Role Play Verse Thread

Bearadactyl

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have I not been added to SMT even though I edited it on?

Added you. Sorry, pretty big list; thanks for letting me know. And, for future reference, it would be easier if you made an entirely new post as opposed to editing your previous one.

List of verses I'm qualified for:

1: Homestuck. I am on my 8th read-through. I am probably the most qualified to handle any discrepancies with that verse. Do NOT trust its wiki absolutely- people tend to post speculation as fact.

2: Pokemon (up to Gen III).

3: Digimon (but not season 4).

To be technical, I wouldn't say there's any "qualification" to role play anything. I'm more than content with newcomers discovering and trying new verses, though I do expect them to know the basics. As for the Homestuck Wiki, I've finished the series up to its most recent page; and I scour the wiki frequently. The fan spec is pretty clear fan spec; it's seldom paraded about as fact from the pages I've been on.

This is all for fun, and I'm hoping people won't turn Role Play here in to a competition as they seem to on other sites.

Um, um, um.

So I have a penchant for crossover content. In particular, I have a world that combines pretty much anything as long as it doesn't change the world in a global, dramatic scale. (Though one timeline had the Earth destroyed by a giant tank in the Mayan Apocalypse, and my characters' iterations in two existing forum RPs are from this timeline---with differing reasons to be in other worlds.)

And, um. I think I'm too shy to RP the Persona setting, but. Okay, I'm probably too shy. I'm listing it anyway, but I won't be very good at it. <_<;;;

Invader Zim I can do pretty well. It requires no background in Japanese culture, and is outright comedic. Plus I have an Irken fancharacter, so.

Elder Scrolls sounds like fun; I particularly enjoy Prequel. I have only played Oblivion and Skyrim, but I can research other eras if need be. I have enough content to go through.

Ooh! Ooh! God Eater Burst!
Pokémon? why not! (Hell, I'd play a literal Wynaut. Should be fun.) I'd specialize on a Pokémon---sounds like fun.

Homestuck~! I'm not reading it religiously, but I have a firm grasp on the goings-on of Homestuck. I'm decent at classpecting, too.

On that note... whynot Problem Sleuth?

Let's see... what else. I may as well put in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Dark Souls.

Edited by RisingManes

Back at the Barnyard, Hello Kitty, SANIC, AquaTeen, Space Ghost, Boku no Pico, Dragon ball GT, The last two episodes of ren 'n stimpy, and only the 11 foot vicinity around the cabbage man's cart in Avatar

> wants to start a persona/FSN RP.

>not enough people

>curses, gives up

ah you should not give up especially on the FSN one. its one of the ones that i am really interested in(though you would need at least seven people if you use all the classes) also I am really curious how that would be done especially if you could make your own servant cause i actually have some ideas in that area. I also think that it would be a lot of fun to do its an interesting world.

Edited by rustytengo

Everything's been updated, if you see any mistakes be sure to give me a shout.

Why am I up for One Piece? That's not in my post..

Fixed, sorry about that; a lot of requests at once, may have just accidentally jotted you down. Thanks for telling me.

Um, um, um.

So I have a penchant for crossover content. In particular, I have a world that combines pretty much anything as long as it doesn't change the world in a global, dramatic scale. (Though one timeline had the Earth destroyed by a giant tank in the Mayan Apocalypse, and my characters' iterations in two existing forum RPs are from this timeline---with differing reasons to be in other worlds.)

I'll just chalk it up to Original Verse, given it's your story.

I'd be up for:

Pokemon

Avatar: The Last Airbender (post Legend of Korra)

Legend of Zelda

Monster Hunter

General Fantasy

Apocalyptic/Disaster

Minecraft

Final Fantasy (though i'm only really well versed up to 4)

Fire Emblem

Persona

Fairy Tale

One Piece

Naruto

General Sci-Fi

General Pirate

Harry Potter

Original Verse

Jurassic Park

Harvest Moon

Psychonauts

ah you should not give up especially on the FSN one. its one of the ones that i am really interested in(though you would need at least seven people if you use all the classes) also I am really curious how that would be done especially if you could make your own servant cause i actually have some ideas in that area. I also think that it would be a lot of fun to do its an interesting world.

Well, what I was thinking was...random Servants. In the original verse you don't exactly get to choose your own Servant either. I may host one at a later date, but would like at least 5 participants.

Well, what I was thinking was...random Servants. In the original verse you don't exactly get to choose your own Servant either. I may host one at a later date, but would like at least 5 participants.

That would work to that's actually something I thought about though if I remember right from the wiki people can chose the class but can't decide who they get unless they have some sort of catalyst conected to them or something. If it was me I would not use the servants that been in the show.

Oi. We have just enough people for a Homestuck RP, albeit a small one. Now we just need to designate a Time player and a Space player, and make sure the male:female ratio of characters is 1:1. Or just do dreambubble shenanigans, in which case we just throw all that out the window and make everybody dead from the start.

Oi. We have just enough people for a Homestuck RP, albeit a small one. Now we just need to designate a Time player and a Space player, and make sure the male:female ratio of characters is 1:1. Or just do dreambubble shenanigans, in which case we just throw all that out the window and make everybody dead from the start.

Um, I dunno... That seems to me like a nasty roadblock. I'd be fine if we threw out the 1:1 ratio out the window. Hell, make it mostly males for all I care. Just... I don't feel comfortable with an equal gender ratio.

Am I weird for asking this?

Um, I dunno... That seems to me like a nasty roadblock. I'd be fine if we threw out the 1:1 ratio out the window. Hell, make it mostly males for all I care. Just... I don't feel comfortable with an equal gender ratio.

Am I weird for asking this?

No, you're not. I'm not much for it as well. It's one of those things, that in my opinion; doesn't really matter. It doesn't seem that significant to the plot overall. However, we do need designated Space and Time characters.

I'm, actually intent on getting the Homestuck role play ball rolling once I feel we have an adequate number of people who want to. I want a little more than just four people; otherwise I feel redundancy will occur. I say at about six.

An even gender ratio in Homestuck is there for a very specific reason for the primary sessions. Which was why I suggested dreambubble shenanigans- it lifts almost every restriction one would normally have, including but not limited to: species, genders, claspects, quadrant-based romance systems, etc. And the lack of clearly defined space-time can be used to explain in a convenient manner why someone just randomly dropped off the face of the earth for months at a time, only to reappear without warning.

Edited by NeoDarklight

An even gender ratio in Homestuck is there for a very specific reason for the primary sessions. Which was why I suggested dreambubble shenanigans- it lifts almost every restriction one would normally have, including but not limited to: species, genders, claspects, quadrant-based romance systems, etc. And the lack of clearly defined space-time can be used to explain in a convenient manner why someone just randomly dropped off the face of the earth for months at a time, only to reappear without warning.

It is there for a specific reason, yes. However, once more; it's also not one of those things that would heavily impact the story in my honest opinion. It would also restrict the flexibility of the role play and writer's preference. There could be many, many explanations as to why there isn't an even gender ratio; dead players being a big one.

In my own fan fiction there are three males and one female left living, it would not be hard at all to come up with a good reason. Dream Bubble Shenanigans is okay, I suppose. But, the problem I see with it is the lack of a rich; story experience. It just seems like it would be a bunch of messing around to myself. Due to the various types of sessions, and due to the ability to cross in to other sessions; Homestuck is quite flexible. You can sort of think outside of the box a lot, it's similar to the Fallout Verse for that reason.