I would've preferred to use Sludge Wave but Telepathy didn't work =/

Edited by Starblade

wow, didn't know there is a real topic for Charlotte. So as i remember there are only 3 gym leaders that have own topics for strategies to defeat them: Noel (mostly Noel -_-), Florina (that Cradily as i remember) and now Charlotte. And for Charlotte, all i did is Flygon with Rock gem (for Rock Slide to kill both Volcarona and ninetales). Other than that: Spam Earthquake when my Staraptor wrecked every- single- thing with Brave Bird....(don't even need Drizzle Politoed or Rain Dance)

You know the thing with Noel was pretty much speed, to gt rid of cinccino and swellow because of their good abilities. Its difficult to stay alive after a hit from those two. Oh And a good attack for obvious reasons. I've got this things in my first team (Crobat,Alakazam,...) Florina was such an easy target with my starter Chimchar which by that time was already Monferno so... Now with my first team: Gyarados(without raindance... i know i should have had it), Gardevoir, Infernape,Vanilluxe,Crobat,Electivire Steelix and Alakazam and with no other good water or Rock type Pokemon except Golem which is the third team of mine i couldn't have many chances... Thats why i had some probs at the first two times. I also overgrined my first team (everyone was 70 Lvl). I suppose i could have bring out myUmbreon Blissey Gengar Golem combination for hypnosis confuse rays dreameating earthquaking and healing but when i saw the double battle i thought.... PERISH SONG and i just wanted to beat a fire type with Ice so....!!! :P

I surprisingly did really well on this gym, even though I was only training up Azumarill and Greninja, but once I read about Drought.. well... Anyways.

So I forgot it was a double battle, so my Greninja and Diggersby went out first (65 and 71 respectively)

I put in a rain dance so some damage would be reduced, then used earthquake on Diggersby. Luckily, since the rain came in, The Typhlosion and Ninetales needed two turns to use Solarbeam, but my Diggersby's Earthquake KO'd everything on the field (including Greninja :( ) so I sent out someone else, not sure, but I earthquaked again and started KOing all of her pokemon. I managed to do this down to Rotom and Ninetales, but I got taken out by energy ball. Last pokemon left is Gardevoir and Azumarill. Since Rotom used Overheat, it's sp.atk dropped (whew!) so I managed to take some hits with Azumarill. With Aqua Tail, I got Ninetails past half, even with the sun out. (woot) but it died shortly after. Luckily, since they were targeting Azumarill, I decided to put in some Calm Minds on Gardevoir. I managed to get 3 in then I was able to OHKO Ninetales as soon as Azumarill fainted. and since my Sp. def is up 3 stages and rotom's sp. atk is down by 2, I barely took any damage from yet another overheat. so I used Psychic and took it to orange HP. I predicted the Hyper Potion (Because they always do) and used another calm mind. Took it out after a couple psychics, (since she healed again) but after that, the battle was won!

Team:

Sir Toad/Greninja lv 65

- Rain Dance (For Charlotte)/ Dark Pulse

-Grass Knot

-Surf

-Smack Down (Idk anything else to go here

Diggersby lv 72

-Earthquake

-Strength

-Cut

-Hammer Arm

Justice/Arcanine lv 66

-Crunch

-Outrage

-Fire Fang

-Flare Blitz

Lady/Gardevoir lv 64

-Psychic

-Shadow Ball

-Calm Mind

-Teleport (For quick travels back to Center)

Zuzu/Azumarill lv 69

-Play Rough

-Aqua Tail

-Brick Break

-Aqua Ring

Jet Li/Primeapelv 67

-Assurance

-Rock Smash

-Close Combat

-Brick Break