Reborn E19 Battle Music Pack!

Karvanha

This is my attempt at updating the Reborn battle music pack for E19. Thanks to @Dreamy and Jasper Fox for creating the previous versions, and to @fish_gaming for helping me with this version!

Description:

This mod gives unique themes to significant trainers (as well as postgame legendaries) in Reborn in order to provide more music variety to the game. Some of the base game tracks are also shuffled around.

Download (~190 MB):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fKmBVIGZaU_P90HORjpdKhIb_P1Qw1AI/view

Installation:
1. Copy all the music files (with the extension '.ogg') into Pokemon Reborn/Audio/BGM/.
2. Copy the file named "trainertypes.dat" into Pokemon Reborn/Data/ and replace the existing one. Make sure to keep a backup of the original file for if you need to go back.

3. Copy the file named "Battle Music Pack Extra Features.rb" into Pokemon Reborn/Data/Mods/ (if the Mods folder doesn't exist yet, create it).

Compatibility with other mods:

This mod would be incompatible with other mods that change the trainertypes.dat file. Compatibility trainertypes.dat files for some specific mods are given below (just put these in place of the one that comes with the download above):

AllGen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QPFIF32ZoaNWXwswCZY4_wLaFUOOjGI/

Reatomized: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdN1lzbJ4_rSDgKowdKpuEAGijzqUi43/

DJ Arclight VS sprite

List of tracks along with the YouTube sources:

(Full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94K0fRsQOw6cCkQlDxtnpGjmJhlIjObX)

Spoiler

1. Aerial (Ciel) -- Pokemon G/S/C Vs Johto Gym Leader Remix by VanilluxePavilion

2. Antennae (Bennett) -- Pokémon OR/AS Remix: Vs. Wally by RetroSpecter

3. Authority (Sigmund) -- Pokémon Black and White 2: Colress Battle Remix by GlitchxCity

4. Braver (Victoria) -- Pokkén Tournament- Magikarp Festival Remix by GlitchxCity

5. Caliente (Cal) -- OC ReMix #1640: Final Fantasy VII 'Lunatic Moon' [Cosmo Canyon] by zircon & Juan Medrano

6. Cascades (Flotsam Amaria) -- Vs Galarian Legendary Birds [Remix] - Pokemon Sword/Shield Crown Tundra by VanilluxePavilion

7. Checkmate (Radomus) -- Pokémon Sword & Shield - Peony Battle Music Remix by The Musical Ghost

8. Chill (Blake) -- OC ReMix #1636: Final Fantasy VII 'JENOVA Celestial' [J-E-N-O-V-A] by bLiNd

9. Chimera (ZEL) -- Pokemon Platinum - Vs Giratina [Remix] by VanilluxePavilion

10. Complementary (Aster & Eclipse) -- Pokemon Dppt - Team Galactic Admin Remix by Kamex

11. Cyanide (Aya) -- Pokemon X and Y - Gym Leader Battle Theme Remix by Kamex

12. Deception (Ace) -- DELTARUNE- Attack of the Killer Queen (Remix) by GlitchxCity and CatchDalgo

13. Desert Rose (Florinia) -- Pokemon BW Relic Castle Remix by VanilluxePavilion

14. Desolation (Shiv) -- Touhou Remix Project: Wicked Child - Nue [Heian Alien] by DJ the S

15. Draconian (Saphira) -- Pokemon Black & White Legends (Intro Mix) by Cloud Arcanine

16. Dragonfly (Shelly) -- Pokémon RSE/ORAS Gym Leader Remix by FL.Remix

17. Drowning (Jetsam Amaria) -- Undertale - Heartache 【Intense Symphonic Metal Cover】 by FalKKonE

18. Faerie (Adrienn) -- Pokemon X and Y - Battle Vs. Diantha Remix by Kamex

19. Fireworks (Julia) -- Pokémon X and Y Shalour City Music - Gym Leader Remix by Legion Ivory

20. Freedom (Eve and Lumi) -- Pokemon Sword/Shield - Battle Tower (Toby Fox) Remix by Kamex

21. Growth (Laura) -- Defy the Legends - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Remix by Kamex

22. High Voltage (Arclight) -- Pokémon Sun/Moon: Battle! VS Marshadow (Fanmade) by Emdasche

23. Holy (Elias) -- Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Vs. Ho-Oh Remix by Kamex

24. Midnight (Anna) -- Pokémon X and Y Anistar City Music - Gym Leader Remix by Legion Ivory

25. Mirror (Serra) -- Battle! Lusamine (Pokémon Sun & Moon Remix) by Mewmore

26. Prodigy (Noel) -- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl- Legendary Battle Remix by GlitchxCity

27. Pyromania (Charlotte) -- Pokemon B/W - Vs Elite Four [Remix 2] by VanilluxePavilion

28. Quake (Terra) -- Pokemon XY Vs Team Flare Remix - "Interface" by VanilluxePavilion

29. Queen (Guardian Princess Titania) -- Erza's theme (from Fairy Tail OST) by Yasuharu Takanashi

30. Rejuvenation (Flora) -- Pokémon Rejuvenation- Gym Leader Battle Theme by GlitchxCity

31. Rockstar (Hardy) -- Pokémon Sun/Moon - Battle! VS Team Skull Leader Guzma (Fanmade) by Emdasche

32. Roost (Taka) -- Pokémon Sun and Moon- Rival Gladion Remix by GlitchxCity

33. Strongman (Samson) -- Pokemon ORAS "Battle! Magma Team / Aqua Team” Arrangement by Sony

34. Supreme (Solaris) -- Team Galactic Boss Cyrus Battle Theme | EPIC ORCHESTRAL REMIX by Galax Music

35. Thorns (Fern) -- Pokémon Gold and Silver- Rival Battle Theme Remix v.II by GlitchxCity

36. Threads (Luna) -- [Undertale Remix] SharaX - Spider Dance by SharaX

37. Titanium (Guardian Exile Titania) --Pokémon ORAS - Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia 【Intense Symphonic Metal Cover】 by FalKKonE

38. Toxicity (Corey) -- Pokémon R/S/E - Vs. Steven Remix by Kamex

39. Umbra (Zero) -- Pokemon USUM - Ultra Recon Squad Remix by Kamex and VanilluxePavilion

40. Vengeance (Sirius) -- Pokémon Black and White: Prince N Final Battle Remix by GlitchxCity

41. Venom (Cain) -- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire- Rival Battle Theme (Remix) by GlitchxCity

42. Void ("???") -- [Undertale Remix] SharaX - Dark Darker Yet Darker by SharaX

The tracks for the legendaries have all been taken from main series Pokemon game OSTs. They can be found in the playlist.

Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.10 (18-11-22):

- Reworked the Champion Defense and Nightclub components into a script mod (that also does some other things, like making Sigmund's theme play in the first battle against him)

- Changed Radomus and Flotsam Amaria's themes

v1.9 (11-11-22):

- Changed Arclight and Elias' themes

v1.8 (21-10-22):

- Added new themes for Solaris and Aster & Eclipse

- Changed Cain's theme

- Minor changes

v1.7 (24-08-22):

- Converted all the postgame legendary themes to looping versions

- Minor changes

v1.6 (20-07-22):

- Added themes for postgame legendaries

- Added a new theme for Zero

- Added Shelly's theme back

- Changed Charlotte and Laura's themes

- Took out Solaris' theme for the time being

- Minor changes

v1.5 (12-06-22):

- A typo fix and some minor changes

v1.3:

- Added the Nightclub component

v1.2:

- Added a new theme for Ace

- Gave Cain and Eve & Lumi their correct themes (had accidentally switched them oops)

- Minor changes

v1.1:

- Added the Champion Defense component

Changing tracks for yourself:

If you want to change some tracks for yourself, you can just go inside your game folder to Audio/BGM/ and replace the existing files with the ones you want (just make sure they're in .ogg format). You can look up which tracks belong to which characters in the list of tracks above.

Also this is the modified PBS file for anyone who needs it: trainertypes v1.10.4.txt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

This works for all stuff in E19. There are new tracks, but not as many as you might expect. I tried to work with what I already had and to not leave any of the base game tracks unused. I am open to suggestions if you find it's not quite up to the mark

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 12:28 AM, CaptainLex said:

However, do you know someone else who has made the V13 Rejuv custom music pack?  Or there is none yet? 

No, I haven't seen any on the forums.

Edit: @CaptainLex Just found that there actually is a V13 port:

3 hours ago, rolace said:

Please replace Charlotte's with something that isn't Megalovania lol

Charlotte has had that theme since way before. I'll think about it, but in the meantime, if you have an alternate track, you can go to the files and replace 'CBattle- Pyromania.ogg' with your file of the same name and it'll work

12 hours ago, Karvanha said:

Charlotte has had that theme since way before. I'll think about it, but in the meantime, if you have an alternate track, you can go to the files and replace 'CBattle- Pyromania.ogg' with your file of the same name and it'll work

Yeah fair enough, I had the same sentiment towards this pack last version. Megalovania is just way too meme-y. For Charlotte's I was thinking something like this

Also TBH I liked Radomus' Checkmate theme in the last version more as well. It's a lot more tense than this current one if you ask me. I think I'd put the Gooseworx cover as Terra's song instead since a circus-sounding tune would fit her. (Obviously not forcing you btw, just giving my opinion)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:09 PM, Crickzilla said:

Hmm, Did I forgot to suggest the theme for Anomaly Naganadel? I'm not sure if the Arceus theme for the true final battle was needed.

Naganadel is a different kind of anomaly than the rest (the battle is basically VS Lin) so I think we can leave it as is, and yes, the Arceus theme was not needed, which is why I did not include it

• 3 weeks later...

The game requires .opp audio files.  When I converted some of the .mp3 files that came with the ep18 battle music pack and renamed them to get properly referenced, they didn't play at all.  I was wondering if there's a proper way to get audio files into compatible .opp format for Reborn.

48 minutes ago, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

The game requires .opp audio files.  When I converted some of the .mp3 files that came with the ep18 battle music pack and renamed them to get properly referenced, they didn't play at all.  I was wondering if there's a proper way to get audio files into compatible .opp format for Reborn.

I used this tool. There's a limit of two conversions at a time, but it goes pretty quickly