Graterras: Dark Destinies [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Raindrop Valkyrie

as I said, Hitman aren't allowed to have extra class. They are kinda a powerful force in this universe. That also is just a kinda variant on it. It is just a hitman who wouldn't work for a family. And I prefer the most combat orienated class not be free agents.....that could get really messy.

((by universe I mean this off-shoot of Graterras. Hitman are the closest thing ot adventurers along with smugglers. I really can't afford to have free lances of both since it could get very ugly very fast for the other PCs if rogue hitman just start doing whatever the hell they want.))

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the way classes are defined, they are more about your position than anything else. If you want your assassin to use magic to take his targets down, just say he uses magic and have Hukuna agree to that. Am I right, Hukuna.

If anybody wants to hear my thought on possible custom classes, I would love to see a mad scientist styled character. Just think about it. For science(alchemy).

Yea, I think Classes are going to have to be more defined, but they are more of positions then classes. More like a Job.

A science thing could work, but I would have to figure out how it would work. (thing is I don't feel comfortable throwing it in for only one reason.......It isn't something that exists is Graterras original. Graterras Original is apparently 200 years in the future, so it can't be anything too drastic.)

Also, since this is more centered around intrigue and the Political side of things it would be hard to fit a scholarly type in and have them be relevant more than the occasional while. Since they can't just know everything etc.

I think no one here likes to be the target of an assassin or a hitman, even politicians like Sith's char has a background of being a hired killer. either you choose/create a job that can defend itself or be a killer in this type of rp that revolves around politics and family feuds. (that why i created Firo, he aint bothering nobody unless when provoke, his only goal is to survive in this new jungle-like city that he stumble upon.)

but i see where you're getting at, a rouge hitman can be dangerous in this type of setting. they can stir up trouble in a jiff. i guess i'll stick to my manor guard/smuggler class.

Can we combine a class with a normal job? Because, like Murdoc, I had an idea for a thief / apprentice blacksmith to keep up appearences.

But corrupt politician sounds fun too... So if Murdoc goes for smith, I might go for that...

Yea, you can use what would be a seemingly normal Job as a cover. (and i kinda intended that to be the case.).

and I am accepting Sith and Typh's characters

(are there are any other characters that I didn't get to yet? I will be getting their back stories up in the main post asap.)

I'll get a character up tonight / tomorrow. I've been busy with looking for a job so it took a while.

When are you planning to start this RP?

Character Name: Relos Tedosian

Faction: The Iron Knights, though he hides this for the most part.

Class Descriptors: Relos is an artificer. A mix between a blacksmith and an enchanter, artificers create magically imbued weapons, armor, and other magical items. These range from simple artifacts like unusually sharp blades and strong breastplates to full-blown magical weapons and armor, given enough time and the right price. Artificers supplement the work of a normal armorer with stronger, higher quality weapons for elite soldiers and nobility. An artificer has access to a surprising amount of information depending on his customers. Orders for anti-scrying amulets or large amounts of weapons and armor can clue in one on exactly what one's enemies are doing.

Appearance: Fairly tall and fair-haired. For the most part, he lacks the bulky build of most smiths, since a lot of his work is done with magic, though the work does show on his frame. He has a fondness for expensive cloaks. His hands and forearms are covered in scars and minor burns from his work. He has bright blue eyes and some of his hair is charred. His somewhat unkempt hair has a few burnt portions, though he does a good job of trimming these.

Personality: Relos is very careful and very serious when it comes to his work. He strongly dislikes it when a shoddy job is done by anyone. He tends toward gruffness, but this is mostly due to fatigue and being concerned with a number of issues. Relos takes joy in creating high-quality objects and considers himself a kind of artist. Following his principles to a fault sometimes leads him to trouble and actions that most would consider foolish. He finds the feud with the Wickwickets regrettable but many of them irritate him on a personal level. When his vision isn't obscured by distractions or his strong emotions, he is quite kind and charitable. He tends to be overly trusting.

Background: Relos has lived in the city for all of his life. Apprenticeship was an excellent option for him, coming from a family that wasn't precisely well-to-do, so he signed on with an older smith. He spent much of his free time in libraries, digging up tidbits of magical knowledge. He started to experimentally apply this to his work, and over time became a talented artificer, with his master, a regular armorer for the Ironclads, guiding his more mundane learning. When the old man died without any family in the city, Relos inherited the smith's workshop - and his contracts. Seeing them as an obligation he had to fulfill, he became a fast and loyal servant of the Ironclads, supplying them with magical steel and the details of any order another family placed with him. One night, a young thief broke into the smithy. He was prepared to teach the kid a lesson about respecting property himself, but the young man had a convincing story and a shocking resemblance to Relos, at least when he was younger. He offered the young man, Ryger, an apprenticeship on the grounds that he stop his troublemaking - or, at least, that he try harder to not get caught.

will finish later

Character Name: Ryger

Faction: Thieves Guild

Class Descriptors: Thief (he’s also a blacksmith apprentice for appearances)

Appearance: Ryger has long blonde hair that reaches the base of his neck. He usually keeps it into a ponytail. He has blue eyes, is 16 years old and 5’3” tall. His arms are a bit more muscular than the rest of his body from the hard work at the blacksmith. During the day he usually wears his blacksmith clothes; a dirty grey shirt and brown leather pants. When he goes out stealing he wears a dark clothes and cloak to conceal his face and hair.

Personality: Ryger behaves friendly and polite towards people and customers. He also shows respect for people with high ranks in the city, but deep down he doesn’t care. Ryger sees everyone as a potential target, unless they are customers who visited the shop not long ago (to avoid a pattern). He doesn’t trust people and has a habit of collecting things that are hard to get, no matter what the value is. He also enjoys the thrill of locating his target and taking it without getting caught. His goal is to collect enough money so he can spend the rest of his life in wealth.

Background: Ryger grew up in the slums. His only relative was his selfish, alcohol addicted father. Ryder was forced to take on various different jobs such as polishing up the shoes of the rich or bringing around errands for a very little paycheck. He did it for years without complaining until his home situation became worse. Ryger’s father lost his low payment job and forced his son to give everything he earned to him, just so he could spent it all on alcohol. Ryger barely had anything left to eat, let alone some ‘new’ clothes or shoes and his father still demanded more money or would kick him on the street.

Ryger did what he was told and as time passed by, he grew more and more bitter. Life wasn’t fair and soon he learned that if you want something, you have to take it. He started to hone his thieving skills by pickpocketing from the rich and stealing food from carts. Months passed by and Ryger, who kept some money to himself, became careless. His father caught him eating fresh bread and demanded to know where he got it and how he paid for it. Ryger refused to answer and it got into an ugly fight which resulted in him running away, with nothing but a knife (the first thing he stole).

Desperate and without a place to go, Ryger became more bold. He resorted to breaking in and stealing more valuable items. He stayed undetected for a long time and even found a place to call home. One day, two years ago, he was almost caught. Ryger left a house with a pocket full of money, when some guards ran into him by accident. In an attempt to shake his pursuers off, he ran into a nearby blacksmith to hide. The smith found him and thought Ryger wanted to steal from him. Ryger was able to persuade the man with a story about how he wanted to make it out of the slums by learning a skill. The smith felt sorry for him and hired him as his apprentice.

On that moment Ryger thought about starting a new and honest life. He threw away his last name and sold everything he had stolen with exception of the knife, but his good intentions failed. The thievery had become a habit. It was who he was. He tried to resist it, but the temptation was too much. Only a few weeks after he was hired, a snobby, unthankful and very rich lady shoved the door in his face when he brought her husband’s new sword. A week later the new sword was hidden under a plank in Ryger’s home. It was the only time he ever stole from a customer.

Ok, the only thing I haven't figured out is how he joined the thieving guild. Maybe he can join them later?

Edited by Chimchain

I think I am fine with it, adds a way to get you into the plot, thought the Ironclads will consider you part of their Household if you work for the guy they hire. (that may lead to you having a few extra pair of eyes on you if ya ain't careful Chim.)

Sounds like I'm in trouble lol

Murdoc, how you want to do this? You want to start with me being your apprentice? If that's the case I might change my backstory a bit to fit with yours. Or will it happen in the story?

Sounds like I'm in trouble lol

Murdoc, how you want to do this? You want to start with me being your apprentice? If that's the case I might change my backstory a bit to fit with yours. Or will it happen in the story?

I figured I would adjust my backstory to fit yours, we would start out together.

SOrry this thread has been a bit quiet, been polishing stuff up getting ready to start her up. Still not sure if I want to want for each family to have at least 1 PC under their wings to more easily draw them into a focal point in the story, what do you guys think?

It would be helpful if we know which characters are completely accepted besides Stratos and Rosesong. xD

I would say it depends on which families don't have anyone. Like the Runeborns can easily manipulate things from the background at the start without having a PC representing them. Or like the Tazmilies; they can pretend they are 'learning' their young lord everything about politics and stay a bit more mysterious.

And I took a quick look at PC's and noticed the Tazmilies don't have one. I think the rest is covered... So if that's .correct it might depend on what you had planned for them

Pretty much what Chimchain said.

Maybe you should focus at first on which Families are the most powerful/ have open feuds with each other, then gradually begin to bring the lesser families into the focal point as the story moves on.