[E19] Thoughts and speculations (SPOILERS)

RocketOSullivan

True, I mentioned a single battle for Elias but your point is 100% fair, after all Rado was also fought in double. I add Mega-Audino has an ability made for doubles.

Nature Power into Judgment is even more threatening than Hyper Voice for Drampa, exception being made if it holds a plate. But yeah you are definitely right. About the Trick Room, about Oranguru, and about the distribution being fine for Laura and El in double.

• 1 month later...

To bounce back on the Elias stuff, yeah definitely he will be fought in double under Trick Room, 99%, his potential is way too obvious in that format with the Holy Field. And his Oranguru lead is gonna hold a Magical Seed, so you can't taunt it turn 1 while setting up the TR in addition to a +1 Sp Attack boost, same, 99%. As for the moveset, Instruct, Nature Power, Trick Room and probably Psychic, even though I think Psyshock would be a better option, cause you would want to bring some specially bulky stuff against these Normal special attackers, and with Psyshock your Blissey gets destroyed. Reminding the fight against Hazuki in Rejuvenation and her Corviknight I can imagine a Sash suicide lead Smeargle with Follow Me/Rage Powder alongside Oranguru, and maybe stuff like Stealth Rock, Spore and whatever (not Sticky Web obviously), but not so sure. Speaking of Sticky Web, maybe it could be a reliable strategy if you set it up in your own team in order to counter the Trick Room, taking benefit of the Oranguru's Magic Coat turn 1 given by the seed.

Also the Hyper Voice potential is decupled in double as the move can hit both of the opponents. That's why I definitely see a plate (probably Flame but maybe Pixie, Fist, Mind or Earth) on his Drampa, with both Nature Power and Hyper Voice.

But obviously only one Trick Room setter is not enough for El. Fortunalely for him he should have many options in his hand. First I totally missed the point that Audino can also learn it which makes me even more certain that he will be a TR fighter. Mega Audino with Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Trick Room and Heal Pulse/Wish/Helping Hand, not sure which one would be more helpful. And last I was wondering, what about an Eviolite Porygon2, which can learn Trick Room, and could be very annoying and not so passive on the Holy Field ? I know it's a non-evolved form but I feel like it could be a really solid option for our Arceus priest. Tri Attack, Trick Room, Recover and something like Toxic or a Psychic move and let's go.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, RocketOSullivan said:

Well since Ame and Cass are about to insistently tease us with Razor Wind for few months, I was wondering what is that all about ? Nothing is sure by any means, but I suspect a high buff on it, something like healing you by 25 or 50% first turn or increasing some stat, I would bend over a defensive utility.

Then with all that heavy teasing, I was expecting that it would be highlighted in at least one major fight, to show how it shines. And I was wondering, which one ? So I tried to figure out which Pokemon could make a good use of it, and I noticed Drampa could learn it.

Pidgeot can learn Razor Wind as well, so it could also work for Heather if she uses a Mega Pidgeot

4 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

To bounce back on the Elias stuff, yeah definitely he will be fought in double under Trick Room, 99%, his potential is way too obvious in that format with the Holy Field. And his Oranguru lead is gonna hold a Magical Seed, so you can't taunt it turn 1 while setting up the TR in addition to a +1 Sp Attack boost, same, 99%. As for the moveset, Instruct, Nature Power, Trick Room and probably Psychic, even though I think Psyshock would be a better option, cause you would want to bring some specially bulky stuff against these Normal special attackers, and with Psyshock your Blissey gets destroyed. Reminding the fight against Hazuki in Rejuvenation and her Corviknight I can imagine a Sash suicide lead Smeargle with Follow Me/Rage Powder alongside Oranguru, and maybe stuff like Stealth Rock, Spore and whatever (not Sticky Web obviously), but not so sure. Speaking of Sticky Web, maybe it could be a reliable strategy if you set it up in your own team in order to counter the Trick Room, taking benefit of the Oranguru's Magic Coat turn 1 given by the seed.

Also the Hyper Voice potential is decupled in double as the move can hit both of the opponents. That's why I definitely see a plate (probably Flame but maybe Pixie, Fist, Mind or Earth) on his Drampa, with both Nature Power and Hyper Voice.

But obviously only one Trick Room setter is not enough for El. Fortunalely for him he should have many options in his hand. First I totally missed the point that Audino can also learn it which makes me even more certain that he will be a TR fighter. Mega Audino with Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Trick Room and Heal Pulse/Wish, not sure which one would be more helpful. And last I was wondering, what about an Eviolite Porygon2, which can learn Trick Room, and could be very annoying and not so passive on the Holy Field ? I know it's a non-evolved form but I feel like it could be a really solid option for our Arceus priest. Tri Attack, Trick Room, Recover and something like Toxic or a Psychic move and let's go.

Yikeeees. Honestly if his team ends up being similar to what you have said, we are going to be in for a ridiculously difficult fight. Curious tho, why wouldn't you be able to taunt immediately when oranguru comes out?

40 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Yikeeees. Honestly if his team ends up being similar to what you have said, we are going to be in for a ridiculously difficult fight. Curious tho, why wouldn't you be able to taunt immediately when oranguru comes out?

Because the Magical Seed makes it +1 Sp Attack and applies Magic Coat to the user on the first turn when consumed on the Holy Field, so your Taunt would bounce straight back on your face. Which is why I suggest to drop a Sticky Web instead at this moment.

2 minutes ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Because the Magical Seed makes it +1 Sp Attack and applies Magic Coat to the user on the first turn when consumed on the Holy Field, so your Taunt would bounce straight back on your face.

Ohhh mannnn. He for sure looks like the toughest elite four memeber. 

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but what field do we think we will fight Heather on??

40 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Ohhh mannnn. He for sure looks like the toughest elite four memeber. 

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but what field do we think we will fight Heather on??

We will fight her on the Mountain Field, maybe the Snowing Mountain surprisingly, but I clearly see the Mountain one. However I was wondering if new fields for E19 could be a possibility ? I don't think so but it would be funny to fight Heather on the same field as Souta from Rejuv.

Like I said, you can still try that Sticky strat, but that would require a well adapted team for that. Personally the one I fear the most with my squad is Laura. I have no idea how I will be able to stop her on her hellish Flower Garden. Fortunately I have a great Volcarona in my team but that shouldn't be enough.

1 hour ago, RocketOSullivan said:

We will fight her on the Mountain Field, maybe the Snowing Mountain surprisingly, but I clearly see the Mountain one. However I was wondering if new fields for E19 could be a possibility ? I don't think so but it would be funny to fight Heather on the same field as Souta from Rejuv.

Like I said, you can still try that Sticky strat, but that would require a well adapted team for that. Personally the one I fear the most with my squad is Laura. I have no idea how I will be able to stop her on her hellish Flower Garden. Fortunately I have a great Volcarona in my team but that shouldn't be enough.

Correct me if i am wrong but can't we just immediately ignite the field with a move like heat wave, rendering Laura quite useless for a majority of the fight??

47 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Correct me if i am wrong but can't we just immediately ignite the field with a move like heat wave, rendering Laura quite useless for a majority of the fight??

I just checked it and yes, it works, but not before stage 3, and the absence of Rain is required. That will be a serious option, you'll just have to deal with the Burning Field afterwards, but it should hurt Laura's team way more than yours. However I think doing such a thing may destroy your relationship score with her. Otherwise you can try to reset to stage 1 with the Poisonium-Z, or make use of Cut as it reduces the field by one stage, is increased by 50% and hit Grass types super effectively, so basically a 150 base power without the STAB. 

8 minutes ago, RocketOSullivan said:

I just checked it and yes, it works, but not before stage 3, and the absence of Rain is required. That will be a serious option, you'll just have to deal with the Burning Field afterwards, but it should hurt Laura way more than you. Otherwise you can try to reset to stage 1 with the Poisonium-Z, or make use of Cut as it reduces the field by one stage, is increased by 50% and hit Grass types super effectively, so basically a 150 base power without the STAB. 

While that cutting strat does sound really effective, i think I'll let her grow to three then just heat wave it down because like you said that will completely end her. but man i still cant get over El, this guy is nuts. I think ill just pray that he only uses singles.

17 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

While that cutting strat does sound really effective, i think I'll let her grow to three then just heat wave it down because like you said that will completely end her. but man i still cant get over El, this guy is nuts. I think ill just pray that he only uses singles.

If Laura really is a pain in the ass I should go with this strat as well in a last resort, but I'd rather not doing that if it affects your relationship with Laura, big fan of Belrose sisters.

For El I guess the main strat would consist in hitting Oranguru as hard as possible to OS it (in my case that should be Buginium-Z Volcarona). If you are able to negate his Trick Room or keep El far from it that could go fine. I hope he doesn't have a Porygon2 though, but this one you should be able to taunt it without any obligation to OS.

Ahh maybe its not worth firing up then. Personally i hope we fight Bennant instead as he is quite literally, trash. I think it may end up being a split depending on what route was selcted as i doubt there would be an elite 5 with both laura and bennant.

41 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Ahh maybe its not worth firing up then. Personally i hope we fight Bennant instead as he is quite literally, trash. I think it may end up being a split depending on what route was selcted as i doubt there would be an elite 5 with both laura and bennant.

Yeah it is a possibility as I said, and I don't believe either in an Elite 5. But I still think he won't be part of the Elite at all, because unlike Laura and the other three members, we already battled him, and twice, plus the Sapphire is now in possession of Laura, in both routes. I think we will fight him anyway a third time in an independent battle on the Flower Garden just before battling Laura, like he did with Serra and Luna.

6 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Yeah it is a possibility as I said, and I don't believe either in an Elite 5. But I still think he won't be part of the Elite at all, because unlike Laura and the other three members, we already battled him, and twice, plus the Sapphire is now in possession of Laura, in both routes. I think we will fight him anyway a third time in an independent battle on the Flower Garden just before battling Laura, like he did with Serra and Luna.

On the topic of relationship points, i actually do believe  that there will be an alternate endings to the game depending on specific combination of choices. I thought of this while looking over the allocation of points and reading more about this game in general.

So it must first be noted that reborn is a game who's characters are homages to actual, real people who acted as participants in an old online battling  website . This includes , rivals, gym leaders and even some of the villains . However it may also be true that the main protagonist (Being you the player) are a representation of a member within that forum and thus a "true ending" would be obtained by making choices, in game, that the real person, who we happen to play as, would have made in those situations.

Another factor to notice is that "relationship points" seem to be of minimal value, and have invoked minimal consequences. However, the CHOICES that the charter has made, has tend to invoke much more significant outcomes in the game, namely  giving Blake the key and fighting Taka at water treatment. The major outcomes that occur as a result of these choices are not due to any apparent value of relation ship points, just the judgement of the character .

This leads me to my final point, the choices necessary  in order to make this true ending occur. Whilst looking over the allocation of points, one anomaly that frequently  occurs is points awarded to Anna and Shade for choices that are completely unrelated  to them. This occurs for things like beating the Garchomp atop Pyrous Mountain, finding all the police officers to reveal Corey in front of Heather and siding with Radomus instead of El. With this info and a little bit of theorising I have drawn the conclusion that be being awarded points from the two of them, being Anna and Shade, suggests that the you have made the choice that exactly emulates that of the person whom we pay homage to. Thus, by acquiring  the maximum amount of relationship points with both Anna and Shade i believe that one will obtain a true ending to this game.

Sorry to get so unrelated  from topic but had this thought and would like to share it, ofc i may just be goofy and there is no true ending at all. Nevertheless, I find it interesting to think about its existence and what it could possibly entail. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

On the topic of relationship points, i actually do believe  that there will be an alternate endings to the game depending on specific combination of choices. I thought of this while looking over the allocation of points and reading more about this game in general.

So it must first be noted that reborn is a game who's characters are homages to actual, real people who acted as participants in an old online battling  website . This includes , rivals, gym leaders and even some of the villains . However it may also be true that the main protagonist (Being you the player) are a representation of a member within that forum and thus a "true ending" would be obtained by making choices, in game, that the real person, who we happen to play as, would have made in those situations.

Another factor to notice is that "relationship points" seem to be of minimal value, and have invoked minimal consequences. However, the CHOICES that the charter has made, has tend to invoke much more significant outcomes in the game, namely  giving Blake the key and fighting Taka at water treatment. The major outcomes that occur as a result of these choices are not due to any apparent value of relation ship points, just the judgement of the character .

This leads me to my final point, the choices necessary  in order to make this true ending occur. Whilst looking over the allocation of points, one anomaly that frequently  occurs is points awarded to Anna and Shade for choices that are completely unrelated  to them. This occurs for things like beating the Garchomp atop Pyrous Mountain, finding all the police officers to reveal Corey in front of Heather and siding with Radomus instead of El. With this info and a little bit of theorising I have drawn the conclusion that be being awarded points from the two of them, being Anna and Shade, suggests that the you have made the choice that exactly emulates that of the person whom we pay homage to. Thus, by acquiring  the maximum amount of relationship points with both Anna and Shade i believe that one will obtain a true ending to this game.

Sorry to get so unrelated  from topic but had this thought and would like to share it, ofc i may just be goofy and there is no true ending at all. Nevertheless, I find it interesting to think about its existence and what it could possibly entail. 

I think the relationship points will affect the postgame mainly, with nothing being irreversible. But yeah clearly there is something with Shade and Anna, as the game heavily suggests you that the correct answer is the one which gives you their points in your several choices.

16 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Yeah it is a possibility as I said, and I don't believe either in an Elite 5

It can be Elite 4 battles, with Laura+Bennet double battle, since they are a couple and there were meddlings with their position in Elite 4. Besides, this growing field seems to suit them both well - it will grow way quicker and will be much harder to destroy when battled 2v2.

True, this is why I suggested that we would fight Bennett just before Laura on the same field, because that would be a waste if you don't fight him on this field considering his team. I remember the Mirror Arena worked as well for him back in the days.  A 12v6 double against both Bennett and Laura could be salty as hell anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok nice, so now with the new dev blog we have the confirmation that :

-Laura is about to be a sheer pain in the ass, as well as a joke without the Flower Garden.

-Saphira is fought in Single. That was my only apprehension, fighting her in double like her sistaz which would have destroyed the plans I have on her, but now fine, challenge accepted. But Laura please don't make me burp blood that much. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, RocketOSullivan said:

But obviously only one Trick Room setter is not enough for El. Fortunalely for him he should have many options in his hand. First I totally missed the point that Audino can also learn it which makes me even more certain that he will be a TR fighter. Mega Audino with Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Trick Room and Heal Pulse/Wish, not sure which one would be more helpful. And last I was wondering, what about an Eviolite Porygon2, which can learn Trick Room, and could be very annoying and not so passive on the Holy Field ? I know it's a non-evolved form but I feel like it could be a really solid option for our Arceus priest. Tri Attack, Trick Room, Recover and something like Toxic or a Psychic move and let's go.

Oranguru can have inner focus as well, so we might not be able to get around it with fake out

The only other thing I will say is the highest performer here with a 97.2% winrate? They actually take Amaria's crown as the league member with the biggest reliance on their field, jumping up from a frankly pathetic-for-E4 fieldless winrate of 73.9%. 

Oh great, does that mean Bennett is actually part of the Elite?

11 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Oranguru can have inner focus as well, so we might not be able to get around it with fake out

Yeeeah, what a pleasure.

• 5 months later...