Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

I dont know if this belongs here but i need HELP, but my exp share might be gone! :(

Marius

Question

So i recently fed i luxray to get type null, and that Luxray had an exp share on it, so I was wondering does she just feed it with the exp share, is my exp share gone forever now?! And is there a way to go back to previous saves? Please respond as soon as possible and thanks in advance

Edited by Marius

20 answers to this question

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a second exp. share available in the game, but there are a couple ways you can get one.
First of all, you can just load back up from a previous save. To do that, you need to go to your User/Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn folder, scroll all the way down to find your latest saves, delete the save named "Game.rxdata" and rename the previous one to Game.rxdata. You can keep doing this until you're back to the point where you had the exp. share.
Alternatively, you can also use a debug mod to just add it back into your game.
Or I can just trade you a random mon holding it, just let me know.

I did that and unfortunately it just straight up deleted the game, so I have to start over again :( do you have any soloution to this or is it done? Did I do something wrong here? I deleted the file and renamed the other file game.rxdata, but when I tried to open it it was a new save file

Edited by Marius

That shouldn't have deleted all your progress, so you might have accidentally deleted more than you intended. Make sure that both the game folder and the previous saves folder are in User/Saved Games. Then get the latest save and rename it to Game.rxdata (make sure there are no spelling errors or an uncapitalized G). If after that, it still asks you to start a new game, just restore the one you deleted from your Recycle Bin and I'll trade you an exp. share myself.

Ok go to your Menu>Pokegear>Online Play. Then it will probably ask you to register since you haven't done that before, so pick a name and password you can remember since you will need them in case you want to trade again in the future. After that go to Trade> Request Trade and type in my name. Make sure you have a mon you don't want in your party so you can trade that one.

8 hours ago, Marius said:

I did that and unfortunately it just straight up deleted the game, so I have to start over again :( do you have any soloution to this or is it done? Did I do something wrong here? I deleted the file and renamed the other file game.rxdata, but when I tried to open it it was a new save file

I know this has been fixed by trading, but to be clear the issue is probably that you renamed the file Game.rxdata.

This is incorrect. The “.rxdata” is not part of the name, it’s the file type. Like “.doc” is for a word document. The correct name is just “Game” without quotations. The other name is read by the computer as “Game.rxdata.rxdata”, which will not work.

15 hours ago, Marius said:

Hey I saw this way you late but I thought reborn was a completed game, is it possible to beat the champion in episode 18? Thank you btw for letting me know about the exp share thing @TheRK9

Nope but the last update is close

There is a dev blog but right now they are on alpha testing I believe

On 3/18/2022 at 5:52 PM, Marius said:

Hey I saw this way you late but I thought reborn was a completed game, is it possible to beat the champion in episode 18? Thank you btw for letting me know about the exp share thing @TheRK9

Kinda just relaying what Starry Knight said, but no, the game isn't finished. It is currently playable until the 17th gym, after which the story doesn't progress. The final episode, including the last gym, the elite four, champion etc., along with everything postgame will be released sometime during the upcoming months. Beta testing just started a few days ago, so it's not that long left.