Ep 13 Help thread

Felicity

I don't know how to even begin dealing with Charlotte. I only have a team of six leveled Pokemon, not a huge variety to choose from. And even those may be underleveled; can anyone remind me what the pre-Charlotte level cap is? I think I'll just have to grind; is route 4 the best place for that?

Welp, I'd recommend going over to the Team Showcase section and making a topic. Or PMing me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to even begin dealing with Charlotte. I only have a team of six leveled Pokemon, not a huge variety to choose from. And even those may be underleveled; can anyone remind me what the pre-Charlotte level cap is? I think I'll just have to grind; is route 4 the best place for that?

What Pokemon do you have? Also, funny enough Fire Types are probably your best bet against Charlotte if you don't have a very fast Rain Dance user. If you want to pick up a Fire Type, I'd especially recommend Houndoom, Arcanine, or Typhlosion due to them all having Flash Fire (Typhlosion especially because Eruption hits both foes in a double battle, you just gotta keep it at high health) which will prove extremely useful as her sun and arena power up Fire Type attacks to the point where if you have Flash Fire and STAB, you can use Fire Type attacks and they will be slightly more powerful than a normally effective attack without the arena effects.

What are the main changes in episode 13 prior to the new content? I'd like to know what I have to change in the speedrun route.

(Obviously I know what the changes are from the release post, but I really want to know exactly what those changes are. I'm most curious about what I would have to do, if anything, against updated Shelly and Shade.)

I have a Luxray, Gardevoir, Scrafty, Gyarados, Golem, and Crobat. I could try to put rain dance on Gyarados (or another Pokemon, if any of those can use it), but either way I think I need to level a lot. My team is low 60s most, with a couple in the high 50s. If Typhlosion is still obtainable at this point in the game I might pick one up. =o

Yeah, the best thing to do is to get rain dance on the field. Just about everyone (who's not called Jericho) beat her that way. It'll cancel out both the effect of her field, and the effect of the sun, and instead put a penalty on her fire type attacks. Crobat might be fast enough to get it up, Gyarados should be able to live whatever they throw it out turn one and get it up too.

I have a Luxray, Gardevoir, Scrafty, Gyarados, Golem, and Crobat. I could try to put rain dance on Gyarados (or another Pokemon, if any of those can use it), but either way I think I need to level a lot. My team is low 60s most, with a couple in the high 50s. If Typhlosion is still obtainable at this point in the game I might pick one up. =o

You will want to be in the high 60s for Charlotte. Unless you still have episode 12 downloaded, you gotta beat Charlotte first so that you can go back to 7th street and buy a Cyndaquil for 9 red shards. Rain Dance is the best strategy (I didn't use it because it doesn't mesh with my team at all), but Flash Fire Typhlosion with Eruption is one of the better options for Charlotte as well.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Uh-oh.

I don't seem to have Rain Dance.

If you joined the Magma gang you get it when you defeat Archer in 7th Street. If you joined the Aqua gang you get it after you find the old lady whose house you broke into during the gang quest in 7th street, and then go into her house and fight her. After that Archer will give you Rain Dance.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Do you still have your copy of episode 12? If so then go back to the Agate Circus, save in the room where the gym leaders are, and then pull episode 12 back up. Have you fought Mrs Craudberry yet? If you have then what you want to do is go to 7th street and fight your rival gang leader, he'll be down there. If you haven't then you need to talk to your gang leader outside of Craudberry's house, beat Craudberry, and then potentially beat the opposing gang leader in 7th street as well. One of the two gang leaders will give you the TM for rain dance.

I don't think so? Try it and see what happens, but I think you only have access to the other side of the circus checkpoint after beating the gym leader, which is why I recommend you go back to episode 12.

Edit: Actually I think you'll be fine. I don't have episode 13 yet, but in the beta version I was just able to return backwards without beating Charlotte.

Well, I don't have it anymore. >.> Guess I'm in a really bad place...

Try going back anyway. It let me do it in the episode 13 beta. I don't know whether or not it's different in the full release, but it's worth a shot.

I somehow didn't need Rain Dance to defeat Charloette. I had a Tyrantum set up Stealth Rock during the first turn while I had Blaziken out to absorb attacks and nuke with Hi Jump Kick as much as possible, then have the Tyrantum use Head Smash until Blaziken was out. Send out Archeops with Rock Slide while Tyrantum switches to Earthquake.

But most people aren't going to have a setup anywhere similar to that. I only did because I couldn't decide which of the rock types I wanted to round out my team, and it turned out that I needed both to beat Charloette.

On another note, I've been going around and exploring. Found that if you enter the mountain through the surf entrance near Amaria's house and then use Escape Rope, you'll glitch yourself at that entrance with no choice but to reload. If you save, I'd imagine you're screwed. So don't do that, guys.

Regarding early game Surf areas:

All of the early Surf areas I've investigated, which are the cave in Route 1 (which was completely changed by the way), Iolia Valley, the cave in Chrysolia Forest... They all require Dive and Waterfall to proceed further. Which makes sense, as technically we're not supposed to be able to return and explore those areas yet.

Regarding possible Sticker quests:

I'm sure everyone knows about the one at Agate Circus already.

The hidden room at the Underground Railnet containing the Dusk Stone has been fixed. That sticker's available again.

I found a woman at the top left area of Chrysolia Forest that asks for medicine, and when I got it for her, she said she was going to return to town and to drop by for something. I went to nearby Spinel Town and couldn't find her. If she's in Reborn City, I haven't been able to locate her yet. I don't know if she hands out a sticker.

Edited by Alilatias

I see you Amethyst, giving all of Charlotte's Pokemon HP Electric to counter the people that still have Gyarados. Still got my badge though, and Flygon finally managed to be useful; glad I've got it now.

I doubt the battle would be nearly as easy if I didn't have EV trained Pokes though