LETS TALK SLAKING AND TRAUNT ABILITY

Ziggz

Can we also talk with titles without all caps? But otherwise making Slaking work is more trouble than it's worth, you can use any other Normal type instead. If you truly are a Slaking connoiseur and are dead set on using him, your best bet would be using him to completely nuke 1 other pokemon from enemy team with Giga Impact and hope you live to see another use of it. In doubles there are a lot of ways to prolong his life like Follow Me, Wide Guard and such, but it's not worth it in general. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Can we also talk with titles without all caps? But otherwise making Slaking work is more trouble than it's worth, you can use any other Normal type instead. If you truly are a Slaking connoiseur and are dead set on using him, your best bet would be using him to completely nuke 1 other pokemon from enemy team with Giga Impact and hope you live to see another use of it. In doubles there are a lot of ways to prolong his life like Follow Me, Wide Guard and such, but it's not worth it in general. 

sorry about the titles, I put them in caps so everyone immediately sees what I post. Ive been using him to 1 shot rift pokemon and other bosses with FinalGambit

In singles I think your only choice is using a Cofagrigus along with it. The ordering goes like this

- Cofagrigus is sent out first with mummy as its ability
- Enemy hit Cofagrigus changing ITS ability to mummy
- You switch Cofagrigus out with Slaking (Ai *shouldn't* switch out just from having its ability changed)
- With Slaking use any contact making move. 
- Slaking now has Mummy instead of Truant.

Note if you have problems with Ai switching out AFTER switching in the Slowking run pursuit on him so you can hit them on the switch out to still grab the ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TopMop said:

n singles I think your only choice is using a Cofagrigus along with it. The ordering goes like this

- Cofagrigus is sent out first with mummy as its ability
- Enemy hit Cofagrigus changing ITS ability to mummy
- You switch Cofagrigus out with Slaking (Ai *shouldn't* switch out just from having its ability changed)
- With Slaking use any contact making move. 
- Slaking now has Mummy instead of Truant.

Note if you have problems with Ai switching out AFTER switching in the Slowking run pursuit on him so you can hit them on the switch out to still grab the ability.

ok thats a good way what do think the move set should be

I did do some theorycrafting when I noticed slakoth on the encounter list. You can only fix slaking in double battles, which happen every so often, using a weezing with the neutralizing gas ability, which you get in the Abandoned Sewers. If you don't mind wasting a turn, you can also use Entrainment to copy a double's partner's ability onto Slaking, I think, which is learned by Chingling and I think Lopunny. But in singles, there's no shot, and you shouldn't bother. And of course this doesn't work if it's a team up with an NPC. 

• Like 1

The balancing team is well aware of Truant's flaws, thus, Slaking's given fairly early on to the player.

Though it is most effective with a partner weezing, Slaking is quite usable regardless.

It is especially good against Adam's fight as the seed effect of inverse field allows Slaking to replace Truant with Normalize.

Aside from that, the Final Gambit shadow slakoth can easily take another problematic pokemon out with it. Due to the nature of AI, giga impact slaking would also often go unpunished.