Do Cyndaquil, Rowlet, and Oshawott have Hisui evos in the game; Also best starter for v13.5?

Game Duelist Neon Afro

Did the creators of Rejuvenation put in Hisuian evos for Cyndaquil, Rowlet, and or Oshawott in the game update? If so, I would like to pick Oshawott as my starter. If not, then aside from Torchic; which starter will be useful for a new playthrough? One that can do as well as Speed Boost Torchic can in terms of sweeping through each gym with the right team?

The best starter is Torchic, because it's the only starter that, as of now, can't be caught elsewhere later. And it's busted, too.

Edit: nevermind, just saw that you don't want to pick Torchic. Then I recommend Scorbunny.

Just now, Superbia said:

Did they make Snivy and Scorbunny available in v13.5? Used to be they were also exclusively available as starters.

Scorbunny is given to you when you complete Maman's quest; Snivy can be caught in the wild in Pyramid Grounds.

• Upvote 1

Probably the introduction of Gen 9 starters will "change" everything in starters' tier lists and recommendations. I think the best choice remains Torchic until it's avaible if you want to change starters during your runs, while Scorbunny, Froakie, Chimchar, Popplio, Fennekin and Mudkip are good choices or top starters amongs these.

Obliviously, I meant that Torchic is not avaible yet separately and it's more an easy choice if you want to get more options and back-ups during your playthrough, but it's the player who decides how they use the starters, since...well...it's Pokèmon. I do wonder how Gen 9 starters will enter in the """"meta"""" of the game, especially (Gen 9 spoilers)

Spoiler

Meowscarada, being the fastest of the starters the one who completes the trio of Protean Starters.

2 minutes ago, Superbia said:

Meowscarada looks to be about as overrated as Blaziken, despite being UU as well lol. If anything, Skeledirge will be the heavy hitter once the gen 9 starters become available. Solid typing, Unaware HA and Torch Song boosts will definitely overshadow Blaziken.

What about Quaquaval? It should have Moxie and its signature move with speed boost.

Just now, Superbia said:

Meowscarada looks to be about as overrated as Blaziken, despite being UU as well lol. If anything, Skeledirge will be the heavy hitter once the gen 9 starters become available. Solid typing, Unaware HA and Torch Song boosts will definitely overshadow Blaziken.

It will not considering Skeleridge will never outspeed anything, and being UU only means it's not great in the current meta with current set of pokemon since OU is full of strong Fire and Flying types that completely lock Meowscarada out. It's not an indication of overall power and flexibility. 

Blaziken is undisputedly and irrevocably the best current starter and any other opinion is simply wrong. First of all he is the only one still unavailable so that's reason enough, second of all Protect-Bulk Up/Speed boost variant can get you through most fights by making huge holes in enemy teams. For something like Greninja to shine you need endgame moves to even use his Protean effectively. 

I dont think you understand how and why tiers work, i recommend doing research on that first and why something can be UU or OU before even attempting this topic. Cresselia, Salamence, Scizor and fucking Ursaluna also currently reside in UU and only a complete moron would say they are underpowered or bad. 

Skeleridge got what bulk? Max HP and max defense skelly gets 75% from Garchomps EQ without Life Orb or even Soft sand, he can run Assault vest but then he cant Slack off. Skele will get 2HKO by anything and will not be able to setup properly, not to mention terrain effects. 

No one said Blaziken is a god pokemon, but he is simply the best choice for Rejuvenation starter. 

1 minute ago, Superbia said:

Ditto on that, you have no clue on tier viability and how that translates to a Pokemon being "good" or not. As can be inferred from your previous replies, you basically think anything fast and strong is "good" without giving much thought to anything else lol. 

Anyway, you've been proven wrong adequately. Best starter is, once again, subjective and highly debatable. Most braindead definitely goes to Blaziken though.

I will not engage in further arguments with a reddit troll that only throw "ha you are wrong and don't know anything, i won't prove anything however despite your arguments and examples, you wrong", so enjoy oyur "opinion" there. This is the last thing about this topic i react to.  

Best starter is of course a subject to discussion. Best starter in Rejuvenation 13.5 is not a subject to discussion, it's Blaziken simply by virtue of him being not attainable any other way, power not withstanding. That is a simple fact and disputing that is nonsense. 

• Global Mods

This thread has been locked to prevent further escalation.
Please keep in mind that starter choices are OPINIONS. There is no right or wrong starter to choose, and the "best starter" is still an opinion.