Role Play Verse Thread

Bearadactyl

Yeah. It seems very symbolic (Homestuck being an allegory to the Big Bang, ecology, et. al.), but when dealing with roleplaying, it can get... incomfortable. That, and you have the possible problem of uneven amounts of players.

I have a session of my own which ignores this requirement. The last thing I want this RP session to become is an exercise in someone else's theorycrafting. I should probably come up with a nicer way to say that, but...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It seems very symbolic (Homestuck being an allegory to the Big Bang, ecology, et. al.), but when dealing with roleplaying, it can get... incomfortable. That, and you have the possible problem of uneven amounts of players.

I have a session of my own which ignores this requirement. The last thing I want this RP session to become is an exercise in someone else's theorycrafting. I should probably come up with a nicer way to say that, but...

Basically this. The glory of writing a fanfiction, is the ability to add your own canon and lore. Sure, I do agree that there is a line. Such, as a Space and Time player being required. Role Play should be flexible, to adhere to all of the writers involved and their tastes. ESPECIALLY when it comes to characters. This is role play, not canonfest.

Our role play isn't Hussie's story, so we have the ability to toss a bit of the allegory and replace it with our own. Yes, I agree we should adhere to certain guidelines because the last thing I want is a PowerRangerTimeLordPokémonMasterNekoDemonLord running about. But, there should be room for flexibility in certain areas.

I can promise you a lot of people don't like that one of my fan-kids is a vampire. However, if Rainbow Drinkers exist on one side of the spectrum; why can't their equivalent exist on the other? People may also not like that I have a troll/human hybrid (created through ectobiological tomfoolery, becoming a VRY important part of my own story.) People will also chastise that I created my own type of session. (Separate from Dead/Void Sessions.)

My Fallout character is another people aren't very fond of, however, once more she's my character. And, she falls within the realm of plausibility for the series.

Edited by Nutcase

I see... Very good points, I'd say. also, I DID say that we only know for sure that the 1:1 ratio only applies to the primary session IE the seeded sessions. In the story itself, it's been implied there were other sessions, like fedorafreak's session, or even that that one football player may be part of a session where his own dreamself died. There is a LOT of flexibility. Although, the crossing sessions thing needs certain requirements to be met, though it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, with the proper information. There's a lot of room to explore an expanded universe. The problem with a 5th type of session, though, is that the conditions for each session type are pretty clearly defined, aside from minor differences separating successful and standard null sessions. There really isn't a lot of room for exploring a non-standard session type, since they are very much dependent on the conditions surrounding entry into the session (not counting the VERY abnormal conditions of Homestuck's own setting. But again, that one is also (somewhat) clearly defined). The only way I can think of around that is to find an entirely new way of entering a session that still designates you as a player through the game itself. ...Which is something you probably did. /rant

Anyways, yeah, I never thought that having a vampire in a session would be too farfetched, considering rainbow drinkers. It has been stated that the abilities you get in the game are not the only ones you can use to win. You can use any other abilities you get through any means, be they racial abilities, like cherub planet-killing energies, or Vriska's mind control, things acquired through unusual circumstances, like John's new retcon ability, or even having your essence or something corrupted, like grimdark!Rose. I shall not even mention Trickster Mode outside this sentence. Point is, anything goes ability-wise. /rantagain

Ectobiological cross-species hybrids are a bit of a stretch, but not unallowed, IMO. I was actually thinking that multi-species sessions could be a thing in an EU session. Just don't make a sue is all I can think to say.

TL;DR version: I think uneven gender ratios are okay if it isn't a seeded session, a new session type requires some serious world-building to be acceptable, vampires are okay, along with any kind of innate or acquired superpower (just don't godmod), and hybrids are okay so long as they aren't Mary Sues trying to be the most important character.

Also, I wanna be a Lord of Heart.

I see... Very good points, I'd say. also, I DID say that we only know for sure that the 1:1 ratio only applies to the primary session IE the seeded sessions. In the story itself, it's been implied there were other sessions, like fedorafreak's session, or even that that one football player may be part of a session where his own dreamself died. There is a LOT of flexibility. Although, the crossing sessions thing needs certain requirements to be met, though it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, with the proper information. There's a lot of room to explore an expanded universe. The problem with a 5th type of session, though, is that the conditions for each session type are pretty clearly defined, aside from minor differences separating successful and standard null sessions. There really isn't a lot of room for exploring a non-standard session type, since they are very much dependent on the conditions surrounding entry into the session (not counting the VERY abnormal conditions of Homestuck's own setting. But again, that one is also (somewhat) clearly defined). The only way I can think of around that is to find an entirely new way of entering a session that still designates you as a player through the game itself. ...Which is something you probably did. /rant

Anyways, yeah, I never thought that having a vampire in a session would be too farfetched, considering rainbow drinkers. It has been stated that the abilities you get in the game are not the only ones you can use to win. You can use any other abilities you get through any means, be they racial abilities, like cherub planet-killing energies, or Vriska's mind control, things acquired through unusual circumstances, like John's new retcon ability, or even having your essence or something corrupted, like grimdark!Rose. I shall not even mention Trickster Mode outside this sentence. Point is, anything goes ability-wise. /rantagain

Ectobiological cross-species hybrids are a bit of a stretch, but not unallowed, IMO. I was actually thinking that multi-species sessions could be a thing in an EU session. Just don't make a sue is all I can think to say.

TL;DR version: I think uneven gender ratios are okay if it isn't a seeded session, a new session type requires some serious world-building to be acceptable, vampires are okay, along with any kind of innate or acquired superpower (just don't godmod), and hybrids are okay so long as they aren't Mary Sues trying to be the most important character.

Also, I wanna be a Lord of Heart.

I actually have two character I'm sort of torn between using. My troll, and one of my kids. The kid, being the hybrid. I won't parade him about as being the most important character outside of the session he was initially from; his importance will be expressed as past events only. And, the new type of session I created is actually an expansion of the lore on my part. I'm not intent on using it in our role play here. My session is another form of glitched session if you would go that far. Sburb is a game, so I went with the idea of the game having hidden settings available through very specific means; the session type was actually an accident on my character's part. But, I'll spare the details for now. I call it a Wildcard Session.

I won't be using my vampire, though one of my trolls is actually a Rainbow Drinker.

My Rainbow Drinker is a Thief of Doom. My Hybrid is a Knight of the Void. Not sure which I'll use.

I'm going to try and keep some of the extra things from my own fan fiction out of the role play setting, well at least in an active fashion. Though, I've been careful to ensure every addition and every difference from standard Homestuck are plausible by the Homestuck Multiverse's standards. Similar to how my character Sumiko is plausible by Fallout standards. But, then again... You can probably fit whatever in the hell you want in Fallout. I break canon, without making it unbelievable; is the best way to put it.

Thread has been updated, a mistake fixed, and just a warning: I may not be present for the next few days, so if there are any new additions there's a good chance this thread won't be updated until Wednesday; unless a mod is kind enough and decides to update it in my absence.

I'm sorry for interrupting this in advance.

Haruka, seeing wet man abs on my computer screen is distracts me every time I'm scrolling down the forums.

Liek damn!

XD

Anyyywaayys put me down for Pokemon, Digimon, aannnddd uhh hm, Final Fantasy?

FF is a tricky one since it can literally take wayyyy back in the medieval times all the way up to the badass sci-fi stuff with blazing guns and magic exploding everywhere.

Alright, thread has finally been updated; I apologize for the delay, life sort of kicked me in the stone for a while.

New verses have been added, and all lists updated. If I'm missing something or if I've made a mistake, shoot me a PM or reply here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oi so much roleplay <3

Pokemon, Elderscrolls, and Fallout for now :P

:edit: also will be making my own original roleplay based on an old rp character of mine,

"World of Light"

Edited by oOshikoOo

• 2 months later...