Spork + Delicia Sidegames Save File Troubleshooting Thread

• Global Mods

If you're stuck somewhere (as in literally can't move your player character, or otherwise can't progress), upload your save file in this thread and I'll (or anyone else who wants to help) do my best to unstuck you.

Instructions on how to upload your save file for those who need it. This guide is for Reborn, but also works for Spork and all other RPG Maker/Essentials fangames: http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/save/

When uploading your save files, it would be most convenient for me if you're not playing in full screen mode, since I don't know how to exit the game in full screen after saving. This isn't a requirement for uploading + requesting, as I can just change your screen size in options, and then let you know I needed to change it. Changing from full screen to a different size before uploading your file is a slight convenience that would save us both ~15-30 seconds, but I won't be upset with you if you do upload in full screen, as it doesn't take long for me to change the screen size and for you to change it back. 

• Upvote 1

hey,um i have a question about my saved file.So if i'm not wrong my saved file is suppose to be under the saved game folder but when i click open file location just like in the Guide it brought me to where i download and play the game?I remembered having a conversation about this issue with you in the chat box but i said i just ignore it since i already finished the game(the conversation about the move skydive bug).That was when i didn't realize how important it was to have the saved file at the right place cause if there is a new reupload of spork i have to download it and play the first one to be able to experience the new stuff without erasing the new one cause they contained the bug fixes and new contents.

• Global Mods
16 hours ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

hey,um i have a question about my saved file.So if i'm not wrong my saved file is suppose to be under the saved game folder but when i click open file location just like in the Guide it brought me to where i download and play the game?I remembered having a conversation about this issue with you in the chat box but i said i just ignore it since i already finished the game(the conversation about the move skydive bug).That was when i didn't realize how important it was to have the saved file at the right place cause if there is a new reupload of spork i have to download it and play the first one to be able to experience the new stuff without erasing the new one cause they contained the bug fixes and new contents.

Are you able to take a screenshot of which file(s) are in the Saved Games folder?

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

hey,can you help me?

or did i say something wrong and you might find it offensive to you then i'm so sorry.

or if you trying to find a solution for me then you don't need to be hurry just take your time and i will always appreciate the support.

I don't understand why it's happening as it's not something I've ever seen mentioned for any fangame, and I was afraid to say something like "I don't understand what's happening" because that might give the impression that I wasn't interested/didn't even try to help. But I honestly don't think I'll be able to help with this; I think the only hope would be that someone else might see this and know what the issue is. 

don't worry it's okay that i have this issue, i just share it with everyone thinking may be they can help.I don't have the right to complaining about anyone that tried their best and in this case you're the creator of the game so there is no reason i can just complaining about you not knowing how to fix the issue .Nobody is perfect that's mean so am i and so are you .

Maybe someone else can solve this prolem but please don't feel shy for anything you can't do.

Edited by nhannguyen2141
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey,

please i got an error in game when selecting my savegame to continue playing, an error pops up: Script 'Pscreen_load' line 399: NoMethodError occured, undefined method 'update map' for nil:Nilclass !

Please help me :( I got finally my aegislash :(, and nearly perfect alakazam after 500 eggs hatching :(

error.JPG

• Global Mods
25 minutes ago, Enora said:

Hey,

please i got an error in game when selecting my savegame to continue playing, an error pops up: Script 'Pscreen_load' line 399: NoMethodError occured, undefined method 'update map' for nil:Nilclass !

Please help me 😞 I got finally my aegislash :(, and nearly perfect alakazam after 500 eggs hatching 😞

error.JPG

I looked up the line mentioned in the error and

image.png.d53e49b80bad4f5fbef72fb1b51a4e48.png

it seems to have something to do with maps and wild encounters? That's as much as I can guess since this error hasn't been reported before to my memory and I have zero coding knowledge. 

A few questions:

1. Are you playing on Windows or Mac?

2. What was the last thing you did the last time you played the game?

3. Can you post your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread? I'll see if the same happens to me when I load your file. 

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Enora said:

I did nothing, but before starting playing I edited alakazam movesets, but didn't give any error, where I can find savefile? I'm on Windows 8.1

There was another user who had errors after editing data. IIRC they edited Flareon's levelup learnset.

Here's a guide on how to find your save file. This is for Reborn but it also works with Spork and all other fangames made using RMXP and Essentials.

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, Enora said:

Yes I edited alakazam learnset, is it not fixable ? 😕

I'm not sure why editing data like learnsets gives people errors, but I'll make a note in the bug reporting thread recommending against doing it so that hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future. 

In the other person's case, IIRC they ended up fixing it on their own, but then got another error after editing game data again. I think they eventually solved it, but I don't think they explained how they did it. 

If by "is it not fixable" you mean the issue with your file, I'm doing my best to help you with it. The link I provided in my last post will explain where your save file is located (again, the guide is for Reborn but it works with all RPG Maker fangames). Once you've read that, you can upload your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread and I'll see if I can replicate and/or fix the error. 

EDIT: moved convo to the save file troubleshooting thread

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, Enora said:

Ah thank you then, here save file ^_^Game.rxdata

Edit: I put wrong save, I corrected it now

I got the error when loading your file too. This is interesting because with the other person, I didn't get the error.

I'm going to try to find the conversation in the Spork thread where the other user had the error and see if there's any details I'm not remembering that'd be helpful for solving this.

Edit: @Enora 

image.png.ad1d1ae7ff5a0d972fad7a7cc2ec54c7.png

For this person, redownloading the game worked. 

Maybe it's moveset, cuz I edited before alakazam to learn aurasphere and electroball, and then I removed them and replaced them his official moveset but he is still having them in savefile, that's what caused this error I think, ah btw can we catch mewtwo? if so where? x'D

Edit: I reedited alakazam to give him again aurasphere and electroball, but error still there 😕

Edited by Enora

• Global Mods
Just now, Enora said:

Maybe it's moveset, cuz I edited before alakazam to learn aurasphere and electroball, and then I removed them and replaced them his official moveset but he is still having them in savefile, that's what caused this error I think, ah btw can we catch mewtwo? if so where? x'D

It seems like we posted at the same time XD I just edited my last post, but I found the conversation and redownloading the game worked for the other person. Maybe that will work here too? 

All Pokemon are catchable, yes. For Mewtwo, there's a notepad file in the game folder named legendarysidequests that gives details for where and how to catch all the legendaries.

For Mewtwo, the marblelocations notepad file might also be helpful. 

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, Enora said:

So I have only to redownload the game? and use the same savefile? cuz if so why it didnt work for u when you used the savefile i posted? 😕

Now that you mention it, I have no idea tbh. 

If the game crashes because Alakazam has moves it doesn't learn, wouldn't it just crash for you after you redownload the game? 

The only reason I could think of off the top of my head that redownloading worked in the other case is that maybe Princess Titania edited Flareon to learn Earthquake at a higher level than their Flareon was currently at, so the Flareon hadn't actually learned the move. 

@Princess Titania if you're still here on the site, would you able to offer any details you remember that could help us?

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Enora said:

I redownloaded the game it's still same problem sadly

I guess we'll have to wait for Princess Titania to respond then. Or maybe @groniack might know more about the issue? He's been very helpful in the Spork thread with solving scripting-related errors, both for other users and for me. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't help more. I hope the issue can be solved somehow.

9 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Now that you mention it, I have no idea tbh. 

If the game crashes because Alakazam has moves it doesn't learn, wouldn't it just crash for you after you redownload the game? 

The only reason I could think of off the top of my head that redownloading worked in the other case is that maybe Princess Titania edited Flareon to learn Earthquake at a higher level than their Flareon was currently at, so the Flareon hadn't actually learned the move. 

@Princess Titania if you're still here on the site, would you able to offer any details you remember that could help us?

I remember that editing PBS files can sometimes cause the game to not load. I had some script errors so I had to delete the game and redownload. I don't know how this happens. I recall edting the PBS in Reborn (even though nothing happened) to make Latias have an 100% encounter rate somewhere. The game never crashed though.

Oh, and I haven't played Spork in a while (or Reborn) I don't really like Pokemon all that much anymore and therefore don't play often. I still found Spork way better than any other Pokemon game, though, so are there any updates or stuff like that?

I actually don't know why this happens... 😞 You just edited the pokemon PBS file, right? I will do some tests with your save file to see if I can make it work though. I will post again if I find a way to fix this.

Thank you guys, last thing I recall is that I edited alakazam moveset and restored them to his original moves, cuz I had him learned aura sphere and electro ball ( I hadn't mewtwo, so I said why not make alakazam my mewtwo x'D) well guess having a mewtwo or something similar to it isn't my destiny xD