Pokemon Desolation Perfect Ending?

LuckyTiger

I heard that there was a perfect ending to this game and am curious on all of the things you have to do to get it. I've heard you have to read 9 books and choose to save Shiv. My questions would be where are the books? Is Shiv actually the right choice? and is there anymore to do for it? I want to make sure what I heard was correct and I wasn't just being trolled or accidentally given wrong info.

Your opportunity to read the books start some time after you meet garret and the two of you go to the private section of the library

Those books are laid across the floor of both the library and of shiv's mansion(not the one in silver forrest, it you are at the right point in the game you will know which one i m refering to) and are differently colored:none of them are particularly hard to find(not locked behind any kind of puzzle) and just require wanting to explore the two place.

You don't need to read all 9 of them: if i m not wrong you only need to read 5 of them and 7 is enough to get the "good" ending even if you didn't side with shiv.The shiv choice that is refered to is not the first one with nova, but the one in Cella.

I d say there is some sense to siding against shiv in the second one and doing so wont lock out out of a good ending(i can talk in spoiler if you want but i m keeping it vague on purpose).But siding with him at the time make the situation at the end of ep5 marginally better and can back you up if you didn't read enough of them

On 12/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, LuckyTiger said:

I've heard you have to read 9 books and choose to save Shiv.

This is partially correct. 

1. You need to read the full diary in the Cellia Library Archives including entry #5 which is in a locked room. 

This is only assessible if you do the police quest given to you by Rosetta then talking to her before meeting up with Gerrett to enter the archives.

Choose to tell her that you want to get into the archives and while wary, she'll give you the Archive Key (completing the police quest will establish your trustworthiness to her). 
The Archive Key will open the locked room containing entry #5. 

You get a hot I believe it was 10 or 15 credits for completing the police quest so why wouldn't you?

2. Yes, when prompted to side with a twin, side with Shiv (and save Nova). 

Spoiler

3. Aurora will ask you two questions while in an alternate dimension. 
The first one doesn't seem to matter, while the second is crucial.
There will be a third option: 'She saved Shiv's life' ONLY if you read the diary entry in the locked room. 
Select this as it's the only option that gets Nova through the event alive and unharmed while also presumably saving Aurora. 

4. The 9 books are in the Dreamscape or "the real world" which you end up in after you beat Rosetta and will each yield the prompt: "A feeling of curiosity washes over you..."
If you CONDEMNED Nova all 9 books are required to still get the "good ending". 
If you SAVED Nova only 7 of the 9 are required. 

Thus far those are all the conditions I am aware of. Curtesy of this guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnX8PFf5YOT46w9Et2pfXZissBQSgQBP/view

I'm not certain if who you give the Onix Stone to in Weeping Depths matters but I haven't come across someone thus far who gave it to Nova and nor did I as it's quite well established at that point that while both characters are shady, Nova is lesser trustworthy. 
I would guess that it does does matter and that giving it to Shiv is the "good ending" choice. 

Spoiler

P.S if anyone gave the stone to Nova, killed Nova and/or killed Scarlett, I'm curious to know the differences in both events and dialogue. 
i.e If Scarlett is dead what happens in her round of the Celia battle tournament? Is she replaced or is the round skipped entirely?

Spoiler

I don't know all the differences, but one thing I do know if that if Scarlett dies, it's Hardy who replaces her during the Cellia tournament. I found an entry for him in the trainers files while I was writing the guide. 

1 hour ago, Yumil said:
  Hide contents

I don't know all the differences, but one thing I do know if that if Scarlett dies, it's Hardy who replaces her during the Cellia tournament. I found an entry for him in the trainers files while I was writing the guide. 

Interesting. I thought I read that in an old post but it seemed as though the poster had mixed up the tournament with Garret's side quest in which Hardy is the boss battle. 

Spoiler

Does that change or do you battle him twice?

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:16 PM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

This is partially correct. 

1. You need to read the full diary in the Cellia Library Archives including entry #5 which is in a locked room. 

This is only assessible if you do the police quest given to you by Rosetta then talking to her before meeting up with Gerrett to enter the archives.

Choose to tell her that you want to get into the archives and while wary, she'll give you the Archive Key (completing the police quest will establish your trustworthiness to her). 
The Archive Key will open the locked room containing entry #5. 

You get a hot I believe it was 10 or 15 credits for completing the police quest so why wouldn't you?

2. Yes, when prompted to side with a twin, side with Shiv (and save Nova). 

Hide contents

3. Aurora will ask you two questions while in an alternate dimension. 
The first one doesn't seem to matter, while the second is crucial.
There will be a third option: 'She saved Shiv's life' ONLY if you read the diary entry in the locked room. 
Select this as it's the only option that gets Nova through the event alive and unharmed while also presumably saving Aurora. 

4. The 9 books are in the Dreamscape or "the real world" which you end up in after you beat Rosetta and will each yield the prompt: "A feeling of curiosity washes over you..."
If you DID NOT save Nova all 9 books are required to still get the "good ending". 
If you DID save Nova only 7 of the 9 are required. 

Thus far those are all the conditions I am aware of. Curtesy of this guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnX8PFf5YOT46w9Et2pfXZissBQSgQBP/view

I'm not certain if who you give the Onix Stone to in Weeping Depths matters but I haven't come across someone thus far who gave it to Nova and nor did I as it's quite well established at that point that while both characters are shady, Nova is lesser trustworthy. 
I would guess that it does does matter and that giving it to Shiv is the "good ending" choice. 

Hide contents

P.S if anyone gave the stone to Nova, killed Nova and/or killed Scarlett, I'm curious to know the differences in both events and dialogue. 
i.e If Scarlett is dead what happens in her round of the Celia battle tournament? Is she replaced or is the round skipped entirely?

If Scarlett dies at the roof, you will battle Hardy in the Celia Tournament before Rosetta’s battle in Scarlett’s Place.