Poison Semi-Monotype a la Cain

Etesian

While being bored and at the end of E11, I decided to create another savefile. One which I can use to try a Monotype-challenge as I have seen many of you on the forums have done. However, this is the first time I'm giving myself any extra Challenge/Handycap. And I really like Cain's character, so I'll be copying him.

That means, Poison types + Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott.

Other than that, the typical rules apply. A Pokemon may only be used if it is or becomes a Posion type. Dual types are allowed.

Pokemon used for breeding or item-hunting (Frisk-ers and Thiefes) are also allowed.

I'm about to challenge Julia. So What do you think?

Edited by 13243546

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I did a poison Monotype myself a while before I tell you one thing: get yourself a Venomoth for Aya. This thing can sweep her entire Team. Also a Skuntank for Fern´s Ferrothorn

Ohterwise I wish you good luck.

Good Luck, also the Skuntank Yazmat told you to get will help against Radomus too.

( I'm thinking about doing one too, what type should I go with? )

I believe monotype runs are pointless if you don't to them with the type you love the most, as for the poison guy, i highly recomend a drapion, it'l destroy radomus.

I believe monotype runs are pointless if you don't to them with the type you love the most, as for the poison guy, i highly recomend a drapion, it'l destroy radomus.

True, but I don't have a favorite type, just wanted to see everyone's opinion... Also Dat Drapion Tho. XD

True, but I don't have a favorite type, just wanted to see everyone's opinion... Also Dat Drapion Tho. XD

I'd recommend Water or Grass, though Grass would be tough for Corey, Shelly and Aya.

Also, how would I add sprites like those you can see in other monotype threads?

All you do is view the image in a link by itself and copy the url, then click the image icon (under the text color box ) and paste it there. As for sites I don't know, got mine off of google.

Alright, just beat Julia with this team:

502.gif

Dewott Lv18

Jolly

Shell Armor

Tackle

Water Sport

Water Gun

Razor Shell

434.gif

Stunky Lv15

Timid

Aftermath

Scratch

Screech

Smokescreen

Poison Gas

568.gif

Trubbish Lv12

Naive

Aftermath

Pound

Poison Gas

Toxic Spikes

Acid Spray

023.gif

Ekans 16

Lonely

Intimidate

Wrap

Glare

Poison Sting

Bite

Trubbish poisoned Helioptile, then set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes right before fainting. Ekans then handled Helioptile, Voltorb and half of Emolga's health. Emolga was finished by Dewott. Stunky also completely debuffed Electrode's accuracy and Defense which then switched right before my first attack against it ._. Stunky's Scratching and Aftermath Almost killed Blitzle. Dewott then killed it and the by-toxic-almost-killed Electrode with 2 Razor Shells.

Although Ekans, Stunky and Trubbish fainted, Dewott got out with full health.

Now I'll go friendship-grinding with Budew before I reach Tangrowth.

Edited by 13243546

you search for the sprites of the pokemon (6. gen sprites of all pokemon can be found at the link you find in my signature), copy their url. In the text editor you go to the "image"-button and paste the url there. Voilá

EDIT: Too late, damn. Anyways, if you want sixth gen sprites, go to pokeparaiso

Edited by Calvius

I'd recommend Water or Grass, though Grass would be tough for Corey, Shelly and Aya.

Also forgot, thanks for the recommendation, think I'll go with water.

My favorite types are Ghost and Steel (Please add Honage in the next chapter Ame) but you can't really do a monotype with that combination because of how late you actually get access to pokemon with those types.

Honedge is too strong to add.

You will definitely want to get a SB Venipede also.

502.gif

Dewott Lv23

Jolly

Shell Armor

Tackle

Fury Cutter

Water Gun

Razor Shell

434.gif

Stunky Lv23

Timid

Aftermath

Slash

Screech

Smokescreen

Poison Gas

568.gif

Trubbish Lv23

Naive

Aftermath

Sludge

Poison Gas

Toxic Spikes

Acid Spray

024.gif

Arbok Lv22

Lonely

Intimidate

Screech

Glare

Poison Sting

Crunch

088.gif

Grimer Lv23

Jolly

Poison Touch

Mud Bomb

Minimize

Disable

Sludge

315f.gif

Roselia Lv20

Timid

Natural Cure

Mega Drain

Magical Leaf

Leech Seed

Stun Spore

Ok, Flo-bot was pathetic. Trubbish set up 2 TS layers, then killed Cacnea in 2 Acid Spray uses. I then switched to Grimer who Minimized 3 times, then either used Sludge or healed with Potions (about 6 of 'em). All but Cradily died to it, though Grimer Disabled it's Curse according to plan. After Grimer fainted, Cradily was at 1/3 Health and I sent out Dewott who killed it with 2 Fury Cutters. Laughably easy.

Now, the Poison types I could get are Beedril (meh) and Venonat/Venomoth (yay). So do you think should I switch for Venonat? I'm thinking Arbok, but what're your opinions on this?

Edited by 13243546

Since you said this is a "half Cain game", then what are you going to do in the future?

If you don't get what i mean, then: Cain gets some new stuff for his battle vs Radomus. Including a "non available yet Absol". Are you going to consider his changes too, or only the Oshawott?

Since you said this is a "half Cain game", then what are you going to do in the future?

If you don't get what i mean, then: Cain gets some new stuff for his battle vs Radomus. Including a "non available yet Absol". Are you going to consider his changes too, or only the Oshawott?

Only if I can't get past Radomus after 10 tries. And certainly not before Radomus. I'd like to keep the whole "like Cain" thing going the way he was for 95% of the game and would have stayed if not for Radomus' gym's type. But if I'm hopelessly stuck, I guess I'll catch something.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, our friend the Gator made me pause the challenge for a bit because I didn't want to go too far. I just gotta go through the cave bellow the Grand Staircase and then I can challenge Shelly.

Anways, my current team is:

024.gif

Arbok Lv.30

Intimidate

Lonely

Screech

Glare

Acid

Crunch

048.gif

Venonat Lv.30(almost)

Tinted Lens

Modest

Sleep Powder

Psybeam

Stun Spore

Leech Life

568.gif

Trubbish Lv.26

Aftermath

Naive

Sludge

Poison Gas

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

502.gif

Dewott Lv.32

Shell Armor

Jolly

Razor Shell

Revenge

Fury Cutter

Grass Knot

434.gif

Stunky Lv.27

Aftermath

Timid

Slash

Screech

Smoke Screen

Toxic

088.gif

Grimer Lv.26

Poison Touch

Jolly

Mud Bomb

Minimize

Disable

Sludge Bomb

A team that will se a lot of evolutions before Shade.

I actually benched Roselia for now. There's really not much it can do against Corey, Shelly, the orphanage, Cal...might be permanent

So far, only the Vs.Taka+ZEL fight and of course the Vs.Corey are worth mentioning.

The Vs.Taka+ZEL fight was very short once I got it right. Arbok and Dewott started and ended the fight. Arbok paralysed and Screeched once on Lileep to disable the nasty Confuse Rays and set it up for an easy kill, while Dewott 2-shot Glaceon. Then I let Dewott spam Fury Cutter while Arbok provided Glare and Screech support with an occasional Crunch, so I wiped ZEL out to make it a 2v1 quickly. The weakened Lileep and Tangrowth took one Fury Cutter each(200 base), and just as Chatot switched in, Glare hit it. 2-3 hits from FC and it was gone. Rather easy.

The Corey fight was a little different, not as "gimmicky", more of a real fight. Actually, to replace Roselia, I caught an Arbok next to Corey's gym. I expected Crobat to be tough, so another Intimidate/glare user would be a godsend.

Dewott had some fair trouble against Trubbish and Grimer. it almost died to them, but it killed 'em. Skuntank was actually the greatest challenge of the gym. Grimer's Mud Bomb somehow hardly left a Scratch on it, Minimize hax failed as well and Trubbish was soon to follow. Thankfully, after 1-2 Screech(es), Arbok's Crunch killed it easily enough, though I still had to heal it. Makes me want a Skuntank all the more now.

Croagunk was defeated by Venonat's Psybeam surely enough.

And the Crobat. I was expecting it to be really tough, but it was a pushover, really. I switched in the weaker Arbok I caught just before the fight to Intimidate once, use Glare and Screech until it dies. The main and currently only Arbok of my team then 2-shot it. It's no Skuntank.

I'll have to wait until Byx-land to get some good Poison types, so I'll stick with this team for a while.

Though I will ditch Trubbish after this gym. I'm only keeping it for the T-spikes, which Drapion can learn as well.

I'm also planning on getting an Aron for the team addition of a Nidoqueen with Iron Tail.

Edited by 13243546

You should evolve Stunky before Shelly, Flamethrower wil be a big help against her. You can as soon as you beat Shelly get Corey´s Croagunk and a Skorupi which you can evolve in a Drapion for Shade. As soon as Venonat evolves you should go to the Move Relearner and let it learn Quiver Dance. Sadly because Sleep Powder got nerfed it´s not as easy to set up Quiver Dance and sweep a whole Gym Leader Team with Venomoth but you could consider getting Baton Pass to let other Pokemon of your Team sweep with Quiver Dance Boost.

Edit:

mh after reading this thread I´m considering to do a new Poison monotype after I beat my current although I will wait atleast until Episode 12 or until it´s completed

Edited by Yazmat

You should evolve Stunky before Shelly, Flamethrower wil be a big help against her. You can as soon as you beat Shelly get Corey´s Croagunk and a Skorupi which you can evolve in a Drapion for Shade. As soon as Venonat evolves you should go to the Move Relearner and let it learn Quiver Dance. Sadly because Sleep Powder got nerfed it´s not as easy to set up Quiver Dance and sweep a whole Gym Leader Team with Venomoth but you could consider getting Baton Pass to let other Pokemon of your Team sweep with Quiver Dance Boost.

I plan on doing most of that, though Baton Passing is something I won't do. Most members of the team I plan to have will be using Physical attacks, so Quiver Dance would only really help with Speed, me thinks. And my desired set for Venomoth would be Sleep Powder, Psychic, Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance, maybe Sludge Wave, though I doubt it. Maybe breed for Giga Drain.

What set would you recommend for Toxicroak? I'm thinking of using Bullet Punch, Wake-up Slap, Sucker Punch and Mud Bomb.

Also, Thank you VERY much. I completely forgot about the Railnet Skorupi.

Edited by 13243546