Need help with my Hail Team

CaptainMetal

Finally got to the point where I can mega evolve and I really wanna try a hail team and see how far I can get with it. Here is what I currently have

M-Abomasnow @ Abomasite

Sound Proof -> Snow Warning

Quiet (+SpAttack - Speed)

252 HP / 4 Attack /252 SpAttack

- Ice Shard

- Aurora Veil

- Blizzard

- Wood Hammer/Giga Drain

Main Hail setter and the team's Mega. I went for the Quiet Nature since it won't be outspeeding anything anyway and this way I can run it mixed and don't sacrifice defense.

Castform @ Castform Crest

Forecast -> Slush Rush

Modest (+SpAttack - Speed)

252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 SpAttack

- Hail

- Blizzard

- Thunderbolt

- Flamethrower

Secondary weather setter through the Crest and first Slush Rush sweeper. You don't need any Speed EVs since under Slush Rush you'll be outspeeding anything with base 146 Speed with max EVs and positive nature, so instead invest in HP for survivability.

Empoleon @ Empoleon Crest

Torrent

Modest (+SpAttack - Speed)

- Ice Beam

- Scald

- Stealth Rock / Flash Cannon 

- HP Fighting

Thanks to the Crest, Empoleon gets both Ice STAB and a Slush Rush effect and combined with the huge amount of resistances the Water/Steel combo brings, it's a great addition to the team. While Blizzard TM is not available, Ice Beam and Stealth Rock are legal moves here since at least I got them when I caught the Event Empoleon. Personally I would replace Stealth Rock once I defeat Saki to have all 3 STABs and HP Fighting to act a a counter for Steel types. Again because of Slush Rush, no Speed investment is needed and goes into bulk instead.

Froslass @ Life Orb

Snow Cloak

Timid (+Speed - Attack)

4 HP / 252 SpAttack / 252 Speed

- Blizzard

- Psychic

- Shadow Ball

- Will-O-Wisp

I needed something against Fighting types, as they are one of the team's great weaknesses, and Froslass has both the immunity against said type and access to a super effective move. Otherwise it's here for damage with double STAB and Will-O-Wisp to cripple opponents.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet

Rough Skin

Jolly [+Speed - SpAttack)

4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

- Dig / Stomping Tantrum

- Iron Head

- Outrage/Dragon Claw

- Slash and Burn/Hone Claws

While not safe from the Hail, Garchomp brings much needed resistance against Rock and Fire and generally hits like a truck. 

The last slot I'm not sure about. I have both Dark and Ghost unresisted, so a Dark mon could help but that adds just another Fighting weakness to the team. I also have a Lucario which hits hard and has good resistances but is also weak against Fire and Fighting, the biggest weaknesses this team has. Another Fighting counter would be nice as well since most Fighting mons also carry Rock or Steel moves.

I have some ideas:

1. Alolan Ninetales also have snow warning and it can learn blizzard , Aurora veil , having either dazzling gleam or moonblast will help with Fighting type weakness and maybe nasty plots to setup

2. Scarmory provides more hazard like spikes and stealth rocks (so can keep flash cannon on empoleon for stab steel) the rest of move set is your choice

3. Change Abomasnow's Sound proof to Snow warning (it would be change to Snow warning after mega anyway)

What bout a-ninetails? is that obtainable without debugging? if yes why not A-Ninetails  very useful in double battles especially with aurora veil, blizzard, dazzling gleam and u think of the last move. In singles it also does it part well make sure it holds the thing that extend the veil.

3 minutes ago, Acemaster171 said:

What bout a-ninetails? is that obtainable without debugging?

Yes it is obtainable via trading alolan sandshrew ( i think in v13 it at evergreen) at the pier of Kristiline town (the lady at the 3rd pier from up-down) 

For a hail team hmm

i think a glaceon with good both hp,sp defand defense evs and 252 evs in special attack with a good nature with a crest is a good option

Glaceon @ glaceon crest

Snow cloak

modest (+SpAttack -Atk)

114 HP / 72Def /72 Spdef /252 SpAttack

- Signal beam

- Hidden powe/shadow ball

- Blizzard

- Water pulse

this spread and set might be not that good but is effective for mr

what does castforms other weather abilities are

imo you should use:

glaceon with its crest because it has ice body for recovery, and resistances to rock and fighting crest and generally hits hard. not to mentions its weirdly bulky. oh and like the person above me said its a good mon to switch into

alolan ninetales with aurora veil/ snow warning IS THE PICK for hail teams use that instead of abomasnow

slush rush alolan sandslash is also an okay pick imo

for the mega slot you should use something like mega aggron for bulky offensive, and mega galalie (refregirate) if these are available 

Edited by OrangeOrb

Damn forgot to turn on notifications, thought nobody was replying. Okay let's go through this one by one.

@Matsuki I forgot, does A-Ninetales have its Gen 8 moveset? The TM is not ingame yet. Scarmory sounds like a good idea, gotta look into that how it works with the overall team balance. I chose Soundproof on Abomasnow in order to not have a redundant ability and have at least some utility option when switching it in before mega evolving.

@Z.. Yeah a pivot would be nice. I either have Silvally with Parting shot or Rotom with Volt Switch available

@Ram Cxz 007 Forgot about the Crest, this could be interesting and it could be a pivot with Baton Pass through Eevee.

@OrangeOrb Mega Glalie is available. It has a slightly worse stat total than Abomasnow but it's fast and a physical set with Ice Shard and Refrigirate boosted Ice-Return should hit very hard. How would you run it? My initial thought would be Ice Shard, Return, Iron Head, Crunch/Explosion

I recommend Rotom-Wash that mon clutched me so many times in Rejuv and Pokemon games in general and having Will-O-Wisp is super good as well. It matches up well with ice type weaknesses as well and gives the team a much needed ground immunity.

mega Glalie's can be run as a mixed attacker or a physical attacker (for the purpose of this post i will highlight the following moves in thier respective sets purple for physical set and red for mixed)

@life orb

shadow ball or crunch (shadow ball because less types are resistant to ghost then dark)

ice shard

ice beam/return/hyper voice/body slam

iron head

and if possible explosion but his is not preferred as this Pokémon takes up your mega slot so why would you want to kill it

EVs for mixed set

sp.attack: 126

attack: 126

speed: 252

{neutral}

EVs for physical set

sp.attack: 252

speed: 252

{adamant +attack, -sp.attack}

ps. its ok on the bulk side as well

mega abomasnow suffers from a lot issues like a lot weaknesses a 4x weakness to fire 

Edited by OrangeOrb

5 hours ago, Matsuki said:

I think so blizzard learn via heart scale and dazzling gleam is a evolve move , you can get moonblast via breeding too

My main concern was Aurora Veil, you don't get that if it's the Gen 7 learnset. I did some re-configuring, here what my current team would look like.

Castform @ Castform Crest

Forecast -> Slush Rush

Modest (+SpAttack - Attack)

- Hail

- Blizzard

- Thunderbolt

- Flamethrower

Empoleon @ Empoleon Crest

Torrent

Modest (+SpAttack - Attack)

- Ice Beam

- Scald

- Flash Cannon 

- HP Fighting/Ground/Fire (all good against Steel but not sure what's best for overall coverage)

A-Ninetales @ Icy Rock

Snow Warning

Timid (+Speed -Attack)

4 HP / 252 SpAttack / 252 Speed

- Blizzard

- Aurora Veil

- Moon Blast

- Freeze Dry

Icy Rock because you want Hail to stay as long as possible, Freeze Dry for Water Coverage

M-Glalie @ Glalitite

Ice Body -> Refrigerate

Jolly (+Speed -SpAttack)

4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

- Return

- Ice Shard

- Crunch

- Iron Head

Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Levitate

Calm (+SpDefence -Attack)

252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 SpDefense

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- HP Ground

Full special wall and slow pivot. HP Ground cause I was missing coverage against electric types

Glaceon @ Glaceon Crest

Ice Body

Bold (+Defense - Attack)

252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 SpAttack

- Baton Pass

- Blizzard

- Barrier

- Shadow Ball

Full physical wall to cover Rock and Fighting. Blizzard hits Rock and Fighting neutral  so I thought Ghost for the best neutral coverage. Baton Pass to act as another pivot and it can pass the Barrier boost on.

In this configuration I have 2 weaknesses that are not covered. Grass for Rotom and Electric for Empoleon. Grass should be no problem as it hits Ice neutral and Ice kills Grass. Electric moves are mostly special so Rotom is a safe switch and can cover with HP Ground. Ghost is neither resisted nor a weakness and I have it covered on the offensive side.

16 hours ago, CaptainMetal said:

k so A-Ninetales has its Gen 7 moveset and as such doesn't learn Aurora Veil via level up/relearner. Guess I'll have to look into another main Hail setter.

If it about aurora veil then how about Frostmoth . you can catch snom from headbutt tree in evergreen it can learn stun spore, infestation, feather dance, defog, aurora veil, blizzard, bug buzz, tailwind , wide guard and quiver dance you can use it as a set up sweep or defensive utilities/support

Also having more other good under hail pokemon is good too, you can switch them in and out depend on the battle