PULSE Pokémon in Episode 12 (Potential Spoiler Alert!)

Foamy

(Do forgive me if this topic has already been addressed, or if talking about it isn't allowed.)

While casually browsing through the Development subforum, I came across this particular topic. A little ways down, one can find lines of code pertaining to multiple Pokémon forms, where it lists "PULSE forms." Amethyst has already voiced her interest in implementing PULSE forms of preexisting Pokémon into future episodes of the game, but this thread gives us more information about what we can expect to see.

Below, in spoiler tags, I've listed the major attributes of the PULSE Pokémon. I don't know in what order the base stats are listed in the code, but I'm assuming it's HP/Attack/Defense/Speed/Special Attack/Special Defense.

PULSE Tangrowth

Type: Grass/Poison

Ability: Filter

Base Stats

---

HP: 100

Attack: 70
Defense: 200

Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 160

Speed: 10

PULSE Muk

Type: Poison
Ability: Protean

Base Stats

---

HP: 105
Attack: 105

Defense: 70

Special Attack: 130

Special Defense: 250

Speed: 40

PULSE Abra

Type: Psychic/Steel

Ability: Magic Guard

Base Stats
---

HP: 25

Attack: 20

Defense: 115

Special Attack: 195

Special Defense: 155

Speed: 140

Assuming that I haven't screwed up in my interpretation of these lines of codes (which is quite likely), how do you think these changes will impact people's playthroughs of Pokémon Reborn? Might they influence the players' decision trees significantly enough to change the way they build their in-game teams? What sorts of checks or countermeasures might exist for players to utilize in their endeavors to overcome these new forms?

Oh man those are some powerful 'mons. Not sure what will be the prescribed counter to it but if that pulse tangrowth is legit, it's gonna cause some headaches.

Edited by Sheep93

If you still have to fight those as a member of a Meteor team that is going to be a huge pain. Taka's Chatot and that Pulse Tanglegrowth is a terrifying prospect. I would assume we'll get access to a decent-good type counter before these fights, although if testing proves that you we don't really need one to (reasonably) win it could just be a difficulty spike.

Will they have enough of an influence to get people to change their teams? Possibly. At the very least it will get people to train up temporary member to counter them.

• Administrators

The Abra is no longer level 100, don't worry

Those are accurate, but I will be tweaking those stats once I get a feel for where those battles are in difficulty now.

Pulse-Muk is already the Poison type, so Pulse-Garbodor wouldn't make sense. perhaps a Pure Steel-type PULSE Pokemon or something like that? after all, i noticed that the Primary Typing of the second PULSE Pokemon was the same as the Secondary of the first one. Pattern much?

Edited by K_H

• Veterans

The Garbodor isn't still attached to the Pulse machine when you fight it. I don't know if it's implied that the effects are permanent or not, but that would explain why it doesn't get a PULSE form.

wait Mr bigglesworth is the cause of the Shit in the Wasteland 0_o wtf i got to go replay this game i am losing it

i hope that roar if it isnt Terra is a pUlsa Tyranitar how cool would that be right &^^

• Veterans

The PULSE Abra in particular is pretty terrifying. The only thing that separates it from Mega Mewtwo Y is its terrible HP stat.

That and it doesnt have acces to hurricane like mewtwo does through event ^^

i don't care about stats or level at all :v, because come to strategy, if this is only one pokemon, we always have a combo moves (that does not rely on lucky or hax) to destroy it no matter what level or stats it has. but i'm really excited to see how you create a pulse pokemon, must be boss- metal looking

If I"m not mistaken you fight PULSE Muk and (the second) PULSE Tanglegrowth are part of another team. More specifically, the latter one is going to be on a team with Taka's Chatot. Hell, even fighting a PULSE Muk after ZEL's team would be annoying. I'm going to have to do a third playthrough once these are implemented.

i hope that roar if it isnt Terra is a pUlsa Tyranitar how cool would that be right &^^

I'm thinking PULSE tyranitar in the...

Tourmaline Desert

Kind of like Mr Bigglesworth and the Byxbysion Wasteland.

Edited by Sheep93

I'd like to see a PULSE Tyranitar or a PULSE Aggron, also it I'd say another pattern would be the previous PULSE pokemon being weak against the one right after, but the Tangrowth being grass/poison ruins it.

( I still think it'd be pretty cool to have a ghost or dark PULSE pokemon ) :lol:

I'm thinking PULSE tyranitar in the...

Tourmaline Desert

Kind of like Mr Bigglesworth and the Byxbysion Wasteland.

I think PULSE Hippowdon would make more sense.

True Maybe PULSE Tyranitar would better fit in a mountain range ( not too familiar with the reborn region just yet ), On a side note Tyranitar would make my pattern make some sense.

Yeah, I did think about that, but PULSE tyranitar is just so much cooler. Wait, I've got it! PULSE mega tyranitar! I mean who doesn't want to fight a level 100 mega tyranitar with PULSE stat ups on top of that?

Make it happen Ame.

• Veterans

Yeah, I did think about that, but PULSE tyranitar is just so much cooler. Wait, I've got it! PULSE mega tyranitar! I mean who doesn't want to fight a level 100 mega tyranitar with PULSE stat ups on top of that?

Make it happen Ame.

Oh now your thinking my way bro ^^ Pulse Mega Evolutions

From what I gathered, the PULSE forms fill the same slot as Mega Evolutions, in that the Pokémon holds a unique item and the PULSE machine reacts to it.

if $game_switches[457]

pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to the PULSE machine!",
@battlers[index].pbThis,
PBItems.getName(@battlers[index].item(true)),
ownername))
else
pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Ring!",
@battlers[index].pbThis,
PBItems.getName(@battlers[index].item(true)),
ownername))
end

if $game_switches[457]

pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} has mutated into {2}!",@battlers[index].pbThis,meganame))
else
pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} has Mega Evolved into {2}!",@battlers[index].pbThis,meganame))

end

So, unless Mega Tyranitar is implemented into the game using a different method, we won't see Mega PULSE Tyranitar.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, because I know very little about this kind of stuff.

Edited by Foamy

From what I gathered, the PULSE forms fill the same slot as Mega Evolutions, in that the Pokémon holds a unique item and the PULSE machine reacts to it.

So, unless Mega Tyranitar is implemented into the game using a different method, we won't see Mega PULSE Tyranitar.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, because I know very little about this kind of stuff.

Aww Foamy... you just had to come along and ruin my dreams of the ultimate tyranitar with things like facts and logic.

From this I can tell two things, one is that you should make an intro topic, and the second is that you should follow the advice of the people responding to your forthcoming intro topic with regards to sanity. ^_^

NAILED IT...I think