Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

13 hours ago, EmereyShiro said:

Hey Fervis, just a quick question slightly unrelated to the mod but what's your overall opinion on the new gen 9 mons? Do you have a favorite so far?

skeledirge! by far!

fuecoco was my favourite of the starters, and i really hoped that its final evo will be great. It  definitely hit my preference with stats, type and design!

13 hours ago, EmereyShiro said:

Also, do you plan to add events for specific mons like the new legendaries or the paradox mons? Either way, very exciting to see you plan to add gen 9 in the future!

I'm thinking about either adding them as new Pokemon or making them new forms of the Pokemon they are based on. Ultimately that does not really impact players, so we will see! I also intend to make them bosses yeah (solaris might be pleased?), depending on how much of a workload this is gonna be.

5 hours ago, Rule9730 said:

Hey I was just wondering is there a downloadable text document with all the field notes effects with the changes you've made, because I always forget them mid battle.

Thanks for reminding! I will make a txt file for all changes and put it into the download when its done!

I vote for putting the new pokemon after the uranium pokemon as well so that there will be more compatibility with old versions. I also was wondering if you were going to include the 5 new ability changes including the new battle bond since it is basically a better version of moxie now? Here is a list of them if you are curious https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/updatedabilities.shtml.

Edited by Ultimas Prime

except for the battle bond ( which is actually not in the mod), the changes to the other abilities feel as if they would become less variable.I see that for protean it might be advantagous to stay at a type and still use other moves, but that's actually what makes protean interesting in my opinion. And that other moves only work once would make them quite useless in a strategic battle where switches are necessary.

5 hours ago, Rule9730 said:

Are you going to make hail into snow with 50% boost to ice defense like in scarlet and violet?

I'm not sure right now. I'm thinking about adding these effects to hail overall bt i don't know how difficult some fights may become (blake)

3 hours ago, Fervis said:

I'm not sure right now. I'm thinking about adding these effects to hail overall bt i don't know how difficult some fights may become (blake)

You don't have to worry about that actually. Icy Field and Snowy Mountain field already boost def by 50%.

In fact, Snowy Mountain boosts both Def and Sp. Def in the hail.

6 hours ago, Collectivemind30 said:

Is there a  weather and time mod that's compatible with this one? If so where can I find it?

you don't need a mod for that anymore. You just have to go to a PC with a data chip and put in the password 'weathermod'. With this you can change weather any time.

Also, using the password 'unrealtime' allows you to toggle it in the options. if toggled on, you can go into your pokegear and when hitting enter you can easily change the time as you wish.

• Like 1

Hello, I downloaded your mod and it seems like you deleted, modified, or removed Corey's trainer info from the database. It said "Please report this: 98 Corey 0". And said that Trainer Corey was not found. Please fix this/help me resolve this when you can, as it is not letting me progress with my playthrough. I already tried reinstalling, and that did not work. Thank you.

errorlog.txt

Edited by Nikey21

They all differ quite much. The usual distribution of pokemon encounters have a defininte percentage and I replaced some original encounters with uranium mons (and gen 8 etc.) so they don't have any specific chance to occur.

When looking at ratsy they have a very high chance encountering, but only in obsidia playground (you need the key), or in obsidia alleyways after restoration!

I recommend using the magnetic lure when catching new Pokemon, this helps quite a lot!

Hi Fervis, It's me again. I'm trying to fight Corey but the game crashes. That's the message:Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: RuntimeError
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Corey,"Borealis",_I("And so all is vanished."))

Is there a way to fix it?

Edited by Collectivemind30

it will be fixed wihtin the next update (which will be for testing some gen 9 things too, so it will take a while)

you can look at page 12, there is a srcipt you can download and just replace it in your folder, this will fix the issue for now!

Hello Fervis, I think I found another bug. Right now I'm in the glassworks and after fighting the first single battle after being hypnotised I think you are supposed to be healed for the double battle as shown in the flashback, when Bennet throws you some full restores. But the picture shows how my team looks at the start of the double battle. (Yes I lost my two glasscannons :/ )

Also Shellys Pokemon was named "Player" instead of my character name.

image.thumb.png.bed53b9767a7c615bd5088c06eb5f29e.png

Do you mean the "middle fight"? where you fight a single battle? if so, it is normal. You only get full restores from Bennet, meaning that all fainted Pokemon stay fainted. That's actually normal.

The only time you get fully healed and revived is after you beat Shelly and Cain, so you are healthy for the single fight. But afterwards you have to fight with the Pokemon you have left.

16 hours ago, Fervis said:

Do you mean the "middle fight"? where you fight a single battle? if so, it is normal. You only get full restores from Bennet, meaning that all fainted Pokemon stay fainted. That's actually normal.

The only time you get fully healed and revived is after you beat Shelly and Cain, so you are healthy for the single fight. But afterwards you have to fight with the Pokemon you have left.

Really? I don't remember if I had fainted PKMN the last time. But I always assumed that even though he says "full restores" it just means a full heal for everything. 

But you can also see that my Dragonite is not at full HP and the picture was made in the first round before anything happened. 

And I meant the battle against Radomus and Sierra, after the fight against Luna, so the double battle against "? & ?".

4 hours ago, Fry93 said:

And I meant the battle against Radomus and Sierra, after the fight against Luna, so the double battle against "? & ?".

yep, this is the fight in which your pokemon usually get fully restored but not revived. But i do see that dragonite did not get healed so there must be another issue. I see what i can find!

Do you have any plan to possibly make a mod that just adds in the new moves and TMs without adding in the Uranium or Gen 8 pokemon?

Or at the very least, is there a possibility for an option to play the game in a way so that trainers (outside of the ones added by the hack of course), won't start using Gen 8 and Uranium mons until after you beat the elite four?