Whats an underrated Special Attacker?

Gham

Currently as I await episode 19 (as if im unique in that regard), Ive been trying out new team combinations and breeding pokemon to experiment with in the future.

Want to know who you guys use that would be fun to check out. Between Excadrill, Mega Pinsner, Dragonite, azumarill etc. there are a lot of good OP physical attackers but I rarely use Special attackers to build teams around. Who do yall love? Who was your unsung hero of your playthroughs?

Looking to escape the enchantment of my PC filled with stacked pseudo legendries 

Well you can see underrated in many ways for some players.... so I will name some of the ones I never used until Reborn, but I will also include some I love to use:

- Porygon-Z (Never was a huge fan of normal type pokemons) but this one is a glass canon

- Kingdra with Switf Swim

- Love to Play with Zoroark (High Speed and Special Attack), It can also learn Flamethrower so there are some move variaties.

- Volcarona

- Gardevoir with Mega Stone

- Psiana and Jolteon are not bad

- Froslass with an Alola Nintelaes (Also not bad with Special Attack and Speed) and Snow Warning (You can spam Blizzard and it never misses, also Froslass is harder to hit in a Snowstorm)

- Hydreigon got good Special Attack

These are only some suggestions and by god there are many more. 

As for what I'm using the most I guess it is Zoroark or if I'm building a team around something then I think the Froslass combination is fun to play with. Same goes with something like Typhlosion and Sunny Day (Spam Eruption or something like that).

And if I'm not mistaken, Mega Gardevoir got the highest special attack of all the fairy type pokemons.

Here a Screenshot of my box (I completed the dex so spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

image.png.ef585f8bac0e005961b7c063eb4a4050.png

image.png.9f6fe71c34e46cd8aec12321f289a039.png

That is what I'm using so far, and I'm still expanding in preperation of E19 :D cause I got nothing else to do.

• Like 1

Just now, Jace3 said:

Well you can see underrated in many ways for some players.... so I will name some of the ones I never used until Reborn, but I will also include some I love to use:

- Porygon-Z (Never was a huge fan of normal type pokemons) but this one is a glass canon

- Kingdra with Switf Swim

- Love to Play with Zoroark (High Speed and Special Attack), It can also learn Flamethrower so there are some move variaties.

- Volcarona

- Gardevoir with Mega Stone

- Psiana and Jolteon are not bad

- Froslass with an Alola Nintelaes (Also not bad with Special Attack and Speed) and Snow Warning (You can spam Blizzard and it never misses, also Froslass is harder to hit in a Snowstorm)

- Hydreigon got good Special Attack

These are only some suggestions and by god there are many more. 

As for what I'm using the most I guess it is Zoroark or if I'm building a team around something then I think the Froslass combination is fun to play with. Same goes with something like Typhlosion and Sunny Day (Spam Eruption or something like that).

And if I'm not mistaken, Mega Gardevoir got the highest special attack of all the fairy type pokemons.

Here a Screenshot of my box (I completed the dex so spoilers ahead)

Hide contents

image.png.ef585f8bac0e005961b7c063eb4a4050.png

image.png.9f6fe71c34e46cd8aec12321f289a039.png

That is what I'm using so far, and I'm still expanding in preperation of E19 :D cause I got nothing else to do.

Thats a good list. I also am hopping to get a swampert mega stone in episode 19 and thus have prepared a Pelliper ahead of time, somaybe a kingdra would be fun with dat drizzle! 

Also: What Spread and moves are you running on the metagross? been thinking of breeding mine but like am too lazy and want to know it will be useful. 

Just now, Display name said:

Critdra is absolutely amazing slightly underrated and needs agility setup tho

So youre a fan of giving her like a scope lens? Maybe like agility and like focus energy? lol that would be awesome 

Starmie is pretty reliable as a strong revenge killer. Good sp. attack, excellent speed, insane movepool including its STABs and the famous BoltBeam. You can even use something like Recover or Rapid Spin depending on the rest of your team.

If you plan to go rain Omastar is also a good option.

Edited by RocketOSullivan

7 hours ago, Gham said:

Thats a good list. I also am hopping to get a swampert mega stone in episode 19 and thus have prepared a Pelliper ahead of time, somaybe a kingdra would be fun with dat drizzle! 

Also: What Spread and moves are you running on the metagross? been thinking of breeding mine but like am too lazy and want to know it will be useful. 

On the metagross I'm currently running:

EV/IV: Attack and Speed on 252

Moves: Zen-Headbut. Bulletpunch, Meteor Mash, Agility

Items: Quick Claw

When the TMs Earthquake is available I would reconsider the Moveset. Also I think, every moveset relies on your team sync. With this build I rely on 1 agility boost. After that it can sweap a lot of teams. I choose the moveset, because I don't have a lot of steel type moves. 

You can also choose to change the EV/IV to Attack and HP, so it can tank more. Since I want to be a speedy one, I also have a jolly nature. So far it worked. You can also use a Pokemon with Baton Pass for a set up. A set up Metagross is unstoppable like a Ninjask with speed boost and a Focus Sash or stuff like that.

11 hours ago, Gham said:

So youre a fan of giving her like a scope lens? Maybe like agility and like focus energy? lol that would be awesome 

absolutely focus energy scope lens sniper

my moveset is generally surf dragon pulse agility focus energy and modest if I can or ice beam surf dragon pulse and focus energy with timid

13 minutes ago, Display name said:

absolutely focus energy scope lens sniper

my moveset is generally surf dragon pulse agility focus energy and modest if I can or ice beam surf dragon pulse and focus energy with timid

Last night I went ahead and started breeding a Horsea and an egg move it carries is aurora beam! so while i wait for ice beam im gonna run agility, aurora beam, focus energy, surf! 

6 hours ago, Jace3 said:

On the metagross I'm currently running:

EV/IV: Attack and Speed on 252

Moves: Zen-Headbut. Bulletpunch, Meteor Mash, Agility

Items: Quick Claw

When the TMs Earthquake is available I would reconsider the Moveset. Also I think, every moveset relies on your team sync. With this build I rely on 1 agility boost. After that it can sweap a lot of teams. I choose the moveset, because I don't have a lot of steel type moves. 

You can also choose to change the EV/IV to Attack and HP, so it can tank more. Since I want to be a speedy one, I also have a jolly nature. So far it worked. You can also use a Pokemon with Baton Pass for a set up. A set up Metagross is unstoppable like a Ninjask with speed boost and a Focus Sash or stuff like that.

Ya see Metagross such a good mon and im always tempted to breed it. rn ive been using a baton pass scolipede strat with iron defense/boost to give mega gardevior an OP stored power, and being able to pass to two pokemon would be pretty cool.

Edited by Gham
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fellowry said:

Ribombee is a really underrated, it hits quite hard and has montrous speed, perfect for stickyweb setup, the only downside is that it has a limited movepool

there is a focus slash ribombee at the circus that through training gave me trouble every single time and i now get intimidated by Ribombees. I might actually train one since sticky webs will nerf most enemies. also i hate how slow araquanid is and so in terms of sticky webs, id take ribombee over the spider Galvantula any day.

Some of the good ones have already been mentioned. Others I can think of -

• Venusaur - Life Orb + Chlorophyll + Growth +Sun/Rainbow field
  • Alolan Raichu - Electric terrain + Surge Surfer + Nasty Plot
  • Alolan Persian - Fur Coat + Nasty Plot
  • Kingdra - Sniper + Focus Energy + Scope Lens + Draco Meteor
  • Vaporeon - Bulky and hits reasonably hard
  • Omastar - Shell Smash + Weak Armor/Swift Swim
  • Typhlosion - Eruption in the Sun
  • Ampharos/Mega Ampharos - Bulky and hits hard
  • Yanmega - Speed boost / Tinted Lens
  • Espeon - Budget Alakazam with Magic Bounce
  • Houndoom - Decent glass cannon
  • Venomoth - Quiver Dance + Tinted Lens
  • Ludicolo - Life Orb + Swift Swim + Rain
  • Shiftry - Chlorophyll + Nasty Plot
  • Masquerain - Intimidate/Quiver Dance/Sticky Web
  • Exploud - Choice Specs + Boomburst
  • Camerupt - Great movepool, good for early game
  • Mega Altaria - Pixilate + Hyper Voice
  • Gorebyss - Swift Swim + Shell Smash
  • Drifblim - Flare Boost + Flame Orb
  • Mismagius - Nasty Plot + good coverage
  • Mega Abomasnow - Snow Warning + Blizzard
  • Musharna - Trick Room + Calm Mind
  • Swoobat - Calm Mind + Simple
  • Seismitoad - Swift Swim + Rain
  • Sigiliyph - Tinted Lens/Magic Guard
  • Vanilluxe - Snow Warning + Blizzard
  • Galvantula - Compound Eyes + Thunder + Sticky Web
  • Eelektross - No type weakness + can be a mixed attacker
  • Pyroar - Unique STAB and good stats
  • Clawitzer - Mega Launcher + Pulse moves

Just now, Progfan_r said:

Some of the good ones have already been mentioned. Others I can think of -

• Venusaur - Life Orb + Chlorophyll + Growth +Sun/Rainbow field
  • Alolan Raichu - Electric terrain + Surge Surfer + Nasty Plot
  • Alolan Persian - Fur Coat + Nasty Plot
  • Kingdra - Sniper + Focus Energy + Scope Lens + Draco Meteor
  • Vaporeon - Bulky and hits reasonably hard
  • Omastar - Shell Smash + Weak Armor/Swift Swim
  • Typhlosion - Eruption in the Sun
  • Ampharos/Mega Ampharos - Bulky and hits hard
  • Yanmega - Speed boost / Tinted Lens
  • Espeon - Budget Alakazam with Magic Bounce
  • Houndoom - Decent glass cannon
  • Venomoth - Quiver Dance + Tinted Lens
  • Ludicolo - Life Orb + Swift Swim + Rain
  • Shiftry - Chlorophyll + Nasty Plot
  • Masquerain - Intimidate/Quiver Dance/Sticky Web
  • Exploud - Choice Specs + Boomburst
  • Camerupt - Great movepool, good for early game
  • Mega Altaria - Pixilate + Hyper Voice
  • Gorebyss - Swift Swim + Shell Smash
  • Drifblim - Flare Boost + Flame Orb
  • Mismagius - Nasty Plot + good coverage
  • Mega Abomasnow - Snow Warning + Blizzard
  • Musharna - Trick Room + Calm Mind
  • Swoobat - Calm Mind + Simple
  • Seismitoad - Swift Swim + Rain
  • Sigiliyph - Tinted Lens/Magic Guard
  • Vanilluxe - Snow Warning + Blizzard
  • Galvantula - Compound Eyes + Thunder + Sticky Web
  • Eelektross - No type weakness + can be a mixed attacker
  • Pyroar - Unique STAB and good stats
  • Clawitzer - Mega Launcher + Pulse moves

Exploud was the MVP of one of my first rejuvination runs, super underrated! Also appreciate the "budget Alakasam" haha you are not wrong. While I hesitate to use too many mons that need weather or set up to be good (as most of mine already need that) which makes me more inclined to look at Mega Abomasnow, who is super awesome. He's in a PC box called "needs to be trained" and has been since I caught it in 2019 haha. Maybe its time.  

• Like 1