Godot's Weekly Super Smash Bros Analysis

Godot

Taking a break from Mario Kart 8 to update you guys on some screenshots

Monday 5/26

2edleye.jpg

When respawning a light will flash underneat the platforms telling you how long you have until you are dropped on the stage. Sure you can drop at anytime, but sometimes you want to take your time before you jump back into the fray!

Tuesday 5/27

jJr89pN.png

A new item from Pilotwings 64 called the rocket pack. It allows you to boost jump by... well... jumping.

It is designed to help characters like Ike and Lil' Mac who have shit recoveries get back to the stage!

Wednesday 5/28

lZvXA2J.jpg

When your character is suffering from a lot of damage, they will have a "steamy" effect coming from their body. This is a subtle touche that doesn't really do much for me.

Thursday 5/29

rLXx6Ze.jpg

Ike performing hs "Eruption" attack, and the fire is still not blue!

Friday 5/30

QwRdhbL.png

This is the bottom screen on the 3DS the name of the player well also appear on this screen.

4yBGok4.png

If you tap the screen an aiming ridicule will appear above the character that you tapped. It will help you find out where a character is at if you get lost.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

>Ike's fire still isn't blue
MAN HE'S NOT THE HERO OF THE BLUE FLAMES FOR NOTHING, NINTENDO >:C

The Rocket Pack looks cool but how long does it last?

Time to put up the Pic of the days before e3... sooo lets start!

Monday 6/2

kdjaXzy.jpg

We have a new stage called New Mushroom Kingdom U from New Super Mario Bros U. It looks pretty basic and simple with one difference! Kamek will fly in randomly and cast a spell changing the stage entirely based off of a different level from the original Wii U title...

XEqZsVf.jpg

Dat awkward animation on the 2nd Water Sprout! Two things to note about this screen!

1. There is a Hazard on the Right.

2. Sonic's new Idle animation screams Nostalgia!

Tuesday 6/3

zF9XFyL.png

All Stages will have their own Trophy. This particular stage is Tortimer's Island from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Wednesday 6/4

NATB8N1.jpg

She Fit Trainer throwing the New Item, the Boomerang from Mario Kart 8/Super Mario 3D World, at the He Fit Trainer... Ok cool I guess

Thursday 6/5

2gHJ3Mv.jpg

Grab a Cup of Joe at Brewster's while your favorite Nintendo Characters do unspeakable things to each other that will make Nintendo Investors cry! why not

Friday 6/6

ByjVrEo.jpg

A Close up of Pretty boys Ike and Marth... nothing special to see here... Its not like they are standing in a cool new stage or anything...

ou6eO4y.jpg

Okay, maybe they are! This is the Coliseum from various Fire Emblem Titles! And Holy Crap this stage looks pretty! Look at the arena walls and Dragon statues! Mael and I will love fighting here! Sakurai also stated that there is mechanical devices on the bottom of the floor that will raise platforms. Hope it keeps simple, because this stage looks gorgeous!

Couple Details I failed to mention...

1. The Boomerang gets more powerful the more it is thrown. It is also easy to catch.

2. The Coliseum is based off of the Original Fire Emblem on the Famicon. The design of the stage is based off of the Shadow Dragon Redesign.

Here Comes a New Challenger!

Palutena!

main.png

illust.jpg

She is a character a ton of people expected to see, so this was no Surprise! I am going to try and predict her move set much like how I tried to do Greninja, so lets get started... Time for some... Divine Intervention!

43g44vf.jpg

When Palutena Mashes A, she does this Spark thingy at the end of her staff, it has a "rapid hit" animation, She finishes off the animation with a simple swipe of her staff!

47SGQDB.jpg

Her Forward Tilt is a simple Baton Whirl that looks like it hits multiple times! It also looks like it leaves her vulnerable from behind... this looks familiar...

HIYAYAYAYAYAYA

pLLjQm6.jpg

Palutena's Forward Smash Smites her opponent with her goddess wings. Whatever an Angel can do, a Goddess can do better!

AdnSXwg.jpg

This Massive light attack I think is her Up Tilt! It has a great launching effect!

PTRNhN0.jpg

For her Up Smash, Palutena does this Dual Goddess Wing Slap thing, Simular to Shiek and Greninja's up Smash.

This is where things get interesting... I am predicting that she has a unique attack mapped to her B or taunts... or something... that changes the attributes to her special moves or Smash attacks... Check it out I am predicting that this is a fully buffed up upsmash!

[

y7cdVSw.jpg

Here she exclaims Heavenly Light, and destroys everything above her with... Light!

cJwR3UT.png

Here she Says "Celestial Fire Works!" Might be a charged tilt!

F2lubQf.png

Here is a Runnning attack where Palutena bashes the She Fit Trainer with her shield!

S3ZV8KK.png

She does a simular attack here and says, SUPER SPEED!

She also does a simular thing where she says "Light Weight!" and outruns the Blue Blur, Sonic the Hedgehog!

O4vXFjT.jpg

This looks like her Neutral Air attack, Looks pretty good and has a decent Hitbox!

VLfLgRl.jpg

Here is her Grab animation...

4TKcCDa.jpg

and her Back Throw!

... TERRA!!!

Don't you dare tilt the camera angle!

OBBY!!!

LooRub6.jpg

One of her Special moves, Explosive Flame!

CKJloGh.jpg

This is an alternate varient called "Auto Reticule"

4Pza8oq.jpg

This one is called Warp! I think it is a side step special...

8esCpIv.jpg

Reminds me of Mewtwo a bit...

W9sNBQb.jpg

This is one of her Down Specials Reflect, It seems slow, but effective.

ExqINqn.png

This alternate version of the move is a parry...

kVQsscg.jpg

And Counter!

6uTFBRd.jpg

This is a Side B looking move, Similar to Pikachu's Skullbash and Luigi's Green Missile. This move is called, Angelic Missile.

Ywf0K2s.jpg

On the ground her up B is Rocket Jump!

UsjOgHq.png

In the Air it becomes Jump Glide!

Lastly is her final Smash...

yLEJSwj.png

She starts off with a Black Hole, pulling everyone in...

44C1pAi.jpg

and finishes them with the MEGA LAZER!!!!

GG

We might see more of Palutena later in the day when Sakurai does his Q and A!

One last thing... we also got a new stage reveal today!

7coAmAm.png

A new stage based off of New Super Mario Bros. 2! Notice on the top left that there is a coin counter on this side scrolling stage!

YzIKp9w.png

Collect 100 Gold coins and turn golden! It gives you a boost in Speed and Attack power! What? that's OP? What if I told you that it granted you armor on all of your attacks? No really... there is...

Anyone play Custom Robo Arena on the DS?

Anyone play Custom Robo Arena on the DS?

Oh, oh, me! I did!

Palutena's got a lot of moves going around, so I would imagine she might be a bit more difficult to control or perfect, depending on how they're all actually implemented.

But to be honest, I'm rather more excited about the Mii character than Palutena.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

Pac-Man!

illust.jpgmain.png

He is back and looking gr8!

4gFmjGM.jpg

Pac's Neutral combo consists of a 1-2 Jab into a flip kick that launches the opponent slightly

screen-9.jpg

His forward tilt is a simple side kick

cDto6QV.png

His Side Smash and running attack turns him into his old school self!

9hhd29g.png

He can also somehow trace a line of Pallets to follow! waka waka waka

HJrnXvR.png

His down smash call out some old friends foes!

4hyPHjF.png

AwRLfy7.png

Forward and Back air are pretty straight forward Fairs and Bairs

uIPt616.png

Down Air is a rapid kick attack!

Kn8S2Hj.png

Up Air is a Flip Kick.

FXTmp2k.png

His Neutral Special pull out a Nostalgic Surprise!

ARmxT8e.png

OkwrIkX.png

He can use them as weapons!

HCQJ1z6.png

Side B pulls people in! Like GET OVAH HERE!

pEKFnlK.png

Down B places a Fire Hydrant...

tVFPOVV.png

That he can Force Water out of...

rXOWsAQ.png

or Kick at the enemy!

kdORRoe.png

UP B Keeps it old School as well!

sJ69ZlX.png

But not as Old School as his final Smash!

The Trailer ended with another suprise...

HERE COMES ANOTHER VETERAN!

Mr. Game and Watch!

5RIjYet.png

screen-7.jpg

We also got a new stage that plays Homage to other Old School Namco characters!

I know I skipped this... but we have 3 other newcomers

Mii, U, and I

main.png

Didn't want to do an analysis on this because apparently their playstyle can change up depending on which Mii you create your mii around...

The Brawler Mii Fights using Melee and Fast Combo-y Close Quarter Combat! It also uses alot of moves simular to Lil' Mac, Mario, and Donkey Kong!

The Sword Mii fights Mid Range with Swift strikes! It fights reminiscently of Marth and Link!

And last is the Gunner Mii who fights from Longer Range! It may remind you of Megaman or Samus!

According to the website Mii and Palutena have the ability to switch up their entire special move set using custom move sets. By playing the game you can unlock armor, gloves, and boots that can upgrade your character's stats! You can also find pieces of clothing to don your Mii with! Every character has 3 abilities to choose from for each special attack palette. Every character has 12 alternate customizable special attacks

When playing online you can only use your custom characters in the "with friends" game mode. Not only are your custom characters banned from "For Fun" or "For Glory", but so are the Mii's. Miis are banned from Nintendo sponsored events for competitive play and the competitive smash bros scene may follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the week after e3 and now It is time to analyze this week's Pictures of the day!

Monday 6/16

QBst3zg.jpg

A picture of all the different Projectiles that the Sword Mii can throw! I am leaning more toward the Brawler and Gunner Mii so this is meh to me. The Picture's Caption mentioned how some of these projectiles will be on certain buttons, so you can make a projectile dependent Sword wielder... That sounds a lot like Link...

Tuesday 6/17

JLfV0yD.png

The Egg Robo from Sonic and Knuckles. Sure this may seem to be only a Trophy, but this enemy does make his appearance in the Smash Run game mode. In my own personal time with Smash Run, I found myself running into enemies from Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climbers... Interesting no?

Wednesday 6/18

LV51UP4.png

A new game mode called Trophy Run! The caption said that the game mode will stay secret for now. But it was compared to Brawl's Coin Launcher!

Thursday 6/19

wOiqLZy.jpg

A picture of Pac-Man's Neutral Special... this description is a mouthful so I am going to leave it to the Developers...

Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange.

My Question is "what happened to the Nostalgia" where Pac pulled out Sprites from Galaga, Dig Dug, and Star Destroyer or whatever.

Friday 6/20

lYseFtV.jpg

An alternate variant to DK's Neutral Special the Storm Punch... It looks okay I guess...

Let's Mix it up with a fun topic. A lot of people have been pouring in their opinions about the game and the characters after they all got to see it in action. Some even got to play the game for themselves! A ton of people are even making a "tier list" even though the characters haven't been fully explored yet. But Despite the fact that this game is still not out yet, we did see enough of the characters to see how they may end up being tiered if things go unchanged... here are some of my Tier List predictions...

Top Tier

This is a list of characters whom I can see posing as the largest threats out of the 20 playable characters. Or a list of characters that I can see people going to tournaments and winning with. Remember, this is all speculation based off of what I played, viewed, and read on the characters. To my surprise, most of the playable characters are in "Top" or "High" tier. Kudos to Nintendo and Namco. Now to start in no particular order!

Mario

main.png

Mario got hella buffed in this game! He has insanely good aerials and great Combo Potential! He is also incredibly agile for a middle aged working middle classed man! To top it all off, Mario is insanely easy to play as.

Bowser

main.png

The King of Koopas has finally graduated from Bottom Tier and retired his title of Low Tier King! They gave Bowser more speed, decent combo potential, new attack animations that are both cleaner and faster than ever before, and the armor he needed to function as a proper heavyweight brawler! Now King Koopa will demand the Respect he deserves I can totally see people crushing hopes and dreams in tournaments using this guy! I know I will be!

Donkey Kong

main.png

Bowser isn't the only heavyweight that got a massive buff! DK is actually a viable threat and was even mentioned by the game developers themselves that he may be one of the best in the game! DK has more speed and power, faster and cleaner attack animations, tons of spiking aerials, and two new moves! One being his new nostalgic Roll attack performed by running and the other being his Down B. He can now use his hand slap to Dunk people into the ground! Soon we will all fear the King of Swing!

Samus

main.png

I got the chance to try out Samus and Bowser myself when I played the demo, and all I hafta say is Samus OP! This Lady will wreck the competitive scene, trust me! Her projectiles and normal attacks received some mad buffs! Her Charged Shot is way faster and carries more of a punch than ever before! She also can combo you for either high damage or for the kill! Her Forward Smash, Up Smash, and Up Special are all reliable kill moves now... I am going to have fun wrecking you people with her!

Zero Suit Samus

main.png

Samus doesn't need a futuristic space suit to wreck you! This character hands down is probably the most powerful in the game! She is like a mix between Street Fighter's Cammy White, and Mortal Kombat's Sub-Zero. That is the combination of nightmares ladies and gentleman...

Zero Suit has speed, range, stuns, and combos for days! Good luck hitting this chick with your attacks! You'll need it!

Pikachu

main.png

The Teemo of the Smash Bros Universe! Pikachu has always been top/high tier. He is fast, strong, has decent combos, strong zoning, and is incredibly easy to use! On top of all that, he has an infinite! Which I figured out what it is...

Pikachu's down special, Thunder, now has a special sweet spot that spikes people into the ground. When the opponent is bouncing off of the ground, Pikachu can mash his jab on them with Neutral A and quite literally, keep the opponent from escaping his barrage of Headbutt attacks. Falco did something simular in Brawl with his laser. People called it the Laz0r Lock! I called it bullshit... hopefully that crap gets taken out!

Greninja

main.png

Greninja is going to be a very good character in this game! He is fast, has a good poke game, insane aerials, and crazy good combo potential! I can see a lot of people getting really far in tournaments with this guy! He will also be a pain in my ass...

He can also perform Combo finishes with his Aqua Jet special and his Shadow Sneak Special!

Olimar and Pikmin

main.png

Olimar was hands down one of the best characters in Brawl and will continue to be one of the best characters in Smash 4! Sure he has some nerfs, but he is still insanely good when used right! The biggest change to him is that he was made more tactical to use, which isn't bad. I personally find his changes enjoyable, outside the lack of tether >>

Another fun treat is that Olimar's Pikmin can now retrieve items for him and drop them right at his feet!

Wii Fit Trainer

main.png

This chick is pretty good if used right, she might even have potential to be one of the best characters in the game. She has speed, agility, combos, and a surprisingly good projectile. She also has the ability to self buff herself. One fun fact is that most of her attacks hit both in the direction she is aiming, and the direction opposing her. To top it off, all of her indirect attacks deal more damage than her direct ones. For example, if you look at the character art above, her foot behind her head would deal more damage than her hand if this was an attack!

High Tier

High Tier is a list of characters who are really good and serious threats to the meta game, but aren't so good that they may even break the game. I don't think any of these characters deserve any kind of tweaks and should be left as is. Here is my list in no particular order...

Rosalina and Luma

main.png

Rosalina is a character who will be difficult to use and beast when mastered! She didn't shine too much throughout this demo, but she is a much more powerful character when confronted one on one! She has great spacing and mind game potential, the ability to set up combos, and on top of all of that, she is classified as a heavyweight, so good luck killing her! Rosa is literally the tallest confirmed character in the current standing cast! I also noticed that Luma can be grabbed and attacked as if it was a regular character. One of the reason's Rosa isn't ranked higher is because she is incredibly difficult to use, and can be countered pretty hard!

Kirby

main.png

A ton of people are putting Kirby as "top tier" in their tier lists, but I completely disagree! The only reason why they ranked him so high was because of HungryBox's performance in the tournament. The guy even said "I picked Kirby just for fun"

Apparently Kirby's grab Range is incredible and his throws have an absurd amount of kill potential. I personally think kirby is at his most threatening when he has complete control of his opponent. He also is great at getting back to the stage when he is knocked off. When you are faced with a Kirby player that knows what most of the cast is capable of, he can be a serious threat! Especially with all of his Grab buffs this game!

Pit

main.png

Pit was always a character with a lot of potential... potential to make me hate his guts...

He was a super trolly zone-y character in brawl who relied a lot on sissy tactics to win. In this game, he was tweaked to be less of a sissy, and more like a.... I have no idea how to compliment this ... thing...

His attacks and combos are as fast and range-y as ever! And his new side special, the uppercut... thingy that I cannot recall the name of... Has a ton of armor! It can even soak some of Bowser's and Donkey Kong's beefiest attacks! Despite not being able to fly or glide, his recovery abilities are still some of the best!

... God I hate this kid... moving on...

Fox McCloud

main.png

An overrated character that a ton of people use to claim that they are good at the game... which doesn't say a lot since a ton of great players including myself love this character to pieces. Fox is still a really good character, however, he stands in the same place as he did in Brawl, dead center in "High Tier." One thing to note about him is that his recovery got buffed... ya... I was surprised too...

Fox no longer enters a helpless state when performing his side special, the Fox Illusion... so he can Side B then Up B to get back on the stage... ya... they went there... Inb4 Side B into shine combos!

Villager

main.png

This little dood is a jerk! He can be a serious threat if you learn how to use him. He is a pacifist by nature, so he wins by throwing you off stage, and performing one of his many ways to "Stage Gimp" and keep you from properly recovering back onto the stage... ya... he is that much of a douche!

Another thing about this little jack ass is that his recovery is insanely good! His Up Special is crazy fast and can get him from almost anywhere off the stage back and back on in seconds. And his Side special, the Lloyd Rocket can literally run almost endlessly! He can also jump off of it almost immediately after launching it to use it as a zoning projectile! He can use the rocket to cover himself while he runs up to you and does dumb shenanigan things!

Villager only doesn't rank higher because his attacks are a bit weak and he can be easily countered picked.

Mid Tier

This is a list of characters who aren't bad by any means, but could still use some type of buff. Maybe get some numbers shifted around...

Link

main.png

Yay! Link is no longer terrible! He is actually usable now! I just don't expect to see anyone make it far in a competitive setting using him. The Hero of Time could still use a couple tweaks to make him a bit better. However, his newest attack, the Jump Slash, is incredibly good! You can perform it by using his running attack! I saw a lot of people getting their KO's using that move.

Marth

main.png

... I cannot believe I am saying this... but Marth needs some buffs....

Marth was insanely good in Melee, Brawl, and Project M, and somehow... Nintendo done goofed! Marth is still useable... he just isn't nearly as good or viable as the rest of the characters that were playable in the demo. The balance team for some reason decided to make Marth less of an aerial fighter and more of a ground fighter... in my opinion... it makes him just barely viable...

Sonic the Hedgehog

main.png

Sonic is a character with a ton of potential, he is still good, he just isn't anything amazing just yet. To be fair, I didn't see many people use him, so he might be better than I am giving him credit for. Sonic has two note worthy changes. He has a new Down Smash that seems pretty reliable, he does the splits just like how he does in Project M. And his neutral special, the Homing Attack, can now be spammed, If timed right, you can repeatedly keep hitting people with it until they are completely off the stage! I don't know if Sonic needs a buff, but maybe I am just under Crediting him. I have yet to see him do anything to "wow" me as of yet. He has yet to do something to make me think "this character is really good."

Low Tier

Time... to talk about the worst characters in the demo, at least in my opinion. And to be fair, these characters aren't "garbage" by any means, but they all need some mad buffs before the game fully releases. They all have blatantly obvious weaknesses that can ruin anyone's plans on playing these characters... Nintendo, Plz fix nao!

Zelda

main.png

Zelda was one of the worst characters in both Melee and Brawl, and she is considered the worst character in this demo... which is incredibly painful for me to say...

She has some decent Zoning tools and powerful sweet spot aerials, but everything else is still lacking. Somehow, the Project M team made Zelda one of the top tier characters. I didn't like the change they made to her Din's Fire move, but it wouldn't hurt Nintendo to steal some more ideas from them to use in smash 4. Zelda needs some serious number tweaks to be viable. I really want this woman to be good this time round...

Megaman

main.png

If Nintendo makes Rockman low tier this game, so many fanboys will rage... Megaman has potential to be a really good character, but his numbers and knock back kinda sucks. He has difficulty dealing with a majority of the cast and is often underwhelming. I got to try him out for myself, and I felt... a bit disoppointed... They need to increase Mega's attack power and/or priority, he really isn't that great at poking, which is depressing since this guy screams "I want to be the best poker in the game!"

Lil' Mac

main.png

Lil' Mac may seem OP to nooby players, but when thrown up against higher level players, his weaknesses will make him almost unusable... He has bad match ups against most of the Demo's playable roster, and I am terrified when I think of how he will match up with the remaining roster. What is sad is that this guy has so much potential. Hopefully Nintendo finds some way to help him deal with his shortcomings... Sure he is fast and powerful, but he lacks good approach on range-y characters and can be counter picked really easily.

What are your guy's opinions? Lemme know!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been slacking off, but I am going to catch up with the more interesting Screenshots... Let's begin!

Tuesday 6/24

Lw06Wtt.jpg

This is a pretty cool alt based off of Link's Design from the beginning of Skyward Sword. As some of you may know I wasn't the biggest fan of LoZ:SS, but I really like this Alt!

Thursday 6/26

QT2UOdb.jpg

Dang Nabbit! This is a stage Hazard from the Super Mario Bros U stage on Wii U! What is interesting is that this stage was in the Demo I got to play. Despite all of the footage I got to see of this stage, Nabbit never appeared once. I heard that the demo was an "early version of the game."

Friday 6/27

B0eoqxc.jpg

I kinda predicted that this would happen, I am also getting the feeling that the Godot Mii will be like Captain Falcon and Lil' Mac Mixed, Tall Heavy Hitting Boxer person thing...

Monday 6/30

BPnZF32.png

Never played a single Pikmin game, so this means nothing to me. The gold effect might be the one from the New Super Mario Bros 2 stage where if you gather 100 coins, you get speed, power, weight, and armor boosts.

Tuesday 7/1

AiErert.jpg

My favorite Picture in a while. This is something that might actually get me to wear Pink! why not

I love most of Lil' Mac's Alts and Intend on using almost all of them :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the next Part of this thread!

Friday 7/4

l1F4IMO.png

Sounds a lot like the New Super Mario Bros 2 themed stage. Not bad.

Pa7C3BV.png

I personally prefer the 3DS pacman stage over the Wii U Pacman Stage.

Tuesday 7/8

hvnu2oM.jpg

Palutena has this beastly up smash! In my previous post, I predicted that this would be her up tilt... as for this other picture...

c4sEiH0.jpg

It is not confirmed as to where this attacked is mapped. However, Take a look at that Diddy Kong alt color! It's not new... but it's an interesting easter egg.

Wednesday 7/9

UhxRwDW.png

I am assuming that the characters in this picture are both Red. I am not entirely sure what other kinds of buffs would take place other than weight, speed, jump power, and Damage intake....

also, I am interested in what other kinds of costumes you can dress up your mii in!

Thursday 7/10

WU2onAc.jpg

This picture is almost a meme now. Amario skin and Light Suit Samus with a Star Wars reference! Recent pictures have been quite alternate costume happy... Keep them coming Sakurai!

Friday 7/11

GDtj2O1.jpg

Apparently the one thing that interested me about this character was just... his up taunt...

It is called Namco Roullette... hopefully it actually does something...

Here you can see Nappy

Kz6aPDv.jpg

Followed by referances to Digdug, Galaga, Taiko Drum game... and some other stuff...

After Trolling us with Rayman and Shulk, Nintendo revealed the newest additions to the game.

HERE COMES SOME NEW CHALLENGERS

Lucina, Robin, and Captain Falcon!

ZPDsrVO.jpg

owpTjSE.png

UebzB9r.jpg

a2QVwsc.png

First Let's talk Veterans!

main.png

Cap is Back and as Glorious as ever

ttweAOg.png

meUyHhS.png

He is super Photogenic this time around!

24B3JOq.png

Some Classic SNES Poses! Brings me back!

En5V5PF.png

HD Falcon Pawnch and Falcon Keek...

xj735q6.png

8rQ3oQK.png

Wait... is that Falcon Kick flying at a different angle than before?

Normally Cap's Air Falcon Kick goes Diagonal, this one is moving forward... Maybe this is one of his Aerials...

Moving on to the Stars of this Show!

Lets Talk Lucina First!

main.png

Chrom's Daughter, Lucina steps into the Ring!

QbdlB59.png

and Disappointingly enough... she is a Marth clone... Don't believe me? Let's take a look...

xqltguq.png

There is Marth's Recovery, the Dolphin Slash.

pxoAcD2.png

Marth's Counter...

QKkJChK.png

And the Dancing Blade...

She even does some of Marth's Aerials. She seems like a faster, more agile Marth though... which fucking terrifies me...

Marth might be more ground focused, while Lucina relies on Aerial Combat. In the trailer, she spends a lot of time in the air.

Any other secrets she holds?

6iksCF1.png

Teasing her Final Smash...

1u3jgAR.png

Okay, moving on...

The most surprising (told you so) Newcomer! Robin!

main.png

I won't main these two... but totally playing them on a regular basis!

bnT8gzT.png

He is pretty Sweet looking! He seems like a Multi-Stance Zoning/Weapon Wielder character. He seems pretty fun! Robin appears to be a very defensive character who uses his high level tactics to master. What would you expect from a master Tactician?

9nlr14O.png

You can play as the female variant too!

Lets play a little game called PREDICT THAT MOVESET!

KOCunYu.jpg

Nuetral A is a 1-2-3 Combo that goes, Slash-Slash- Fire Explosion

lX3qp81.png

You can Rapid hit the attack when A is mashed. Robin will cast Wind!

ITpNXwP.png

Robin's Down Tilt is a simple Sweep.

JeeuX9p.png

Robin also has this cool looking Charge Animation, I believe it is his Neutral B.

SlwyTLw.png

Tap B for a simple pew pew Thunder!

DAYkzMw.jpg

Charge it Slightly for a more powerful Elthunder!

2Xh170j.png

Arcthunder is interesting...

hSZWmFt.png

It suspends the opponent in the air for follow up attacks!

uvktTKc.png

If those previous attacks weren't cool enough for you, check out the fully charged Variant, Thoron!

RTGxSOh.png

His Side B is Elfire, Seems to have a very "PK Flash" or "PK Freeze" type of effect to it.

HmgeWb2.jpg

It's Range seems to vary, depending on button input.

GjRMskH.png

His Down Air is Elwind! It might be a Down B, but It looks more like an Aerial A attack.

koLJ2R7.png

It has a hell lotta range! Makes Mac look pathetic. >>

eg7rzsm.png

His grab is this Darth Vader Force Choke thing.

BK96qsi.png

His Up or Down Throw looks pretty Menacing.

3y4aoGS.png

Back Throw looks pretty strong.

YcTRNls.png

I am not sure were this move would go... But this is his Nosferatu move.

What makes Robin Interesting is that he has two fighting stances...

pVUlhF5.png

His Mage Stance... or He will literally toss away his tome...

9H2piZ5.png

ZAIDMr1.jpg

and Fight with the Levin Sword!

EOjoyMj.png

This looks like his Forward Smash!

He has two forward Airs... this one might be the Mage form F-air

kL4wEw6.png

and this one may be his Melee form F-air

G45nHhz.png

Last but not Least, what about Chrom?

OQxPI6V.jpg

Despite all of the speculation, Chrom is only part of Robin's Final Smash!

8OZStJu.png

ExrUXvb.png

Don't get me wrong, It looks epic buuuut... I TOLD YOU ALL ROBIN WOULD GET IN OVER CHROM

Also, Gematsu Leak Deconfirmed. We might not see Chorus Men after all... but What about Shulk?

Personally I believe Shulk is still in the game. Why would Sakurai tease Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, The Ice Climbers, Ness, Wario, Ridley and Rayman and not put them into the game? okay, Rayman might not make it in

I severly doubt either of those characters won't be included. In unrelated news, We are now sitting at 36 officially confirmed characters, we are now 3 short from matching the Brawl Roster!

Edit: apparently Robin has limited uses on their Tomes.

Going to guess that Robin is a somewhat slow character, neither light nor heavy, and strategy will mainly be to pepper the opponent from afar with tomes before going in for the kill with a strong melee (perhaps this is what Levin Sword is for? I can't see too many spectacular KOs with that Bronze Sword he has there). Can't imagine melee hand-to-hand combat is his forté unless he's equipped for it with a Levin Sword or maybe some good ol' Wind magic.

And the tome/weapon he uses might dictate his special attacks (Levin Sword might power up standard attacks instead?)

I dunno, I have to look over the video again.

When I was looking at stuff, I was noticing that the Tome changed color based on spell.... check it out...

jf292oV.jpg

Male is holding a Fire Tome while female has a Lightning Tome.

hxAfO8E.png

Male has Darkness Tome, Female has Light (which we haven't seen in action yet)

fuyCt6t.jpg

Wind Tome.

Lastly, I was noticing that we haven't seen Robin's Recovery yet. That is kinda worth showing off.

Edit: also These were Today's Pics of the Day, they are worth pointing out...

9pXouZh.png

I was convinced that we were getting Shulk today. Then I thought, "what if this was all staged and Sakurai was just trolling us?"

Then I saw this and absolutely knew Sakurai was trolling us. Then I was thinking, "who the fuck will we see today?"

But ya, Ubisoft made a completely new Rayman Character Model just for smash bros. I wonder if we will get any other 3rd Party Trophies. If you guys look back at when this thread had barely begun, I predicted something Rayman would come. I was just hoping he would be playable.

FiNms1b.jpg

No Seriously? When are we getting a New F-Zero... I am waiting Nintendo!!!

Edit 2:

YcTRNls.png

Robin is Syphoning HP out of Palutena here

Oh hey look, Destiny is still Downloading... Time to update with this week's Posts...

Obviously We got three new characters Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon!

Tuesday was about Lucina.

9EvA9jk.jpg

Lucina was originally designed to be an alternate skin for Marth with her own voice overs. She also took her father's spot on the roster. Chrom was literally intended to be in the game, but the series creator felt that he would be too lame.

fJjDEbk.jpg

Unlike other Alternative Skins, Lucina is her own character. She is slightly Shorter and Faster than Marth! She also has power throught her entire sword, rather than how Marth's Power was focused on the tip of his blade. I am predicting that Lucina will be focused more on Aggressive Rush Down play. While Marth will be more defensive and require more precision to use. Lucina also seems Noob Friendly.

jXx9EW6.jpg

Speaking of easter eggs, it was confirmed that one of Lucina's Taunts involves putting on and removing her mask! It was also stated that she can start the fight with her mask on!

Wednesday was all about Robin!

n00teB1.jpg

T37iChr.jpg

It was confirmed that Robin's Smash Attacks will summon the Levin Sword, and Xe's special attacks involve changing tomes! Both also have limited use and will take time to regenerate. When the Levin Sword and Tomes are broken, Robin will become hella vulnerable!

The Levin Sword can be activated using smash attacks. Robin can even do smash attacks in the air! When the Levin Sword breaks, Robin will be forced to use a plain ol' Bronze Sword. The Bronze Sword looks fairly weak and unreliable.

Robin's Specials are their Tomes!

Neutral Special is a thunder Tome and can be charged simular to Samus's Cannon or DK's Punch!

Forward Special is the Fire Tome and unleashes a fireball that launches diagonally and explodes upon impacting an item, a character, or the ground. It will then create a Fire Pillar simular to Ness's.

Down Special is Nosferatu. It siphon's Life from the enemy using dark magic. The damage performed on the enemy increases when performed from behind!

Up Special is Wind Magick! Robin throws wind blades in a downward direction propelling xemself thoughout the air. They can throw up to two wind blades at a time. This move doubles up as both a great attack and recovery! Sakurai pointed out that if the tomes are broken, Robin will essentially be shit out of luck when it comes to recovery...

Last detail I noticed (though unconfirmed) regarding tomes is that Robin's Neutral A-A-A attack will change depending on Tome! When xe has a fire tome, their third attack will be a launching explosion! When their tome is wind, they will perform a rapid hit attack, simular to Fox or Greninja!

Thursday wasn't anything new or special...

ueaYt1Q.jpg

It was confirmation of the Nintendogs Stage, the Living Room, Will also involve Cats.

Last Bit of Info out this week. Coro Coro magazine, Aka the people we get our Pokemon News from, claims to be revealing the "Entire" Roster, as well as selectable 3DS Stages, in their next issue. The next Issue also comes out in less than a month! Before you get overly excited, I wanna kill your hype a bit. Coro Coro apparently pulled a simular stunt with the release of brawl. And when they did, they didn't show us anything new. Let's just wait and see what happens...

• 4 weeks later...

Here comes a New Challenger!

SJHIVP9.jpg

No... for Realsies this time...

pmQDEEt.png

DBJDgE4.png

"Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move."

I Think Metaknight's up special is more of an attack rather than a recovery... There isn't much more information on Nerfs, but this is something.

JjgNiwD.png

This picture is interesting... WHO'S THAT POKEMON!?!