A suggestion about rivals

thatoneguy666

I don't think this should be posted here... but I do agree, at least at some extent becase without potions ther are pretty easy to beat, but with 3-4 potions... the start to get annoying... So I'd suggest to change it to 1 potion/super potion/etc. per battle.

Edited by RasenShot

• Administrators

The goal actually wasn't to weaken them, but it occurred to me canon game rivals don't use potions, so it didn't make sense for me to include them.

This is valuable feedback though; How about the other rivals? Any specific battles that feel too week? Do others agree/disagree?

I personally think that the rivals if they do use potions/healing items, but only ones that the player has access to at that time (or will have in a few minutes)- No hyper potions from out of nowhere when you are still stuck on Supers and won't be having any until about 4 or more gyms later- Berry Ice Cream/ Moo Moo Milk should suffice.

Gym Leaders, I understand- they're there to test you and should get the best items available. Rivals though should have a much more limited arsenal like you do, and should be adjusted accordingly. It also reduces the number of thrown keyboards.

Edited by MetalKing1417

• Administrators

I personally think that the rivals if they do use potions/healing items, but only ones that the player has access to at that time (or will have in a few minutes)- No hyper potions from out of nowhere when you are still stuck on Supers and won't be having any until about 4 or more gyms later- Berry Ice Cream/ Moo Moo Milk should suffice.

Gym Leaders, I understand- they're there to test you and should get the best items available. Rivals though should have a much more limited arsenal like you do, and should be adjusted accordingly. It also reduces the number of thrown keyboards.

This makes decent sense. Any objections?

I agree completely. Rivals should use either Moo Moo Milk or Super Potions. The Milk for more of a challenge and the super potions for more fairness. Although, this game is supposed too be quite difficult, so the Hyper Potions are believable