Spork + Delicia Sidegames Save File Troubleshooting Thread

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, diegolito00 said:

Hi, i may have a problem with this little girl, i have beaten the Umira gym but she's not going away as she is supposed to.

capture005.bmp 768.05 kB · 1 download Game.rxdata 180.89 kB · 0 downloads

Hi. You're on episode 4.5 and the most recent episode is 8. Umira's gym was the ending point for 4.5; you would need to download ep 8 to continue. I can tell without needing to download your save file because Carol's sprite in that screenshot is the placeholder sprite she used to have. (and because there have been others in the past who were on ep 4.5 too who mentioned this without knowing there was a newer episode or that they needed to update)

11 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hi. You're on episode 4.5 and the most recent episode is 8. Umira's gym was the ending point for 4.5; you would need to download ep 8 to continue. I can tell without needing to download your save file because Carol's sprite in that screenshot is the placeholder sprite she used to have. (and because there have been others in the past who were on ep 4.5 too who mentioned this without knowing there was a newer episode or that they needed to update)

Oh well, this is embarrassing xD, thank you so much!

• Global Mods
26 minutes ago, DruidByBirth said:

Kinda need help, i cant evolve my lvl 80 shiny porygon, just wont let me. i have upgrade, dubious disc and link stones. but it just says i cant do that or whatever...

Did you use the Up-Grade on the Porygon like an evolution stone? That's the intended way to evolve it in Spork. 

18 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Did you use the Up-Grade on the Porygon like an evolution stone? That's the intended way to evolve it in Spork. 

i only have the options of give, toss or cancel

will try in a minute, im currently using a shuckle to solo the flying gym cos my sister got rekt

18 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

ty for the use option. i should have tried that earlier ♥

dunnit.png

• 1 year later...

Hello, I started playing Spork last week and am having a lot of fun with it. Earlier today I reached the Dark type gym leader and challenged him to his battle. The pre-battle dialogue rolled out, and then the battle didn't start. I figured I needed to talk to him again, saved with CTRL+D, and then tried to press C again to talk and initiate battle. Nothing happened. I tried to move, and found I couldn't, nor open my bag. The only thing functioning seems to be, perversely, the quicksave. If you could help me un-stick myself I'd be very grateful.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Shoeless said:

Hello, I started playing Spork last week and am having a lot of fun with it. Earlier today I reached the Dark type gym leader and challenged him to his battle. The pre-battle dialogue rolled out, and then the battle didn't start. I figured I needed to talk to him again, saved with CTRL+D, and then tried to press C again to talk and initiate battle. Nothing happened. I tried to move, and found I couldn't, nor open my bag. The only thing functioning seems to be, perversely, the quicksave. If you could help me un-stick myself I'd be very grateful.

Game.rxdata 105.27 kB · 0 downloads

I'm happy you're having fun with Spork! Here's your save file, I wasn't stuck when loading up and I saved in front of Dylan. If you speak to him in front of him or to the left of him you'll be able to start the battle.

This is a known issue that's been fixed in the next reupload with Ashley and Dylan where they're set to move right to get to their positions in the arena, so if the player is to the right of them, they're in their walking path.

Game.rxdata

• 3 months later...

I recently started Pokemon Spork and now at Aliora Meadow, but for some reason I can't open the save file. I had no bug until I save and exit the game, but when I can try to open the save file, the following message popped up instead. Maybe the save file itself is broken, but I am trying here for the last chance.

bug.png.7e7984ccd9d4dc8e858dc4211602ff88.png

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, orderswrath said:

I recently started Pokemon Spork and now at Aliora Meadow, but for some reason I can't open the save file. I had no bug until I save and exit the game, but when I can try to open the save file, the following message popped up instead. Maybe the save file itself is broken, but I am trying here for the last chance.

bug.png.7e7984ccd9d4dc8e858dc4211602ff88.png

Game.rxdata 147.53 kB · 0 downloads

I was able to load your save file and attached it after saving, but if the error is what I think it is, the issue isn't your save file, but a generated PBS folder in your game folder. 

The error I think happened here is the one from soft resetting while in debug mode, which causes the game to generate some but not all PBS files the next time the game is loaded up. This was discovered around a month ago, and in the most recent reupload on March 11 I added a note about it to the debug trees to restart the game by clicking the X in the top right of the game window instead of soft resetting with an f key. (since you're in full screen, I think you would need to go to a smaller screen size to see the x. It not being viewable in full screen is something I hadn't considered and should add to the note for the next reupload) 

I've attached your save file, but if there's a folder named PBS in your Game folder, you'll want to delete the PBS folder. 

Game.rxdata

7 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I was able to load your save file and attached it after saving, but if the error is what I think it is, the issue isn't your save file, but a generated PBS folder in your game folder. 

The error I think happened here is the one from soft resetting while in debug mode, which causes the game to generate some but not all PBS files the next time the game is loaded up. This was discovered around a month ago, and in the most recent reupload I added a note about it to the debug trees to restart the game by clicking the X in the top right of the game window instead of soft resetting with an f key. (since you're in full screen, I think you would need to go to a smaller screen size to see the x. It not being viewable in full screen is something I hadn't considered and should add to the note for the next reupload) 

I've attached your save file, but if there's a folder named PBS in your Game folder, you'll want to delete the PBS folder. 

Game.rxdata 147.41 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for your aid, this game is truly relaxing after I become frustrated with pokemon reborn. I will be careful around not using soft reset. Though I don't understand about PBS folder because there isn't one in my game folder. I have other fangames with PBS folder, so it's unlikely that I just failed to found correct location. Should I be worried about not having one in my game folder?

• Global Mods
56 minutes ago, orderswrath said:

Thanks for your aid, this game is truly relaxing after I become frustrated with pokemon reborn. I will be careful around not using soft reset. Though I don't understand about PBS folder because there isn't one in my game folder. I have other fangames with PBS folder, so it's unlikely that I just failed to found correct location. Should I be worried about not having one in my game folder?

I'm glad you're enjoying Spork! If there's not a PBS folder, that might mean the error had a different cause, or that it's not always generated, and I'd need to more research on what could have happened. Hopefully your save file will be okay going forwards, but if not, I'll do my best to help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
1 hour ago, dragoniteborntacoz said:

i ran into an issue in my playthrew
i fought and lost to the girl in front of me but now when i try to rematch it acts like im doing the previous cutscene and then takes me out of the cave and i end up unable to move
sorry if this was supposed to be in bug reporting

Game.rxdata 269.09 kB · 1 download

When I loaded up your save you were in the Virtual Battlefield, while your file says you have 9 badges. The Virtual Battlefield is a postgame area, so I'm not sure how the game took you there. Is that where you ended up after you lost? I warped to the Pokemon Research Institute and saved there since it was the closest map to the Virtual Battlefield, I apologize if this is further from where you were before the glitch

This thread is the right place since it's a save file issue 👍

Game.rxdata

7 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

When I loaded up your save you were in the Virtual Battlefield, while your file says you have 9 badges. The Virtual Battlefield is a postgame area, so I'm not sure how the game took you there. Is that where you ended up after you lost? I warped to the Pokemon Research Institute and saved there since it was the closest map to the Virtual Battlefield, I apologize if this is further from where you were before the glitch

This thread is the right place since it's a save file issue 👍

Game.rxdata 121.98 kB · 0 downloads

i tried opening the game and it crashed
heres a screenshot of where i was before
basically its acting like the other two are still here and we go threw the 3 portals

stuck.jpg

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, dragoniteborntacoz said:

i tried opening the game and it crashed
heres a screenshot of where i was before
basically its acting like the other two are still here and we go threw the 3 portals

stuck.jpg

I see from the screenshot that you're playing an older version of Spork. That's the original Dark Dungeon map before it was revamped. That could explain why it still crashed after I sent the file back too, since the map I saved you in before has also been revamped, so it wouldn't look the same or might not even have the same map ID for you. 

This time I saved you in the Norall Pokemon Center. It should hopefully work this time since Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts have remained the same. I also recommend updating to the most recent reupload. 

Game.rxdata

45 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I see from the screenshot that you're playing an older version of Spork. That's the original Dark Dungeon map before it was revamped. That could explain why it still crashed after I sent the file back too, since the map I saved you in before has also been revamped, so it wouldn't look the same or might not even have the same map ID for you. 

This time I saved you in the Norall Pokemon Center. It should hopefully work this time since Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts have remained the same. I also recommend updating to the most recent reupload. 

Game.rxdata 106.73 kB · 0 downloads

thank you
didnt realize the game had updated because i had already beaten it once before
just lost my save file when transferring everything to my new computer

• 1 month later...

So I was just starting to do the postgame, and got to the cutscene to open the Battle Frontier. That progressed as normal, but when the cutscene ended my sprite was stuck facing north (though I could still move around). Leaving the map didn't fix it, changing my sprite at a Pokémon Center didn't fix it, doing events (like Rematching Dylan) that are supposed to change which direction you're facing didn't fix it... Broke the game when I turned Debug on and then accidentally reset with F12, so I had to re-extract Spork from the Zip file- and it still wasn't fixed when that was over... I've done just about everything I can do, I think. 

Please help me.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, aux Cord said:

So I was just starting to do the postgame, and got to the cutscene to open the Battle Frontier. That progressed as normal, but when the cutscene ended my sprite was stuck facing north (though I could still move around). Leaving the map didn't fix it, changing my sprite at a Pokémon Center didn't fix it, doing events (like Rematching Dylan) that are supposed to change which direction you're facing didn't fix it... Broke the game when I turned Debug on and then accidentally reset with F12, so I had to re-extract Spork from the Zip file- and it still wasn't fixed when that was over... I've done just about everything I can do, I think. 

Please help me.

Game.rxdata 128.03 kB · 1 download

Direction fixes like this happen when a player is on an object where they can only move in certain directions. For example when you're climbing a ladder, you can only move up and down, not left and right. It happening with the Battle Frontier is strange...I don't believe there's anything on that map or in that scene that's intended to cause it, so this is something I'll need to look into. 

How I fixed it was going to Technicolor Forest and climbing up and back down the ladder to Mable's treehouse. Direction fix issues can be fixed by going to an object that has a direction fix and then when you step away from the object, the player's directions will be back to normal. 

Game.rxdata

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Direction fixes like this happen when a player is on an object where they can only move in certain directions. For example when you're climbing a ladder, you can only move up and down, not left and right. It happening with the Battle Frontier is strange...I don't believe there's anything on that map or in that scene that's intended to cause it, so this is something I'll need to look into. 

How I fixed it was going to Technicolor Forest and climbing up and back down the ladder to Mable's treehouse. Direction fix issues can be fixed by going to an object that has a direction fix and then when you step away from the object, the player's directions will be back to normal. 

Game.rxdata 185.61 kB · 0 downloads

I see! Thank you! If it helps you look into what went wrong, I had used debug earlier to have all the Eeveelution Zodiac signs at once. I can't imagine why that would cause me to get stuck like that at the Frontier, but that's the only thing that I can think of that would make my situation different enough to get stuck.

• Global Mods
29 minutes ago, aux Cord said:

I see! Thank you! If it helps you look into what went wrong, I had used debug earlier to have all the Eeveelution Zodiac signs at once. I can't imagine why that would cause me to get stuck like that at the Frontier, but that's the only thing that I can think of that would make my situation different enough to get stuck.

I tested this just now by giving myself all the Eeveelution signs and setting the necessary switches for the Battle Frontier scene to play, but after the scene my walking directions were still normal. It seems like there was something else that was causing you to get locked into facing north. Once in a while there's an extremely specific and otherworldly glitch like this 😅 Thanks for the details, though! I appreciate that you explained what happened beforehand to help with finding the cause. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

This happened to someone else yesterday too (also in Aliora Meadow). Unfortunately, at this time I don't know what causes the error and haven't been able to replicate it from my end. But for the other person, after I saved and sent back their save file, it was fixed from their end and they were able to continue playing. Does the game work again after downloading the attached file?

Game.rxdata