Need help to beat Erick [REJUVENATION V13]

Gwalchaved

Hey! I actually just beat him. Playing on intense (no items and set mode) and I used a soft hail strategy to beat him. Incineroar (with intimidate and fake out), Abomosnow (with snow warning), Mamoswine, Alolan Sandlash (with slush rush), Golisopod (not necessary but  First Impression is nice, also baits), and Blastoise (to mirror coat one attack for a free kill). I also realized I used 2 water types but the challenge is fun. Golisopod and Blastoise can be dropped for whatever you think will be better.

I lead with Incineroar (with intimidate) and Abomosnow (with snow warning and a quick claw). Turn 1 I fake out the Raichu and the Electivire targets Incineroar with the 3 hit attack (which he barely lives thanks to the intimidate attack drop). Abomosnow then uses Blizzard to turn the field into an icy field so the electric attacks don’t get powered up. The Blizzard can freeze with good RNG and especially if it freezes electivire that’s a near guaranteed win. My Abomosnow was modest with near perfect special attack IVs so one blizzard with hail damage kills the Raichu.

He should switch in Togedamaru. From there the battle isn’t too bad. The key to winning is using Mamaswine’s earthquake while he has his Mega Toxtricity and another non floating electric type out. The field being frozen from blizzard let’s you use EQ once and it will one shot both Pokémon. Using a water type as the partner to Mamoswine here ensures that the water type will be targeted so Mamoswine can get off the EQ. 

Thats just what I used though. Good luck on the battle!

3 minutes ago, Trainer M said:

I also realized I used 2 water types but the challenge is fun. Golisopod and Blastoise can be dropped for whatever you think will be better.

Back when I beat him in V12, I had 3 :p

The strat was fairly simple: Lightning Rod keeps powerful water-type attackers safe to spam their moves, meanwhile those same Water-types encourage him to spam ineffective Electric moves. Alolan Marowak was my choice for Lightning Rod, and I also made sure Alolan Muk was on the field when it died in order to take on its ability with Power of Alchemy. From there, Tentacruel and Mantine just went to town. I don't remember what my last water was, probably because I never sent it out lol. Obviously his team has changed now (and I don't know exactly what the changes are, other than Mega Toxtricity) but something similar can probably still be pulled off.

It's been a while since I beat him back in v12, but I remember using the murk water field to my advantage, namely with Poison Jab from a Sheer Force Nidoqueen and a Salazzle that could deal with stuff like Magneton. Don't remember much else since the fight didn't leave much of an impact on me besides the field being useful for both the gym leader AND you. The only other teammates I can remember bringing were a Blaziken and an Alolan Muk.

• 1 year later...

So I just beat Erick yesterday, and I came up with a fool-proof plan, and it worked! Granted it was on Normal difficulty, but it works with Intense as well, with one slight problem. The main Pokemon I used for my plan were Pyukumuku, Wishiwashi, Seaking and Shedinja. I used Pyukumuku's Purify to change Murkwater to Water Surface, Seaking's Lightning Rod to avoid any Electric Attacks, Wishiwashi's Dive to change field to Underwater Surface, and Shedinja to take care of the rest. Shedinja's Wonder Guard resists every attack on Erick's team except Electivire's Fire Punch and Eelektross' Flamethrower, and Underwater Field negates all Fire attacks so Shedinja is untouchable. The same will work for Intense difficculty, though you'll need something to take out the Oricorio so Hurricane won't kill Shedinja. So all you need is to change to Water Surface, then Underwater, a Lightning Rod to protect  the first two, and Shedinja, preferably with Dig.

im doing this on easy mode but best way i found out how try of course have all pokemon at level 60. bring someone that has blizzard  to freeze the whole field in my case i used an alolan vulpix with luxray in the fight as well. dont worry if vulpix faints bring out a pokemon that knows earth power in my case was camerupt they. for me he moslty fixated on doing crappy moves to hit both my pokemon but in my fight my luxray was kinda tanky taking on the hits. best way also attack with camerupt but use your second pokemons turn to heal your camerupt up to stay in the fight just incase. if you want extra help just incase bring another one that has earth power. once you got him down to his last pokemon which was magneton for me just use eruption even though that melts the ice dont worry you will knock his magneton out in 2 hits