Favorite Tank?

Arago_Hunt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tankchomp best mon, hands down. He's just so versatile, being able to act as a SR lead in one game to an X-Char check in another to a mon that punishes Voltturn teams, I absolutely adore him.

QFmIxn1.gif

Also itt people who don't know what a tank is

Edited by Synchronoise

• 3 months later...

I'm really sad there's no love for my boy Chestnaught

chesnaught.gif

This thing is hella tanky - if you pair it with something that can get rid of flying type mons he can put in a lot of work with some really good move options like spikes, leech seed and spiky shield. Then there's also the Belly Drum sets that let him wallbreak like a mofo

Good choices for the low tiers Xiri, I prefer Empoleon in UU as my tank tough.

Fun fact: Solrock can wall freaking Primal Groudon.

Empoleon is a nice tank too - although I like to use it more as an offensive mon to surprise opponents.

Do not try it offensive Empoleon in OU tough, ofensive Empoleon, especially that SubPetaya set that used to make Empoleon the deadliest special sweeper on DPPt is sadly something only can be used effectively on UU anymore. Trust me, I tried... (feeling nostalgia and cursing the overabundance of priority of these days)

Edited by SJMistery

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends. I use teams purely in a competitive light, so naturally an HO team won't be expected to take hits, while a balanced or BO archetype will. (I loathe how stall has become these days.)

I seem to like using Hippowdon. Sand is one of my preferred archetypes, and is easy to build around. Hippowdon is also garguantuan, and with the right spread can eat hits from many powerful threats in OU, especially since it has access to recovery in Slack Off. It also ably supports the team with Stealth Rock and phazing.

Mega Scizor can also act as a bulky offensive stalwart, with greater raw overall bulk than Skarmory, Roost and a slow set-up with Swords Dance.

• 7 months later...

I have to say most surprising for me is assault vest Dragonite. It tanks fairy and ice moves and usually OHKOs/ 2HKOs anything that comes at it

723f1b792e4ffde4ea96240dbea37b2b683462b4

Please tell me you are joking. The main reason Dragonite is so good at tanking is due to having Roost to repair Multiscale and increase his durability to absurd levels. Assault Vest Dragonite must be the worst Dragonite set since... well, since the bulky Evs+Calm nature Agility set that got posted some months ago, but that's besides the point.

Avalugg with investment spdef curse, mirror coat, recover and avalanche/gyro ball. I'm not good at competitive but I think it works. It can take neutral hits from special attackers even with sturdy broken, survive them and respond with mirror coat to take them down instantly.