13.5 Souta Gym

Magus543

Sturdy Magnezone or not-crested Aevian Ampharos are a great help, especially if you like to Thunder Wave and target his Mega. Or. You can use Tailwind to help yourself, Skarmory is not a big threat aside from putting the Tailwind. Just pay attention to Heat Wave. I was helped by AuroraVeil-A-Ninetales, tbh.

If you want to change the field, Gravity and Smack Down are the way, but his Pokémon should have moves to return to Sky Field, if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, SoulN7 said:

Sturdy Magnezone or not-crested Aevian Ampharos are a great help, especially if you like to Thunder Wave and target his Mega. Or. You can use Tailwind to help yourself, Skarmory is not a big threat aside from putting the Tailwind. Just pay attention to Heat Wave. I was helped by AuroraVeil-A-Ninetales, tbh.

If you want to change the field, Gravity and Smack Down are the way, but his Pokémon should have moves to return to Sky Field, if I remember correctly.

I used smack down and blizzard to remove a lot of his bonuses, A.amperous basically swept him

An Aggron or Steelix using Smack Down should do the trick, for whatever reason with me Souta never seemed to use any of the moves that would return the Mountain field to the Sky field when he had the chance. I used Aggron myself, Smack Down, Stealth Rocks, then Head Smash til he died, then Prankster Murkrow w/Amplifield Rock to set off my own Tailwind to counter his, then used some Rock-type or another (I can't remember which) and went to town, basically destroying the rest of his team with little issue. Both forms of Lycanroc are also available on Route 9, so Accelerock is also a viable part of whatever strategy you use.

• 3 weeks later...

For the Aevian Volcarona, I used a Sturdy Magnezone with Mirror Coat (Mirror Coat, Lock-On, Zap Cannon & Flash Cannon)

>Souta sends out A. Volcarona

<I send out Magnezone

>A. Volcarona Quiver Dances

<I use Lock-On

>A. Volcarona QD's again

>I use Zap-Cannon, do 50% of HP and paralyze

<A Volc uses its sig. move

>I Mirror Coat twice and remove it from existence

Its listed here already but you can easily sweep Souta because of Aevian Lapras
Its Hidden ability is No guard and it learns moves like Sing, D Dance, Stone Edge (i swear it gets Zap cannon too)
Sing Turn 1 then D dance until wake up, Sing the turn after it wakes up to heal/Continue boosting

On 12/17/2023 at 11:42 PM, Charon said:

An Aggron or Steelix using Smack Down should do the trick, for whatever reason with me Souta never seemed to use any of the moves that would return the Mountain field to the Sky field when he had the chance. I used Aggron myself, Smack Down, Stealth Rocks, then Head Smash til he died, then Prankster Murkrow w/Amplifield Rock to set off my own Tailwind to counter his, then used some Rock-type or another (I can't remember which) and went to town, basically destroying the rest of his team with little issue. Both forms of Lycanroc are also available on Route 9, so Accelerock is also a viable part of whatever strategy you use.

Does Amplified Rock work with Tailwind?!

6 hours ago, AbeBumblesnatch said:

Does Amplified Rock work with Tailwind?!

I could've sworn to god I read somewhere that it extended it from 3 turns to 5 turns, but from what I'm reading about it after searching again, apparently it was specifically excluded? Which is fair, extended Tailwind would be pretty OP. So I guess not.

10 hours ago, Charon said:

I could've sworn to god I read somewhere that it extended it from 3 turns to 5 turns, but from what I'm reading about it after searching again, apparently it was specifically excluded? Which is fair, extended Tailwind would be pretty OP. So I guess not.

Souta's Field keeps Tailwind up indefinitely after its used

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mimikyu said:

Souta's Field keeps Tailwind up indefinitely after its used

According to the Field Notes the Sky Field just extends Tailwind to 8 turns. Which might as well be indefinitely at the pace a normal battle goes.

6 minutes ago, Charon said:

According to the Field Notes the Sky Field just extends Tailwind to 8 turns. Which might as well be indefinitely at the pace a normal battle goes.

Huh, i won within 8 turns my last go at Souta so i was not aware
I know on one of my playthroughs it felt like it would keep going without it being reapplied

Just now, Mimikyu said:

Huh, i won within 8 turns my last go at Souta so i was not aware
I know on one of my playthroughs it felt like it would keep going without it being reapplied

I feel like that it might have been indefinite in a previous version, but considering how broken that would be I might just be remembering wrong.

3 minutes ago, Charon said:

I feel like that it might have been indefinite in a previous version, but considering how broken that would be I might just be remembering wrong.

Idk, i just know A.Lapras Go Brrrrrr

• Like 1