So I finished the main story (as of now). What now?

Kool Aid

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, I've never posted on here before so feel free to point me in the right direction if so.

To clarify, I'm not asking why it's unfinished, when V13 is coming out, or anything like that, I'm just looking for information on side quests or bonus stuff that I might've missed. I'll gladly take any information, but there's two things in particular that I've seen mentioned but never found myself. Virtual Badges and the Kingdom of Goomidra. Any information on those would be especially appreciated.

Additionally, a bonus question that you can ignore if you want: Are there any other fan games similar to Rejuv in terms of polish, effort, and story? I've only played two other fan games, and one was so laggy it was unplayable, whereas the other one felt like a 12 year old's poorly written mary sue fanfic.

7 minutes ago, Kool Aid said:

Additionally, a bonus question that you can ignore if you want: Are there any other fan games similar to Rejuv in terms of polish, effort, and story? I've only played two other fan games, and one was so laggy it was unplayable, whereas the other one felt like a 12 year old's poorly written mary sue fanfic.

I'd highly recommend trying out Pokémon Reborn if you are in search of a new challenge.

8 minutes ago, Kool Aid said:

To clarify, I'm not asking why it's unfinished, when V13 is coming out, or anything like that, I'm just looking for information on side quests or bonus stuff that I might've missed. I'll gladly take any information, but there's two things in particular that I've seen mentioned but never found myself. Virtual Badges and the Kingdom of Goomidra. Any information on those would be especially appreciated.

The Virtual League can be participated when talking to specific NPC's starting in the Grand Hall up until West Gearen.

The Goomy Kingdom can be entered through a dive spot in the northern part of Honec Woods if I recall correctly.

I hope I could help at least a bit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

I'd highly recommend trying out Pokémon Reborn if you are in search of a new challenge.

The Virtual League can be participated when talking to specific NPC's starting in the Grand Hall up until West Gearen.

The Goomy Kingdom can be entered through a dive spot in the northern part of Honec Woods if I recall correctly.

I hope I could help at least a bit

This is indeed very helpful, thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kool Aid said:

I forgot to add this to the main post, but can you gather all the star shards in this version or is that a future thing?

The trainers for those are the members of the Culvier Clan, they're in the following locations:

East Gearen City

Goldenwood Cave

Route 6 

Zone Zero

The presumed last member is currently on a pilgrimage

• Thanks 1

In terms of other games to play, I would add to the suggestion above: Desolation, Insurgence, and Empyrean. All of these I have finished and enjoyed along the same lines as Rejuvenation.

Desolation is a newer game, so it is a bit less finished (I think its at around 7-8 badges? not completely sure). This game is modeled after Reborn and Rejuvenation by the creator's own words. This one is one par with Reborn and Rejuvenation for me.

Empyrean is another of the older ones, and seems like it still has more updates planned (I'm not sure if that's really the case, I haven't been following very closely), but it is implemented well into the post game.

Insurgence is a bit of an older game and has been finished for a while now. In my opinion, the story is not as good as Rejuvenation, Reborn, and Desolation, but still good in its own right.

• Thanks 1

With pokemon rejuvenation having high shiny odds you might want to look into shiny pokemon, prep an ultimate shiny team before the next version comes! My main suggestion is doing the type: null sidequest located south of route 3... by the entrance to Goldenleaf town, taking the time to shiny hunt the type null in the quest will be satisfying and overall worth your time.

As a side note I am a veteran when it comes to pokemon insurgence, while it is old you may want to take a look into it for the lore, it takes a unique look at everything. Plus I gotta agree with Arlonen as well, pokemon reborn should definately be something you check out as well. Im sure when the next version of rejuvenation comes out you will have even more stuff to do as well