If you were the developer of Pokémon Reborn

Gyaradoskiller

That's not...very difficult you just have to be lucky or have enough time (the first move is always yours so you can use a ball right away or a sleep move with a fast pokemon)

taunt could work too, 50% chance it uses one of the tauntable moves

Its catch rate of 3, however, would still leave it mostly up to luck as to whether or not you would catch it. Never mind what you would do if it evaded all your attempts... and woke up, while still under Taunt.

(You could just bring Damp to prevent Explosion as well, but there's not much I can do about that without giving it, say, Magic Bounce, as well.

...Actually, yes, let's do that.)

Edit: Post #666. I feel delighted.

Edited by Lost Lore

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those TM's will be available after, probably after the E4. And that job should be as frustrating as earnig money with a pickup team with a Pay Day Meowth, or coversing oran berries into Moo Moo milk with 50$ profit/berry (or maybe not, but make the job morally questionnable/disgusting, and let G.Gardevoir report about it. Let's see who are the horrible people around here.)

And also, why not make Arceus discard El like he's worthless, making El realize his errors, and have him redeem himself (maybe by sacrificing himself? Losing one's faith can be very devastating, exploring that loss would, in my opinion, add to the story)? Unless Ame plans to do that with Fern, the gr*******

Your right I should keep him alive but I don't think he would lose his faith but try to atone for his sins slowly becoming a good shepard in the process. If I was going have him sacrifice himself I would probably have take down that guy with garchomp Gandalf style

If I was the developer of Pokemon Reborn, I would bring back the ability to buy Magikarp at the beginning BUT, it would have an un-unequipable Everstone. :]

But if you limit the pokemon you can get you lessen the experience of playing a pokemon game and the meta game can become stale, not to mention the poor, poor newcomer who's favorite just happens to be Garaydos... (sorry in advance if there is a another magikarp)

Edited by The Swordsman

If I were the developer, I'd love to be truly evil and have the main protagonist (i.e our character) die.

Yes I am deadly serious I would like to see us killed.

It doesn't have to be gruesome or anything, just that we die. To me it makes a great deal of sense seeing as team meteor do not mess around too much and they must be sick of us thwarting all their plans by now. Maybe when we first use fly or something we run into Lin and her hydreigon shoots us out of the sky with a draco meteor or something. Then we wake up in some kind of limbo/afterlife where we walk around battling ghost type pokemon, looking for a way back into the world of the living.

We eventually find an exit, only for shade to confront us and demand that we beat him if we wish to return. We then have to fight him on some kind of special afterlife field that changes the types of all our pokemon to have them also be ghost types so that his entire team hits ours for SE damage. The field effect should also damage normal types as it would be a bit too easy to bring a team full of normal types in to bypass the field effect.

It would also really put the reborn into pokemon reborn now wouldn't it? :P

Basically its something unlikely to be found in any pokemon game, we would get to see more of shade and his interactions with the world of reborn, and it would fit in with ame making a truly difficult game.

If I were the developer, I'd love to be truly evil and have the main protagonist (i.e our character) die.

It doesn't have to be gruesome or anything, just that we die. To me it makes a great deal of sense seeing as team meteor do not mess around too much and they must be sick of us thwarting all their plans by now. Maybe when we first use fly or something we run into Lin and her hydreigon shoots us out of the sky with a draco meteor or something. Then we wake up in some kind of limbo/afterlife where we walk around battling ghost type pokemon, looking for a way back into the world of the living.

We eventually find an exit, only for shade to confront us and demand that we beat him if we wish to return. We then have to fight him on some kind of special afterlife field that changes the types of all our pokemon to have them also be ghost types so that his entire team hits ours for SE damage. The field effect should also damage normal types as it would be a bit too easy to bring a team full of normal types in to bypass the field effect.

Basically its something unlikely to be found in any pokemon game, we would get to see more of shade and his interactions with the world of reborn, and it would fit in with ame making a truly difficult game.

I don't know how viable that is but wow. That is a really good idea. What if we die for good in the ending?

You know, I was thinking the same thing several days ago.

Edited by MetalKing1417

That makes me think a bit about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue team. If you played it, you probably know which part in the story.

When Gengar dragged you back from the 'World of Shadows' or so...

A bit similar, don't you think?

Edited by laggless01

Wow it suddenly got dark in here...

and do we need to make anymore difficult? :blink:

Its a good idea but there needs to have Arceus (the real thing) in some capacity, it be weird to be in the afterlife without God.

How about an afterlife with Giratina (a.k.a. PokéSatan)?

You ask why?

For the glory of Giratina of course!

Anyway, I recently noticed quite a huge lack of minable stones past Agate Circus. Like, just a few in the part of Citrine mountain we can only access past Agate, but yeah. That.

I'd put in more stones.

I don't know why so much people consider Girantina as "Pokesatan"

The Banished Pokemon theme has nothing to do with the "Fallen angel that became the satan" thing

Yes it's banished b/c of it's violence but it's more b/c it's theme is like the Time/Space one the Different/Parallel World - Antimatter one

The Different/Parallel World themed pokemon must be live on that Different/Parallel Universe not in the same

I don't know why so much people consider Girantina as "Pokesatan"

The Banished Pokemon theme has nothing to do with the "Fallen angel that became the satan" thing

Yes it's banished b/c of it's violence but it's more b/c it's theme is like the Time/Space one the Different/Parallel World - Antimatter one

The Different/Parallel World themed pokemon must be live on that Different/Parallel Universe not in the same

It are the references in its story and design.

from 1:54 onward. Edited by laggless01

I feel giratina is lord of dimensions, while the other two are space and time, also think the three fairy looking pokemon to summon them could represent parodies the three fairy goddess of legend of Zelda, uxie with knowledge or wisdom, azelf with willpower or courage, while mesprit has emotion that doesn't fit power but that's all I got, also this isn't dealing with the main topic so lets change the subject lol

Wait a minute...Didn't Ash become friends or so with giratina in one of the films?

So if it is the pokemon devil...then...

*puts blackglasses off*

No way...

He sold his soul to the PokéDevil to catch them all and become Champion and someone hasn't held to his part of the bargain yet.

Yeah! Thats a super great idea. The Protagonist dies, gets send to the shadow realm Giratinas Dimension, has to catch it, needs to make some bad things so Arceus finds out, then beat Arceus so he will bring you back to life, if you promise not to do anything bad anymore xD jk.

Ame, if you read this could you add maybe some more sidestories in the next Episode, like these funny ones with the kid and his "dead parents" or some sad ones like finding the officers and getting some cool gifts from these side quests. I miss these brutal and sad parts of reborn, like when all these people died in the beginning or that scary part in the forest where the gym leader and some friends were strangled by trees. Or when a certain gym Leader died. That was really sad :/ I hope you bring things like that back soon because I didnt had the chills recently - Eclipse didnt really do the job, like Correy and Kiki did. I loved the kidnapping in the orphanage because it made you feel angry and helpless because the Dr. had the right to take the kids. Please make more stuff like that :D
Things I would really like to see in a new episode is at least one good new TM, some funny battles (like that abra level 100), some reaaaally sad part in the main storie and many different sidestories with items and pokemons as gifts for doing them, like Snivy or Chimchar. I really like the Retro-colored Porygon and it would be cool if there would be some new different coloured pokemon other than the coloured shinys.
Oh and I would appreciate some special Background music just for certain scenes (like Deaths, Victories, etc.).
Combined with that storyline, this would totaly send chills down my spine :D Maybe ask GlitchxCity for some, like a new fanmade Wally theme (the one from ORAS was pretty neat ;3)

The gym/meteor leader battles however are just insane and so cool. I really like them and I hope they will get even harder. I dont care what other think. I beat Charlotte before the Ninetailes <-> Darmanitan change and it was one of the funniest battles I had. Terra was pretty weak compared to charlotte. I hope there will be more double battles in gyms, because the single ones are too easy.
I really would love to see some insane tactics, insanely strong pokemon and insanely good items used like in the gym battle against Noel, BEFORE you changed his team and make him look like an actual little boy. Hell! I dont care if you break the game and give someone a Sturdy Shedninja. If the people dont know how to deal with such a pokemon, they shouldnt have gotten this far in first place xD
No, but srs. I just loveee the high AI and these strong pokemon. This is the best Pokemon Hack ever and I'm checkin literally everyday if there is a new episode out. So dammit! Do your job and keep making this insanely good episodes, because E14 was very original but too short.

Edited by Kemotatnew

Yeah! Thats a super great idea. The Protagonist dies, gets send to the shadow realm Giratinas Dimension, has to catch it, needs to make some bad things so Arceus finds out, then beat Arceus so he will bring you back to life, if you promise not to do anything bad anymore xD jk.

Ame, if you read this could you add maybe some more sidestories in the next Episode, like these funny ones with the kid and his "dead parents" or some sad ones like finding the officers and getting some cool gifts from these side quests. I miss these brutal and sad parts of reborn, like when all these people died in the beginning or that scary part in the forest where the gym leader and some friends were strangled by trees. Or when a certain gym Leader died. That was really sad :/ I hope you bring things like that back soon because I didnt had the chills recently - Eclipse didnt really do the job, like Correy and Kiki did. I loved the kidnapping in the orphanage because it made you feel angry and helpless because the Dr. had the right to take the kids. Please make more stuff like that :D

Things I would really like to see in a new episode is at least one good new TM, some funny battles (like that abra level 100), some reaaaally sad part in the main storie and many different sidestories with items and pokemons as gifts for doing them, like Snivy or Chimchar. I really like the Retro-colored Porygon and it would be cool if there would be some new different coloured pokemon other than the coloured shinys.

Oh and I would appreciate some special Background music just for certain scenes (like Deaths, Victories, etc.).

Combined with that storyline, this would totaly send chills down my spine :D Maybe ask GlitchxCity for some, like a new fanmade Wally theme (the one from ORAS was pretty neat ;3)

The gym/meteor leader battles however are just insane and so cool. I really like them and I hope they will get even harder. I dont care what other think. I beat Charlotte before the Ninetailes <-> Darmanitan change and it was one of the funniest battles I had. Terra was pretty weak compared to charlotte. I hope there will be more double battles in gyms, because the single ones are too easy.

I really would love to see some insane tactics, insanely strong pokemon and insanely good items used like in the gym battle against Noel, BEFORE you changed his team and make him look like an actual little boy. Hell! I dont care if you break the game and give someone a Sturdy Shedninja. If the people dont know how to deal with such a pokemon, they shouldnt have gotten this far in first place xD

No, but srs. I just loveee the high AI and these strong pokemon. This is the best Pokemon Hack ever and I'm checkin literally everyday if there is a new episode out. So dammit! Do your job and keep making this insanely good episodes, because E14 was very original but too short.

It's not a hack, but I support your notion for some more side-stories. We have some going on, but even if they show how impacting the events were on individuals, we should get a stronger feeling about how messed up it made the whole. That size of scale hasn't been implemented in-game, except mainly at the beginning with the PULSE Tangrowths. Maybe some more environmental changes should be implemented?

(Byxbysion Wasteland didn't feel like a sprawling place (maybe due to restricted movement, contrary to the city), so I didn't feel that bad of it being a toxic wasteland).

We have quite an amount of small stories, but not yet big ones...Hopefully they'll come in the future...

Something that would REALLY improve the gameplay is if the Daycare was next to a place that had a long road next to it, like I dunno, the train tracks from the Station to the Desert Gates?

maybe the iolia valley crystals could effect a amethyst crystal sends you into a long pointless path around the day care, it will help with the daycare that people want but not effect the actual game, plus it effects it later on in the game where people may forget about it

During that dreadful stealth section(sorry but I loathe stealth segments in non-stealth games) have it so that they take away your pokemon and you have to retrieve them back on the way back up. Like as it stands it doesn't make much sense that they lock you up WITH your pokemon still on hand which logically would make escaping easy. It's another reason I don't like that section as even within the context of the game there's little reason you couldn't just bust out your mons on that floor and go to town especially since you can battle just fine on the next one. The stealth element felt rather forced and even nonsensical. Them taking away your pokemon would at least give you a good reason to be sneaking around.

Well one big problem with that is it's not really feasible to take all pokemon out of the players party. Nor is there somewhere that they can be easily 'stored' that's not accessible by the player (like the PC) but that wouldn't make sense either. I'm sure with very extensive coding, something could be done, but it's not really worth all of the trouble, sorry to say.