My Team (Advice)

Enatsyrte

Hi everyone !

I have a Team I've prepared for a long time (It only lacks one Pokémon and it's good). I think there is something wrong with it because I need speeder Pokémon, but I don't find Pokémon I love. Let's see :

160.png.7c230acc4c2eafa786b2b8855b027ae2.png

Kai (Feraligatr) @  Feraligatr Crest                         

Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Liquidation  
- Crunch  
- Ice Fang  
- Dragon Dance

My beloved starter. It's the Pokémon I want to keep in my team. The problem is it lacks speed and power. So it's important it can set up some Dragon Dances. 

373.png.17e06497f506760634784987289e2133.png

Aero (Salamence) @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Return  
- Earthquake  
- Roost  
- Dragon Dance

The second Pokémon I would like to have with me. As you can see, I want to refer to the previous hero who didn't want to be the Interceptor. It would be RP and I didn't play often M-Salamence. 

407.png.a78108379b16e49360d0d819f80504a7.png

Sakura (Roserade) @ Grassium Z  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Leaf Storm  
- Sludge Bomb  
- Hidden Power [Electric]  
- Sleep Powder

I needed a Pokémon which could put to sleep, and handle Grass Type, Water Type and Fairy Type Pokémons. And I don't have Electric Moves in my Team. 

655.png.aa17d5609524ec5022a1d36993a0216f.png

Delpha (Delphox) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Flamethrower  
- Psychic  
- Shadow Ball  
- Low Kick

It can be weird to use Low Kick with Delphox, but I don't have Fighting Type Coverage and this move is powerful against heavier Pokémon. And this Pokémon is cool against Steel Type and it has Psychic (I love this move 😍)

036.png.7c6f4c362baadaca57bc72f8cf78cf86.png

Pixie (Clefable) @ Pixie Plate  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Moonblast  
- Moonlight  
- Thunder Wave  
- Encore

I hate set-up sweeper. So I choose to block them and I use Sleep Powder. And it can be useful with Moonblast, or T-Wave. It helped me to heal my Pokémon. 

823.png.567ddd9dcb434ec146426d74bbae3844.png

Karasushi (Corviknight) @ Sharp Beak  
Ability: Mirror Armor  
EVs: 252 HP / 178 Def / 78 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Iron Head  
- Defog  
- Roost

My lovely bird. It's useful when I need to slow down the battle and it check Fairy Type ^^

• Like 1

I will give my own suggestions on the Pokemons -I- think need some change, the ones I don't mention just assume I said "Nice!".

- Feraligatr: I suggest changing it's Nature to Jolly instead, it's base speed is just 78, not really that fast.. Jolly Nature should cover this to an extent.
- Roserade: I would prefer Energy Ball instead of Leaf Storm, it might not be stronger but it has the reliable 100% accuracy and doesn't lower your stats. Also I saw the reason you picked Roserade was mostly for the sleep? I feel like Vivillon is better for that purpose because it has Compound Eyes, it can even be a nice Quiver Dance Sweeper too.

- Delphox: The Low Kick really is a weird one.. Even if it does cover the lack of Fighting moves on your build it still heavily depends on the opponent weight and the Pokemon's Attack, which Delphox really doesn't have much.

Other than that I feel like having a Screen Settler on your team should be good as well, either someone with Prankster, like male Meowstic, or someone bulky like Orbeetle, as for the Fighting coverage, that really is tricky without changing a Pokemon of yours OR give your Feraligtr either Superpower or Brick Break.

1 hour ago, P.Kiko said:

Thanks but I choose Roserade because it's a Grass Type which resists Electric Type Moves, and it's the fastest Grass Type Sleep Inducer. 

I see.. Tho' Roserade is literally just one base point faster than Vivillon, I would still prefer the butterfly because of the increased accuracy on the move, it sucks to miss Sleep Powder and then get OHKOed..
I used to have a Roserade in my team but I changed it for a Prankster Meowstic with Thunder Wave, Reflect and Light Screen, it was more useful to me in the long run, everytime I replay this game I make sure to always switch my team around so I don't use the same Pokemons I did in previous runs (With exception of the starter, I always get a starter that can't be obtained, my favorite is always Infernape),

I'm in the middle of my 5th run, playing with Battle on Set and no items, just managed to defeat Souta, my current team is:

Spoiler

- Thievul (Dark Pulse; Psychic; Mud Shot; Parting Shot); Ability: Stakeout; Nature: Timid; Item: Thievul Crest
EVs: 6 HP, 252 S.Atk, 252 Speed
A good lead, with the Crest it reduces S.Atk on switch in and can learn Parting Shot for switch opportunity + debuff.

- Infernape (Fire Punch; Thunder Punch; Close Combat; Mach Punch); Ability: Iron Fist; Nature: Adamant; Item: Flame Plate (Wish it was a Black Belt or Muslce Band)
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Iron Fist increases the punches damage from 75 to 97 (rounded down) so he have a good coverage since it learns Thunder Punch, Mach Punch is there for priority.

- Marowak (Bonemerang; Fire Punch; Thunder Punch; Stomp Tantrum); Ability: Lightning Rod; Nature: Sassy; Item: Thick Club (Obviously)
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Def, 252 S.Def
The club increases his base 80 Atk to 160 already so I decided to make him a wall with spikes by bulking his defenses, it's been working nicely so far, even without a Atk Nature or EVs he still does more damage than the Infernape too.

- Ninjask (X Scissor; Aerial Ace; Sword Dance; Baton Pass); Ability: Speed Boost; Nature: Adamant; Item: Bug Plate (Bugnium-Z when Z-Moves become available)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 6 Def.
Believe it or not, I never did the classic Ninjask Baton Pass strategy so I'm trying it out now.

- M-Meowstic (Psychic; Reflect; Light Screen; Thunder Wave); Ability: Prankster; Nature: Bold; Item: Light Clay
Dual screener, yeeah..

- Ampahros (Thunderbolt; Dragon Pulse; Volt Switch; Thunder Wave); Ability: Static; Nature: Modest; Item: Leftovers (Ampharosite when Megas become available)
Same concept as Marowak, Mega Ampharos 160 S.Atk is already pretty high and it also has very descent Def and S.Def so making it a bulky Pokemon that can dish out some damage is kinda nice but, gotta admit, not being of much use as for now.. If it doesn't become better by the time Mega-Ring becomes available I might change my mega.

Oh, I use an other set for Avian Milotic :

Item : Sitrus Berry 

Careful

Ability : Defiant 

Moves : Gun Shot, Play Rough, Hypnosis, Coil

EVs : 100 HP / 252 SpD / 156 Spe

Using Coil with Hypnosis is a good idea if you don't have fast Pokémon to make foes to fall asleep ^-^

But I tried to use an another team :

Giselle (Araquanid) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Bubble  
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Liquidation  
- Leech Life  
- Magic Coat  
- Sticky Web

Candice (Slurpuff) @ Petaya Berry  
Ability: Unburden  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Draining Kiss  
- Flamethrower  
- Psychic  
- Endure

I'm waiting for Calm Mind. When I get the TM, I will learn CM over Endure and change the Petaya Berry for the Fairy Gem. I could be fun with Sticky Web + Sleep Powder.

Ashen One (Parasect) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Ressurection 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Gunk Shot  
- Phantom Force  
- Knock Off  
- Sleep Powder

It's classic but fun. 

Aima (Probopass)  @ Probopass Crest
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Power Gem  
- Earth Power  
- Thunderbolt  
- Stealth Rock

I wanted to try it and it help me to break some Focus Sashes. 

Easter (Diggersby) @ Muscle Band  
Ability: Huge Power  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Quick Attack  
- Fire Punch  
- Swords Dance

Wallbreaking Time. I wait for Firium Z or Groundium Z.

Tortank (Blastoise) @ White Herb  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Aura Sphere  
- Dark Pulse  
- Shell Smash

I wait for Blastoisinite. And then, I will make it to learn Water Pulse (It doesn't miss and doesn't hit allies during double battle), and I'm waiting for Ice Beam or Blizzard over Dark Pulse.

Same as before, will give my opinion on the ones I think need some change:

- A-Milotic: I don't know.. I don't like relying on Hypnosis because of the 50% accuracy.. I would still rather prefere Vivillon with Coumpound Eyes, almost makes Sleep Powder be 100% (almost).. I would also change Gunk Shot for Poison Jab since, guess you probably noticed a theme here, I don't like inaccurate moves.. 90% is the most I am willing to risk, anything bellow that is a massive no for me..
- Slurpuff: Yeah I am waiting as well, not on Calm Mind but Belly Drum instead, use one Belly Drum, get the Sitru Berry to be consumed and boom, a Pokemon with +6 stages of Attack and double the speed! But in this case I like that build, I just prefer the physical one instead.
- Probopass: I use the same build except that I place my EVs on Def and S.Def and use the Magnet Pull ability to lock Steel-Types.

2 Pokemons I keep in the reserve are Talonflame and Ambipom, every now and then I get one of them when I feel like it's needed, Ambipom with Technician is just great and massively underrated, it has the strongest Fake Out of the whole game, nice Attack Base + Stab + Ability, specially if you give it a Muscle Band or Silk Scarf, it's good at gauging which enemies you can easily defeat since if it manages to remove 30% of the enemy HP on a Fake Out then it can KO them with a Double Hit, also pretty good at breaking Focus Sash; Talonflame is just my favorite bird, period, but Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are just too good to pass up too, I used Talonflame in almost all of my gym battles.

All the moves of A-Milotic are innacurate, but Coil increases Attack, Defense and Accuracy. After One Coil, you shouldn't miss your moves unless you're unlucky like me. Milotic is a bulky set up sweeper, and Coil is very important for this Pokémon. However, I don't understand why this Milotic doesn't learn Recover. 

For Slurpuff, I already have one with Belly Drum, and an other one with Sticky Web. Then I wanted to try a Special Slurpuff ( 3 Slurpuff to rule them all). 

However, I don't agree with the defensive spread of Probopass. It already has good defensives stats (145 / 150) but it lacks HP (60) so I think it would be better to invest in HP.

And I still have the same problem. When I fight a faster Pokémon ( with a minimum of 121), I start to be in trouble if I don't my Feraligatr with Priority moves. 

8 hours ago, P.Kiko said:

All the moves of A-Milotic are innacurate, but Coil increases Attack, Defense and Accuracy. After One Coil, you shouldn't miss your moves unless you're unlucky like me. Milotic is a bulky set up sweeper, and Coil is very important for this Pokémon. However, I don't understand why this Milotic doesn't learn Recover. 

For Slurpuff, I already have one with Belly Drum, and an other one with Sticky Web. Then I wanted to try a Special Slurpuff ( 3 Slurpuff to rule them all). 

However, I don't agree with the defensive spread of Probopass. It already has good defensives stats (145 / 150) but it lacks HP (60) so I think it would be better to invest in HP.

And I still have the same problem. When I fight a faster Pokémon ( with a minimum of 121), I start to be in trouble if I don't my Feraligatr with Priority moves. 

Yeah I get the Coil Accuracy increase but it kinda makes it dependent on at least one Coil to have good accuracy.
1 Slurpuff, ha ha ha, 2 Slurpuff, ha ha ha, THREE SLURPUFF, HA HA HA!!
I guess I could put 252 in HP and then spread evenly between Def and S.Def, I just feel like this would maximize it's defenses so he takes such little damage anyway, I usually like to put HP when I give a Pokemon Leftovers tho'

For faster Pokemon that's why I have the Prankster Meowstic with Thunder Wave, works like a glove, either that or sometimes I use a Treevenant with Will-o-Wisp if the faster Pokemon is a physical attacker.

Salamence isn"t yet available. For the moment, I'm using other Dragon Type as Goodra, or other Pokémon when I need it. Corvinight I got it thanks to the Mystery Egg. It's a bit random however. I was lucky but if you want you can find a Skarmory in the Desert.