Johto Adventures! (OOC and Sign-Up)

anethia

yeah i would totally be down for some sort of time line just so we all can try not to get things to overly confused. Then again confused is kind of my thing half the time though.

Also NeoDarklight random question how is it your character was able to catch a shinx when Amaterasu didn't have shinx as one of the pokemon that we could find on route 29? Just asking i am a snoopy bastard person after all. Or did I not just see it all the times i have looked?

I have not posted again because i was giving other people a chance to post. But it looks like every one who as been accepted has posted there first thing so i guess its fair games to. Well at least get to the end of day 1(not act one) though we do need more character interaction though my character is kind of in the middle of nowhere right now.(time to head towards Mr. Pokemon's house i guess and maybe catch a new pokemon well i am at it.)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rustytengo I really don't mean to nitpick, but it makes my life easier when everyone does their best to use proper grammar. Even if it takes a bit longer, you'll get good practice in.

@EVERYONE

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NEW POST IF THE EVENTS YOU ARE DESCRIBING OCCUR LATER THAN THOSE IN THE POSTS BELOW YOU. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS TO HAVE TO SCROLL ALL OVER THE PLACE TO LOOK FOR NEW STUFF.

Edited by Jory

@rustytengo I really don't mean to nitpick, but it makes my life easier when everyone does their best to use proper grammar. Even if it takes a bit longer, you'll get good practice in.

@EVERYONE

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NEW POST IF THE EVENTS YOU ARE DESCRIBING OCCUR LATER THAN THOSE IN THE POSTS BELOW YOU. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS TO HAVE TO SCROLL ALL OVER THE PLACE TO LOOK FOR NEW STUFF.

Crap am i being an idiot again. Sorry about that my grammar skills are not that good so bad grammar happens a lot with me. Mainly because my brain does not perceive it as bad in the first place or i just don't catch it when i use the wrong words or place them wrong. There is a reason why i was had below average grades in school in most of my classes.

@rustytengo: Ah, crap, I must've not seen that part of the post. I actually looked up on Bulbapedia what pokemon were catchable on Route 29, and Shinx was catchable in HG/SS if you used the Sinnoh Tune (you can get Plusle and Minun if you use the Hoenn tune), and so I based it off of that. Am I going to have to redo that part of the post? I can change the events and make it another pokemon if need be, since I haven't interacted with someone else yet. I will probably change it to a Manectric if I have to retcon it.

Edited by NeoDarklight

Reading my post again, I really rushed my way to Cherrygrove, but I guess I don't wanna change my first post now or else it'll probably just cause some more confusion. I'll just let her train at Route 29, maybe catch a new pokemon, except I'll put in some times in the first post to help with clearing out any confusion.

@Jory if I'm reading what you said for everyone right, then should I move my last paragraph from my first post to a new post when I post something new later, or is it fine where it is?

And just wondering who'll be up for a battle with Kyoko later but just as a practice battle since she never had a real trainer battle.

@NeoDarklight i am guessing because Amaterasu has not said anything its probably fine though she may say something later.

@Personwithbanana i would be up for battling your character mainly just to see how battles will be done. Works out really well to given that we both are in the same time zone. And have rock pokemon... that battle will take a long time so much bulk between are pokemon.

Edited by rustytengo

@NeoDarklight i am guessing because Amaterasu has not said anything its probably fine though she may say something later.

Actually, I think it's because she hasn't been on in a few days. I'm gonna wait another day and see what happens.

Ummm...

Hello,I apperently have not gotten a responds; what is up with that?

Yeah, I think Amaterasu has been AFK for a bit. You'll get a response eventually, I think.

Oh, and by the way, I took a look at your RP character profile, and would like to point out a distinct lack of character flaws - other than "lazy" which, face it, isn't that much of a flaw, nor is it particularly interesting. You might want to revise your character a bit to grant it more depth - just my opinion, no offence.

I've noted that your character is supposed to be developing psychic powers. Developing psychic powers tends to cause some sort of stress, and in some cases, confusion. Being unable to tell at times what is "real" and what is a result of his psychic powers beginning to develop could be a reasonable flaw on that front. However, you're going to have to be careful, and try to make it a little ambiguous for optimal effect.

As for character flaws, when it comes to particularly intelligent characters, arrogance is pretty common as a character flaw, and gamers can have an addiction to their games at inopportune times. The trick is making those flaws believable, and in some cases, make it work towards their advantage in select situations. For example, a gamer can interpret a situation similar to their favorite games, and come up with an unorthodox strategy that their opponent wasn't expecting. (See: The World Only God Knows, and 12 Beast Oneshot version for good examples of this.)

Edited by NeoDarklight

I've noted that your character is supposed to be developing psychic powers. Developing psychic powers tends to cause some sort of stress, and in some cases, confusion. Being unable to tell at times what is "real" and what is a result of his psychic powers beginning to develop could be a reasonable flaw on that front. However, you're going to have to be careful, and try to make it a little ambiguous for optimal effect.

As for character flaws, when it comes to particularly intelligent characters, arrogance is pretty common as a character flaw, and gamers can have an addiction to their games at inopportune times. The trick is making those flaws believable, and in some cases, make it work towards their advantage in select situations. For example, a gamer can interpret a situation similar to their favorite games, and come up with an unorthodox strategy that their opponent wasn't expecting.

Also, specifically regarding you character (Pokelord), one main issue I have is "Pure Intentions and Heart, Easily Hurt."

Giving a reason for his "pure heart" would be good. Why is he good-aligned? What are his motivations? Especially if he's easily hurt, you'd expect him to be dark and bitter, possibly resentful. The two traits don't really mesh well together.

"Somewhat lazy but kind and compassionate,also can be very Determined/Strong willed, plus is Intelligent" is a description of basically every anime/game protagonist ever. Try to add a little more depth by giving him more unique character traits. For example, you could make him a cynical person, or you could give him a morbid fear of the supernatural, or something. Just add a bit to the mix.

I'd like to sign up. Jameson "James" Rhodes as my character.

As for a starter... tough choice.

Oh, I know! I'll let it come to a vote!

Duskull or Scyther everyone? Those are the two I normally start out with with this guy. Although I'm worried you all would think I'm a bit OP if starting with Scyther, so I'm leaning towards Duskull. xD

Also, specifically regarding you character (Pokelord), one main issue I have is "Pure Intentions and Heart, Easily Hurt."

Giving a reason for his "pure heart" would be good. Why is he good-aligned? What are his motivations? Especially if he's easily hurt, you'd expect him to be dark and bitter, possibly resentful. The two traits don't really mesh well together.

"Somewhat lazy but kind and compassionate,also can be very Determined/Strong willed, plus is Intelligent" is a description of basically every anime/game protagonist ever. Try to add a little more depth by giving him more unique character traits. For example, you could make him a cynical person, or you could give him a morbid fear of the supernatural, or something. Just add a bit to the mix.

what I mean by "Easily Hurt" is that I/He has a low pain tolerance, Physically speaking and emotional value, too.

Fixed up a bit(I think)

The ?'s with be revealed sometime.

Edited by Pokelord

i would like to join with my character Warthok,can i start with a cubone with thick club?

No item, otherwise, your good.

Joining as Fauna Telmaris.

The catch is that she is a wild, shiny Zigzagoon. :3 (Can still talk like a human, though.)

Hm.. alright, fine. Since this is more laid back, I'll allow it.

For act 1, are the wild pokemon the same for route 30 since Mr. Pokemon lives there?

Yep.

May I Join on this Johto journey with a Ralts,a Tailow,a Woobat,a Torchic,or a Riolu.

Pick one. Otherwise, approved.

(If I've said you're approved, just go. I'm too lazy to edit the OP xD;)

..Oh, yeah. Just make new posts please~. AND KEEP IN MIND! You DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE HUGE POSTS OR ADD YOUR TEAM INFO AT THE END. Don't try to cram in useless details - don't make them too small, but not mountains for posts. The current length average is fine, just don't go over the top, kay?

Edited by Amaterasu