Tramon81

So I've been testing as my first run of the game wether it can be consistently be completed in a proffesor oak challenge, and I obtained the mining kit a short while ago and learned that there's a set amount of rocks you can do this with. I find it a bit strange for this to be this way as not the original games nor many other fangames do this, a bit unnecesary and annoying but in a normal playthrough seems fair. I am currently just before the badge from the water leader and I find myself at a really uncomfortable spot... I have mined the introductury rocks in one go as I was advised so those are out... and I have around 5 or so ones available to me, 6 if we count the retry powder thingie. I feel that It could be beneficial for this feature to be made into something respawnable for the sakes of convenience and for maybe the possibility of a prof oak challenge ithout this random factor. Also I am aware that save retrying is a thing, but I fear that it may come to a point that I must search for the odds of a moon and a sun stone together only and the like... Thanks for your attention.

• Like 1

Oh right, good thing I wouldnt need much more than 4 in the end, mostly I am just bothered that, there is a chance i may be able to get a stone before the badge instead of, being unavailable before or after. I'm figuring I will need to have 4 moon stones and 2 sun stones aprox, so with the rocks I have available I need to get at least two of them to have both. And I believe I am limited to 4 moon stones or so, since surf is unavailable just before this badge and I only have one blast powder...

• Like 1

if you are completing the pokedex then in the approx 13 gym you will be able to buy the elementary stone(fire ,water, leaf and thunder)will be buyable along with sun and moon the others are available with some games except ice stone which is only one

Well i do have one kid over at Maman's who is selling leaf fire and water, so those are taken care of, and thunderstone is not something I'm not that worried about, there are like 3 pokemon that only evolve that way and the only one I got, Raichu I already evolved.

• Hmm 1

1 hour ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

if you are completing the pokedex then in the approx 13 gym you will be able to buy the elementary stone(fire ,water, leaf and thunder)will be buyable along with sun and moon the others are available with some games except ice stone which is only one

Well I am, but the thing about the challenge is doing it as much as I can before each badge. Btw, do you know if a rock can contain more than one evo stone, or does it count as a duplicate?

• Hmm 1

4 minutes ago, Tramon81 said:

Well I am, but the thing about the challenge is doing it as much as I can before each badge. Btw, do you know if a rock can contain more than one evo stone, or does it count as a duplicate?

if you meant can a mining rock contain more than one evo stones of the same type i think its possible but is extremely rare i think two different stones ca appear too

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

if you meant can a mining rock contain more than one evo stones of the same type i think its possible but is extremely rare i think two different stones ca appear too

Good, either case is good for me. In fact if the two are a possibility, it also helps my chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tramon81 said:

You know what, forget it, This is not a perfect run anyways, next time it's done via the rocks and I'll be careful with the first rocks, I'm going for single drops...

i think you shouldnt worry about the stones they are available anyways catch all the pokemon. you can .i finished 783/813 all the pokemon i saw and caught

1 minute ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

i think you shouldnt worry about the stones they are available anyways catch all the pokemon. you can .i finished 783/813 all the pokemon i saw and caught

I feel like you are missing some context, aren't you familiar with the professor oak challenge? I guess it is not that mainstream. Basically I have to fill my pokedex as much as possible before each badge. That means that each pokemon should be captured and evolved always whenever it may be a possibility, no matter how low. In games without level cap the main difficulty lies in getting high level evos in the first gym and early ones in general. Here, there are rare candies past a certain level for a pickup user but I chose to make it a softer not so strict one so only level cap and, as a compensation, every pockemon must reach said cap. Now I was planning on using the mining to my advantage but my chances are so low at this point in game that this falls under my freebie rule.

3 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

I meant that you could moon and sunstone without mining by using compound eye thief stratergy in the moon field area in phasial cave

Oh no wait, I see, Lunatone and Solrock. Well that's still after the water badge is given so I gotta fill my pokedex first. Altough that will be handy for after I get surf.

• Like 1