#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

When Ruby/Saphire came out I bought Ruby so I'm now gonna get the Omega Ruby. Praise the sun!!!

Also: Battle Frontier. That is all. Hopefully the Brains don't cheat like they did in Emerald.

Edited by T-Raz

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just gonna put my planned team here and figure that they all should get mega evos this game around.

Sceptile

Torkoal

Skarmory

Sharpedo

Gallade

Relicanth/Kecleon

+ Kyogre

Think about 'em.

Street pass secret bases, get to battle their current team in their base if you have at least as many badges as they do.

Honestly I'd prefer a normal evolution for Sableye. A mega with prankster would be competing pretty hard for a mega slot but if you give it a normal evolution instead then everyone can run eviolite Sableye. I'd probably differentiate it's evolution from it as well, maybe make it offensive? That way it isn't instantly outclassed by it's pre evo.

Still, mega's seem like all the rage these days so I doubt it'll happen.

- I hope they remove that whole Pokemon Contest / Cookie -thing.

It was boring and useless as hell... except for Feebass evolution - also they needed to at Contest-Stats to all new moves...

- Improved post-game content. (I would kill for a post-game content like Gold/Silver with another region to conquer!)

- More Mega-Evolutions (at least Mega-Sceptile and Mega-Swampert)

- additional Pokemon to catch (the ones from gen 4-6)

That includes the legendaries of course (Regigigas comes to mind...)

Also areas to evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon / Magneton to Magnezone etc. (also make Eevee cathcable again! breeding is so boring xD)

- Like Vinny said: Flannery in 3D :D

- some way to re-challange the Gym Leaders (like the Castle in X/Y)

just so we have a reliable source of huge amounts of EXP-points and money instead of re-challanging the Elite 4... huehuehuehue

- return Character Customization (although I like May as she is)

- all the Wifi / Streetpass things of X/Y

(Wondertrade for Wonderlockes / Use of the Pokebank and Mover)

- all the underground things! I liked my secret bases and the mining (free money!!!^^)

Quoted Post

Addressing each of your points one by one:

- Ironically the first thing I want to see is a more streamlined 3rd person camera angle that isn't at all like Lumiose City whiplash cam, should they make Slateport or Lilycove a monstrous city, or just try to add some neat viewing effects.

Unlikely. The cities will remain identical, going by all other remakes.

- I want to see a return of the Battle Frontier. I never played Emerald, but looking at what it did for competitive battling (which wasn't so much a thing as it is today mind you) was revolutionary and could be expanded on so many fronts. For example, they can leave the Safari Zone in-game be and put the friend safari at the Battle Frontier (Basically, Kiloude City is the Kalos BF)

Not so sure about Friend Safari, but I'd bank on the other stuff being true.

- I want to see Trainer Customization make a return, instead of having to appear as an Ace Trainer or something in competitive battles. Plus, Dress up is fun.

Very likely.

- I want to see more encounters with Wally. This doesn't mean Battles, but I would love to see him have a side story that is actually told on screen.

Very unlikely. If we're lucky, we MIGHT have him as a once per day battle in the post-game.

- I would like the ability to get starters from Generations 2 and 4, like Kalos.

Nothing new here. You could already do that in Emerald.

- I would like to see Secret Bases be incorperated with Streetpass mechanics instead of being able to locate them after your friend tells you where it is, as well as functionality with the PSS.

They'd be crazy not to do this.

- I would like the opportunity to catch either Deoxys or Jirachi in-game, as opposed to both being event Pokemon.

There is no way that this would happen. Be serious. -_-

- I would love to see Swampert and Sceptile get Mega-Evolution love, if that's going to be a thing in Hoenn this time around.

I'd put money on one of them getting it, but only as an event. Or maybe Sceptile for Ruby and Swampert for Saphire? Maybe 'Z' would have the third one.

- I would love some post game story that is unique to this remake only.

Could happen. We had the whole Sevii Islands arc in FR/LG after all, plus all those extra routes and Kyogre/Groudon and Govanni in HG/SS.

- I would love to rebattle trainers and gym leaders using Match Call on the PokeNav.

Again, nothing new here. Emerald already did this.

- I would love to see new Mega Evolutions, mostly for Pokemon that are relavent to the story, such as Camerupt and Sharpedo, or Mightyena, along with Pokemon that are not usually used.

I'd say pretty likely.

- I would love the ability to use field moves such as Rock Climb and Waterfall to explore new areas.

Rock Climb won't be a thing. Waterfall is already used to explore areas.

Also Bibarel-you only JUST found that? When there were hundreds of thousands watching the live stream? =D

Edited by Secundum

I want them to bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier, it was the best one IMO. Also, I'm excited for the music as is mostly everyone. Can't wait for possible character customization..? Just seeing the games I know and love from back when I was 10 is exciting. All I gotta say is, the dream is real.

I bet we don't have to wait till the 15th.

E3 starts Tuesday and Nintendo will have a apecial Nintendo Direct instead of a real Presconference again...

I guess we will see something about AS and OR then :D

Mega Diancie, Sceptile, and Swampert Confirmed!

Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and gains Grass and Dragon Typing!

Mega Swampert has Swift Swim

pmHWee2.jpg

And "De-Evolutions for Groudon and Kyrouge called Prehistoric Groudon and Prehistoric Kyougre

92xzdKh.jpg

Qrzl2ky.jpg

MFrzACg.jpg

AC1DSJg.jpg

>Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile

A lot of fanboys were pleased today. Lightningrod seems some hell of a random ability, but switching in on random Electric moves and taking the boost, anyone?

Mega Swampert with Swift Swim doesn't seem too strange, though. That design though... it looks like it could punch someone through several walls. Lookit those muscular arms.

Oh come on, it's only natural that Mega Blaziken retains the best ability- it's like the poster child of the Hoenn starters. Much to my frustration.

Oh come on, it's only natural that Mega Blaziken retains the best ability- it's like the poster child of the Hoenn starters. Much to my frustration.

Have you ever looked at Torchic? ofcourse it is the poster-child!

200px-Sugimori_255.pnglarge.jpgtorchic6%5B1%5D.gif

Look at it and tell me it is not cute as hell!

It' fluffy, has a giant head, cute eyes, that little beak and tiny feet!

it's a friggin' CHICK!

There is no one on this erath who doesn't find little chicks cute as hell... I mean c'mon!

Torchic is fuckin' cuteness overload! :D

(also Blaziken is a fiery wristed ninja-chicken! there are only a few things that are more awesome)

Trecko would perfectly fit to Fern... it looks like it would consider himself better than anny other... (just like Snivy...)

Mudkip looks like it doesn't care at all...

Yeah but how often do people even bother switching out their mega? So it's unlikely to do anything. The only good thing about the ability is stopping paralysis via electric moves like thunder wave.

People switch out their Megas all the time. Mega Scizor, Mega Venusaur, and Mega Charizard Y are just a few examples. Unless it's a set up sweeper Mega, there is no reason to stay in 100% of the time, and even with those you'd be stupid to set up against something that walls it and can be severely hurt back or even rendered useless by status.The presence of Mega Sceptile alone makes Pokemon like Rotom-W completely useless. So it will have some impact on the metagame. It's hard to say how good it will be without base stats, but we can expect a speed and special attack boost at the very least. However, I feel like Swampert got the worst of it. Swift Swim is practically useless since the weather nerf, and Swampert isn't exactly fast either. So unless they give more Pokemon Drizzle, or tweak weather again, it's a fairly poor ability for a tanky Pokemon to have. That being said, it looks badass and I will still use one. I can't say much on Mega Diancie, and I honestly don't care about it. Moving on. Prehistoric Groudon and Kyogre look interesting. I'm assuming they will act like Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W in terms of formes. What's really crucial is if they get weaker since those formes are a "Devolution" or if they are stronger in those formes. I can see either being the case. Truthfully, I want to lean towards them being weaker. If they are weakened enough, it may be possible for those formes to see use in OU, but I believe it will be very unlikely. Oh well, only time will tell. I'm still on this hype train.

Side note: I really like how Brendan and May look.