temporary pokemon

so i have a few pokemon that i always get every time i start a new game in reborn as temporary team members

i know i wont keep these guys till the end but i still get them

so im just wondering if anyone else has pokemon like these and why do you get them

for me i always get kricketot because kricketune is a beast early game

you can sweep your first two battles with fern and the grass gym with only kricketune

so your thoughts people of the internets?

One of mine is Mr. Mime. I drop him around the time I get to the third or fourth gym, after I evolve a Gardevoir to take up the mantle, but he evolves from Mime Jr. early and his stats are among the highest I could get within the level cap. Trubbish is another one. Toxic Spikes help early on, but later I'm able to get reliable enough Pokemon where I don't need to depend on that strategy. He's a poor battler, anyway, so leveling him is too much of a hassle for me to bother with.

Trubbish is extremely useful for the first two or so Gyms because of Toxic Spikes, but its usefulness diminishes around Corey, as I've said before. I could probably keep it on board until Shelly if I really wanted to, but there'd be little point to do so any later unless I'd bred for some decent moves, at least.

Pachirisu is surprisingly useful, too. Volt Absorb (or Pickup, I suppose), good bulk, and Spark/Nuzzle + Charm combo all make for a handy early option. Again, it tends to get swapped out later on, but hey, it can run laps around Taka's hell-Chatot. That's not too shabby.

Edited by Lost Lore

I found Noctowl to be a great addition to my team in the early game. Early access to STAB uproar and all of that special bulk? Helps out against Florinia's Breloom as well thanks to insomnia.

Other good early game pokemon in my experience are technician-fake out-fury swipes Meowth or fury swipes Teddiursa, both have a lot of hitting power in the early game and while Meowth has more speed, Teddiursa has some nice bulk and late game potential with guts/quick feet and STAB thrash.

I also have to mention Budew. Get that thing evolved by Florinia's gym and it can solo the Cradily if played right. All you need is growth and giga drain.

Edited by Sheep93

• Veterans

I think i had a Scolipede that helped me beat Kiki but i dropped him for a Camerupt after to help me Beat Aya after which i dropped both into the Pc and Got Myself A NidoKing who has Both Ground and Poison Attacks. But now that Scolipede has Speed boost i am regreting dropping him

• Administrators

I think it's pretty cool that people are able to find such clear uses for otherwise throw-away Pokemon like Kricketune and Pachirisu.

That's kind of why I don't like having stronger things in earlier.

Also,

I also have to mention Budew. Get that thing evolved

X7kxQGN.png

I seem to always bring Kriketune however Ekans didn't do half bad until I had to fight sierra. At that time I had to say goodbye to him for a Togekiss with aura sphere. I sort of got attached to that Arbok though. Now Trubbish gets reused in my playthroughs as I try out new members. I miss my snake sometimes. ^_^

Sorry but I'm kind of new here so I don't get the joke. Do you not like roselia or something? 'Cause it's one of my favorites...

She doesn't like budew ^_^ if you want to know why you can watch her nuzlocke on youtube

I think it's pretty cool that people are able to find such clear uses for otherwise throw-away Pokemon like Kricketune and Pachirisu.

That's kind of why I don't like having stronger things in earlier.

Also,

X7kxQGN.png

Can we have a forest where Budew is 100% encounter and all of them hold an Everstone?

Can we have a forest where Budew is 100% encounter and all of them hold an Everstone?

Am I really the only one that likes Budew?

But yeah. I pick up random Pokemon to help. Even Pokemon like Bidoof have helped me before, especially in this game.

What exactly do you mean by 'even'?

• Administrators

Actually Fern picked Roserade as his signature Pokemon when he was a leader online here. That was before I learned what heartbreak was, and how readily a certain seed Pokemon would force it upon me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda of on board with dragoniteborntacos, I do in fact love kricketune for at least the first two gyms. After the first two gyms it does not seem as effective. Also Gallade to fight the poison gym, it's worth the grinding because Gallade with +2 attack OHKOs most of Aya's team.