Spork + Delicia Sidegames Save File Troubleshooting Thread

4 minutes ago, Enora said:

Thank you guys, last thing I recall is that I edited alakazam moveset and restored them to his original moves, cuz I had him learned aura sphere and electro ball ( I hadn't mewtwo, so I said why not make alakazam my mewtwo x'D) well guess having a mewtwo or something similar to it isn't my destiny xD

When you made these changes did you use the editor that's provided with spork or did you just edit the PBS Files directly? Also, do you remember in which map you were when you last saved yout game? I don't know if this info will help but I want to try some things

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, Enora said:

I used the editor  provided in game folder, and I don't recall much where I was, I collected the 9th badge

I've had problems with the editor before when using it to edit trainer data. Sometimes when I used it, it would delete some trainers from the trainers.txt PBS file and cause an error when loading the game because some trainers in the game were deleted. I eventually stopped using the editor after experiencing this a few times and just used the PBS files. 

Since editing trainer data deleted trainers, maybe editing Pokemon data deleted some Pokemon or info related to Pokemon for you. I'm going to send you the pokemon.txt file and we can see if this fixes the issue. In the Spork folder there's a sub-folder called PBS; place this file in there and when asked if you want to replace the existing file, say yes. 

EDIT: nevermind, it seems like Groniack fixed the issue while I was posting this XD Thanks for helping out with this. removed pokemon.txt file from post since Groniack fixed the file and it seems that wasn't the issue

oh and @Princess Titania you asked if there were any updates. I'm currently working on a final reupload to Spork that will include the player joining an idol group with the fruit-based characters, an expansion of Ocean Coast, all characters having nicknamed Pokemon, Enigma Shot U is revamping the maps, and there'll be some new sidequests. It won't be ready for a while though. 

• Like 1

You are welcome 🙂 And I agree with what you said about the editor. It seems that it deletes some things that are needed. This time, it deleted the metadata. Everyone that wants to make some changes should edit the respective files in the pbs folder directly. It's way safer.

• Like 1

OMG guys thank you so so so much, you are all genius!!!!! Shall I rededit alakazam and make him mewtwo? xD ah btw is there any further developement about pokemon spork, I agree it's the best I've seen right now, ah I got 8 badges and I still I didnt find mega evolution bracelet, Am I on right way or I missed something?

• Like 1

you can definitely edit it but not with the editor 🙂 You should go to Spork's main folder -> PBS -> pokemon and there find alakazam. There you can edit the moves it learns. If you have any difficulties or if any errors pop up let us know. 

• Like 2

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Enora said:

OMG guys thank you so so so much, you are all genius!!!!! Shall I rededit alakazam and make him mewtwo? xD ah btw is there any further developement about pokemon spork, I agree it's the best I've seen right now, ah I got 8 badges and I still I didnt find mega evolution bracelet, Am I on right way or I missed something?

I'm happy the error is solved now! 😄 

You'll get the Mega Ring as part of the story between the 15th and 16th gyms.

For future developments, here are some announcement posts if you're interested!

About the idol group: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-7-postgame-delicias-delicious-dreamland/&page=53&tab=comments#comment-792478

About the map revamps: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-7-postgame-delicias-delicious-dreamland/&page=62&tab=comments#comment-805135

• Like 1

@ Groniack: i didn't find that file called PBS 😕 lol, but since mewtwo is already available it's no worries, but problem is about hiddden abilities, like I have a vulpix and I try to give him ability drought, but when I use ability capusle it doesn't work, either he tries to switch between fire torch and inner focus, or he says: nothing happens! So is there items related to dream world ability or I have to go edit in that pbs x)

@Ice Cream Sand Witch: ah so i have to wait till 16h gym x), if only it was from the start x'D, I'm checking links right now, this game is just awesome!

PBS is a folder in the main  game folder like below

image.png.7cc34ec85580d3fbd126af70049927ff.png

in there find the pokemon file:

image.png.f79c822ed19c5f7faef282179cfddb72.png

there you can find alakazam and edit its moveset (if you still want to 🙂 )

For the hidden abilities you can send your save file to ICSW so as to make your pokemon have it.

• Like 1

OMG I'm so blind, I found it thanks to you! So I have just to put moves I want there and save the file right?

What's ICSW? ah for alakazam what's better for him magic guard or synchronize? I like aegislash a lot now, when i searched about it, I found that it's banned in championships, I dont know why, he is stalling ofc but he isn't that great anyway, why they banned him, seems unfair 😕

Yeah, following the same motif as the other moves. (level,Movename)

ICSW is Ice Cream Sand Witch. I was just too lazy to type it whole 🙂Actually I can change it for you, too. Just send the save file and I will do it for you.

And Aegislash is a beast! Bulky enough to set some sword dances and then wreck you with its attacks!

Ah awesome once I get a good vulpix, i'll send you savefil, thank you c:, aegislash is a beast but not compared to others overpowered monsters tho who aren't banned :/, each time i wanna use a pokemn it gets banned xD, like mewtwo, and mega lucario x'D, what you think about tsareena btw? ah btw her trop kick has same animation as Razor leaf in Pokemon Spork x)

Edit: I have another question, is there z moves?? where I can find them if so??!

Edited by Enora

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Enora said:

Ah awesome once I get a good vulpix, i'll send you savefil, thank you c:, aegislash is a beast but not compared to others overpowered monsters tho who aren't banned :/, each time i wanna use a pokemn it gets banned xD, like mewtwo, and mega lucario x'D, what you think about tsareena btw? ah btw her trop kick has same animation as Razor leaf in Pokemon Spork x)

Edit: I have another question, is there z moves?? where I can find them if so??!

I like Tsareena, I used her in my Moon and Ultra Moon playthroughs! I love Trop Kick as a move too. Steenee is my favorite from the line though.

Z-moves were originally going to be available in Spork; I even helped beta test Reborn's z-move system. But when I tried to add them to Spork I got a syntax error and was too shy/embarrassed to ask for help >///<

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I've had problems with the editor before when using it to edit trainer data. Sometimes when I used it, it would delete some trainers from the trainers.txt PBS file and cause an error when loading the game because some trainers in the game were deleted. I eventually stopped using the editor after experiencing this a few times and just used the PBS files. 

Since editing trainer data deleted trainers, maybe editing Pokemon data deleted some Pokemon or info related to Pokemon for you. I'm going to send you the pokemon.txt file and we can see if this fixes the issue. In the Spork folder there's a sub-folder called PBS; place this file in there and when asked if you want to replace the existing file, say yes. 

EDIT: nevermind, it seems like Groniack fixed the issue while I was posting this XD Thanks for helping out with this. removed pokemon.txt file from post since Groniack fixed the file and it seems that wasn't the issue

oh and @Princess Titania you asked if there were any updates. I'm currently working on a final reupload to Spork that will include the player joining an idol group with the fruit-based characters, an expansion of Ocean Coast, all characters having nicknamed Pokemon, Enigma Shot U is revamping the maps, and there'll be some new sidequests. It won't be ready for a while though. 

Cool! Do you need any more help with the update? I'd be happy to help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
13 hours ago, thejimlahey said:

Here is my file.. hopefully someone can sort it out for me and send it me back.. either way. I wouldn't know how to load it back into my game without starting a new one so if anyone has a file from the 16th gym just after you beat the gym leader please let me know. 

Game.rxdata

I moved your post from the main Spork thread to the Save File Troubleshooting thread. The Spork Save File Troubleshooting thread is where to post for save-file related issues. 

I loaded up your save and you weren't frozen for me. Was it a "Script is hanging" error? Those usually happen once and then go away when you reload. 

Game.rxdata

I think I'll have permanent questions here aha. -saves in pocket-

Though in my last video with the sprite switching it was more of an accident hack ;

orz

also still trying figure out what this meant, but me and icy fixed it:

ni.PNG.473739ec009f4c67ee3938fbbaf2ef87.PNG

Edited by steffi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Global Mods
51 minutes ago, ArtemisDelacroix said:

Hey i was told that i could get some help with me being stuck on a tile. I'd greatly appreciate it if that could be one. Thank you.

Oh just a heads up, i played a lot with that editing tool in the game folder, not sure how relevant that bit of info is but yeah...

Game.rxdata

I got you out of the cave. When I loaded up your file, you weren't stuck in a black space, but that could be because mystery dungeons are randomized on each load. 

About the editing tool, I wouldn't recommend using it. A few people have gotten save file errors through it, and I've had trouble using it in the past before too. I also made a note advising people not to use it in the bug reporting thread:

image.thumb.png.ba1f3941e701bb30f611874e8851040e.png

I might remove it from the folder for the final release.

Game.rxdata