Johto Adventures! (OOC and Sign-Up)

anethia

A Johto Adventure Roleplay, Rated T. This is the SU +OOC thread. The IC thread shall be made soon.

530452-Pokemon__Johto_Side_by_e1n.jpg

[ About the RP ]

The world of Pokemon is very mysterious - they are our friends, but they also possess immense power. We developed along with them, and created ways of using these creatures in our daily lives. We also established a way to battle with them.

So, with that in mind.. It's time to start your journey. Race around the world to your hearts content, fully maturing and becoming the best the world has ever known. Travel with your friends, or alone. Establish your goal and make your name known in the Pokemon world! Go! Leap into a world of adventure!

[ When the RP is set ]

The region of Johto is in perfect shape - Pokemon from all over the world have been spotted, and lots of Pokemon are developing. Professor Elm has agreed to supply you with a baby Pokemon of your choice, along with 5 Poke Balls.

However, in return, he wants you to help with the Pokedex, by filling it out with the data you obtain about the many Pokemon. Along the way, follow your heart and go for what you want to do...

[ Rules ]

..In return, follow these rules!

★ Obey the standard Reborn Roleplay rules.

★ Rating is T, since there is no gore in Pokemon and since descriptions of violence and romance should be kept on a decently tasteful level.
★ Do not godmod. It's no fun if a player is completely unbeatable or evolves all their pokémon early on.

★ Do NOT bunny. Bunny means playing another person's character - very obvious, but do not do it.
★ You can capture pokémon without the need for the GM's approval.
★ At all times, you are allowed to make up either in-game NPCs or other in-game players though!

★ You may battle with other players and NPC's - but Gym Leader battles shall be done with the GM.

★ Only 1 Egg move per starter allowed. This is to keep them from being overpowered so early on.

★ No DW ability Pokemon can be caught in the wild. This isn't Unova, so there are no Hidden Groves here.

★ In vein with the above, If you're going to give a Wild pokemon an egg move, it can only have 1, like your starter. And only 1 out of every 3 CAPTURES can have an egg move... Try to be reasonable about it as well. We don't want people running around with teams of Brave Bird Pidgey's or Super Fang Rattata's that were freshly caught

Merely state here which character you wish to use from your list (in the RP character thread.) If you wish to make any edits for this RP alone, state so in your post. Also, state your starter Pokemon ( from any gen, baby stage.)

For instance, I'll be using Odin Tosyuko, but she no bow, and a black handbag. She also has a pink Poketch replacing her white wristband.

~ Odin Tosyuko ( Amaterasu )

~ Josh Elders ( rustytengo )

~ Color ( Color )

~ James Koopa (subkoopa )

~ Kyoko Yuki ( personwithbanana9870 )

~ Jake Lucas ( NeoDarklight )

~ Jory Roberston ( Jory )

~ Rino ( Rycast )

As this ends off, though, I have a question;

How would everyone feel if I were to allow Mega Evolutions? Obviously they would be very hard to obtain, and they'd have no new moves unless confirmed, but it could be nice. Lemme know what you think.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay dokie i will join

i will be using Josh Elders then only one i have at this time anyway

he has a blue backpack and a red and black pokegear

by baby stage you mean first stage right if so then i would like Rhyhorn then if not Magbay

and mega i would not do that until we actually get x and y so we can actually see everything about it

i'm subkoopa but just call me sub, me and my Sneasel been together since i was little but i don't want to tell the story right now

p.s. i'm new to roleplaying so sorry if i suck at times

Edited by subkoopa

i'm subkoopa but just call me sub, me and my Sneasel been together since i was little but i don't want to tell the story right now

p.s. i'm new to roleplaying so sorry if i suck at times

You make your character in the designated thread - it's just pinned. Made by Silver~.

Sign Kyoko (me) up, I choice to use a Lavitar and will likely not evolve it to Tyranitar until, maybe at the league (if I make it there that is).

Or if I can use non Johto pokemon, imma use lileep

Edited by personwithbanana9870

I'll just my thing up like this, if that's okay with you.

Just a habit ^^;

Btw, is this like HGSS Johto where you can have pokemon up to 4th gen here?

Name: Color

Starter: Turtwig aka Grass Mini (if allowed) or Crest aka Cyndaquil

Mr. Eyan is joining the party. Looks are on the RP character thread though the lab coat is unnecessary.

And sorry for the mary sue..I was tired and wanted to go extravagant

As for baby pokemon, gimme Eevee (Abyssion) or Riolu (Seishin) Maybe evolve at life threatening moment that Eyan protects Abyssion/Seishin in which cause evolution via friendship

Perhaps this would make a good start to fanfiction for me too

Edited by Lunar081

I might as well sign up Jake for this, though please excuse any misinformation on my part, as I haven't played Gold, Silver, or Crystal in YEARS, and never got to play ANY games for the DS.

Is starting with a Beldum okay?

EDIT: Also, @Lunar081: My character was originally much, much worse than yours was Marty Stu-wise, and yet he was technically pretty much average in the RP I used him in. It all depends on how you portray the dude. Sure, a tragic backstory involving attempting to create a portal to another dimension backfiring to completely incinerate one's left arm up to the shoulder resulting in a series of events leading to acquiring a (sort of) robotic arm is pretty damn Sue-ish, but it actually became a realistic handicap in its own setting (having to maintain a robotic arm is a *****, ESPECIALLY on limited resources), leading to a richer RP experience.

Edited by NeoDarklight

EDIT: Also, @Lunar081: My character was originally much, much worse than yours was Marty Stu-wise, and yet he was technically pretty much average in the RP I used him in. It all depends on how you portray the dude. Sure, a tragic backstory involving attempting to create a portal to another dimension backfiring to completely incinerate one's left arm up to the shoulder resulting in a series of events leading to acquiring a (sort of) robotic arm is pretty damn Sue-ish, but it actually became a realistic handicap in its own setting (having to maintain a robotic arm is a *****, ESPECIALLY on limited resources), leading to a richer RP experience.

Mine got a caste because of a lab incident in which caused skin rashes and shouldn't be exposed

And besides, I made that char when I was half-asleep.

Terribly sorry for not specifiying - I thought the starter notice for any gen would be enough, but whatever~. 1-5 is allowed. Wild, starter, boss, trainer, catch, et.c

Everyone is accepted.

And um, I would very much prefer you roleplay OC's, due to the fact that not all characters show up for enough time. Plus, it could give you a bit of special privileges - my character doesn't have any, by the way.

Terribly sorry for not specifiying - I thought the starter notice for any gen would be enough, but whatever~. 1-5 is allowed. Wild, starter, boss, trainer, catch, et.c

Everyone is accepted.

And um, I would very much prefer you roleplay OC's, due to the fact that not all characters show up for enough time. Plus, it could give you a bit of special privileges - my character doesn't have any, by the way.

Well then, get me down as Orpha Janelle. Details in the other thread. Starter Pokemon is Cottonee (obviously).

What's the general policy on EXP gain and leveling?

Just don't go over the top. This is a lax, easy, beginners RP to kick this section off, so just don't go over the top - moderate yourself.

You two are accepted, and the IC thread is made. Just jump in.

If it's not too late to sign up then I guess I'll join with Rino and a Zorua as a starter.

Scratch that, I think a Zorua might be too complicated for me, but a based Ralts would be perfect.

Edited by Rycast