Godot's Weekly Super Smash Bros Analysis

Godot

Something tells me Lil Mac might have 1-9 matchup in Greninja's favor.

Funny thing, when I saw how Samus played I was like "IS SHE CAMMY NOW?"

Sheik overall looks hella buffed from brawl. Maybe we can se her like the good old days of melee.

Oh...and dat Olimar nerf.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighting Greninja or any aerial dominant character with Lil' Mac will be challenging... He does have that Diangonal smash attack that seems to be a decent anti air... I will probably switch to Samus, Shiek, or Bowser if I get matched up against a Greninja.

I think of Greninja being like Shiek, the biggest difference being that Shiek is more of a traditional ninja, while Greninja is more anime/fantasy oriented.

Greninja focuses on poking the opponent and being annoying. Also, every time Greninja attacks a baby unicorn farts sunshine. He is full of flair and style.

Shiek on the other hand is more based around infighting. She will run in, beat the shit out of you in a cool flashy way, and run back out.

Shiek shows her flair by doing flashy combos and mind gamesy set ups, Greninja gets flair by simply moving. I also noticed that Greninja cannot chain more than 2 attacks together...

He will by short hopping a lot. Ie being in the air, but low to the ground.

I don't think you noticed that I was just making a pun

Godot pls

also forgot to respond to this but:

I think of Greninja being like Shiek, the biggest difference being that Shiek is more of a traditional ninja, while Greninja is more anime/fantasy oriented.

Greninja focuses on poking the opponent and being annoying. Also, every time Greninja attacks a baby unicorn farts sunshine. He is full of flair and style.

Shiek on the other hand is more based around infighting. She will run in, beat the shit out of you in a cool flashy way, and run back out.

Shiek shows her flair by doing flashy combos and mind gamesy set ups, Greninja gets flair by simply moving. I also noticed that Greninja cannot chain more than 2 attacks together...

Greninja doesn't focus on being annoying; more so on using teleportation and it's mechanics in landing hits. I suspect that his teleportation move will be a core part of his gameplay.

He only has 1 teleportation move and it only goes sideways. I am not saying that it won't be good, but it is still a poke, he does the same attack with every teleport, kinda like Metaknight.

Or cough cough strider Hariuyu cough cough

Also, 3 chain combo idea...

Throw a fully charged water shuriken, run up to the opponent, grab them, twist them once or twice, throw them, follow up with an forward air

He only has 1 teleportation move and it only goes sideways. I am not saying that it won't be good, but it is still a poke, he does the same attack with every teleport, kinda like Metaknight.

Um, there's no attack that's directly part of his teleport, unless you're confusing this with Substitute.

His Side b and down b teleport. I might be wrong. But it looks like that he is forced to do the same attack with both teleporting moves, similar to Metaknight's down b and Shiek and Zelda's up B

The only moves we haven't seen are his down, front, and back throws, his nair or neutral air, and his up air.

Gninja's teleports look like they are more for counter attacking than movement

His Side b and down b teleport. I might be wrong. But it looks like that he is forced to do the same attack with both teleporting moves, similar to Metaknight's down b and Shiek and Zelda's up B

Substitute's attack looks far more like a set attack, while his Side B looks more freeform and varied in it's attacking options.

Lemme ask you a question then. What attack do you think he is doing after his side B teleport?

It looks like one of his aerials, really. Admittedly, it might be a little too fast, but then that could always just be a thing considering he's a ninja.

It looks like a back air or forward air, however... We already know what those are! So I assume that attack is part of the teleport. I don't think the teleport can be used for movement, but as a counter attack. I think Greninja will be using his up special for movement much like how Pikachu and Lucario did.

Dug up some info for you, Goddy:

tumblr_n40f0rbBrb1sntotwo2_r1_1280.png

It IS based off a pokémon move, surprisingly; it appears there is a set attack to it, but the distance you travel is based on how much you charge; and you have mobility during that charge aswell. My only question is if you'll be able to store the charge like with the WFTs or Lucario's Aura Sphere, etc.

I saw this, actually, the main focus of this thread is for me to go over the weekly pics that go up, I kinda slacked last week because of the direct.

I have a couple concerns with the move. One being the charging. Can you visually see that he is charging it?

I saw this, actually, the main focus of this thread is for me to go over the weekly pics that go up, I kinda slacked last week because of the direct.

I have a couple concerns with the move. One being the charging. Can you visually see that he is charging it?

At worst, it should be a subtle visual hint as to when he's charging. Moreso hoping that you can store the charge instead.