Making a new Pokémon form?

A bit of context:

So I recently just got my hands on the Ash-Greninja mod made by Aephiex, and it works pretty well with rejuvenation, no problems so far, if not at all. So, being the inexperienced coder I am, I thought "Well, how hard could it be to put it on another pokemon?"... so about that attempt... 

I thought all I had to do was switch around the species number and and names to Luxray, but I found it wasn't quite that simple, no only being unable to make the supposed "battle bond" ability appear on luxray, but also being unable to start up the game when both the original Ash-Greninja and my Luxray mod.

The main question:

is it possible to code Luxray so that it has a "battle bond" like transformation ability? If not at least be able to have different stats and remain in that form if I debug it to be form 1 using the debug mod for V13 Rejuvenation?

(8/4/2021) edit:

well, it worker, Luxray now has my custom "Battle Bond" ability, thanks to a suggestion from @PulsarNyx it's just that now, there's an error that pops up whenever it beats an enemy Pokémon. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, all I did was change the names of certain code lines to separate it from Aephiex's Battle Bond Greninja, but the worst I changed in the code was delete the water shuriken code. here's some screen shots of the mod I'm working on, as well as the file if anybody feels like messing around with it. I recommend you use the debug mod to give yourself a "Nemean" Luxray by setting it to form 1.

2021-08-04.png

2021-08-04 (1).png

DreamingDragon's Nemean-Luxray.rb

See, unlike you, I have no experience in modding Pokemon Rejuvenation, which is why I can confidently say that your gaming chair is just not good enough /j

In all seriousness, maybe you need to change the variable names and stuff? Again, I have literally no idea how any of this works, but it might be trying to run both mods under the same name or something. So maybe change "Aephiex_AshGreninja" to something like "Dreaming_BBLuxray" or something like that, just make sure it's consistent so it works properly.

As for the ability, maybe change instances of "FROAKIE", "FROGADIER", and "GRENINJA" to "SHINX", "LUXIO", and "LUXRAY" near the bottom - I think that might help?

Hope any of this helped.

On 8/2/2021 at 3:55 AM, DreamingDragon said:

A bit of context:

So I recently just got my hands on the Ash-Greninja mod made by Aephiex, and it works pretty well with rejuvenation, no problems so far, if not at all. So, being the inexperienced coder I am, I thought "Well, how hard could it be to put it on another pokemon?"... so about that attempt... 

I thought all I had to do was switch around the species number and and names to Luxray, but I found it wasn't quite that simple, no only being unable to make the supposed "battle bond" ability appear on luxray, but also being unable to start up the game when both the original Ash-Greninja and my Luxray mod.

The main question:

is it possible to code Luxray so that it has a "battle bond" like transformation ability? If not at least be able to have different stats and remain in that form if I debug it to be form 1 using the debug mod for V13 Rejuvenation?

Spoiler

Firstly, i really love this mod and it has unexpectedly given me some tips on creating custom forms on existing pokemons Thanks Aephiex.

If you want your greninja to remain in the battle bond form, you need debug mod. Change your greninja form to 2. Next, delete this line on the data file:

# revert all transformed Ash-Greninja in a time
  def self.revert_all_ash_greninja
    @@aephiex_ashgre_param = nil
    @@aephiex_ashgre_flag.keys.each {|pkmn| pkmn.form = 1 }
    @@aephiex_ashgre_flag.clear
  end
end
OR 

you can change 1 into 2, same same

As for modifying stats, it is somewhere in the code but being able to modify would just break the difficulty of the game

On 8/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, PulsarNyx said:

See, unlike you, I have no experience in modding Pokemon Rejuvenation, which is why I can confidently say that your gaming chair is just not good enough /j

In all seriousness, maybe you need to change the variable names and stuff? Again, I have literally no idea how any of this works, but it might be trying to run both mods under the same name or something. So maybe change "Aephiex_AshGreninja" to something like "Dreaming_BBLuxray" or something like that, just make sure it's consistent so it works properly.

As for the ability, maybe change instances of "FROAKIE", "FROGADIER", and "GRENINJA" to "SHINX", "LUXIO", and "LUXRAY" near the bottom - I think that might help?

Hope any of this helped.

Well, I have tried changing the "FROAKIE", "FROGADIER", and "GRENINJA" to "SHINX", "LUXIO", and "LUXRAY", but I have yet to try changing "Aephiex_AshGreninja", I'll give it a shot

On 8/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, Nave said:
  Hide contents

Firstly, i really love this mod and it has unexpectedly given me some tips on creating custom forms on existing pokemons Thanks Aephiex.

If you want your greninja to remain in the battle bond form, you need debug mod. Change your greninja form to 2. Next, delete this line on the data file:

# revert all transformed Ash-Greninja in a time
  def self.revert_all_ash_greninja
    @@aephiex_ashgre_param = nil
    @@aephiex_ashgre_flag.keys.each {|pkmn| pkmn.form = 1 }
    @@aephiex_ashgre_flag.clear
  end
end
OR 

you can change 1 into 2, same same

As for modifying stats, it is somewhere in the code but being able to modify would just break the difficulty of the game

That's actually quite useful to find out, as somebody who has very little coding experience, and somebody who enjoys messing around with the game's code on another save file whenever I've completed all the new content.