Johto Adventures! (OOC and Sign-Up)

anethia

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So should we make a rule that posts under a certain word count do not count towards the countdown? If so, we'd be resetting the clock to, oh, 5-7 posts until day 2.

Yes please. Orpha still has to meet Odin T_T

Edited by Acquiescence

It would be nice to reach the next day though.

At least everyone will have a chance to meet everyone, instead of sitting by the campfire and wondering about life.

Or for my character, sleeping in suspicious places that could get her in trouble

XD

But hey that's just me, whatever the majority of the peeps agree upon

It would be nice to reach the next day though.

At least everyone will have a chance to meet everyone, instead of sitting by the campfire and wondering about life.

Or for my character, sleeping in suspicious places that could get her in trouble

XD

But hey that's just me, whatever the majority of the peeps agree upon

Butbutbut... Campfires form the basis for human relationships :o

Hmm... Rather than a word count, I think it should be based off of the number of events being described. So in that situation, Pokelord's posts wouldn't move the timer, and neither would my most recent post. It would also prevent people making unnecessarily descriptive posts (aka purple prose) to up the word count in order to get around the rule.

Based off the one in the character thread o.o

She's the only one I use in Pokemon RPs unless I want to double her up with someone

Edit: I had a picture of her on my main picture, but I replaced it.

But besides that I would have no idea why you would be confused about her. ._.

Edited by Color

Based off the one in the character thread o.o

She's the only one I use in Pokemon RPs unless I want to double her up with someone

Edit: I had a picture of her on my main picture, but I replaced it.

But besides that I would have no idea why you would be confused about her. ._.

Just the fact she's not called Color on her info post, and because I am forgetful, especially with names.

*facepalms* Subkoopa, PLEASE be more descriptive in your posts. I can barely understand the messages you're trying to convey. Heck, I don't even understand what happened when you got your Sneasel!

EDIT: Also, it seems everyone forgot that Jake's still at that campsite as well.

Edited by NeoDarklight

*facepalms* Subkoopa, PLEASE be more descriptive in your posts. I can barely understand the messages you're trying to convey. Heck, I don't even understand what happened when you got your Sneasel!

EDIT: Also, it seems everyone forgot that Jake's still at that campsite as well.

I didn't Forget about Jake^Q^

Also, was kind of hoping to see more reactions regarding Mimi the adorable Garchomp.

And I also think that the events within a post should contribute to the post timer. It makes more chronological sense, anyway.

I'm actually trying to avoid posting anything until Amaterasu/Jory do; I've done enough Bunnying for the time being :x

Edited by Acquiescence

To be honest, I still can't really figure out what the magikarp happened in his intro...I mean, "Fucking carry laws", what does that supposed to mean? :unsure:

Maybe I'm just being a grammar Nazi, but It's hard to understand someone's post when everything is so run-together...

To be honest, I still can't really figure out what the magikarp happened in his intro...I mean, "Fucking carry laws", what does that supposed to mean? :unsure:

Maybe I'm just being a grammar Nazi, but It's hard to understand someone's post when everything is so run-together...

A bit of a longshot since I didn't really read everyone's post, but... maybe he means the 6-Pokémon limit?

Then again, I have a Pokémon limit of... 1.

Great. I didn't mean to make everyone just wail on subkoopa. But I guess there is legitimate reason for this, so I'll just state this here-

subkoopa, please clean up your posts. If I have to, I'll find something out there that can help. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying I can't understand anything you are saying in your posts whatsoever. Please be more descriptive, please stop using run-on sentences, and if you don't know what the proper phrasing is, ASK US PLEASE. Several of us are experienced RPers, and can offer advice when you need it. So please, ASK US FOR ADVICE.

ok first try to give creative criticism so say this "doesn't make sense so try to do it like this and it will work better" don't just say this sucks

also carry laws are laws about if you can carry guns with you and what guns you can carry with you so "Fucking carry laws" does make sense

also just pm me to tell me this

Edited by subkoopa

ok first try to give creative criticism so say this "doesn't make sense so try to do it like this and it will work better" don't just say this sucks

Please be more descriptive, please stop using run-on sentences, and if you don't know what the proper phrasing is, ASK US PLEASE. Several of us are experienced RPers, and can offer advice when you need it. So please, ASK US FOR ADVICE.

What do mean by my posts are too short !?

It means that the length of post and textual density held therein in your various posts are not entirely not undesirable in the context of our Role-Play.

Seriously though, if you look at our posts and compare post length, the disparity is rather jarring. It's not so much that short posts are frowned upon, just that non-descriptive posts such as yours might not be the best with regard to the advancement of the "post clock". It would be appreciated, I think, if you could try to be a tad more descriptive or elaborate a bit on the events in your posts; a length similar to Amaterasu's would be good. Not just talking about number of lines, here. The proportion of writing to content which Amaterasu employs is, I believe, the optimal for a casual RP. Posts that are the length of mine (2.7k-3.5k) are actually rather overkill and thus not entirely appropriate.