If you were the developer of Pokémon Reborn

Gyaradoskiller

i haven't been playing cause i'm still trying to figure out if the game is too mature for me, but i still love the game, and like sharing ideas, so here goes. plus, maybe i'll find a way to have a friend play passed the rough story parts that are left or do come, so yea.

i would make an item called safety net, or something. it would stop the pokemon from fleeing or roaring, and keep them at 1 hp. now, this item may not work for legendaries. that way, if anybody finds it fun to hunt the ones that run, this item wouldn't ruin that fun. i would make this item mainly with shinies in mind. that way, if a shiny uses self destruct or double edge, they'll stay at 1 hp. there's a little twisty logic about it, though. like, what if you run out of pokeballs? would the pokemon remain in your net as an npc so you could buy pokeballs, and come back? while that sounds possibly neat, idk if it bends the universe of the game too much. but, if i did do this trap thing, i'd make it where once you left the area to buy, the pokemon would recover to 100%, that way you have to fight all over again, and it kinda gives some of that challenge back. also, there's the feeling that you're trapping a pokemon alone by itself with no company.. so, i'd maybe have the net turn into a little home instead, when you ran. it would have food inside that you could maybe stock, and now that that pokemon has marked its territory there, you can lure that exact 1 back to the home with the berries, or whatever. so, that definitely explains how the pokemon could be at 100% when you returned. this sounds like a lot to do, but if i were a developer, i would personally try this idea to kinda eliminate the dread of losing a shiny catch forever. i know the shiny rate is raised and all, but still. if you're me, you could be pretty crushed if it was 1 of your favorite team choice pokemon, and there's still no telling how long it could take to find another again, if it selfdestructed or used roar. well, i think my idea is sweet and cute, so even if it's flawed somehow, it's worth sharing.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't been playing cause i'm still trying to figure out if the game is too mature for me, but i still love the game, and like sharing ideas, so here goes. plus, maybe i'll find a way to have a friend play passed the rough story parts that are left or do come, so yea.

i would make an item called safety net, or something. it would stop the pokemon from fleeing or roaring, and keep them at 1 hp. now, this item may not work for legendaries. that way, if anybody finds it fun to hunt the ones that run, this item wouldn't ruin that fun. i would make this item mainly with shinies in mind. that way, if a shiny uses self destruct or double edge, they'll stay at 1 hp. there's a little twisty logic about it, though. like, what if you run out of pokeballs? would the pokemon remain in your net as an npc so you could buy pokeballs, and come back? while that sounds possibly neat, idk if it bends the universe of the game too much. but, if i did do this trap thing, i'd make it where once you left the area to buy, the pokemon would recover to 100%, that way you have to fight all over again, and it kinda gives some of that challenge back. also, there's the feeling that you're trapping a pokemon alone by itself with no company.. so, i'd maybe have the net turn into a little home instead, when you ran. it would have food inside that you could maybe stock, and now that that pokemon has marked its territory there, you can lure that exact 1 back to the home with the berries, or whatever. so, that definitely explains how the pokemon could be at 100% when you returned. this sounds like a lot to do, but if i were a developer, i would personally try this idea to kinda eliminate the dread of losing a shiny catch forever. i know the shiny rate is raised and all, but still. if you're me, you could be pretty crushed if it was 1 of your favorite team choice pokemon, and there's still no telling how long it could take to find another again, if it selfdestructed or used roar. well, i think my idea is sweet and cute, so even if it's flawed somehow, it's worth sharing.

That would be...an incredible pain to implement, I think. All the possibilities for bugs, just thinking about it makes me...aaargh...even programming in college didn't gave such hard exercises on exams.

It would be an intersting idea, however. Perhaps if there would be difficulty settings, this item might be nice for the easier modes to be accessible.

How about using Reborn City's tenants as secret bases? Just a thought. Maybe make it so you can also see other people's tenants as well. Perhaps you can battle their in-game teams but that would make grinding too easy if they are high leveled. It could be a post game thing maybe.

Also what about trainer customization?

;how about a item im calling a "reborn candy", it only works on fainted pokemon but it will revive them but at the cost of a level(cant be used during battle), it will give the option to have revives but give it a downside, I would make it cost closer to rare candy to keep people from buying to many aswell, nor would I allow it to bring full hp, maybe a quarter to half instead

oh 20stalks nice to meet you, if you want you can introduce yourself on one of the pages.....I forgot which

How about an option to sort items? Doesn't even have to be by type of item (e.g. all type gems together), even alphabetically would be great.

But you can sort Item, all of them. It will just take a long time. Because you can select an item press shift so you get a red line around and then move the item to the place you wan't. I personaly have done this to my main item, so they are always close.

Ohh, I just tougth of something. Wouldn't it be nice some sightseeing points. Like places one can get a option to press x and have a look at what the character is looking at. Just a nice picture. Just to lighten up the ever so dark Reborn. Standing on top on Ametrine Mountain, looking down at the city. Thinking that's were I began and now I am here. I think that would make me more a part of Reborn. Would make me feel it more. But my god don't put a murder up in my face. The nigthmares!

But you can sort Item, all of them. It will just take a long time. Because you can select an item press shift so you get a red line around and then move the item to the place you wan't. I personaly have done this to my main item, so they are always close.

Ohh, I just tougth of something. Wouldn't it be nice some sightseeing points. Like places one can get a option to press x and have a look at what the character is looking at. Just a nice picture. Just to lighten up the ever so dark Reborn. Standing on top on Ametrine Mountain, looking down at the city. Thinking that's were I began and now I am here. I think that would make me more a part of Reborn. Would make me feel it more. But my god don't put a murder up in my face. The nigthmares!

...And then Ame decides to make Corey's jump site a sightseeing spot...Rivetting...

After watching Shofu´s let´s play I would give the player an Item which would explain the field effects. We have the library but there is no way to acces it after arriving at the Agate circus. Also making it alot clearer what happens on certain terrain like switching out some of the fancy text (for example Big Top: Extravagant aerial finish at the end of the attack to Pokemon waits for the openent to attack after going up in the air) or adding additional text (For examle Rocky Field: after using Earthquake, Rock climb, Magnitude or Strenght "Rocks are caught in the attack" or in case of Stealth Rocks "A lot of rocks are floating in the air").

Also I would add 4th gen battle mechanic but this something which probably only the developer of Essentials can do.

Edited by Yazmat

After watching Shofu´s let´s play I would give the player an Item which would explain the field effects. We have the library but there is no way to acces it after arriving at the Agate circus. Also making it alot clearer what happens on certain terrain like switching out some of the fancy text (for example Big Top: Extravagant aerial finish at the end of the attack to Pokemon waits for the openent to attack after going up in the air) or adding additional text (For examle Rocky Field: after using Earthquake, Rock climb, Magnitude or Strenght "Rocks are caught in the attack" or in case of Stealth Rocks "A lot of rocks are floating in the air").

Also I would add 4th gen battle mechanic but this something which probably only the developer of Essentials can do.

Or, you could just read on the website or the Field Effects manual in the Reborn folder.... Putting all that text will get old really fast.

What do you mean by '4th gen battle mechanics'

What do you mean by '4th gen battle mechanics'

He means when a pokemon faints, the next pokemon is sent out immediately. These are gen 3 mechanics. Gen 4 fixed them, so when a pokemon faints, the incoming move does nothing if it was going to affect the target.

So essentially,

Double battle. Charizard and Venusaur vs Pikachu and Blastoise.

Blastoise faints Charry, and the player will be prompted to bring another mon in. If Pikachu used an offensive move, it will affect the incoming pokemon, which is stupid overall.

If I was the developer for Reborn I would add a small group of Old Team Plasma grunts to join, (the goal to forcefully liberate abused pokemon from their abusive trainers and taking care of lost and abandoned pokemon, their base would be an actual church just like in PW2) make all the pokemon that aren't lengendaries available, include all the TMs, (with the useful ones being sold at ridiculous prices) balance the game so almost any team can win the game you just have to earn it, (if balancing this game isn't possible I'd include a easy mode) let players earn money via a job mini game (which is made to be the most boring and frustrating mini game in the history of mini games on purpose) and finally...

El will find out painfully that Arceus doesn't like what El has done in his name.

If I was the developer for Reborn I would add a small group of Old Team Plasma grunts to join, (the goal to forcefully liberate abused pokemon from their abusive trainers and taking care of lost and abandoned pokemon, their base would be an actual church just like in PW2) make all the pokemon that aren't lengendaries available, include all the TMs, (with the useful ones being sold at ridiculous prices) balance the game so almost any team can win the game you just have to earn it, (if balancing this game isn't possible I'd include a easy mode) let players earn money via a job mini game (which is made to be the most boring and frustrating mini game in the history of mini games on purpose) and finally...

El will find out painfully that Arceus doesn't like what El has done in his name.

those TM's will be available after, probably after the E4. And that job should be as frustrating as earnig money with a pickup team with a Pay Day Meowth, or coversing oran berries into Moo Moo milk with 50$ profit/berry (or maybe not, but make the job morally questionnable/disgusting, and let G.Gardevoir report about it. Let's see who are the horrible people around here.)

And also, why not make Arceus discard El like he's worthless, making El realize his errors, and have him redeem himself (maybe by sacrificing himself? Losing one's faith can be very devastating, exploring that loss would, in my opinion, add to the story)? Unless Ame plans to do that with Fern, the gr*******

Edited by laggless01

• Administrators

Give better spots for grinding up for gym leaders who have levels 10-20 above you

20 is a bit much... but regardless, grinding should not be the solution. That's not the goal of this game.

He means when a pokemon faints, the next pokemon is sent out immediately. These are gen 3 mechanics. Gen 4 fixed them, so when a pokemon faints, the incoming move does nothing if it was going to affect the target.

So essentially,

Double battle. Charizard and Venusaur vs Pikachu and Blastoise.

Blastoise faints Charry, and the player will be prompted to bring another mon in. If Pikachu used an offensive move, it will affect the incoming pokemon, which is stupid overall.

Actually, this has been corrected by us, and by the newer versions of Essentials in turn

If I was the developer of Pokemon Reborn, I would bring back the ability to buy Magikarp at the beginning BUT, it would have an un-unequipable Everstone. :]

And so every player slightly sighed and marched off to the daycare.

Oh shoot the idea of the Daycare flew over my head! Wow I feel dumb now.

Nah, don't give up so easily! All you have to do is make the Magikarp always male, and incompatible with Ditto. :)

@Thread:

Firstly, Dratini would be obtainable. To get it, however, you would have to fight a pair of level 100 Dragonite.

Secondly, all of the protags would have fancy hats, and no one would ever question it. And I mean ever.

And finally, I'd give Beldum the following moves, but only while you're battling it: Take Down, Perish Song, Memento, Explosion. They would default back to just Take Down if by some miracle you actually managed to catch it.

And finally, I'd give Beldum the following moves, but only while you're battling it: Take Down, Perish Song, Memento, Explosion. They would default back to just Take Down if by some miracle you actually managed to catch it.

That's not...very difficult you just have to be lucky or have enough time (the first move is always yours so you can use a ball right away or a sleep move with a fast pokemon)