Godot's Weekly Super Smash Bros Analysis

Godot

Every Weekday we get some kind of new information on the new Super Smash Bros game. This thread isn't another discussion thread, but more of a blog/analysis thread where I strut my ego as I talk about everything in the weekly smash news that catches my interest... starting this week! Somewhat famous people from IGN, Game Xplain, and even shofu do this, and I want to look cool too! So lets start with the picture on Monday!

Monday 3/3

daily-2014-03-03.jpg

The Evil Grannies Kotake and Koume are Confirmed to be flying around the Gerudo Valley stage in the 3DS version of the game. They're apparently up to no good. I assume that these fine Damsels are going to be a stage hazard. There is also a screen shot that I cannot find at this moment where the Bridge is on fire.

Another thing I want to point out is the origin behind these Twin Witches, they are the mothers of Ganondorf! I had no idea who the 2nd character we will see this month will be, but after seeing this we can mayhaps see Ganondorf.

Wait... these ladies are Ganon's mothers? **thinks to much into it and cringes** GODDAMMIT MIYAMOTO!!!

I hope this also hints that Ganon in this game will be based off of his appearance in Ocarina of Time rather than his Twilight Princess version. Melee Ganon> Brawl Ganon, 'Nuff Said

Tuesday 3/4

daily-2014-03-04.jpgdaily-2014-03-04B.jpg

Megaman interacting with the new Redesigned bumber item. Sakurai also mentions that the flippers will not make it into this version of the game. I honestly don't care about Items too much, however I am concerned about Nintendo's decisions on the online aspects of the game.

The reason I say this is because i fully expect some kind of Online Ranked Ladder thingmajig for this game. I hope Sakurai doesn't do what Playstation Allstars did with Online Ranked and make the primary game mode FFA all Items and Stages on. Ew... no... nintendo... stawp... I do however have higher hopes for this game's online capabilities this time round.

Wednesday 3/5

daily-2014-03-05.jpg

This picture is more interesting than we give it credit for, It is King Dedede charging his Down B, the Rocket Hammer! Its context is what makes the picture interesting, Sakurai states that this attack isn't as powerful as Lil' Mac's KO Uppercut, but it is still absurdly powerful! That says something!

One thing I am really curious about is that every aspect of this game seems to be getting a huge offensive upgrade from Brawl! My biggest gripe with brawl is that no one in that game dies... like ever... it makes the game insanely boring for both the player and the spectator. Brawl also makes rushdown and combos impossible. Its good to hear that Sakurai is making this game closer to Melee on an action element than a speed element! I always thought that the speed in Melee was too chaotic!

Last thing to point out in this picture is that Pikachu is doing it's down taunt where it goes PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--*shot*

Thursday 3/6

daily-2014-03-06.jpg

Ok... this picture is crazy interesting! This is all multiple Variations of the same Attack! This is Mac's Side Smash, apparently it has different attributes depending on how you tilt the control stick as you smash! Tiltable Smash Attacks isn't a new thing however, Samus, Sonic, the Mario Bros, and many others had the ability to tilt their side smash. Lil' Mac's is different however, each variation ends in a different result, I also want to point out that every "unflinching" attack Mac has shown in the trailer were either his side Smash or his nuetral Special... lets look into these punches!

You can actually see Mac performing some of these punches in the trailer!

here is the Straight Punch as seen in the Middle.

5gUqYJ9.jpg

You can see that Mac and Bowser threw their punches at the same time...

2TfQpPq.jpg

This move is great for punishing and finishing off your opponent when they are being reckless! If you were wondering how the other two can be used.... well... they are for damage!

p7OrcR4.jpg

here you can see Mac sidestepping Link's Spin Slash and punishing it with the Uppercut Variation performed by Side Smashing diagonally upward!

it always bugged me see that Mac Dashes forward to do this attack. I knew that there was something behind it and that it wasn't an Up Smash!

ZwwGU2W.jpg

Here you can see that this attack will actually launch the opponent at a fixed height. I am Curious however as to how high the characters will fly at fixed Percentages of damage. I also wonder how a character's Height, Weight, and Directional Influence abilities factor into how they are launched... On a side note, Link looks pretty helpless here!

ZccMflc.png

and then Mac finishes Link off with his Up B, doing what looks like quite a bit of damage! Last bit of info... is that there is a 3rd variation to the attack by diagonally tilting down, Sakurai also points out that the "Body Blow" has no Launching Power what-so-ever.... What?

When I hear that I think of Akihiko Senada's Hook in Persona 4 Arena. When you throw out his hook at Max Cyclone levels, it forces your opponent's body to crumple up making them look useless allowing you to follow up with almost any attack you felt like using...

I am pretty sure that this attack will do that exactly! Steve Fox in Tekken also had an attack similar to this, it also oddly enough had lots of armor behind it. I loved using the move to punish certain attacks and wake up specials.... Steve would perform it by doing his Peekaboo stance and pressing diagonally down and Punch.... The Peekaboo stance is a reference to Mike Tyson's Signature Fighting style... Mike Tyson is the final boss in the original Punch Out!! game... OMG HOENN REMAKE CONFIRMED!!!

Friday 3/7

A New Stage!

r5uenQS.jpg

daily-2014-03-07B.jpg

Its Tortimer's Island from Animal Crossing: New Leaf! Apparently every time you fight on this stage the Layout Changes will change up! Sakurai posts that he visited this Location several times to catch bugs! How can he forget about them sharks man? Them sharks are worth a hellotta bells!

Thinking in a Competitve smash mindset, this stage actually reminds me alot of Final Destination. Flat and Simple, with nothing too chaotic going on. It is important to note that there is a considerably sized puddle and an upward slant in the stage. I don't think that will weigh too heavily on the game play.

When were there random ass puddles in the middle of the island? i dug lots of holes in Mael's island, but that never happened...

I MEAN HOW THE FUCK DID ALL THOSE HOLES GET ON MAEL'S ISLAND!?! AND DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT SUSPICIOUS TRAIL OF MONEY LEADING BEHIND THE MAYOR'S OFFICE?!?

i tots didn't have anything to do with that

stop staring at me

Finally, the last thing I want to point out about this stage is that it is not the first we have seen of it, Sakurai had hinted towards it late last year!

Thanks for taking your time to read this and i'll see you guys next week! I am also pretty certain that we may see a new veteran at the end of it, or beginning of the week after. :P

Hint, its one of my mains! why not

r5uenQS.jpg

Edit: FOUND THAT PICTURE OF THE BURNING BRIDGE!!!

giyZtMb.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trail of money leading to pitfall behind the mayor's office is classic. Which is how I didn't fall for it. Btw, i think James is looking to hit up some friendly villages. MMight be frog hunting though.

Still felt like james woods. "Ooh, a piece of candy... ooh piece of candy..."

Hey! I'm Back! and lets start part 2 of this thread... starting with Monday!

Monday 3/10

g7oeIqb.jpg

Oh hey look! its Maelstrom!

This is our First Picture of Trophies on the Wii U, and its Lil' Mac... Kinda....

When I first saw this I thought "where the hell is this from!?!" I did some research and found out that this is from a Japanese exclusive called Captain Rainbow. In the game a Hero named Nick transforms into the super hero, Captain Rainbow. Captain Rainbow helps out "forgotten Nintendo characters" with their personal problems. For example, Little Mac lost all of his motivation and... well... you saw what happened...

This picture also has a hidden meaning. Because after this game released, Punch Out!! received a threequel on the Wii. Another "forgotten character" also received some spotlight after that game released, his name is Takamaru.

ssb4_banner__takamaru_by_pixiy-d68smm9.p

Pic above is fan made!

As the pic says, he is from a game called Nazo no Murasame Jo. The game is about a samurai who fights Ninja Aliens! He slices through them using his Katana and Shurikens. This character is kinda sorta like Japan's equivalent to Little Mac...

The highest requested characters in America were Lil' Mac and Ridley. And the Highest requested newcomes for Japan is Takamaru and Shulk from Xenoblade. I honestly didn't have high hopes of Taka, but after seeing this, his chances skyrocketed a bit. Like Lil' Mac, Takamaru has made several cameos in Japanese exclusive games as of late such as the Dynasty warriors games. So expect this guy being added to the roster eventually!

Tuesday 3/11

rMa1NmN.png

Lumoise City!

I totally kinda sorta called this! I don't think this stage needs much describing as to where it is from. The curious thing is "where do you fight?" Sakurai captioned that "you fight at the top of the tower." This Stage gives me Isle Defino vibes, and that's cool with me! I loved Delfino Plaza! what interests me is how the city is lighten up in certain districts of the city. I believe that the platforms will transport you between the different districts. Lastly, this stage is 3DS exclusive.

Wednesday 3/12

2EcmVJM.jpg

IM ON FIYAAAAAAAH!

Serious note, you may think that this picture is pointless. Din's Fire? How is this New? Why would I want to see this?

Hi HI!

Julia? What are you doing on my thread?

Since I am the resident expert on Booms! SOOOOOOOO I thought I should cover these next two pictures!!!

Just wait a Minute....

You might notice here that the explosion is bigger than normal! ITS LIKE HUUUUUGE!

Thats a good point actually, Sakurai stated that if you line up Zelda's attack just right, the attack will be massive. This didn't happen in previous games. Not only that Zelda was a bit on the weak side in Brawl and Melee. Seeing that the game devs are boosting Zelda's battle ability is welcome to me.

AND FOR NEXT WEEK!!!

Thursday 3/13

EuRu5xK.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU?

Monkey find the boom boom!

I think Julia is trying to tell us about Thursday's picture where the Motion Sensor bomb made a reappearance.

Why is it so Ugly? and Small? couldn't they make it prettier? Maybe they can add some sparkly stuff and make it easier to see?

Honestly, I think it looks a bit meh too. Its also really tiny, which makes it hard to see. I don't know why the devs chose to do this. The design on the bomb also had to change since the original version of the bomb was based off of designs seen in 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Nintendo no longer owns those IPs.

THAT'S RIGHT! And now I take my leave! Thanks for having me Mr.Godot!

I never invited you in the first place >< whatever... on to Friday...

Friday 3/14

XapPGZd.png

This ain't Yoshi...

Apparently the New Yoshi game is only out in the US right now and the Japanese release is sometime in the summer...and the Kid Icarus anniversary is this month.... but today we get this picture....

This Picure is a stage based off of the Tomadachi Collection. The game is essentially the Sims with your Miis... wait... is this another Mii centered stage? This makes 3...

this stage looks... small... I honestly don't even know if it is even a stage...

But ya, that concludes this week, see you next time!

Why is the bomb so hard to see? The easier to kill you with, my dear. The size should make it easier to forget where this bad boy got put down, making careless foes pay. IIt was just a tad too obvious where it was in the past couple of games.

Its that Time again... but first... a few things I wish to catch up on!

V8ZCtpt.png

A few things I want to point out in some of the recently announced stages. First is Tortermer Island from Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

For starters, the general census from smashboards and youtube say that the puddle doesn't look that deep. A lot of people also believe that at night, the trees might carry beetles. People also pointed out that the conch shell on the left side of the island looks like it is on the playing field and might be used as a weapon.

TTokK81.png

A lot of people also believe that the tree with the yellow fruit might be destructible, as seen on the left. It might be usable as a platform, there is also fruit hanging from the tree. You might be able to knock the fruit down and consume it to recover health.

One last thing I was concerned about when I first saw the stage. I was curious about how easy it would be to KO my opponent. I was worried that my opponents would be able to simply just swim back to the stage. This concern left me as soon as I recalled visiting this island with Maelstrom. These waters are infested with sharks and jellyfish yo! Good luck getting back on stage!

Next is this stage...

0hbHazE.png

Prism Tower from Pokemon X and Y.

I believe that this stage will play like a mix between Isle Delfino and Pokemon Stadium.

sKTamVh.png

In this close up you can see that there is some pretty large gaps between each of the districts.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Get out of here Terra! I already had a leader take over my thread! Anyways...

I believe that platforms will carry the players from district to district and eventually end up on the top of the tower. This is just a theory, but I believe each district will house a parade of pokemon of sorts, similar to pokemon stadium. There are 5 different districts, unfortunately we can only see 4... they look White, Pink, Purple, and Sky Blue. I think they will be Normal, Fairy, Poison, and Dragon...

Can someone tell me what the other district is colored? Also what types do you think the different districts will be? Remember, Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Flying, Ice, and Rock has already been done, So it cannot be any of those types.

Next up...

VsmLqgV.png

This stage is from a Japanese exclusive that may be coming statewide soon. This game is called Tomadachi Collection: New Life.

This game takes place inside an apartment complex where all of your Miis and your friend's Miis live in. This stage might be like Luigi's Mansion. There is also a theory that this might not be a Tomadachi stage, but a Mii stage. This might be a Mii Plaza stage. And actually, It might transform into different games. For example...

0OJPclU.png

This is the final boss from Find Mii... this may be part of the stage... However.. I disagree. in this picture the Wii Fit Trainer looks like she is cowering in fear. So it might be a scene from a boss fight!

Now on to the actual Pictures of this week!

Monday 3/17

5XF11c1.jpg

Our first... er 2nd Image of the Smashball! Sakurai also stated that he has not yet shown us any final smashes... he has in trailer form... but maybe we will see some more footage soon. I don't really have anything to say besides that we now have confirmation of the item.

Tuesday 3/18

D4vqU1r.png

Oh Great... its this stage again...

Actully there is more than one Pic of the day this day. It actually tells us how this stage will work! First off is a simple side scrolling section ie. Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl...

1wgTtdI.png

Then it will board you on some platforms and fly you through a valley... it looks like the platforms will teeter when they hits the walls of the canyon. Just like the blue one on the left.

561DEbH.png

Then it will side scroll again...

efZVbXi.png

Then you will board some more platforms and follow a track that will eventually lead you into the warp pipe at the end of the stage. The warp pipe will somehow take you back to the beginning of the stage and everything will repeat. This Stage takes around 2 minutes to cycle through. Here is a fun video that pieces every picture of this stage into chronological order...

Wednesday 3/19

4s9btlz.jpg

Its Rosalina passed out after having the shit beaten out of her... no really... apparently the game developers thought they were too generous yesterday giving us 4 pictures... so they gave this picture that literally isn't anything.... next...

Thursday 3/20

fdpzKrq.jpg

In this picture you can see DIddy overcharging his neutral special and the explosion dealing damage to Bowser... Sakurai says that this new function is incredibly powerful and to do it when you break an opponent's shield. Shield breaking seems easier in this game and I am curious about how they toned down Diddy. Diddy was insanely good in Brawl, but they might have gave him this attack due to the fact that he lacked good Kill power. To be honest... Bowser doesn't look like he is in too much pain... but anyways...

Friday 3/21

2efI320.png

A new Assist trophy?

Prosphora from Kid Icarus Uprising! She is apparently a Lighting based character... so expect some Pikachu/Dedene Shenanigans...

2 things catch my interest with this picture...

1. Apparently in Japan, this character's name is simular to Palutena's. Maybe another hint towards Palutena?

2. Where is this? I have no idea what stage she is in...

Edit: actually... this might just be a Trophy... way to troll sakurai

Yay for this week! Sakurai had shown us a lot of new information. This week also doesn't have too much room for rabid fanboy speculation, so lets begin.

Monday 3/24

Mar-24-2014.jpg

Looks like Toon Link is Chicken out the new Item! Puns aside its the Cucco from the Legend of Zelda series! In the picture's caption Sakurai warns the viewer to never strike a cucco... I wonder why... brb...

WELL THEN!!! On to the next picture...........

Tuesday 3/25

Mar-25-2014.jpg

This is a side-by-side comparison of the 3DS version of the game with and without the thick outlines. I personally will probably be playing WITH the outlines due to the fact that the 3DS screen is so tiny and it will be easy to lose track of my character with all the crazy shit that will be happening on screen. This is also the first time Sakurai has shown us the player markers!

Next up is...

Wednesday 3/26

Mar-26-2014.jpg

THE SWORD OF SAURON!!! THE SWAUROD!!!

Seriousness aside, this is the Ore Club from Kid Icarus: Uprising, It supposedly throws tornadoes, which is oddly similar to Dante's Scythe from DmC in Playstation Allstars. Its pretty easy to assume that this weapon will work like the Star Rod from previous games. I can see myself launching people into the air with a tornado and then finishing off my opponents by tossing the club at my opponent XD

Details and reading too much into the picture HOOOOO!

#Bordlands Referance

1. I love how Sakurai positioned the camera perfectly so that he would have the Eye of Obvious References staring straight at the viewer! why not

2. Sanic... is that seriously how you hold a two-handed weapon? With your palm? Are Fingers for scrubs? W/e...

3. Oh look! The Kid Icarus stage called the Temple of Light. I don't think Sakurai officially confirmed this stage yet. Funny that he is using it :P Is this a hint towards Palutena being the next character revealed in April's Nintendo Direct?

4. Next Photo!

Thursday 3/27

Mar-27-2014.jpg

UNCLE ANDROOOOOOOOOOOSS!

This is literally the first picture of anything Star Fox related. Or for you lame not American people "Lylat Wars." This screen shot does not show Andross attacking the players, but it is safe to assume that he will probably do the same thing he did last game. I must also point out the quality Wii U HD graphics being put to the test!!! How does the hardware handle it!?! And the last picture of the week...

Friday 3/28

b6NLzoa.png

Another picture of Lumoise City from X and Y! This one is interesting because it is during the Day, the previous picture was taken at night. I am curious if the stage will change real time. You can also see the fighters standing on the ground with no platforms in site. I am thinking that maybe this is a "alternate version" of the same stage. There is a lot of hints pointing toward that this entry in the franchise will have different versions of the same stage. Like Hazard and Hazard-free versions or "Day and Night" variations.

I'm still on the fence with the outlines for the 3ds version myself. I have an XL, so I'll be a bit better off than those without, but I guess ultimately I'll decide which I like better when it comes out.

I also don't really have any intention of buying a Wii U just for this, as much as I want to, so I'll just hope the 3ds version is good enough and doesn't drive me insane.

oh hey More news on friday's picture...

The stage is called Prism Tower, The stage revolves around... the tower.

b6NLzoa.png

You start on the ground in the middle of the day!

As time goes on, a platform will raise you into the air.

9HPkjdm.png

And eventually you will be given more platforms to fight on as the fight goes on

2fKANrK.png

You can also see the sun setting in the background. So THAT shuts my day and night theory of this stage!

Lady's and Smash Brethren, We are back with the first week of April... first is the last picture of March!

Monday 3/31

Yobq64J.png

Luigi's New Final Smash kinda sucks! DK doesn't stand a Ghost of a Chance!

Shade: ...

Luigi's Poltergeist 5000, I almost said 3000, but that is Luigi's Mansion. This variation to the Poltergeist is from Luigi's Manson: Dark Moon. I don't know what to add about this picture other than the fact that this should have been Nintendo's first choice for a Final smash for Luigi, not Negative Zone or ZA WARUDO!!!!

Tuesday 4/1

Mrj0CN7.jpg

For April Fool's Day Sakurai posted a picture of a "Custom Stage" and tried to convince us that it is a legit stage... riiiiiiiight.... he actually fooled a lot of people XD

Stage Builder confirmed, it looks like it has some interesting new elements to get creative with.

Wednesday 4/2

3POwTWZ.jpg

First we get something that Sucks... now we get something that blows...

This item is from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, it is called the Gust Bellows. This Item was used to blow away dust and sand in one of the Desert dungeons in the game. This weapon looks like Mario's FLUDD or Squirtle's Water Gun on steroids. My biggest nitpick with the item is that Tink is holding it wrong... You hold this item below your arm... AND HIS HAND ISN'T EVEN ON IT... Next gen of Nintendo Console gaming at it's finest! :/

Thursday 4/3

sxU0CmB.jpg

ULTRA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!1!!?!

Ok... THIS IS WHAT I CALL A PIC OF THE DAY! Its Nyu!

This picture is awesome because it shows and confirms three big things...

1. Pikachu is performing a combo on Bowser! In scene 1, Pikachu is performing it's up throw. In scene 2, Pikachu Uses Thunder! Scene 3, Bowser meteors back to the Shining Mouse! Scene 4 Pikachu side Tilts Bowser off of the screen! Its Super Effective!!!

2. In scene 2 and 3, Bowser is being "Meteor'ed." Meteor is a term used in smash to describe a spike or ground bounce attack. Normally this attack launches the opponent away from Pikachu. The attack was also spammed for cheapness and getting easy kills at the top of the map. This tweak is both a buff and a nerf so to speak. Thunder is now less spammable, but on the plus side, it has a some new utility! It can be used to perform combos and to Edge Guard! This somewhat pushes my point about how the devs are trying to push offense more in this game!

3. Last Thing Sakurai mentions in this picture is that Bowser can Avoid this attack mid-Combo. I am assuming that Sakurai is talking about Scene 1. In scene 1 Bowser has the chance to use his Directional Influence (or DI) to get away from Pikachu's Thunder! However, once Pikachu catches Bowser with his Thunder, it can combo Bowser for what looks like 40-50% damage! I am curious what kind of changes are being made to the rest of the roster! earlier this year, Sakurai confirmed that Rapid Hit Combos will have a new, flashier, and less cheap animation and effect! which is hella cool in my book!

Friday 4/4

daily.jpg

A new Assist Trophy! Isabelle!

She might be replacing that sims guy that was in the previous game... what is interesting about this picture is the caption!

Isabelle is happy to tell us about the New Nintendo Direct this Wednesday that is "All about Smash"

Expect me to cover this Direct cover to cover asap!

picture upload fail x 5.

And I really must have missed every picture they posted this week. Except for one with the vase that blows wind.

And by sims guy, do you mean that random trophy that sprouts buildings on the stage?

Lay, the guy with the green ass on his head, he was from Sim City on the snes. I think that because in AC:new leaf she assisted you in projects that involved building and upgrading your town with things like water fountains and lamp poles

Wait, she actually says "Hello smashers! Let me help you with some our fresh picked fruit from our town! Oh ya! There is also a smash direct 8/8 :D"

Smash Direct Analysis Part 1

WE GOT AN EPIC SMASH DIRECT!!!

First off, the 3DS version of the game releases in Summer, and the Wii U version releases in Winter.

The 3DS version will "mostly" run at 60 FPS. This is really good, especially for the 3DS.

We also got a look at the games current roster of Stages

3DS Stages

P7hU2AS.jpg

MkmVUlv.jpg

Kid Icarus: Uprising

xyun6FI.png

Super Mario 3D Land

DhTDdIm.jpg

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

5PRnfjZ.png

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

9rGA6vW.png

First Image of the Ice Witch doing something.

eAsF6ag.png

Fire Emblem: Awakening

iavUPxP.png

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

l7s7bl9.png

Nintendogs and Cats

4skSe4f.png

Pokemon X and Y

Q4D4JsV.png

Mario Kart 7

VpN4HEV.png

Find Mii 2

PwbQqFe.png

Balloon Fight

oIY9TdU.png

Donkey Kong Country

Wii U Stages

276197x.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy 2

7qnDJLT.jpg

Metroid Other M

8Vwyxc7.jpg

Animal Crossing: City Folk

JXP36CA.jpg

Punch Out!!

0CgYava.jpg

Pilot Wings

Pilot Wings Resort

In this scene you can see Fox and Pit jumping from Plane to Plane

EqhJA5m.jpg

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

QQFedXa.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog: Lost World

K3E4eQT.jpg

Pikmin 3

mGMoWHX.png

Wii Fit U

JE02siw.jpg

Kid Icarus

xUGZhhS.jpg

That is a familiar scene!

sfEaFnV.jpg

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

2IfDX4l.jpg

Dr Wily's Castle

Megaman 2

in this picture you can see one of the platforms tilting, just like how they do in their original game.

apj1oBt.png

OIG2FxM.jpg

my job is done for this stage XD

LQ4IZ07.jpg

Here is Ridley on the Pyrosphere being lame and Deconfrimed :(

You could also count the monster in Find Mii a boss character too.

Most Stages will also have a "Final Destination" variation vs. a "No Stage Hazard" Mode

v6xhAx5.jpg

yCPM7UX.jpg

mCgHH87.png

Thats all I got right now... but wait for part 2. This direct has lots of info to cover.

Part 2, Character Changes

Before I start, Sakurai missed an assist trophy

M1b23Ah.png

This is a bit difficult to see, but it is Samurai Goro from F-Zero.

First off...

Donkey Kong

n4eMhAy.jpg

Donkey Kong performing his Roll attack, much like how he does in Project M. Will it have simular properties as it does in P:M?

Bowser

kWYpxhL.png

Bowser's 1-2 Jab or A-A is now a Claw into Straight punch, rather than a double Claw attack! It appears to have more Oomph!

49nKXMx.png

Bowser's Back Air is also this cool looking Drop Kick thing, it looks faster and more effective than his former Back shell stab thing he used to do!

Samus

gsE7sHO.jpg

Samus's no longer transforms when she uses her final smash. Actually no one can switch characters mid battle anymore.

WuSOpbw.png

Zero Suit Samus is now her own character. She now has some Sexy new High Heels to strengthen her attacks! Now trust me, these boots aren't just meant for walking! She seems more like Cammy from Street Fighter, vs her Ivy from Soul Calibur fight style from before. Throughout the entire direct, I did not see her use her plasma whip once. Speaking of which...

GQCD9z3.png

Her new Up Special or Up-B is this "Cannon Spike" or Air Kick thing. It looks like both a powerful recovery and...

V6vAQcG.png

... Combo finisher! This animation happens when you land the "cannon spike" on an airborne opponent!

mwo3FkI.png

This looks like Zero Suit's new Forward Smash attack, It is a double kick, simular to Shiek's.

EZQjru1.png

There is her Plasma Whip!

Mg7ZgDl.png

Samus's Whip turning into her gun, Might be her Nuetral Special or B move!

Her Whip might be mapped to Up Smash or Side B only now.

o3BNw0L.jpg

HAWT!

0Sb3qZR.png

Okay... I am going to stop there...

Link

70tqL5P.png

Link's new Running Attack is now his Lunge he has in most of his 3D games

Zelda

H2mp1iF.jpg

Her new Down Special or Down-B is confirmed for the Phantom Knight! The Knight will perform a double slash attack! It also looks really damn useful!

TvOPLFW.jpg

It also can be used to "take a hit" for the Queen of Hyrule!

RyKI9Bv.png

Much Like Zero Suit Samus, Shiek is also her own character now!

0qCpOkR.png

Shiek's rapid hit attack from Mashing A will now end in this "finishing attack" much like Lil' Mac's Uppercut and Fox's Bruce Lee kick!

Id7EqDX.png

Shiek's Side Special or Side-B is now a Stringed Bomb! Shiek can pull the pin out when the moment is just right!

AeOvwtF.png

Shiek's new Down Special or Down-B is The Bouncing Fish. This is a Flip Kick that sends both Shiek and the opponent...

Jtwp8d7.png

... Flying away from eachother!

Kirby

gs7dYj1.png

Kirby's New Side B is now simular to King Dedede's down B! charge it too much and feel the pain!

XEETuhw.png

Kirby will now Finish his Rapid Fire attack from Mashing A with a Haymaker-to-Uppercut attack!

CPTZPdR.png

Kirby also has a new Final Smash! The Ultra Sword!

King Dedede

oqGCHoA.png

DDD now throws Gordos instead of Waddledees now.

OuhiE7G.jpg

Be careful not to spam the move too much, because the can be reflected back at DDD with simple attacks!

Lucario

kF0sU6g.jpg

When Lucario's Aura reaches it's maximum potential, He will Megaevolve!

fT5Tnbp.png

His Up Special, Extreme Speed now is a legit attack! Here is a picture of him using it on Samus!

Olimar

2uHPT8Q.jpg

It is confirmed that Olimar can only carry 3 Pikmin now. The Pikmin are also plucked in a certain order now. That order is Red, Blue, Yellow, White, and finally Purple. This helps Oli set up alot quicker. I personally prefer Blue, Yellow, and Purple Pikmin!

JeStjtr.jpg

UcUTzQa.png

Olimar will have a more difficult time recovering if he has multiple Pikmin...

Pit

SCXwdSx.png

Pit can no longer Glide nor Fly. He instead has this new Up Special where he Dashes through the air! I am curious how he can use this move.

Can It also be used to pursue or finish off combo attacks? How about perform a Pseudo Wavedash?

3wi56nO.png

Pit also has a new Side Tile or Side-A, Looks more visually impressive than before, not more powerful...

jq9r6rK.png

Pit's New Final Smash is the Three Sacred Treasures! He fills the Screen with Light and some epic Arrow Flinging combinations!

Yoshi

NKXI1Dd.png

About

Damn

Time!

VUDlAmv.png

Yoshi is really colorful this time round! He also stands up straight, much like the new Bowser. His moveset appears to be the same though, he seems to be faster and harder hitting than before.

We do have some cool pics of Yoshi in some interesting situations I do not know how to Explain though...

azUY5E6.png

Looks like Diddy still have up to two bananas. But why is one of his bananas on Yoshi's face?

MdZLiRH.png

Is he eating a Pikmin? What else can he eat in this game? :o

K1LlMSw.png

I TOLD YOU THERE WERE SHARKS IN THE WATERS OF THE ISLAND!!! I TOLD YOU!!!

Charizard

MAbYPip.png

Look who else has come alone!

jvpPiYB.png

I WANNA RIDE TOO!!!

spOuveX.png

YOU MONSTER!?!

iZWhhGX.png

Nyu-Sama! This is so Sudden!

drc1TDw.png

Shamelessly taking Ideas from Project M. This is Charizard's new Forward AIr! It works amazingly in Project M, it should work well in Sm4sh!

uAS5BEm.jpg

Also taken from Project M, This is the Flare Blitz attack, It is also a really good move if used right! Might replace Charizard's down B!

cLdlzYm.png

Mega Charizard X! I am not sure whether this is a final smash or if he turns into this Naturally like how Lucario does. Nethertheless, It looks freaking sick!

I think it is time I cover everyone's favorite Goverment Spy Toad/Yakuza Frog, Greninja...

zYQ09zm.png

fhqWE2Y.png

Look at that epic artwork by Ken Sugaromi!

I am going over how this character will play and what his moveset will potentially be. Greninja is the Water Starter of gen 6 who is based off of the poison dart frog, with some influence from Government Spies, Japanese Gangs, and of course, Ninjas! In fighting games you have 3 arctypes; Speed, Power, and Range. Greninja is 80% Speed and 20% Range, he fights with Mix-Up Teleports and basic zoning with his Water Shurikens. Lets talk about how he actually looks in game and not on paper...

FjKmKAh.png

I do really like Greninja's neutral stance, it is very true to the source material!

UozNSLo.jpg

Here is the Gninja's Rapid Fire A or Neutral A attack. It slashes the opponent up with Water blades and finishes them off with a quick slash finisher.

o6HXAQY.jpg

I am assuming that is his Side Tilt, or Soft Side A.

This is a basic side kick.

YvXh1LX.png

L2XVXL7.png

E1gxl1o.jpg

Greninja's Side Smash or Hard Forward!

It pulls out a water sword and slices up the opponent in a quick strike. This doesn't look like it has much kill potential, but it IS fast!

MnO870Q.png

SJeTsHy.png

Greninja's up Tilt or soft Up-A!

This attack is pretty unique, Gninja hits the opponent with his tongue scarf, the opponent is then juggled with a fixed height! This allows Gninja to follow up with a short combo! Though, the opponent might be able to control what direction they bounce in...

kVv61jt.png

Greninja's Up Smash or Strong Up-A is this dual blade water sword! It looks hella cool, but looks like it has a very fixed range. In this Scene, Gninja is using the attack to punish a mistake Fox has made. I can also see Gninja using this attack to assassinate people from underneath platforms... like a true ninja!

kEZHNxT.png

Next is this very "Scorpion/Sub-Zero"-ish slide. Not sure if this is a down tilt or a down smash. I think it might be a tilt, and a damn good move to have... if it is a smash... this move... might be hella good >>

I lost the picture of Greninja's running attack, but it is a simple two open palm strike. Looks simple and straight forward with nothing special surrounding it

t1bydYL.jpg

This picture is of Greninja's Grab. He traps them in a whirlpool and inflicts pain on the opponent by pressing A.

rwBKmoo.jpg

His Up Throw looks like a simple toss! At lower percentages, Gninja can jump in the air and pursue his foes!

m5thPIf.jpg

I believe that this is Greninja's Forward Air. It is a quick, painful looking water sword attack! Looks great for catching airborne opponents. I get the feeling that Greninja will shine in combat the most when it is airborne!

EkLaqoi.png

This is Greninja's Down Air! It looks like a quick divekick or.. stomp... downward hitting foes below it! When the Opponent is on the ground, it will Pop them and Greninja up at a fixed height, allowing Gninja to pursue his victim with a follow up attack!

PS: I love the lighting on this stage, look at Greninja's Shadows!!!

2zoK8P7.png

Greninja's Back Air is a rapid strike kick combination! I am not sure how much good this attack will do for the toad. I personally prefer a good hard Back Air, like majority of the roster has...

wbTROk8.png

Next is Greninja's Neutral special or B, his signature Water Shurikens! Uncharged it is great for poking your foe and keeping them at a distance! You will want to keep your distance as much as possible when Fighting characters like Bowser, Donkey Kong, or Charizard!

Side Note: If Kirby eats you, he will get this attack...

k3S1tQm.jpg

You can also charge the Water Shurikens to have some some Naruto type of effects. Take note of where Bowser is standing at this given moment as he is Back Throwing Megaman...

cF8a7ah.jpg

Bowser is hit... and keeps get hit over and over and over... and over....

R1qbYQi.jpg

The attack actually keeps Bowser busy for quite a long time, the shuriken eventually evaporated when it hit the ring ropes.

While the shuriken and the rope bouncing was keeping Bowser busy, Gninja had the opportunity to jump up into the air and start harassing Megaman with more shurikens! This terrifies me since I will most likely be playing this game competitively, and the very thought of the options Greninja has with this move is... **cringes**

NtbUf6D.png

In this picture, The Wii Fit Trainer is using his Neutral special on Greninja. Greninja skillfully dodges it with his Side Special!

euASeN1.png

Greninja disappears in a cloud of Vapor and reappears behind the opponent kicking them away from him! This attack looks insanely powerful! However... how easy will it be to land? it looks like it might either have a tracking system or a fixed length...

bxK2EZA.jpg

Greninja's Down Special is a counter attack! It leaves a Substitute doll behind when he gets hit! Greninja will then follow up with a counter attack!

QoQkdFz.jpg

I SAID GRENINJA WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A COUNTER ATTACK!!!

Eventually?

dOMlr0R.jpg

JFDALJFDKLAJKL;DFJAKLF

FINALLY!!!

I am sorry people... Don't trust this move... It kinda sucks...

The counter leaves Gninja vulnerable and easy to get countered himself.... just look at all of the freedom Mario has since Greninja got stroke....

1LJE1AJ.png

Greninja's Up Special or Recovery looks like Aqua Jet! Greninja propels itself throughout the air using aqua jets, simular to Pikachu's Quick Attack Recovery! I wonder if this can be used as an attack, or a psuedo wave dash!

egicuHw.png

zbZpoPd.png

Some fun little Water Ninja Frog taunt things...

qxRX4bS.png

Last up is Greninja's Final Smash! I get some hard core Chip Zanuff vibes from it, which is ironic, that is what I named my Greninja in game XD

It looks like a Cinematic finisher, simular to Captain Falcon's in Brawl. So you have to land a single attack and get an Instant KO!

And yes, this is a Final Smash, Greninja is glowing orange in this Scene.

And thats everything shown for Greninja, I might finish up and complete the rest of the Newcomers next time!