Help with f****** Noel.

helion

So, after everyone telling me Serra was hard as hell and then while I beat her in first try made me think I could sweep Noel with my perfect machamp, I was wrong though. She has the perfect pokemon. Can somebody tell me what her 6th pokemon is? (I know Girafarig, Swellow, Porygon-Z, Cincinno & Staraptor)

Here is my team:

Lv 52 Golbat (happiness is hard to get lol)

Air Slash

Acrobatics

Mean Look

Poison Fang

Lv 49 Houndoom

Roar

Rock Smash

Fire Fang

Foul Play

Lv 52 Escavalier

Swords Dance

Iron Defense

Iron Head

X-Scissor

Lv 53 Machamp

Wake-up-slap

Cross Chop

Strength

Revenge

Lv 52 Skuntank

Toxic

Night Slash

Flamethrower

Slash

Lv 50 Blastoise

Aqua tail

Iron defense

Bite

Skull Bash

My strategy is one and only:

Lead off with Machamp, kill his Cincinno with a simple revenge or Cross Chop, and then go to golbat and make him raise his attack so he cannot 1HKO my Houndoom. I let Golbat die while I heal Machamp. I then go to houndoom and roar him away. He goes to swello and I let Houndoom die. I then go to escavalier, let him brave bird and then use iron head and usually survive with 20 HP. Then switch to Blastoise to take the Brave Bird and he dies via recoil + burn (even though this happened only once because he either gets a crit or decides to heal up randomly). With Porygon I go to Skuntank and poison him, and then try to do as much damage as I can to let him waste all his potions or just heal Escavalier. If I heal escavalier, I go to him and kill him pretty easily. (and I am able to pretty good even though of the 1/2+ special attack due to my nature boosting sp.def). If he goes to Girafarig I go to blastoise and heal escavalier. Then I go back to escavalier and use swords dance + iron defense (I haven't actually been up to that point since I just got swords dance). Then, I take out his girafarig.

The only thing I know about his staraptor is that it cannot 1HKO me while at full health.

What do you guys think I should use to take him out? (other than catching new pokemon, lol)

Noels a guy..... :mellow:

Well I recommend you evolve your crobat I know getting happiness is hard but it will make a big difference, his last pokemon is a magic guard, stored power, cosmic power clefable with softboiled. You should probably level up your pokes a bit more at least get your houndoom to 50 for flamethrower.

Noels a guy..... :mellow:

Well I recommend you evolve your crobat I know getting happiness is hard but it will make a big difference, his last pokemon is a magic guard, stored power, cosmic power clefable with softboiled. You should probably level up your pokes a bit more at least get your houndoom to 50 for flamethrower.

But will it matter with that strategy? Evolving golbat will probably not make huge difference in the battle, and flamethrower sounds nice.

Evolving ALWAYS makes a difference. Go and evolve it by spamming haircuts at the salons [fiddle with the clock to do it multiple times]. And just grind a bit. Also, you could try changing yout strategy, instead of going 'one and only'.

Try to get Confuse ray on Golbat/Crobat, if it hits itself then you have an extra turn to do some damage and hopefully 2HKO with Acrobatics. But yeah, you should evolve the Golbat tho, the attack and speed boost that Crobat gets is nice.

Edited by RasenShot

A strategy is good and all but seeing as luck (criticals, misses etc) can ruin any plan you make you're better off taking extra precautions such as evolving Golbat and making sure your pokemon have the best moves around there level. Also if the friendship is that bad this late in the game I suggest buying friendship berries, if you did the side quests for the stickers.

A strategy is good and all but seeing as luck (criticals, misses etc) can ruin any plan you make your better off taking extra precautions such as evolving Golbat and making sure your pokemon have the best moves around there level. Also if the friendship is that bad this late in the game I suggest buying friendship berries, if you did the side quests for the stickers.

It is because I found a shiny zubat lv 40 before Serra and replaced weezing with it lol

I will try to grind a bit and I will inform you on the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need help beating noel. All the other gym leaders were easier than this guy. HE IS REALLY HARD! Can someone rate my team and help me out on how to beat this guy?

Team:

• Stoutland-Lv.51- Jolly: Retaliate, Work Up, Crunch, Strength Ability: Sand Rush Item: Silk Scarf
  • Donphan-Lv.50- Rash: Assurance, Rock Smash, Rollout, Earthquake Ability: Sand Veil
  • Serperior-Lv.50- Calm: Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Coil Ability: Contrary Item: Big Root
  • Alakazam-Lv.51-Relaxed: Psychic, Recover, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball Ability: Synchronize
  • Magmar-Lv.51- Rash: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Lava Plume, Smokescreen Ability: Vital Spirit
  • Magneton-Lv.51-Mild: Spark (mostly for paralysis), Metal Sound, Discharge, Flash Cannon Ability: Sturdy Item: Iron Plate

I really need help beating noel. All the other gym leaders were easier than this guy. HE IS REALLY HARD! Can someone rate my team and help me out on how to beat this guy?

Team:

• Stoutland-Lv.51- Jolly: Retaliate, Work Up, Crunch, Strength Ability: Sand Rush Item: Silk Scarf
  • Donphan-Lv.50- Rash: Assurance, Rock Smash, Rollout, Earthquake Ability: Sand Veil
  • Serperior-Lv.50- Calm: Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Coil Ability: Contrary Item: Big Root
  • Alakazam-Lv.51-Relaxed: Psychic, Recover, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball Ability: Synchronize
  • Magmar-Lv.51- Rash: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Lava Plume, Smokescreen Ability: Vital Spirit
  • Magneton-Lv.51-Mild: Spark (mostly for paralysis), Metal Sound, Discharge, Flash Cannon Ability: Sturdy Item: Iron Plate

This is what I used if it's any help. Noel was way harder than I thought he'd be and it took a couple tries.

Lv 50 samurott (aqua tail, water pulse, revenge, retaliate)
Lv 55 alakazam (psychic, shadow ball, calm mind, recover)
Lv 50 emolga (spark, discharge, acrobatics, shockwave)
Lv 45 mawhile (faint, baton pass, crunch, iron defense)
Lv 53 camurupt (yawn, earthquake, lava plume, eruption)
Lv 52 gyarados (bite, aquatail, ice fang, dragon dance) lv 53 during battle
Double dragon dance gyarados with 5 moxies for the win. Only samurott and alakazam died, gyarados was in critical condition.
Edited by Marissa

• 3 weeks later...

But will it matter with that strategy? Evolving golbat will probably not make huge difference in the battle, and flamethrower sounds nice.

Oh my. I can't believe you said that D:

jk. But no, If you evolve golbat, you have one helluva speedmaster right there. That, coupled with acrobatics and maybe cross poison, and you have a speed sweeper with a badly poisoning move. The reason this is good is because Crobat's speed base is beaten by few (I think so far only Jumpluff and Deoxys Speed Forme).

Umm i basically killed his cinccino with my infernape then set up +4 DD on my gyarados and swept the rest of his team :/ He seemed pretty straight forward to me, a little weak even

LOL I did that too, except I stunned Cincinno with Magneton's Discharge and then Set up my gyarados. But by that time I had Lucario at a sweeping lv 52 so I just aura sphered everything else when Gyarados died (It was lv 51 and staraptor BraveBirded it a little too much :< )