Three odd things that could work

Kaze

Not entirely sure where to put this, so i will do it here

Rumor says that Ame might be taking out the stickers all together and i am fine with that. But instead of the stickers, they should grant you access to the higher floors of the department store by way of how many Gym Badges you have. That could be good, right?

Also, as for the Pulse Pokemon that look like messed up/awesome Megas, Ame COULD add in Fusion Pokemon. I mean it has already been done by game freak with Kyurem and its counterparts. I am sure Ame could do something like that make it even more awesome. Like a Post Game thing were some Psycho is doing it to random ass pokemon. I don't know.

Anyway, the find thing i want to put out there is Alternate Evolutions. We already have that with Snorunt and Gloom. But what i am taking about it is this. I recently saw a picture on facebook where a charmander is under water and looks to be asleep, but we all know it is dead due to it tail being out. However, when Snorunt is given a Dawn Stone and turns into a Froslass, its typing changes from Ice to Ice and Ghost. In a sense, you basically killed it. Now taking that same principle, if Chamander dies and is put under water, it could turn into a Water/Ghost or a Water and Fire type. You basically killed it but it lived on as a different pokemon with a different typing. Another one could be to give it the Fire/Ghost Type though death and then rebirth when its body comes into contact with a litwick.

What do you guys think?

Well first let's look at what Ame has done with the game so far. Ame has been almost 100% original in everything she has done for this game. 18 gyms, PULSE pokemon, a system to access certain levels of the department store, puzzles never seen before in any pokemon game, and weather and time based event pokemon.

What do these things have in common? Ways to make the game more difficult than your average pokemon game.

I also had thought that perhaps the gym badges could equate to the floors accessible in the department store, much like the availability of items in pokemarts in the main games. Well, getting to the 10th floor automatically is a bit too easy for Ame's taste. Perhaps for every two gym badges we unlock a floor? That sounds more Ame to me.

Fusion Pokemon I don't see happening. Its been done in a fan-made game before and she's too original to take an aspect like that from Game Freak from what I would think. A post game involving fusion is something I doubt we'll see either. This game flows very nicely and including fusion pokemon would be rather abrupt and sudden and wouldn't really make much sense. Ame has already confirmed we will be able to catch legendaries post game and that will take up a good amount of time. I'm sure she'll have a lovely post-game, but it will still have some relevance to the game in general.

Alternate evolutions. Sounds cool, but falls under the same concern for lack of flow in the game and having it so abruptly.

The ideas are nice but I just don't think Ame would really think about it. She's had the majority/the whole game planned out for a while and I don't see her changing much of her storyline like that.

I like the substituting Stickers for badges instead concept...

The Fusion mon thing seems like a somewhat interesting avenue.

and you lost me on the last one... just... no. that's just not right, my friend...just to messed up to justify, I mean, killing your pokemon in order to get it to change forms or evolve into something else? personally, that just doesn't fly morally with me, bro. no bueno.

no bueno.

Edited by Stratos

When Snorunt is given a Dawn Stone and turns into a Froslass, its typing changes from Ice to Ice and Ghost. In a sense, you basically killed it. Now taking that same principle, if Chamander dies and is put under water, it could turn into a Water/Ghost or a Water and Fire type. You basically killed it but it lived on as a different pokemon with a different typing. Another one could be to give it the Fire/Ghost Type though death and then rebirth when its body comes into contact with a litwick.

That's some Pokemon Snakewood shit right there O.o

don't get the wrong idea, I found Snake Wood funny as hell when I played, yes, there were zombies and death and all that, but at least in that, you weren't freaking ACTIVELY KILLING YOUR POKEMON. the guy suggests you pretty much toss a charmander into a body of water to extinguish it's flame and kill it, just to see whether it would come back as a ghost type...

call it me just being a bit sentimental, but I personally can't condone that type of shit. the things fight for you, entrust their well being to you (Or it may all just be Stockholm syndrome, which ever you believe) they do pretty much all the work for you, pushing boulders, shattering rugged rocks, carrying you up waterfalls. they even go so far as to risk themselves to fucking defend you if necessary!

so to just... no. simply no. that, and the justification for the Idea is spotty at the very best.

That said, I DO like the first two ideas he proposed, with the badges in place of stickers for the ODS, and throwing in some fusion mon at some point. it's just that the third one makes me feel as though I need to draw a moral line for myself.

Edited by Stratos

I really only suggested those dark aspects because Ame's game IS dark enough to pull that off and it would just be side event like most of the event pokemon already are.

2 gyms for one floor was kind of what i had in mind. Don't want to make that shit to easy.

don't get the wrong idea, I found Snake Wood funny as hell when I played, yes, there were zombies and death and all that, but at least in that, you weren't freaking ACTIVELY KILLING YOUR POKEMON. the guy suggests you pretty much toss a charmander into a body of water to extinguish it's flame and kill it, just to see whether it would come back as a ghost type...

call it me just being a bit sentimental, but I personally can't condone that type of shit. the things fight for you, entrust their well being to you (Or it may all just be Stockholm syndrome, which ever you believe) they do pretty much all the work for you, pushing boulders, shattering rugged rocks, carrying you up waterfalls. they even go so far as to risk themselves to fucking defend you if necessary!

so to just... no. simply no. that, and the justification for the Idea is spotty at the very best.

That said, I DO like the first two ideas he proposed, with the badges in place of stickers for the ODS, and throwing in some fusion mon at some point. it's just that the third one makes me feel as though I need to draw a moral line for myself.

But in the main gain, some of the descriptions are dark as hell AND let's not forget that you are already killing off your female snorunt when it evolves into a froslass, that is all i am saying. And no, i do not mean actively killing your charmander like that. For all we know, it could have gotten beat by a Water Type and died that way. After that, you could give it a water stone, place it in the water AFTERWARDS, or something else.

• Support Squad

I think a nice idea would be type changes, as in Luxray should be Dark/electric rather than pure electric as we all know. it's been done before and could add a touch more interest to certain pokemon

i do not mean actively killing your charmander like that. For all we know, it could have gotten beat by a Water Type and died that way. After that, you could give it a water stone, place it in the water AFTERWARDS, or something else.

Alright... well if it's that kind of way, their deaths being circumstantial instead of just straight murder, then I guess it could prove to be an interesting Idea. maybe have it so that taking them to certain areas after it happens triggers a chain reaction between the energies in the place and causes them to come back, maybe even with a different ability than others in the species would, like say, laying a charmander to rest in Aphothyll mountain causes it's flame to re-ignite and replaces it's old ability with Flash-fire

Edited by Stratos

I like the sticker change idea. It doesn't have to be one floor every (other) badge or anything; it could just be specific floors linked to specific badges. This type of change would fix the issue of people playing earlier episodes having higher floor access due to changes later removing said stickers.

Fusion? Oh I'm sorry I didn't know this was Digimon Reborn. :rolleyes:

PokeXros!

What about Black and White Kyurem though?

I don't think Reborn is going to be including any fakemon, so...? Doesn't strike me as the sort of game for it, being honest. (The PULSE Pokemon non-withstanding, since they're story-relevant.) That kinda makes those second two ideas impossible, unfortunately.

Good to know the stickers aren't being removed, though. The badge thing would've worked nicely, but I liked the sticker concept, and I don't know what'd happen to the sticker quests if they were removed, but it'd require a lot of rewriting.

But in the main gain, some of the descriptions are dark as hell AND let's not forget that you are already killing off your female snorunt when it evolves into a froslass, that is all i am saying. And no, i do not mean actively killing your charmander like that. For all we know, it could have gotten beat by a Water Type and died that way. After that, you could give it a water stone, place it in the water AFTERWARDS, or something else.

There is absolutely no proof that you are killing off your snorunt. Added ghost type is just a benefit really, not a cause of death. It's not like by putting the spooky plate on arceus, it kills it or anything like that.

I'm redoing the stickers, not removing them.

Not interested in fusions or evolution though. That's not this game

That is fine, was just expressing my ideas. I didn't actually think that you would use them. Still, good to know that stickers aren't going to be gone for good.

Edited by Kaze

There is absolutely no proof that you are killing off your snorunt. Added ghost type is just a benefit really, not a cause of death. It's not like by putting the spooky plate on arceus, it kills it or anything like that.

Yeah, to me it always seemed like Snorunt is just immaterialized or something. Ghost=/=Dead.

my idea is random trainer only pokemon that are alternate versions of pokemon, maybe a blue charizard that uses water attacks instead of fire, a red Pikachu (fire). they could be called Charizard?, or Pikachu? have a ? after each type difference pokemon.

If she does add a few fan made pokemon she could instead of giving them full number ids she could use A01 if I was a better spriter I would try to do megas of as many final evolutions I could.

maybe she can add a Mega stone store that will happily take your pokemon and after 24 hours will sell you the mega stone of said pokemon, she could also use a Pulse stone allowing Pulse pokemon evolutions, it could be a held item that decreases friendship by 1 after everybattle if transformed or not. this way the move frustration could be a little more usefull

Anyway, the find thing i want to put out there is Alternate Evolutions. We already have that with Snorunt and Gloom. But what i am taking about it is this. I recently saw a picture on facebook where a charmander is under water and looks to be asleep, but we all know it is dead due to it tail being out. However, when Snorunt is given a Dawn Stone and turns into a Froslass, its typing changes from Ice to Ice and Ghost. In a sense, you basically killed it. Now taking that same principle, if Chamander dies and is put under water, it could turn into a Water/Ghost or a Water and Fire type. You basically killed it but it lived on as a different pokemon with a different typing. Another one could be to give it the Fire/Ghost Type though death and then rebirth when its body comes into contact with a litwick.

What do you guys think?

Wat

my idea is random trainer only pokemon that are alternate versions of pokemon, maybe a blue charizard that uses water attacks instead of fire, a red Pikachu (fire). they could be called Charizard?, or Pikachu? have a ? after each type difference pokemon.

You mean like Pokémon Delta Species? I've always thought that would be a cool idea to implement into the mainstream games.

You'd give a Pokémon a Delta Stone or something and breed it in order to create an Egg that would hatch into a Delta Species Pokémon with different typing. But since they're essentially forced mutations, the Delta Species Pokémon would be unable to breed.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, Delta Species sounds awesome.

Also, the whole 'Snorunt, Froslass, Dead' thing. think about it. It's the only thing that BECOMES a ghost, as well as not being 'trapped soul/involved with the spirit world, and it evolves with a Dawn Stone, DAWN! Dawn=>Sun=>Ice Melt=> Dead Ice Type. Doesn't that make perfect sense?

Not that any of these ideas are bad or anything (I don't really want to go into Pokéthics), but like Ame said, that isn't really this game. Its hard to pack every potentially fun idea into one game and make it feel cohesive. You could, but at this point in its development, adding fakemon and fusions would be coming out of left field.

Edited by Velocirapture