So I'm back to this wonderful game!!!!!

narutoDkurosaki

This would be the fourth time I'm playing this game. The last time I played it was back in 2020 and had to abandon the game because my professional career took off and also because of covid. I don't remember much but a bunch of characters, some dude named creawli who was giving me trouble, some valor mountain, a separate island which was surrounded by deoxys clones I believe, some time travel maybe someone named melia as well I think. So has anything changed ? the game completed or still remaining yet to finish ?

• Global Mods

The current version now has 15/18 gyms, the latest generation of pokemon, new visual/QoL updates, and revamps/polishing to a bunch of that early-midgame content. So yeah I'd say a decent amount has changed.

5 minutes ago, Dreamy said:

The current version now has 15/18 gyms, the latest generation of pokemon, new visual/QoL updates, and revamps/polishing to a bunch of that early-midgame content. So yeah I'd say a decent amount has changed.

Damn that's a lot of content for me. This could be the game that takes the mind of my work and my other competitive games then. Last I remember there was like 8 gyms or something so lots of unexplored content. Also which is the best starter to choose now. I would assume torracat or 1 of the gen 8 starters would be the best option to choose from?

23 minutes ago, Dreamy said:

Torchic is still pretty much the univeral 'easymode' pick because bulk up + speed boost can just solo a vast quantity of singles fights.

that would make the game stale then for me. Just began the game the opening cutscene with maria is new. I don't understand this personality test thing and that's new as well also what is this password thing at the beginning as well.

2 hours ago, narutoDkurosaki said:

that would make the game stale then for me. Just began the game the opening cutscene with maria is new. I don't understand this personality test thing and that's new as well also what is this password thing at the beginning as well.

its basically just like from the pokemon mystery dungeon games, you can opt to fill out the quiz and get your character sprite assigned much like how the quiz in mystery dungeon assigns you your pokemon or you can just opt to skip the quiz and choose for yourself......... note it doesnt (at least not to my knowledge) impact anything story related regardless of if you opt to skip said quiz or not

Aceburn is a particularly strong starter this time around, and depending on what mode of the game you play, you could really end up using the extra help. Rillaboom is also a fine pick but keep in mind they have changed the way fields work in game- terrain moves like grassy terrain do not get rid of an existing field but stacks with it. (ie grassy surge in a factory field will lead to the field having the effects of both factory field + grassy terrain)

45 minutes ago, Shinano said:

Aceburn is a particularly strong starter this time around, and depending on what mode of the game you play, you could really end up using the extra help. Rillaboom is also a fine pick but keep in mind they have changed the way fields work in game- terrain moves like grassy terrain do not get rid of an existing field but stacks with it. (ie grassy surge in a factory field will lead to the field having the effects of both factory field + grassy terrain)

stacking the terrrain on to a beneficial field is kind of op libero cinderace is really good for the game its good speed and attack is really great if you are lucky with good iv speed 

it will be great and on situations one of best

On 2/17/2022 at 12:05 AM, Ram Cxz 007 said:

stacking the terrrain on to a beneficial field is kind of op libero cinderace is really good for the game its good speed and attack is really great if you are lucky with good iv speed 

it will be great and on situations one of best

Oops I just realised I used the localised Japanese name instead of Cinderace, thank you for clarifying it for me ^^

23 minutes ago, Shinano said:

Oops I just realised I used the localised Japanese name instead of Cinderace, thank you for clarifying it for me ^^

OH you used Aceburn i didnt noticed. for some reason knew it was cinderace (may be from watching anime) i think most starters are very strong themselves blastoise after getting shellsmash is one of the greatest starters for that reason they removed its mega stone i still have it from my v12 savefile that thing is OP

On 2/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, Shinano said:

took charmander because I know him the best but seems like I'm stuck at the third gym with no idea how to proceed forward. Also can some tell me why hyposis from stantler keeps on landing I've yet to see a miss from that one.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:52 AM, narutoDkurosaki said:

took charmander because I know him the best but seems like I'm stuck at the third gym with no idea how to proceed forward. Also can some tell me why hyposis from stantler keeps on landing I've yet to see a miss from that one.

some fields boost the accuracy of moves like hypnosis and stuff. I would advise you to check field effects manual whenever a battle is hard because there has been quite an overhaul to the whole system and some effects have been changed and updated.