time for ame to relinquish the good tms?

sandy

Regarding the TMs, how about some useful Physical TMs? Facade, False Swipe, Rock Smash, Explosion and the HMs except for Dive are pretty much worthless. Brick Break could be good.

On the other hand you have Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave and Dark Pulse as very useful Special TMs (and Charge Beam when you get it), along with Struggle Bug, Frost Breath, Infestation and Grass Knot.

Pure physical teams like mine don't have too many toys to play with.

we have rock smash (cant remember where to find exactly) explosion (bought in 7th street) and samson gives brick brake, and @ secundum is mud slap still a tm? thought md slap tm was a one time only thing in gen 2

Edited by sandy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have rock smash (cant remember where to find exactly)

under the great stairs... and Rock smash is just slightly more useful than tackle... 40 Strength... like tackle... 15 AP (tackle has 40) and the defense down is what makes it slightly more useful... IF IT WOULD HAPPEN more than 10% of the time...

I said it often enough... I HATE that move because we have to carry it just to get around...

we have rock smash (cant remember where to find exactly) explosion (bought in 7th street) and samson gives brick brake, and @ secundum is mud slap still a tm? thought md slap tm was a one time only thing in gen 2

i think you're right, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me to see some shenanigans like that thrown in this game somewhere.

as for the good tms, you would think we would get them before the E4, but i wouldn't hold your breath and bank on them.

Personally, I think part of the challenge and appeal of Reborn comes from the lack of decent TMs. If we get stuff like Earthquake and Thunderbolt, then we could just slap them onto our Pokémon with reckless abandon and never have to worry about decent STAB and coverage moves ever again. If someone wants good movesets for their Pokémon, then they'll have to take the time and effort to breed for them. If you work hard, then you'll be rewarded accordingly for it.

under the great stairs... and Rock smash is just slightly more useful than tackle... 40 Strength... like tackle... 15 AP (tackle has 40) and the defense down is what makes it slightly more useful... IF IT WOULD HAPPEN more than 10% of the time...

I said it often enough... I HATE that move because we have to carry it just to get around...

STAB Rock Smash. I annihilated rock walls with belly drummed Chesnaught. Guess you just gotta work around it. :P

EDIT: For those who don't know, Chesnaught learns belly drum at lv 1. I used a heart scale (SO DONT GO ASKING ME AGAIN HOW I GOT IT.)

Personally, I think part of the challenge and appeal of Reborn comes from the lack of decent TMs. If we get stuff like Earthquake and Thunderbolt, then we could just slap them onto our Pokémon with reckless abandon and never have to worry about decent STAB and coverage moves ever again. If someone wants good movesets for their Pokémon, then they'll have to take the time and effort to breed for them. If you work hard, then you'll be rewarded accordingly for it.

I DO NOT BREED ANYMORE. I SPENT 5 DAYS TRYING TO BREED EXTRASENSORY/ENERGY BALL BUDEW. GO AWAY.

EDIT: I kinda gave up after that, stuck with a 31 def/SpA/Spd/SpD roserade... lol I was hoping to do a 5IV but eh 4IV in those stats, Im still thinking I got lucky.

Edited by Lynxiechan

I DO NOT BREED ANYMORE. I SPENT 5 DAYS TRYING TO BREED EXTRASENSORY/ENERGY BALL BUDEW. GO AWAY.

EDIT: I kinda gave up after that, stuck with a 31 def/SpA/Spd/SpD roserade... lol I was hoping to do a 5IV but eh 4IV in those stats, Im still thinking I got lucky.

oh men....don't let me start with this....i think i got lucky enough to get Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb budew with 2IV and acceptable other stats. but it's really painful. 4 IV???? stick with it. And i found that using pokemon with their own moves by level up or re-learn only are much more fun :v

STAB Rock Smash. I annihilated rock walls with belly drummed Chesnaught. Guess you just gotta work around it. :P

See... you needed Belly Drum to make this move viable even with STAB :P

Could have just used Hammerarm which is learned at level 60...

And still there are many other Fighting moves which are way more viable...

Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave have the same power and are more viable due to priority, and even have more AP. (for PvE purposes no need to rush back to the Pokecenter ever 3 minutes to replenish AP)

Power-Up Punch is like the opposite of Rock Smash... instead of MAYBE decreasing defence, it increases your attack ALWAYS when it connects.

I would consider them equal IF the defense down of rock smash would happen more often... but sadly that's not the case...

I think the only viable Pokemon for Rock Smash would be Technician Breloom, and even then it's just average... with a strength of 60...

Leaving out the moves with varying power like Low Kick... only multi-hit moves are weaker than Rock Smash... (and the other 3 moves that are stated above)

Edited by Cepheus

See... you needed Belly Drum to make this move viable even with STAB :P

Could have just used Hammerarm which is learned at level 60...

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-HAMMER-R-R-R-R-A-A-A-ARM?!

HAMMER ARM.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

NEVER. I WILL NOT SLOW MY CHESNAUGHT DOWN. >:

In all seriousness though, it's my personal opinion but I absolutely hate moves that drop your speed by 1 or two stages as a consequence of the move. But yes, I suppose I could've. Regardless, with a base 60 damage attack I'm okay with it- I only ever use it for rock/dark/steel/normal types. Or I do use it for grass type as well, I guess.... lol

EDIT:

Just saw this as well (and this is kind of off topic but meh)

I think the only viable Pokemon for Rock Smash would be Technician Breloom, and even then it's just average... with a strength of 60...

Technician Breloom would make Rock Smash 90. The 1.5x boost from STAB and also the 1.5x boost from Technician.
(EDIT: ^ That's also why most Technician Roserades stick with mega drain. But I prefer natural cure ones so it's breed energy ball (sucks to high heaven to do that but meh)
But doesnt samson give brick break? I read that somewhere, I forget (and if it's somewhere above this post dont kill me my memory is shit awful and I read it yesterday. q-q)

Flying - TM101 - Peck

Ground - TM102 - Mud Sport

#Tailwind OP

Oh dear. Peck. *Smacks everything in sight* #WheresAcrobaticsTm

EDIT: My quotes seem to have edited your names out @Cepheus and @Vinny o-o even though I see them :c soz Never mind.

We're not THAT close to the end of the game... We have only 10 out of 18 badges. There's a whole Pokemon game's length to go (8 badges) until we're ready for the end of the game. And that's assuming we don't have more gym leader deaths along the way.

I think Titania pushes Amaria off a cliff, I'm not sure... I saw that on one of the screens in Shade's Gym, that and also Lin imploding (which I found a deep gratification from. 'The only strength is pure unbridled power' my ass, that stupid green haired bitch. Her death is less than she deserved really.)

Edited by Lynxiechan

• Support Squad

Ok, so i think the good Tms are gonna be After the E4. Thinking on that though, let's consider all the things we KNOW we have to do. Leaders:8 more, So,Seeing as there are 12 episodes and 10 leaders in game, it's a fair bet that there will be a few "meteor" episodes, dedicated to fighting the scourge of reborn. I'd personally say min 3 epsiodes dedicated to this.so, if you can do math, that's 11 more episodes estimated. 11. just to get to the E4, then theres the fact that even the E4 battles may not go interrupted, Fpr example pokemon Black where your challenge was interrupted by N., and who says the games story ends there?The E4 is by no means the end of Reborn

Long story short, we have a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG, way to go before we even get the possibility of good TMs.

@Lynxiechan

yeah sry. of course it's 90... somehow I forgot the stab... must have gotten distracted, while looking at the other moves... but the point still stands, since the other moves would also be 90 on technician Breloom :D

I see your oppinion on Hammerarm... but as long as you only fight one with a fighting wekness you can immediatley switch out :P

And yes, Samson gives you Brick Break.

oh yeah: and I demand Solar Beam for our Sunny Day/Drought Teams!!

Edited by Cepheus

Y'all are so damn greedy. C'mon, she was nice enough to give us Conkeldurr AND Metagross. Besides, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Facade aren't bad. We just gotta wait. :P

I'm not even gonna use Conkeldurr until we can get a flame orb though.

Soo...never? Well maybe after the E4 (and a quest long 3 episodes ^_^) at that time Ame will give us the last sticker to get to the top floor of the Dep. Store

Flying - TM101 - Peck

Ground - TM102 - Mud Sport

#Tailwind OP

correct me if im wrong but im pritty sure that you cant invent tm's with the essenals kit.

cowtao thats the point almost all the nice tms avalible at the moment are physical/

ps rock smash is in no way a nice tm

correct me if im wrong but im pritty sure that you cant invent tm's with the essenals kit.

True (maybe)

She can change the move inside a TM though. Like TM26 = Mud Sport

TM62 = Peck

Or something like that. But i doubt she'd change something like this. Ame wants to keep some stuff like in the original games.

I'm happy with the TMs we have right now though. After all, it could be worse. A LOT WORSE.

• Administrators

I can create any kind of TM I want. I probably will have to make one for Rock Climb, but that's the only one I intend to do.

Also sorry to say, the E4/Champion will be the end of Reborn's story. There will be post-game stuff, but a climax needs to be a climax. ^^

I can create any kind of TM I want. I probably will have to make one for Rock Climb, but that's the only one I intend to do.

Also sorry to say, the E4/Champion will be the end of Reborn's story. There will be post-game stuff, but a climax needs to be a climax. ^^

Wow! Can we have a TM that kills the opposite trainer? I will use it only once, on Fern of course, promise! Also when Reborn ends i will be very sad...

There's also Anna with the Jirachi doll, who is also a Psychic leader I believe. Either we randomly lose the badge Radomus gave us, or Anna gets a promotion to E4 status. Just came to mind. lol. I also miss Victoria so I'm not sure if she'll come back as a rival trainer or become another E4 member.

There's also Anna with the Jirachi doll, who is also a Psychic leader I believe. Either we randomly lose the badge Radomus gave us, or Anna gets a promotion to E4 status. Just came to mind. lol. I also miss Victoria so I'm not sure if she'll come back as a rival trainer or become another E4 member.

While Victoria is now the head of the Academy, and probably won't be coming back, many speculate that Anna is the Champion

• Support Squad

*Cracks Knuckles* I am prepared for the onslaught of failure the E4 will bring. I am also glad that the E4 is also probably 15 episodes Away ^.^