Need Help with Starter

Mizuki

So, i've spent the last 4 days doing rng for a specific starter (female ralts) and i haven't gotten it. at all.

i realise i might get in trouble for asking this but is there a way i can externally manipulate the rng to get the starter i want or if i grab a random starter can i like change what it is externally?

i really want this ralts but i also want to play the god damn game.

1 minute ago, chamomomile said:

i don't think you can get a ralts as a starter if you're trying to get it from the random starter picker? you can debug it and change your starter pokemon to be a female ralts, however

i'm pretty sure its one of the secret starters, but thanks.

how do i debug?

10 minutes ago, MDM1 Beans said:

If I'm not mistaken, the secret starters haven't been available since v11. The random starter machine only gives starter pokemon now.

But here's a debug someone made for v13

super thanks, is there a guide to using it because i downloaded the stuff but idk where to put it or how it works

sorry for being so question-y thank you for your patience.

3 minutes ago, Mizuki said:

super thanks, is there a guide to using it because i downloaded the stuff but idk where to put it or how it works

sorry for being so question-y thank you for your patience.

paste the files into the data folder. you will see an option to replace them, so click yes ^^ 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DaWolfie said:

you can always get ralts in the wild and if it's not catchable, there's always the xen hq... just get another pokemon for starter

i know but i don't want to do that i'd rather have it from the start.

Just now, MDM1 Beans said:

No, someone else had this problem on the thread. It should be a .rb file. Try removing the .txt

sorry, its listed as a text document, it didn't actually say .txt it didn't have anything after it. my bad.

5 minutes ago, Mizuki said:

sorry, its listed as a text document, it didn't actually say .txt it didn't have anything after it. my bad.

So it is a .rb file? In that case, all you have to do is make a mods folder inside your data folder (if you don't already have one) and drop it into there. 

Just now, MDM1 Beans said:

So it is a .rb file? In that case, all you have to do is make a mods folder inside your data folder (if you don't already have one) and drop it into there. 

no, they just say PokemonParty and PokemonPauseMenu and the file type is listed as a text document.

i'll try your folder suggestion though thank you

2 minutes ago, Mizuki said:

no, they just say PokemonParty and PokemonPauseMenu and the file type is listed as a text document.

i'll try your folder suggestion though thank you

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. My pc opens .rb files with notepad (so as to edit them) so they show up with the little symbol that makes them look like text docs but they are still listed as RB files. Not sure what would cause those files to download as text files.

7 minutes ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. My pc opens .rb files with notepad (so as to edit them) so they show up with the little symbol that makes them look like text docs but they are still listed as RB files. Not sure what would cause those files to download as text files.

i tried putting it through a file converter to... disappointing results. i guess i'm just not meant to play this game.

thanks for trying to help anyways.

36 minutes ago, Mizuki said:

If you don't see an extension after the PokemonParty (like a .txt or .rb), then you need to enable an option to see it. Try this. https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/ if you're on Windows. Then you can delete the ".txt" and replace it with ".rb".

2 hours ago, Mizuki said:

i tried putting it through a file converter to... disappointing results. i guess i'm just not meant to play this game.

thanks for trying to help anyways.

Its not the Data folder you have to move the files, its to the Scripts folder

23 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

That's so interesting, I dropped them into my mods folder and they worked just fine, like any other mod.

Really? Didnt know that. I saw someone say that it should go to the Scripts folder so i did that and it worked. Thats neat that it also works that way

On 8/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, TIP said:

Really? Didnt know that. I saw someone say that it should go to the Scripts folder so i did that and it worked. Thats neat that it also works that way

i just tried both and i don't think it worked. any idea how i would be able to tell if its working?

is there a button i need to press, a new option appearing? do i have to start a new save file?