Valarie in Mono Fairy is harder then she sounds...

pizzagod13

I did this fight just now in my no bag items, set mode run, and oh boy was she the hardest fight so far. Seriously she has so many poison type moves, and the Dewgong is a nightmare. Took me about 2 hours of attempts, no joke. Also, sorry for misspelling Pokemon names... 

Here is how I won, for anyone who decides to do a mono fairy in the future.

Start with Mawile, trained in Attack and Speed, you need to get at least one defense drop with crunch on her Quilfish in your first two attacks or you lose. with my IVs, I could survive 2 waterfalls, oh and if you get flinched its gg also. After you get it low enough just let Mawile faint and send something tanky in. The best I had was Wigglytuff (yes really), I survived another poison jab, then use body slam to finish her off, this is a damage roll, so good luck (which is also why you NEED the defense drop).

Then she sent out Floatzel, I just let it kill my Wigglytuff, then sent in Shiinotic (defense, hp), ice punch from the floatzel will do about half, so as long as you don't get frozen you will be fine (this happened to me like 4 times btw), just use spore to put it to sleep then strength sap to heal back up to full, kill it with giga drain, but if it wakes up spore it again and strength sap, you NEED max hp. 

She sent out Dewgong next, which is a big problem, swap into Deedene, and use parabolic charge, she will likely switch out into Seaking, which gets lightning rod for some reason, at this point, just spam flash or charm, if you don't have flash, until you faint. Then send in Shiinotic. With my EV/IVs mine took about 100 damage from poison jab, but it might be different for you. Anyway, use the spore + Strength sap + giga drain combo again, and try to have max hp. 

At this point, I think she sent in Primarina but I can't remember, it has ice beam which can be a bit scary but if you are high hp you should live, just use the combo again. After this she will send out Lanturn, which is little threat, just use the combo again. Lastly, she sent back out Dewgong, stay in until it toxics you, and in the meanwhile hit it with giga drain/moon blast (you need to evolve it after it learns this move, since its lower form gets it at 39), then swap. If the Dewgong is hurt it will go for rest, so use this chance to switch in Primarina, and trap it into rest with encore. Count it's rest uses (it has 10), and in the meanwhile use shadow ball, you need 1 special defense drop. Once it runs out of rest, switch to Sparkling Aria, since it does a lot of damage with the field, if you got the special defense drop it should go down pretty fast.

And that is how I got the 5th badge, if that one is hard, then I can't imagine how much the rest are gonna suck... 

Hey Mate, I feel you! I did a Rock-Mono of the game (normal mode, no items in battle, on setmode) und the hardest gymleader for me was surprisingly Erick. Didn't see that coming at all.

I thought Valerie would be my biggest nightmare, but compared to Erick she was outright docile.^^

Took 3 tries for Valerie and my own 2 hours for Erick. Madness :D

. . .  I love this game 😶

4 hours ago, Pokeman54 said:

did a poison monotype run a few months ago and Ryland and Saki were just insane.
Now I'm considering doing an ice monotype run.

I  did a posion monorun too and saki and ryland were the most problematic but i used potions so it was a little less tedious but never knew forrgetting to take a bugnium z was a mistake i had to resort to using swalot with crest to make aggron and bronzong  waste the seed