Marionette Struggle Train

Duoshiki

So yes, I'll start off with I'm definitely not as good as I once was. Okay got it now lets get through the grit. That child has given me nightmares, I've failed many times cause of her.

Now my team consist of

Swoobat
Fletchinder
Bibarel
Combusken
Grimer (Alolan)

and Graveler

It would be very much appreciated if I was kinda told what I should do cause I've been stuck for a moment. Changing pokemon, getting moves, etr. Anything in that regard will help and I don't mind grinding 
( Assume my team is max level 30 )

1 minute ago, Dark Champion said:

umm in my opinion I say just train a lot and take risks

Actually I cant train since they're already max level, and taking risks doesn't help since most of her team outspeeds mine and literally one of her moves can one shot most of my team 

Thanks I guess. 

1) Psychic, Normal and Fairy types are really good on her field. Go to Amethyst Cave. There are several helpful pokemon you can catch there, like Natu or Solrock/Lunatone, and especially in the Amethyst Grotto, the place where you fought against Spirit Keta, like Jigglypuff and Girafarig. There is also Cutiefly in that yellow meadows part in Amethyst Cave, the part that is blocked by Rock Smash boulders and Cut trees.

2) Get the TM Psych Up. Marianette likes to set up Cosmic Power, so copying her stats in one go can be really helpful. The TM can be found during the Hidden Library Quest 2 (Sheridan Help Center). Or catch Lunatone/Solrock in Amethyst Cave, since they both also learn Cosmic Power.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

scratch that.

Get some fast fighting types like a Lucario know power up punch

Note: I do not know how to get Lucario

then why are you here? it's kind of annoying to see random, pretty much useless tips being given in this thread.

anyways, op, what's your difficulty (casual, normal or intense)?

calm mind swoobat should be able to sweep, if you're in normal/intense focus on taking down the baton passer first with combusken (double kick should work) [E: does graveler already learn self destruct? if so try that] or steal its boosts with psych up (swoobat).

if you're really dedicated you could also breed natu/xatu and swoobat to make a woobat with stored power and just break her team from there (also gives you a chance to ev your swoobat again lol).

xatu is fine on its own too with ominous wind (changes the field effect to the haunted field. make sure to have a good ghost type mon/other mons with good ghost type though otherwise it's more or less useless if xatu goes down

maybe you tried this already though, just write out what happens if this doesn't work (ie each turn's events).

worst case scenario you could try sending the save file and i/anyone else could experiment and find a working strat, but let's avoid that right now

Edited by \/agrant
  • Upvote 2

hmmmmmmm

Great question

why AM i here idk to offer advice? marianette is a normal user Lucario with power-up punch would be good its fast and powerful and has the type advantage

Lucario isn't available in the game...

Spoiler

Unless you play WLL and get the true ending. Even so, you still have to reach Grand dream city which is way latter in the game.

About the help request, you could also get rare candies and evolve some pokemons of your team (like Combusken or Fletchinder) and then give them common candies to return to the limit level, but that would give you too much work and other people already gave good tips.

11 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

see thats how stupid I am

You just don't know enough about the game yet.

I understand that you want to participate in the community and help others but you aren't in the best position to do so yet. You will have that chance once you have more experience with the game so don't worry.

hmmmmmmm

Great question

why AM i here idk to offer advice? marianette is a normal user Lucario with power-up punch would be good its fast and powerful and has the type advantage

sorry if i'm being aggressive here. my issue is that you likely don't seem to have played rejuv (which is fine). i understand you have good intentions but if you speak without knowing what you are speaking about it floods the thread and doesn't really help the op

9 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

i dont really care about reju so i dont pay attention thats why im still stuck at Venam's gym on intense im more focused on Reborn

then we just go back to the same old topic, why reply to a rejuv related question without having any experience? in any case i don't feel like continuing this discussion since i feel like it's just gonna clog the thread even more. 

21 hours ago, \/agrant said:

then why are you here? it's kind of annoying to see random, pretty much useless tips being given in this thread.

anyways, op, what's your difficulty (casual, normal or intense)?

calm mind swoobat should be able to sweep, if you're in normal/intense focus on taking down the baton passer first with combusken (double kick should work) [E: does graveler already learn self destruct? if so try that] or steal its boosts with psych up (swoobat).

if you're really dedicated you could also breed natu/xatu and swoobat to make a woobat with stored power and just break her team from there (also gives you a chance to ev your swoobat again lol).

xatu is fine on its own too with ominous wind (changes the field effect to the haunted field. make sure to have a good ghost type mon/other mons with good ghost type though otherwise it's more or less useless if xatu goes down

maybe you tried this already though, just write out what happens if this doesn't work (ie each turn's events).

worst case scenario you could try sending the save file and i/anyone else could experiment and find a working strat, but let's avoid that right now

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the assistance !
 I did a casual run cause ( aint no way im good for normal lol ) and was able to have a little rough sailing with switching my swoobat for xatu and just used that.