Dragon Quest stuff

chuckles

Good title? No? Maybe? Whatever.

Anyhoo, a new Dragon Quest game was finally announced, after a while. It will be an Action RPG for PS4 called Dragon Quest Heroes. Link with video below.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/1/6092321/dragon-quest-heroes-ps4-ps3-musou

I don't know what to think of a DQ Action RPG but this looks pretty awesome to me.

Edited by chuckles

Oh, no wonder the combination of "heroes" and tecmo koei sounded familiar:

Mystic_Heroes_Coverart.png

This old game wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. The new game looks a lot smoother, but comes off as trying too hard to compete with Hyrule Warriors. But I like the change from turn-based games to more real time battle games. A bit hack and slash, but it looks like it would be fun. I wonder if there's any character creation involved.

I don't think there's much information about the gameplay available yet, but I do know that the Dragon Quest games have gone back and forth between fixed character classes/names and a massive amount of customization, depending on the game. So we can't be sure until it's proven one way or the other.

Never heard of Mystic Heroes, actually.

Edited by chuckles

The Dragon Quests I ahve played are 8 and 4. ((yea....weird numbers shhhh......)). I really like 8 though I never finished it. Yangus was probably the best fighting Party Member, and King Trode was my fav party member. ((he didn't fight, but dang he was hilarious lol. Not to mention him and Yangus really didn't get along and hilarity ensued.))

I would strongly recommend Dragon Quest 3, for GBC. It's probably still my favorite game, it's quite long and complex, with excellent puzzles, and some of the most extensive customization imaginable. The story is nice, too. It's also exceedingly difficult, with 2 different massive overworlds and many towns and areas, with loads of sidequests and items. The replayability is fantastic.

For the record, I have played DQ 1,2,3,4,6,8, and 9. Dragon Quest 7 was remade for 3ds recently and may soon become localized for an english release, which would be phenomenal, as I have heard wonderful things about that game. Apparently it is the longest and most complicated game in the series, and I adore long and complicated games.

Dragon Quest 7 was remade for 3ds recently and may soon become localized for an english release, which would be phenomenal, as I have heard wonderful things about that game. Apparently it is the longest and most complicated game in the series, and I adore long and complicated games.

I heard exactly the same thing about IX. Should try VII and compare them.

I've only played Dragon Quest: Monsters and Dragon Warrior 3. I think Dragon Warrior 3 = Dragon Quest 3? Wiki doesn't make it clear whether or not 1, 2, and 3 were remakes of Dragon Quest 3 for handhelds and thus the slight name change, but that's what it sounds like. Since after the last boss in DW3, they give you the name/title of Loto out of the blue.

That was really weird at first. I was like, I have a name. Why are they calling me Loto? And then I read about the first two games and realized it was a prequel and it was basically keeping shit canon.

Btw, Ortega was a badass to get as far as he did BY HIMSELF. #NOPARTY #LEROYJENKINSYOLO #ALMOSTDIDITALONEBUTITWASDANGEROUSOUTTHEREANDNOONEGAVEMESWORDSFORFREE

I've only played Dragon Quest: Monsters and Dragon Warrior 3. I think Dragon Warrior 3 = Dragon Quest 3? Wiki doesn't make it clear whether or not 1, 2, and 3 were remakes of Dragon Quest 3 for handhelds and thus the slight name change, but that's what it sounds like. Since after the last boss in DW3, they give you the name/title of Loto out of the blue.

That was really weird at first. I was like, I have a name. Why are they calling me Loto? And then I read about the first two games and realized it was a prequel and it was basically keeping shit canon.

Btw, Ortega was a badass to get as far as he did BY HIMSELF. #NOPARTY #LEROYJENKINSYOLO #ALMOSTDIDITALONEBUTITWASDANGEROUSOUTTHEREANDNOONEGAVEMESWORDSFORFREE

Yes. All yes. The first several Dragon Quest games were names Dragon Warrior in America because there was already a well-known american game called DragonQuest, and they wanted to avoid infringement. However, in 2003, Square Enix actually registered the Dragon Quest trademark in America, so all of the games after DQ7 bear the name of Dragon Quest in America.

Even the original SNES releases of the Dragon Warrior games had the Dragon Warrior name, and the GBC remakes still used it.

• 2 weeks later...